The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I want to take the chance to comment this picture ( http://www.expressen.se/content/1/c6...2/7bf2365a.jpg ) which Yennie has posted in the fifth Madeleine-news-thread...I´ve to say, I´ve never seen such terrible tans...and I´ve seen a lot...People who are frequenters in solariums etc., but I think I can say for sure, that I´ve never seen ppl, who are THAT deformed through the sun or through "fake tan" (which would be the better option, but here I guess it´s "real" tan->solarium or a lot of hours outside-in the hottest hours of the day) like Madeleine and Louise.
I may sound mean, but I really hope that the swedish tabloids stop to ignore Madeleine´s tan (or stop to write the "sun-tanned princess") and start to make fun of her. And comedy-shows should do the same. I mean "some" tanning is ok, but that what Madeleine and her friend do is dangerous...and it´s even more dangerous since Madeleine is for many ppl a role model!

Old 08-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Courtier

I think I found an pic of the same event. But not that evil!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/noje/0408/...6MADDE_368.jpg

Old 08-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
I may sound mean, but I really hope that the swedish tabloids stop to ignore Madeleine´s tan (or stop to write the "sun-tanned princess") and start to make fun of her. And comedy-shows should do the same. I mean "some" tanning is ok, but that what Madeleine and her friend do is dangerous...and it´s even more dangerous since Madeleine is for many ppl a role model!
Or casually note in an article about the dangers of too much tanning, the example of Len and what might happen to her in the future. I don´t want to sound mean but something needs to be done.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I agree, Madeleines tanning has really gotten to far. Her skin looks almost dirty in that pic. And this is the skin of a swedish blonde girl...
it looks really bad!
Old 08-31-2004, 06:49 AM
Majesty

My foult i posted in the wrong thread here was my post from that

Quote:
acording to expressen.se madeleine will take a A-level course in (etnologi) what is that in english?
Old 08-31-2004, 07:27 AM
Majesty

That would be ethnology which is the branch of anthropology that specifically deals with the comparison of cultures. Cultural anthropology.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:28 AM
Majesty

a good course for a princess
Old 08-31-2004, 10:55 AM
Majesty

Yes, it is. It´s always fun to see how people in one culture live compare to people in another culture.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:54 AM
Majesty

Madeleine is on Royal duty today
Duchess Madeleine of Hälsingland, princess of Sweden will visit Hälsingland

Madeleines Very First Duchess Visit 2002-09-07, Gävle

King, Queen And Duchess Madeleine of Hälsingland attended Sunday mass - 16-03-2003
Old 09-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Aristocracy

I personally think she has a spray tan. The coloring is right on for that type of tan. Plus it would be much easier for her to maintain that dark color. In this day in age with everyone knowing the dangers of tanning, I really think it is a spray or Mystic tan. They are very popular in the US, I am not sure if they are everywhere...but that it what I think it is. I think at least people should accept that as a possibility.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Courtier

hey spray tan is even as dangerous as it can caus cancer
Old 09-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Exclamation Spray tan

Spray tan can cause cancer?! Yikes! I thought that fake tan is the only "safe" way to tan without using sunbeds and sitting out in the sun?
Old 09-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

I don't believe that has been proven yet, especially with the new Mystic tans. Plus anything is better than baking in the sun.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

More pictures from Madeleine yesterday in Hälsingland...IMO she looks a little bit less tanned...maybe she has stopped it (???)
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
More pictures from Madeleine yesterday in Hälsingland...IMO she looks a little bit less tanned...maybe she has stopped it (???)
Madeleine stop tanning? Are pigs now flying? I don't think Madeleine will ever stop tanning although maybe she is more cautious about how much of it she does.

I actually looked at these pictures and thought she looks more blonde, too. (Although being more blonde would accentuate her tan right? So the opposite of Lena's theory?)
Old 09-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Her skin definately looks much better now... but whats with the tie? Not her best look imo :)
Old 09-03-2004, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Madeleine stop tanning? Are pigs now flying?
*g* well, I´ve just tried to expect the best from Madeleine´s side...maybe Mamma Silvia had a serious discussion with Madeleine about tanning...or maybe brother-in-law-to-be Daniel gave her one of his trucker-caps to protect her from the sun

Oh, yes the tie...a very conservative style...her style reminded me of a similar style, which Victoria wore on a little visit to a province in spring 2001. Unfortunately I couldn´t find a pic, otherwise I would have posted it.

But more than her tan or tie this time her hair "worried" me...it looks like straw....maybe or rather probaby the extensive dyeing has to be blamed.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Majesty

I´m surprised at the lack of photos. Maybe IBL will have some as the weekend goes on.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
What is she holding in her arms?
Old 09-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anybody (Yennie?) know which grades Madeleine had, when she has left public school (compulsary school/grundskolan) in 1998? I ask because I´ve just read, that her grades weren´t sooo good (at least not comparable to her grades on the private school, where she has passed her final exams in 2001)