Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 3: August 2004 - June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spray tan

Spray tan can cause cancer?! Yikes! I thought that fake tan is the only "safe" way to tan without using sunbeds and sitting out in the sun?

I don't believe that has been proven yet, especially with the new Mystic tans. Plus anything is better than baking in the sun.

More pictures from Madeleine yesterday in Hälsingland...IMO she looks a little bit less tanned...maybe she has stopped it (???)

Attachments

• len1.jpg
    len1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 447
  • len2.jpg
    len2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 336
  • len3.jpg
    len3.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 363
  • len4.jpg
    len4.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 375
  • len5.jpg
    len5.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 738
Lena said:
More pictures from Madeleine yesterday in Hälsingland...IMO she looks a little bit less tanned...maybe she has stopped it (???)

Madeleine stop tanning? Are pigs now flying? :D I don't think Madeleine will ever stop tanning although maybe she is more cautious about how much of it she does.

I actually looked at these pictures and thought she looks more blonde, too. (Although being more blonde would accentuate her tan right? So the opposite of Lena's theory?)

Her skin definately looks much better now... but whats with the tie? Not her best look imo :)

Alexandria said:
Madeleine stop tanning? Are pigs now flying? :D

*g* well, I´ve just tried to expect the best from Madeleine´s side...maybe Mamma Silvia had a serious discussion with Madeleine about tanning...or maybe brother-in-law-to-be Daniel gave her one of his trucker-caps to protect her from the sun ;)

Oh, yes the tie...a very conservative style...her style reminded me of a similar style, which Victoria wore on a little visit to a province in spring 2001. Unfortunately I couldn´t find a pic, otherwise I would have posted it.

But more than her tan or tie this time her hair "worried" me...it looks like straw....maybe or rather probaby the extensive dyeing has to be blamed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I´m surprised at the lack of photos. Maybe IBL will have some as the weekend goes on.

Lena said:
What is she holding in her arms?

Does anybody (Yennie?) know which grades Madeleine had, when she has left public school (compulsary school/grundskolan) in 1998? I ask because I´ve just read, that her grades weren´t sooo good (at least not comparable to her grades on the private school, where she has passed her final exams in 2001)

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,528714,00.htmlMaddes vilda festliv är över

NYHETER-06s09-madde-70.jpg

SLITEN SESSA Efter en sommar av partyn på Öland, S:t Tropez med mera börjar allvaret för prinsessan Madeleine och pojkvännen Jonas Bergström. Sommarlovet är slut och hon har återvänt till Stockholm där höstens studier väntar.
Foto: PER-OLOF SÄNNÅS

VANLIG DAG Prinsessan Madeleine och storebror Carl Philip strosar nerför Biblioteksgatan och shoppar i de exklusivaste butikerna.

LYXPARTY På bröllopsfest hos Tom Davidson och Lina Tham i Djursholm med efterföljande fest på villa Pauli.

GLAM & POP GLAM & POP Madeleine och vännerna på sista konserten med Gyllene Tider. Därefter inbjudna till vip-rummet.

The above article is from Aftonbladet.se.

Another thing. I read in the paper this morning an interview with a shoemaker that had gotten an order on a pair of handmade shoes from Madeleine. He said that he feet were size 37 (that's Swedish sizes, I'm sorry but I can't translate it) and that her feet were very nice. No flaws. So Madeleine has quite small feet. :)

That would be between a size 6 and a 6 1/2 in the US, and a 4 1/2 in the UK. That´s kind of small but that´s okay. My shoe size was not even listed in the chart I used! :)

Thank you for the article, Cissan.
So Madeleine went to St. Tropez to get rid of the Paparazzi at Solliden -> *loooolll*
And all this talking about shopping in this article...when I look at Madeleine´s top/blouse in the pic with Jonas it looks as if she went shopping in 2002 for the last time...at least then I´ve seen ppl wearing such blouses for the last time ;)
Her hair looks better/healthier in the pic with Carl Philip than at her offical duties lately.

More from Hälsingland...what was Madeleine doing in the fifth picture??

Attachments

• hä1.jpg
    hä1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,588
  • hä2.jpg
    hä2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,443
  • hä3.jpg
    hä3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,627
  • hä4.jpg
    hä4.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,482
  • hä5.jpg
    hä5.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,783
Lena said:
Does anybody (Yennie?) know which grades Madeleine had, when she has left public school (compulsary school/grundskolan) in 1998? I ask because I´ve just read, that her grades weren´t sooo good (at least not comparable to her grades on the private school, where she has passed her final exams in 2001)
Yes, Yennie knows :)
Madeleine moved to Enskilda Gymnasiet when she started 6th grade, in 1994. Before that she went to Smedslättskolan and Carlssons skola.
I dont know if she had straight A:s in 8 & 9th grade but I dont think she went from a C student to an A student over night.
So my guess is that she had good, or atleast average, grades in junior high.
But we can never know for sure, because the royal childrens grades are confidential (because they went to private schools)
Its only Victorias grades from her graduation (studenten 1996) that has been public. Dont know if that was accidential...

Princess Madeleine´s final grades at Enskilda-gymnasiet were published! I couldn´t find the article...but an other article, in which is mentioned that she had 14 times the best grade. http://www.expressen.se/expressen/jsp/polopoly.jsp?a=59597 And I remember that the other article also talked about one C in maths. So her grades were pretty much the same grades, which Victoria had.
To be honest I have asked, because I had a little "suspicion". Couldn´t it be that her grades became better in private school? I´m sure all of us had from time to time the experience at school, that some students were favoured. And wouldn´t you agree that there is a certain danger, that a teacher at a private school favours a prominent student even more. I mean this school was very expensive and has the reputation to be very good and to "push" their students to the best. So wouldn´t you (as teacher) feel led into temptation to give this student a better grade...of course not an A instead of a D...but in some cases one grade better. And when then the grades become public (which is high likely) you seem to be a great teacher and the headmaster of this business "school" could market this school even more as "elite academy".
But that´s only skeptical Lena, who´s saying this...and I´ve to say that the source, from where I´ve heard, that Madeleine hadn´t the best grades in middle school, isn´t the best...further Madeleine has now at her PUBLIC university good grades too.

Private school

Perhaps Princess Madeleine had private tuition on a one-to-one basis after school as well as attending private school? I remember Crown Princess Victoria saying a couple of year’s back that she had private tuition to help her because of her dyslexia.

Yes, that´s a possibility, Gita...maybe she had a few private tutorials, and became better through that.
Is Madeleine dyslectic too? I´ve read contradictory articles on that.

I have know idea if Princess Madeleine has dyslexia. I have also read that she has it and other articles saying it is only Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip who has dyslexia, besides their father the King.

I suspect that Princess Madeleine had extra private lessons after school.

The royalcourt has published a press release on it´s site...they correct an Aftonbladet-article, which says (it´s posted here in this thread) that (when Madeleine was at the Riviera) her friends stood on the table and splashed champagne on each other...and that they had to pay a bill about 40.000 SEK. The court says this isn´t true.

Oh my...IMO this is again a disaster, which reflects the bad information policy of the swedish Royal court. Yes, ETW is here cult...but I would say she´s as much cult as incompetent!
Firstly they attach value to this Aftonbladet-article, which it´s not worth (has anybody here noticed the part with the 40.000 SEK?!)

Secondly Aftonbladet is probably now preparing an revenge-article ("A close source to the RF has told us, that the king wants to ban Daniel Westling onto the island Elba" ;) )

Thirdly Madeleine´s friends aren´t the business of the swedish Royal court.

Fourthly to give out/publish such press releases is not common and embarrassing. It destroys the magic of Royal houses...and the people, who have read the superficial articles in the tabloids with pleasure or with disgust for the extravagance of Royals, don´t pay attention to such releases.

Shame on you, ETW

http://www.royalcourt.se/5.6397ebfe0f667a957fff741.html

According to expressen.se, Jonas tried to hit the paprazzi waiting for him and Madde after their dinner yesterday.

I dont get this:
"Under hösten fortsätter Prinsessan sina studier vid Stockholms universitet, nu med etnologi."
What has that got to do with it? Do they mean that just because she´s a student she cant act silly with her friends when she´s on summer holiday?!

Here I agree with you Yennie. It was even the main-line of the Aftonbladet-article, that Madeleine would now go on with her studies and would study ethnology this fall. So no need to emphasize it in the press release (make it even more cheaper)
Poor Madeleine...she´s like a hamster in/on a treadmill. Desperately she wants us to believe that she´s a good girl...diligent and professional. But the people around here (the press, the spokes(wo)men at the Royal court and even her boyfriend Jonas) do all to damage her (image)

The article says, that the princesses feel sad and under pressure, because of the hard observation through the press and photographers. Spokeswoman Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg said, that in the past half year also the press in Sweden became more disrespectful...of course Expressen doesn´t mention itself as "chief cause" for that ;) ...on the other hand...would we at TRF admit, that we´re the greedy consumers of these pics?! ;)

madeleine lives normal?

i read in a newspaper madeleine lives in a normal flat in stockholm? is it right? cant belive it, that a famous royal member lives a normal life. and its not too dangerous for her? in which part of stockholm is she living? is it a rich part?

From Aftonbladet today:

NYHETER-24s00-HOVSTALL-54_368.jpg

Another picture

Madeleine will move

Princess Madeleine is closely guarded by SÄPO (Swedish Security Police). Now she’s forced to change the place of living, and is moving to a safer apartment at the Royal Mews.
- Madeleine has been all to exposed in the former apartment, one source says.

The last year, Princess Madeleine has lived with her boyfriend Jonas Bergström in an apartment at Gärdet in Stockholm.

Living under threats
Since one year, Madeleine lives under threats and is closely guarded by guards. Madeleine and Jonas have emptied their apartment on Brantingsgatan themselves. Some of the things has been taken to Jonas’s parents in Djursholm. The Princess’s new apartment will be an exclusive apartment in the Royal Mews, behind The Royal Dramatic Theatre, and close to the posh places at Stureplan in Stockholm City.

Neighbour with cousin
- When the Princess’s living arrangements has been discussed, the Royal Mews has been one of the options, says Ann-Christina Jernberg, temporary Director of the Information and Press Department.

Madeleine will become neighbours with her cousin Gustaf Magnusson, son of Princess Christina, and Queen Silvia’s nephew Patrick Sommerlath. Also former Commander-in-Chief Bengt Gustafsson lives in the building. The new apartment will be top-renovated before she moves in at the end of October.
- She’s enormously interested in interior decorating, and looks forward to decorating the apartment, says one friend.

Until all is set, the youngest Princess will live at home with her family.

Looked at the apartment
An advanced security system and attack alarm will also be installed in Madeleine’s home. On 28 August, Madeleine and Jonas looked at the apartment together with SÄPO. This Tuesday, Jonas Bergström moved into his own apartment close to Tessinparken in Östermalm.
- Officially, they cannot yet live together, but they will mostly be at Madeleine’s, says one of the couples friends.

wow, thats not a bad place to live... not at all :)
Now she will have all her favourite restaurants and shops just around the corner...

She used to live in a very normal apartment in central Stockholm. It was her boyfriend Jonas Bergström who lived there first...

But now she will move to an apartment in a house belonging to the royal stables.
Her cousin already lives there aswell as some members of the royal court.
This location is said to be more safe then her previous home.

Here´s a pic:
NYHETER-24s00-HOVSTALL-54_368.jpg

- Officially, they cannot yet live together, but they will mostly be at Madeleine’s, says one of the couples friends.
I wonder if the Royal court thinks, that the ppl are stupid, or/and if Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg sits in her chamber and laughs about the stupid things she has to announce. Does it make a difference, if Madeleine and Jonas are all nights together in a flat, or if they are all nights together in a flat officially? In times of modern media we know it anyway!

Hmm, is it just me or does Madeleine´s new flat (in hovstallet) look a lot like a prison (?)...and then this new pictures of Madeleine and Jonas...only the GUCCI-glasses let me assume, that those two in the picture aren´t day release prisoners *whistle* ;)

Thank you for the translation, GrandDuchess!

Yes it looks somehow like a famous Prison in Berlin. Just the Stacheldraht is missing ;) But maybe this will be the advanced security :)

mixer2002de said:
But maybe this will be the advanced security :)
to protect the court from new scandals, caused through Madeleine? ;)

More...the caption: Princess Madeline of Sweden opens "The Golden Treseures-Romania through 7000 Years" exhibition at the Mediterranean Museum in Stockholm.

Attachments

• len10.jpg
    len10.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,500
  • len9.jpg
    len9.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,409
  • len8.jpg
    len8.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,478
  • len7.jpg
    len7.jpg