The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 07:02 AM

I would say Madeleine is a Swedish size 38, which would translate into US 8, UK 10.

I occasionaly see her here in Stockholm, and she's definetely not bigger than that.

Old 05-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Commoner

you mean 38 german size 8 usa its mean 12 uk ....
i dont think that small i think no less than 40 german and swedish its mean 10 usa 14 uk .... :flower: :flower:

Old 05-15-2004, 11:07 PM

NO!!! A US size 8 would be a uk size 10.

Women's Clothing Sizes

UK size 10 12 14 16 18 20
US size 8 10 12 14 16 18
Euro 38 40 42 44 46 48

I really think she's a European size 38-40. That's quite big actually, she surely doesn't look larger than that.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Majesty

aftonbladet (Swedish newspaper) wrote about the press/media at the wedding thought that her cousin Gistav Magnusson was her fiancé.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I´ve read that too...but where´s the problem? Royals are used to it to marry cousins :P
No, it was indeed not very "good work" of the journalists to assume that Gustav is her boyfriend. Firstly he surely was on the guest list. Secondly Madeleine would never take a boyfriend with her to an official wedding abroad!
Old 05-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Royal Highness

Talking about Madde and her horse .....
Did she have her own horse at one time?
- or was it horse assigned to her (i doubt it) ?

What does the horse in Madde's absence?
- eat up a lot of hay and money
- or is enjoying the green grass beyond the lime-light of her owner ?
Old 05-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@May 24th, 2004 - 10:36 pm
Talking about Madde and her horse .....
Did she have her own horse at one time?
- or was it horse assigned to her (i doubt it) ?

What does the horse in Madde's absence?
- eat up a lot of hay and money
- or is enjoying the green grass beyond the lime-light of her owner ?
I think Pappa kungen has stopped to finance the expensive hobby of his daughter, after he has seen, that it just was a "spleen"/qirk or a typical teenager-phase. So I guess when she´s still riding she "borrows" a horse in the riding stable (the Royal one or another one)
Old 05-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Madeleine owns (I believe she still owns them) two horses: Pontiac and Chrizz which are placed at The Royal Mews (the Royal Stable) and has their own caretaker assigned to them.

When she was still an active rider, she used to compete a bit for a riding club together with two of her best friends. She loved being in the stables, she found horse people easy to deal with and they treated her normally.

But after the press found out of her competing in secret, she found it very hard to concentrate and quit that and only rode near The Royal Mews (so she could be left alone). Then when she was completing her last year of high school (gymnasiet) she almost gave up riding. I haven't heard anything about the horses being sold, so I think they're still hers.

Fun fact: In 2001 one of Sweden's best riders in jumping, Lisen Bratt-Fredricson, rode Princess Madeleine's horse Pontiac at Falsterbo Horse Show's competition Falsterbo Hunting. Madeleine herself was present during most parts of the Falsterbo Horse Show week that year, and has been other years too.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
GrandDuchess  Posted: May 24th, 2004 - 8:25 pm

Princess Madeleine owns (I believe she still owns them) two horses: Pontiac and Chrizz which are placed at The Royal Mews (the Royal Stable) and has their own caretaker assigned to them.

When she was still an active rider, she used to compete a bit for a riding club together with two of her best friends. She loved being in the stables, she found horse people easy to deal with and they treated her normally.
Thanks for the info, GrandDuchess.

Quote:
But after the press found out of her competing in secret, she found it very hard to concentrate and quit that and only rode near The Royal Mews (so she could be left alone).
Too bad its not good form to shoot the press.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:01 AM
Majesty

so she has sold her two horses now?
Old 05-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Josefine@May 25th, 2004 - 1:01 pm
so she has sold her two horses now?
Hm, I could imagine...maybe the horses are under lease.

Another article:
Sjuka hästar fick kungligt besök

She talks about horse jumping-It takes so much time with horses and I haven´t the time really, that´s why I ´ve quit. Maybe I will start one time again
-I want to ride in summer
Together with the boyfriend?-Maybe

So Madeleine has no time yet-Aha pic1
pic2
Old 05-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Majesty

i took a look at the expressen article and it says that she have sold her horses you sometimes borrow a horse from the royal stable
Old 05-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Josefine@May 25th, 2004 - 2:10 pm
i took a look at the expressen article and it says that she have sold her horses you sometimes borrow a horse from the royal stable
Yes true...I´ve read over this part.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Too bad that she’s sold her two horses – I wonder why there hasn’t been any info on this before in the press. Pontiac should be like 16 now I think, so he’s an old and wise horse – but who knows, maybe he’s still competing sometimes…

I hope that Princess Madeleine will find the time to take up riding in the future, maybe when she’s finished with her studies, and wants to settle in and start a family? That would be nice to see; otherwise it’s easy to never take up riding again if you’re not determined too.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine leaving Master Training

an article from Aftonbladet, about Madeleine working out at Daniels gym. She working hard because of the upcomming "bikini days"
The summer means less clothes and more photographers says a friend of Madeleine. Thats why she´s been working out alot lately.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for posting Yennie :flower: But this article produces a real bad conscience in me But so far I couldn´t find a gym with computer screens on/at all machines, so that I could surf there to LTR too

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@Jun 1st, 2004 - 9:24 am

Kungabarnens träningspass är alltid inplanerade när lokalen är stängd för de andra medlemmarna.
The training sessions of the Royal children are always planned when the gym is closed for the other members.

Why that?!
Old 06-01-2004, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
But this article produces a real bad conscience in me
I know Lena, I KNOW mabe we should invent one?! :flower: :flower:

I think the reason why the gym is closed when they´re training is simply that they dont want other people to look.
Understandable, imagine Lena, Dennis or myself bumping into Madeleine on her workout, we would freak out wouldn´t we :P
Old 06-01-2004, 06:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@Jun 1st, 2004 - 10:24 am
Quote:
But this article produces a real bad conscience in me
I know Lena, I KNOW mabe we should invent one?! :flower: :flower:

I think the reason why the gym is closed when they´re training is simply that they dont want other people to look.
Understandable, imagine Lena, Dennis or myself bumping into Madeleine on her workout, we would freak out wouldn´t we :P
Yes, let´s become gym owners! In times where gym owners can become princes this seems to be a good capital investment

Yes, you´re right. But I wonder if they´ve never trained together with other people. When I went to gyms (in the PAST ) I´ve really enjoyed the community there. Madeleine can only train with the trainer (Daniel?) and her "twin" Lussan
Old 06-01-2004, 07:17 AM
Majesty

could it be that they are worried that people will sneak in cameras and sell the pictures later on....
Old 06-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Josefine@Jun 1st, 2004 - 11:17 am
could it be that they are worried that people will sneak in cameras and sell the pictures later on....
Yes, true this could happen. Though I don´t think, that this happend before. The pictures of princess Diana or Anna Nicole Smith etc. in the gym were all made of professional Paparazzos.
But I´m sure there would be a "market" for these pictures

Closed Thread