Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 2: October 2003 - August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lena  Posted: Jun 17th, 2004 - 6:53 pm

I´m deeply D-E-E-P-L-Y shocked ...princess Madeleine IS NOT on the"Sveriges sexigaste 2004"-list (Sweden´s 69 sexiest women-list)!!!
In 2003 she still was on the fifth place and in 2002 even on the second! And now even Christina Stenbeck is on the list, but not "thief of the show" Madeleine *shakinghead*
I wonder what the reason could be?! Jonas, the super-tan, the lack of Bikini-pics in summer 2003 and spring 2004???
I think I have to write an email to Daniel Nyhlen, so that he will pick up this topic
maybe they - "www.cafe.hachette.se/cc-cafekvinnor/69_sexigaste/index.shtml"- are in agreement with us ... they detest her paint-on tan ?

... now if its Jonas ... that is a topic that I think I will not touch upon further.

... lack of bikini pics - maybe its her unmature pout ?

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 17th, 2004 - 7:53 pm
I´m deeply D-E-E-P-L-Y shocked :eek: ...princess Madeleine IS NOT on the"Sveriges sexigaste 2004"-list  (Sweden´s 69 sexiest women-list)!!!
In 2003 she still was on the fifth place and in 2002 even on the second! And now even Christina Stenbeck is on the list, but not "thief of the show" Madeleine *shakinghead*
I wonder what the reason could be?! Jonas, the super-tan, the lack of Bikini-pics in summer 2003 and spring 2004???
I think I have to write an email to Daniel Nyhlen, so that he will pick up this topic :p
Ms. Stenback was 14th in the 2003 list too. Glad to see that they have some taste in this list. A lot of women I would not find terribly attractive on this list. But others are quite lovely. And yet, where is the most beautiful woman in Sweden on the list? :innocent: Glad to see some football players on the list and I reckon that Josefine Öqvist will be on the list next year. :innocent:

"I wonder what the reason could be?! Jonas, the super-tan, the lack of Bikini-pics in summer 2003 and spring 2004???"

This appears to be the reasoning on why certain women are in the top 20 who I would not have had in my top 20.

Daddy-king has bought for his Madeleine a new Toyota Lexus-the same, which Daniel Westling owns. He bought it at the same trader as well...and this trader charged him (and Daniel as well ;) ) a good price
" - Man ska inte underskatta Daniels roll. Han har mer att säga till om än vad man kan tro, säger en källa."- One shouldn´t underestimate Daniel´s role. He has more to say, as one could believe, says a source (-> Daniel "Rasputin" Westling ;) )

Lillsessan and her new Toyota

Daniel Westling and his Toyota

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 3:58 am
Daddy-king has bought for his Madeleine a new Toyota
"Now Len, I give you this car. Maintain it and drive carefully. And try not to drive on pedestrian-only streets, please." :innocent:

Here we go again. Another case of a website posting a photo of Madeleine. This time from the 2002 Nobel Ceremony. And this time they made up a caption too which says. ""Så söta ack så kåta" (Shakes head) which in other words means "So sweet or pretty or lovely and O so horny."

Kungen fick nog - stoppar bröstbilderna

The photo

Everyone please remember to watch your conversation. This forum is for discussing royals, but let's not get graphic. This thread will have to be closed if this gets out of hand. Thank you.

I´ve just heard this on the the news...and to be honest I think it´s a bit exaggerated...Madeleine wanted to provoke 2002 with her nobel-dress (if she didn´t know how people would react, then she´s not the smartest) and it´s clear that some people, mainly male, had such thoughts...
Ironically is, that now Aftonbladet shows the picture as well...and the mass of the people, who look now at the picture and who think "..." is now enourmously higher/bigger. And that the tabloids would talk about this was clear!

Yes, she wanted to provoke a reaction. Ironic a little bit then.

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 24th, 2004 - 10:56 am
I´ve just heard this on the the news...and to be honest I think it´s a bit exaggerated...Madeleine wanted to provoke 2002 with her nobel-dress (if she didn´t know how people would react, then she´s not the smartest) and it´s clear that some people, mainly male, had such thoughts...
Ironically is, that now Aftonbladet shows the picture as well...and the mass of the people, who look now at the picture and who think "..." is now enourmously higher/bigger. And that the tabloids would talk about this was clear!
Provoke a bunch of old men?

Well that is a lovely dress and cause a certain part shows more isn't her fault, she told me that ;)

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 24th, 2004 - 3:15 am
Here we go again. Another case of a website posting a photo of Madeleine. This time from the 2002 Nobel Ceremony. And this time they made up a caption too which says. ""Så söta ack så kåta" (Shakes head) which in other words means "So sweet or pretty or lovely and O so horny."

The photo
From the photo posted here and from the other photos I've seen of this event, can you really fault the headline? I think in a way Madeleine brought it upon herself.

While the website is trying to attract attention to its site for certain, Madeleine is the one who ultimately chose to wear such a revealing dress and of all occasions, to the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony at that. It was not some private event like the wedding or a birthday party of friends which would've been private (even if some paprazzi photographers ended up taking pictures of her). No, it was the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony, an event that is broadcast the world over and is covered by the international media and recognizes phenomenal achievement by fellow human beings.

I think that there is a much better manner of dressing in which Madeleine can still be stylish and look her age without being too provacative. (For those who suggest that she wanted to provoke this kind of response and receive this kind of attention: She would have shown tremendously bad judgement in picking this event to provoke. And provoke what exactly? What is to be gained by Madeleine if a bunch of men slobber and drool over her image in the next morning's paper over their coffee of her leaning over in her chair so that nearly everything hangs out?) Madeleine needn't cover herself up head to toe but is it really necessary to have this much of herself exposed and bared to all of the world?

http://tinypic.com/9xth when leaning forward (like Madeleine is doing in the photo) almost every dress is too revealing. Unless you wants to wear a "polotröja" (dont know the word in english, but like a full sweater) things like that can happend.
I think its so wrong that girls who wear revealing clothes is blamed for that some horny men can´t control themselfs. This is the 21st century and all girls should be allowed to wear anything they want without having someone comment on it and saying that one is a "bad" or "horny" girl".

This is more general speaking... ´cause as we all know Madeleine isn´t the first girl to be blamed for this :(
But I agree with you, Genevieve, alittle that the Nobel day isn´t the "best" occasion to wear something like that. But you know what I mean :p

Originally posted by Yennie@Jun 25th, 2004 - 3:46 pm
when leaning forward (like Madeleine is doing in the photo) almost every dress is too revealing. Unless you wants to wear a "polotröja" (dont know the word in english, but like a full sweater) things like that can happend.
I think its so wrong that girls who wear revealing clothes is blamed for that some horny men can´t control themselfs. This is the 21st century and all girls should be allowed to wear anything they want without having someone comment on it and saying that one is a "bad" or "horny" girl".

This is more general speaking... ´cause as we all know Madeleine isn´t the first girl to be blamed for this  :(
But I agree with you, Genevieve, alittle that the Nobel day isn´t the "best" occasion to wear something like that. But you know what I mean  :p
Of course in many of the pictures at the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony when Madeleine was sitting up right or walking or standing the dress looked perfectly fine. Not exactly demure even then, but a lot less revealing then when she was leaning over. I am not sure what a "polotröja" is exactly, but as someone who has worn strapless dresses and criss-crossing dresses before, I know that I have never revealed as much of myself as Madeleine does here simply because I wore the right undergarments. Think about all the brides who wear strapless dresses: Many of them do not "fall out" of their dresses. (Of course some do, still! ;)) Also, as I suspect that Madeline did not exactly go into an F&H store and purchase this dress off the rack and that it was designed or at least bought and fitted for her specifically, the tailor or designer could've made it s that the dress hugged Madeleine's body more and such exposure did not occur.

While I totally agree that women should be able to wear whatever they want without being labelled certain things and are certainly not responsible for how others feel about what they are wearing, really, Madeleine should've known better. Or at least someone should've told her that something that covered her up a bit more was a more appropriate choice for this particular occasion and dressed more appropriately. For reasons such as this there are often dress codes in schools. In my high school tank tops were not permitted and if you chose to wear shorts,t hey had to be as long as the tips of your fingertips. Any shorter shorts and you were sent home for violating the dress code because your clothing choices were deemed "distracting." I don't think that many people, men and women, would disagree with me that in the first picture where Madeleine is leaning over, that she is "distracting" in that picture.

I think in general a girl should wear what she wants without having to think about the male (and even female) population's vulgar comments. But since that is just not possible Madeleine might want to be a bit more careful not being stored in a certain "drawer". Besides, she is not falling out of her dress!

What I really didn't like was the pressure the Royal Court put on the publishers because of the picture. If they don't want to see pics like that they should have directed their complaint directly at the source of the trouble -Madeleine. :wacko:
They could have objected against the "horny" in the headline, though. Or did they do that? I can't recall the details.

Madeleine look beautiful in anything she wears.. she dressed herself up and she feels good how she looks otherwise she won't wear it.

Originally posted by Yennie@Jun 25th, 2004 - 3:46 pm

when leaning forward (like Madeleine is doing in the photo) almost every dress is too revealing. Unless you wants to wear a "polotröja" (dont know the word in english, but like a full sweater)
A turtleneck sweater is the item in English.

Lena  Posted: Jun 24th, 2004 - 8:56 am

Madeleine wanted to provoke 2002 with her nobel-dress (....then she´s not the smartest) and it´s clear that some people, mainly male, had such thoughts...
It goes to confirm, that amount of breast/cleavage exposed is inversely proportional to amount of brain. :)

Originally posted by winter@Jun 25th, 2004 - 10:10 pm
What I really didn't like was the pressure the Royal Court put on the publishers because of the picture. If they don't want to see pics like that they should have directed their complaint directly at the source of the trouble -Madeleine. :wacko:
I think this is ultimately the heart of the issue. The Royal Court ultimately took an issue about Madeleine's appropriateness at this event not to her as they should have, but instead tried to limit the rights of the publishers to freedom of speech. It's not as if the publishers put Madeleine's head on another woman's body who was in this slightly comprimising (for lack of a better word) position; this is Madeleine's body, this is an outfit she wore to an event, and this is a position (leaning forward) that she found herself in when a photographer happened to take her picture.

This reflects badly on the Royal Court that they tried to stifle the publisher's and the media's right to freedom of speech when they didn't do anything wrong, slanderous or libelous. The problem here was Madeleine's dress, or lack of it as is the case, and the issue should've been taken up with her or her dresser.

I agree here with all ;) Yennie is of course right, when she´s saying that a woman should always wear, what she wants...but there´s a little hitch (or even 2). When we, women, wear "revealing" clothes, then there are mainly 2 reasons...it´s very hot outside, or we want to attract men. And men get of course attracted...it´s part of their nature (well, should´t generalise here...but a huge majority simply does) to be attracted by certain roundings. And IMO this published picture and the caption is a real marginal case...to PUBLISH this wasn´t right, because it added fuel to the fire...men, who didn´t care before probably did then...but as I´ve said before through the legal intervention and Aftonbladet´s publication many more do!

And talking about Madeleine...as the 10th of december naturally isn´t a hot/warm day in Sweden IMO to wear this red dress was simply the wish for attention. She wanted to read the next day, that she was the best looking (strangely people often equate nudity with beauty...for example...you surely know these polls on the net, where people publish a photo of them and others judge...there you´ve far higher chances, when you wear lingerie...this is proven). So she shouldn´t be surprised that some people reacted this way...at least it shouldn´t be forbidden to show the photo! the caption, yes...this is ok, but now the picture is away and not the caption!
homepage

BTW what we should consider as well...Madeleine has changed a lot in the last year...IMO the red dress was part of her rebellious phase...so it´s not fair to judge her always with a look back ( so I´m fair to you Madeleine and now you should be fair too, and avoid to drive on pedestrian ways and guys like Eric in the future...EDIT: and maybe the tanning beds ;) )

was this recent comment of Len about 2002, also an allusion, to a desire not to attend at any more Nobel events ?

To be fair to Madeleine she has avoided the tanning beds this year unlike last year, good on you girl!

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 26th, 2004 - 1:10 am
When we, women, wear "revealing" clothes, then there are mainly 2 reasons...it´s very hot outside, or we want to attract men. And men get of course attracted...it´s part of their nature (well, should´t generalise here...but a huge majority simply does) to be attracted by certain roundings.
She wanted to attract a bunch of old men? Most of them older than her daddy?
I think that would be strange!
AFAIK there are nearly no younger men at the nobel banquet!

What a good point! There were very few young men Madeleine's age from what I have seen of the Nobel Prize Ceremony. That someone of Madeleine's age would want to attract their attention is odd, or at least not very common. There are May/December relationships but this would be more like a March/December relationship ...

Yes, but the pictures are everywhere published...believe it or not Mixer, this wasn´t the nobel banquet 1901, when pictures were rare! :p
And to correct you...there are of course young men as well...relatives of the winners, journalists, waiters

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 26th, 2004 - 1:12 pm
And to correct you...there are of course young men as well...relatives of the winners, journalists, waiters
Relatives of the winners at around 40 as the common nobel prize winner is at least 70.
journalists: It would be a better idea to invite him for a private interview into the palace :innocent:
waiters: book him for a private party! :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO:

Gaining attention by the press was the main aspect. I think!

Originally posted by mixer2002de@Jun 26th, 2004 - 7:17 pm

Gaining attention by the press was the main aspect. I think!
Yes, little Mixer and for whom does the press work...do they hang up the made pictures in their flats, and talk about it there? Could it maybe be, that they work for the people...and that almost everybody in Sweden can read/reads Expressobladet...no this is too absurd! Nobody can be attracted by press-shot pictures in newpapers/magazines...and they didn´t create the myth of the sexy party-princess, who is/was widley admired at the Stureplan...this would have been just too ridiculous :p

Yes, little Mixer and for whom does the press work...do they hang up the made pictures in their flats, and talk about it there? Could it maybe be, that they work for the people...and that almost everybody in Sweden can read/reads Expressobladet...no this is too absurd! Nobody can be attracted by press-shot pictures in newpapers/magazines...and they didn´t create the myth of the sexy party-princess, who is/was widley admired at the Stureplan...this would have been just too ridiculous :p
Maybe Lena attracts her boyfriends through headlines in the newspapers :ROFLMAO:
I have never thought about anything like that!

I mean she wanted the headline and frontpage of the next day edition!

No more, no less!

Short summary:
Victoria and Madeleine went to a shop to buy something for the dog, which the guy, who tells the story, hadn´t in his shop (in the shop he worked). Then Madeleine looked about the ski goggles/glasses...and couldn´t decide between 2 models...so she asked the guy, if she could take all 2 home, and then to bring back one model the next day, and to pay for the other.
And then the guy said to her: I know who you are, I know, where you live...just for the case you want to rip me off". After that Madeleine gave him a suspicious/murky look back...and bought all 2 glasses ;)

Lena  Posted: Jun 30th, 2004 - 3:05 am

Then Madeleine looked about the ski goggles/glasses...and couldn´t decide between 2 models...so she asked the guy, if she could take all 2 home, and then to bring back one model the next day, and to pay for the other.

And then the guy said to her: I know who you are, I know, where you live...just for the case you want to rip me off". After that Madeleine gave him a suspicious/murky look back...and bought all 2 glasses
I mean ... this girl Len wants it both ways --- what a spoiled girl !!!! She wants the luxury of choosing at her leisure and the anonymoity.

i back the shopkeeper ... ski goggles (btw .. its June for crying out loud ..... suntanning weather, not white stuff time) are small items that can be lifted .. er, stolen easily.

That girl .... has to get her head screwed on properly.

Alas .... it seems its only me who's noticed over the last few years that she does have a pouty and at times (now confirmed) spoiled side to her. I'd think twice before I'd marry her ! Poor Jonas - - hope he's got the gumption to "call her on her s_it" !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom