The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The "court" talks a lot about suing. It would be better, princess Madeleine would change to law (again)

Old 11-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Bad taste. Yes, perhaps Madeleine herself could take future cases.

Old 11-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lena  Posted: Nov 19th, 2003 - 10:29 am
It would be better, princess Madeleine would change to law (again)
? Meaning .... there is some truth to the claim? WOW.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

No, I mean I don´t know, if she has taken ever drugs. But I don´t think so. I meant that she should stop her art studies and start law. She already did a law course in 2002 in an education center.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:20 AM
Majesty

Then she could represent herself and the family in court. The lawyer who represents him/herself in a case has a fool for a client. It would be very Woody Allen-esque like in Bananas:

"This trial is a travesty! It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham!
Old 11-19-2003, 11:29 AM
Courtier

Yes thats true during the spring of 2002 Madeleine took a part-time course in pre-law. Maybe she did not like law or perhaps she enjoyed it but thought the course would be too boring to study full-time for several years?

So does anybody know what Madeleine will do in the New Year? Will she stay at University and work towards a degree?
Old 11-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Has anyone an idea, why it´s always Madeleine, who get´s dissed/is fooled of people (the media)???
Old 11-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine said in an interview a couple of weeks ago that she hoped to get a degree in art. So my guess is that she will stay in school
Old 11-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Majesty

Wasn't it art design? I got that idea from the thoughts on decorating the apartment. Changing around the rooms and everything. Sort of like interior design as well.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

The correct name is "Konstvetenskap". I´m not sure what that would be in english...
konst = art vetenskap = science. So I think art science is correct. But I´m not sure. Anyone?
Old 11-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@Nov 19th, 2003 - 2:15 pm
The correct name is "Konstvetenskap". I´m not sure what that would be in english...
konst = art vetenskap = science. So I think art science is correct. But I´m not sure. Anyone?
I think that´s strange, that she goes on with that study, because I remember that she just wanted to make the basic course, and then go on with design.
And I would say art science is known in other countries too. And it´s different from art history, because you are doing less facts, but more interpretation of pictures (So I would say we at LTR are doing the same like Madeleine: picture interpretation )
Old 11-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Majesty

Sounds like art design to me. Not art history. Figuring out how art play its part in the world. Understanding shapes and other things.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yennie  Posted: Nov 19th, 2003 - 2:15 pm

Madde is in first year, right ?
I imagine the more specific translation would be "art knowledge". But the term that comes to mind, which is common to canadian universities is "general arts".
Old 11-19-2003, 10:31 PM
Majesty

I'd figured it would be design. Not architecture but with art per se. Can't explain it really. Not art history or paintings or any of that stuff.
Old 11-20-2003, 07:55 AM
Courtier

If you look on the Royal Courts Website you will see that it says she is studying "History of Art".

Here is the link: http://www.royalcourt.se/net/Royal+Court/T...ncess+Madeleine
Old 11-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe its call history of art. But to me that means "Konsthistoria" and that´s not the same thing as "Konstvetenskap"...?!

But o well, lets just say she´s into art :P
Old 12-19-2003, 03:17 AM
Majesty

www.aftonbladet.se
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	31772   Click image for larger version

Views:	124
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	31773   Click image for larger version

Views:	179
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	31774   Click image for larger version

Views:	117
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	31775  

Old 12-19-2003, 06:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do you know where this picture is from?
Old 12-21-2003, 04:03 PM
Majesty

Madde is the sexiest in Sweden. She won the poll according to our readers. Actually, from what I got, that is more like "She is furthest along in the vote". Strange wording. Anyway, "Victoria Silvstedt, Izabella Scorupco och allt vad dem heter kan slänga sig i väggen." has a very funny meaning if I'm reading it right.. Apparently, it was a tough competition. From what I got, it looks like they threw themselves into the wall. Or they can know how to throw themselves into the wall. Strange. Maybe not to the wall. Maybe they were close up to the very end.

"När det kommer till kritan"

When it comes to the chalk. Actually, it means "When it really counts" or "When you get down to it.

"När det kommer till kritan så råder det ingen tvekan om att landets snyggaste tjej heter Madeleine och är prinsessa av Sverige." When it came down to it, without at doubt, she who prevailed was the pretty and beautiful Madeleine, the princess of Sweden.

" Lillsessan ÄR kungahusets mest sprakande diamant, både storasyster Victoria och mamma Silvia får ursäkta."

The smallest or youngest of the royal family was more like a sparkling diamond than her older sister Victoria(not) and mother Silvia(not) who may apologize. Didn't get the last part.

"Det är i och för sig ingen hemlighet att vår yngsta prinsessa har ett utseende som attraherar."

Didn't get the first part. She is in it and it is not a secret that the princess is attractive in her appearance?

"Hon är redan utsedd till världens vackraste kvinna av den spanska vecko tidningen Hola! "

Finally, an easy one. She has already been nominated as one of the world's most arousing(probably more to drop dead gorgeous) women in the Spanish weekly magazine Hola!

Och frågar vi några tusentals tonårskillar runt om i landet så toppar Madeleine med all säkerhet listan över de mest åtråvärda tjejerna."

And if you asked any of the thousands of teenage guys in various countries, all would certainly list Madde tops over most desirable girls.

"Ett killmagasin gjorde nyligen en plansch, ett utvik, med en bikiniklädd Madeleine och enligt uppgift blev blaskan en riktig kioskvältare."

Something about her with her new apartment. It looks out on the street. And then Madde is bikini-clad(that was easy to translate) and according to sources...I'm not getting the rest. rag, real, overturned kiosk. Strange. the service I was using has "under role stayed blasphemy a right" so it's probably closer but it's still a nuisance.

" Madeleines popularitet blir extra tydlig när hon visar sig med kungafamiljen på utlandsresorna runt om i Europa."

The popularity of Madde is extra evident when she is on a trip abroad with the royal family somewhere around in Europe. (runt om? Isn't that redundant?)

"Fotograferna blir vilda och topplocken flyger så fort den yngsta prinsessan gör entré på röda mattorna."

Photographers have become fierce and topplocken(top lid) fly so fast that the young princess must make an entrance(entré&#33 on the red carpet.(same phrase. Wouldn't you know.)

"Men alla suktande unga singelmän kan sluta drömma om att lägga vantarna Madeleine."

But longing and dreaming of bachelors by Madde has stopped and put into place or glove. Put away.

"Sedan ett par år är hon nämligen redan reserverad - av pojkvännen Jonas Bergström."

For a year already she has named her boyfriend, Jonas Bergstrom. Something like that.

The gist of it all.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:28 PM
Gentry

THANX!!. I don't know where you're from but you Swedish is a lot better than mine :P . to be honest, I don't speak a word Swedish.

So if all you people can translate/give summary's of articles for me that woul be very nice :P .

Let this never happen again!
Closed Thread