The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 04:17 AM
Majesty

www.expressen.se

Madeleine passed the final exam for hunting

Nu har Madeleine kommit till skott

HALLE-HUNNEBERG. Prinsessan Madeleine har nyligen tagit körkort i jakt - jägarexamen.
- Det är nog både jag och pappa som har inspirerat henne. Hon har väl känt sig lite utanför, avslöjade Carl Philip i går under höstjakten.

Kungen och prins Carl Philip inledde i går sin höstjakt vid Halle-Hunneberg i Västergötland.
Ytterligare en familjemedlem kunde ha varit med - prinsessan Madeleine. Efter avslutat jaktpass avslöjade kungen och Carl Philip att hon nyligen har skaffat sig jägarexamen.
- Det skedde ganska nyligen, sa kungen och log.
Prins Carl Philip som stod vid sin pappas sida inne i det västgötska skogarna skruvade lite på sig och erkände:
- Jag och Madeleine har under en längre tid pratat om att hon kanske skulle ta licens och nu blev det av.

Debuten väntar
Prinsessan Madeleine har ännu inte gjort sin debut som jägare.
- Vi har faktiskt inte pratat om när det blir, men när det väl händer så blir det nog med mig och pappa, berättade Carl Philip.
I går på första jaktdagen i Halle-Hunneberg lyckades varken kungen eller Carl Philip fälla någon älg.
- Det gör inget. Att bara få komma ut i skogen och känna lugnet är helt fantastiskt. menade Carl Philip.
Kungen delade med sig av sina erfarenheter och som jägare med många år på nacken förklarade han varför han bär slips vid jakten.
- Det är varmt och skönt, ett litet tips bara.

Old 11-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

haha, so my statement with the "virility proving men" wasn´t very up to date and not very emancipated....I can´t imagine that princess Madeleine goes for a hunt (what will she wear? A Dior-designed hunting-suit?&#33. But I guess we will see.

Old 11-06-2003, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Haha, I thought the same! But maybe Gucci has a new "hunting- line" coming up :P

A couple of years ago the King said that it was only Carl Philip who was interested in hunt and that the princesses prefered horses....
But one can always change!
Old 11-06-2003, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope she will at least wear such a hat! Good to know, that I´m not alone with my prejudices towards a hunting Madeleine. I wouldn´t have been so surprised (but I didn´t know that it´s in Sweden common that women are hunting too. I mean, are there as much women as men, who are hunting?&#33, when they would have written that Victoria has made such a license, but Madeleine?!?!
Old 11-06-2003, 12:13 PM
Royal Highness

May be ... there are more 'manly' types that Madeleine wants to snare (check out) on the hunting grounds !?

Be interesting to see what flare she brings to the hunting fields .... a feather in her cap, would be a definite starter
Old 11-06-2003, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
but I didn´t know that it´s in Sweden common that women are hunting too. I mean, are there as much women as men, who are hunting
I don´t think so. Its almost a men only "sport". Atleast I haven´t seen many female hunters in Sweden
Old 11-07-2003, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

According to the calender on royalcourt.se it´s just princess Madeleine, who will go to the ball of the order of innocence. I wonder, why prince Carl-Philip and cp Victoria are members, when they (almost) never attend?! it would have been nice...all 3 siblings there
Old 11-07-2003, 09:06 AM
Majesty

So next week a gala dress and tiara for madeleine
Old 11-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder what she will be wearing...
it is her first time at the ball right?
Old 11-08-2003, 08:08 AM
Courtier

Yes Yennie, it is her first time at the ball.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:52 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Someone asked me yesterday if the Crown Princess had a sister. I said yes she does and they wondered where she was. The best answer I could give was that she was back home. Right? I should have said preparing for a ball. That would have impressed the 10 year old girl I was talking to.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

haha, yeah, I think she would have been very impressed =)
but I dont think Madeleine is preparing for the ball this weekend...
more like studying and socializing with friends :P
Old 11-09-2003, 12:48 PM
Majesty

Yes, probably. But I told her about the connection between the Princess Diaries and Victoria and that impressed her.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yennie  Posted: Nov 9th, 2003 - 10:31 am
is preparing for the ball this weekend...
Next weekend is which ball then ?
Old 11-09-2003, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

She will be at the ball of the order of innocence (an order "for" and "of" Sweden´s high society) Victoria and Carl Philip are already members (since 1997 and 1999)

Carl-Philip at the admission-ceremony of the order:

Victoria at the admission-ceremony:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	innocence1.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	25853   Click image for larger version

Name:	1997Innocens.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	25856  
Old 11-19-2003, 05:04 AM
PrincessPro

Princess Pro here.

I'm trying to track down some BIG BIG BIG fans of Princess Madeleine who live in Sweden and might be available to be filmed on MONDAY 24th NOV (that's next Monday) in Stockholm- talking about why she would make a wonderful queen (of England) in the unlikely event she's marry Prince William. (for a British TV show to be broadcast next year).

Anyone interested? I'd be especially interested to speak to any normal people (ie. not journalists) who have met her, even briefly. I've been through the fansites already and I am waiting for replies.

Please contact me through the website and give me your phone number and I'll call you back!
x
Old 11-19-2003, 05:47 AM
Majesty

can it be the same tv show we talked about at this thread.

Link Potential Brides For William
Old 11-19-2003, 06:12 AM
PrincessPro

yes it is! Good guessing
Old 11-19-2003, 08:45 AM
Majesty

Sounds cool. This is the second message board that I belong to that has been well-known for an event. In the other, a TV show's mb, the creator of the show complained about his show being cancelled and then the mb was mentioned in several articles from Hollywood and beyond.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:22 AM
Majesty

http://pub.tv2.no

Band labels Swedish princess as a coke head

The Swedish Princess Madeleine has been described as a cocaine sniffing party girl by the band Svensk pop.

On the new album from the music group Svensk pop, the 21-year-old Princess is described as a snobby party animal who rides in a limo from party to party, and where she every now and then get high on cocaine, according to the Norwegian paper VG.

The album is currently being launched on the Swedish market, and the band calls the song harmless.

“She symbolizes the upper class’ beautiful girls, and we are just pointing out that there are class differences,” said Nippe Svensk, singer in Svensk pop, to the paper. “This is funny and harmless.”

It is not a big surprise that the Swedish Royal Court has another view:

“This is terrible tasteless,” said Morgan Gerle at the Royal Court’s information to the paper. “The group has to be responsible for their texts.”

He said that the Swedish Court is considering taking the band to court.

Closed Thread