The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Majesty

pictures from http://alloverpress.dk

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	5525   Click image for larger version

Views:	113
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	5527   Click image for larger version

Views:	192
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	5528   Click image for larger version

Views:	461
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	5529  

Views:	3756
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	5530   Click image for larger version

Views:	3655
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	5532   Click image for larger version

Views:	217
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	5533   Click image for larger version

Views:	219
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	5535  

Views:	223
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	5536   Click image for larger version

Views:	216
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	5538   Click image for larger version

Views:	258
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	5539  

Old 05-07-2003, 12:01 PM
Royal Highness

Madeleine is very tan. I think she looks much prettier when she isn't so tan, actually.

She really does need to be careful...if you look at her forehead you can see she already has lines. :o

Old 05-07-2003, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally posted by audrey2731@May 6th, 2003 - 10:34 pm
i don't want to be mean, but look at her mother's face! i think she might have fallen asleep with her glasses on!

omg! you´re right! I didn´t notice that
Old 05-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Majesty

article and picture from www.aftonbladet.se

Now she shows her love openly.....
the article don´t say much more then that
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Jonas kind of resembles Madeline's father and brother! I hadn't really noticed that before. But I guess this is the best face-on photo that I have seen of him. The other photos have been side-views of his face.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Commoner

he's not that handsome..well, neither does her last bf
Old 05-16-2003, 04:38 PM

He doesn't have to be that handsome. The most important thing is that he loves her & treats her well.
(Of course that counts for her too.)
Old 05-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think he´s cute
Old 05-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Majesty

Polfoto 18-05-2003 Swedish crown princess Victoria and princess Madeleine poses outside Stockholm City Hall before a 90 year celebration for their old school Enskilda Gynasium in Stockholm.
www.polfoto.dk
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	n.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	897   Click image for larger version

Views:	185
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	898   Click image for larger version

Views:	179
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	899   Click image for larger version

Views:	205
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	900  

Views:	166
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	901   Click image for larger version

Views:	158
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	902  
Old 05-20-2003, 01:06 PM
Majesty

What i know, Madeleine will be with her family on her first state visit.
A state visit from Germany, Emil has started a thread about this visit..

www.ibl.se on her first state visit gala dinner

Polfoto 20-05-2003

polfoto
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	m.jpg
Views:	1133
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	6581   Click image for larger version

Name:	m.jpg
Views:	7201
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	6585  
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2003, 12:11 PM
Majesty

Hi Josefine,
She is a very beautiful young lady. I like the updos on Madeleine when she wears a tiara. Very elegant! :flower:
Old 05-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

i look pictures she wore necklace same as Princess Diana's necklace ? its different or not !

I think i look said Princess Madeline would choose Prince William for husband i dont think so he will become king after his grandmother the Queen 2 that makes sense britian rules ! if Prince William will married at age 25 like as his dad do that !

Sara Boyce
Old 05-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Since she's not a member of the British Royal Family, I think it's unlikely that she would own one of Diana, Princess of Wales' necklaces.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:00 AM
Majesty

article www.expressen.se

Madeleine has moved in with boyfriend

translation later....But Expressen visited her boyfriend at Östermalam and there was madeleine opening the door, she siad hi with a smile, she did not let them take photos couse her mam and dad would be very angry,
- you don´t want to see my dad angry...

Officially her boyfriend name is on the contract but Expressen says that she has basically moved in,
her address are still drottningholm castle
neighbors tell about a happy princess that always great them with a hello.

Expressen ask about if she will get engagement, she tells them maybe in the future, that would be nice, but for now she is to young.

I myself don't think she has moved, but stays with him a lot…
The paper just wants to sell a story therefor the headline…
What do you say?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you Josephine. Maybe she has her own toothbrush and some clothes there, but I guess she´s also much at Drottningholm. I wonder ,why she didn´t want to be photographed, but answered such personal questions ( Ok, maybe the mentioned slippers she wore are too ugly for the public :P ) ?
I also wonder when crown princess Victoria finally move to her boyfriend?! She is almost 26, they are a couple for over a year and she has the money to do!

There´s Madeleines and Jonas new home
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2003, 03:54 PM
Commoner

Nice house!

Do they have a flat there?
Old 06-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Nobility

I agree, its a very nice house!! :P

I was wondering, though, do you think the Swedish public cares that Madeleine is living with her boyfriend?

I'm just asking because I was thinking the other day if there were double standards in regards to men and women in royal life. I mean, in every article that I've read about future brides for the Princes William and Harry (for example) one of the qualifications is that the girl should preferably be a virgin, although in this day-and-age, exceptions can be made. Yet, here is royal princess living with her boyfriend. Likewise, Zara of Britain is always living with her jockey boyfriend. Have times just changed from when Diana married Charles (and she had to undergo a checkup to verify her virginity) or, are royal women allowed to do what they like, while women who marry into royality must follow a different standard?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:57 PM
Royal Highness

Do you all think she is really living w/ her boyfriend or is it just magazine gossip?

BTW, Madeleine looked very lovely on her first state visit.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Jalmey@Jun 2nd, 2003 - 5:36 pm
I was wondering, though, do you think the Swedish public cares that Madeleine is living with her boyfriend? ... I'm just asking because I was thinking the other day if there were double standards in regards to men and women in royal life. I mean, in every article that I've read about future brides for the Princes William and Harry (for example) one of the qualifications is that the girl should preferably be a virgin, although in this day-and-age, exceptions can be made. Yet, here is royal princess living with her boyfriend. Likewise, Zara of Britain is always living with her jockey boyfriend.
Interesting question Jalmey.

I think that the standards would be different for the girl whom William or Harry lives with rather than on the boys themselves. And the double standard is also that the attnetion here is being paid to Madeline living with this young man rather than the other way around as it surely would be with the young girl whom William or Harry chose to live with. I think that if William espescially chose to live with "Jane" there would be a lot of press about her suitability as a future queen and talk that she wasn't a "proper" lady even though it is 2003 and plenty of (non-royal) couples do it in this day and age.

Unfortunately for the young ladies whom William and Harry fall in love with, there will be lots of pressure on them to behave a certain dignified and proper way and living with either of the boys before marriage would be highly frowned upon.

And because Zara and Madeline (and eventually Beatrice and Eugenie) are born royal, the expectations and standards for them are different.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:21 AM
Majesty

www.hellomagazine.com

3 JUNE 2003
Princess Madeleine of Sweden has apparently decided it's time to step out on her own, leaving the plush surroundings of the royal palace for a flat in the centre of Stockholm.

But, according to reports, the 20-year-old royal isn't living solo – she's sharing the relatively modest 92-metre square home with her boyfriend, Jonas Bergstrom.

The plan to move in with her 24-year-old beau began when she began studying History of Art at university in January. "What young person doesn't want independence?," the princess is quoted as telling the Swedish press after it was revealed that she was living on her own. "Even though my parents don't think it’s a good idea."

The princess began dating law student Jonas in December of last year, just a few weeks after a split with ex-boyfriend Erik Grannath. However, though the two have sparked a romance, Madeleine has insisted the new living arrangement doesn't mean there will be wedding bells anytime soon.
Attached Images

Closed Thread