The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes it was today...I wonder if Victoria, Carl-Philip and Madeleine will also participate in the return-banquet?!

Do you think that Madeleine will attend the ball of the order of innocence this november?! And will Carl-Philip and Victoria attend too?
Victoria was there for the first time with 20 years (1997) and Carl Philip also with 20 years (1999). Carl Philip attended also in 2001 (it seems as if the ball would just take place all 2 years). The strange thing is, that Madeleine´s best friend Louise Gottlieb, who studied with her in London at that time, and is about the same age as Madeleine, attended in 2001 too!
But I can´t imagine that Madeleine won´t become a member and with her 21 years she is really "due" now.
And do you know which girls have to wear white in this order? In 1997 Victoria just wore a blue dress.
pic: Louise Gottlieb, Carl-Philip with Emma in 2001 at the ball
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lussan.jpeg
Views:	495
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	23082  

Old 10-22-2003, 08:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think I´ve read somewhere that Madeleine will attend the ball this year. It would be great if she did!
I think the reason why Madeleine wasn´t there in 2001 was that she didn´t wanted to be in the spotlight...
About the age thing.. I dont think you have to be at a certain age to go to the ball. When Victoria went she invited friends that are both both younger and older than her...
And the girls in white. It´s two girls that are chosen to be some kind of "leaders"
cant remember what they are called though... *checking*

Old 10-22-2003, 09:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lena  Posted: Oct 21st, 2003 - 7:28 pm

....  will attend the ball of the order of innocence this november
Is this a "big" thing ?

And I gather there are other balls of this nature, and are they also well attended ?

I recall some one asking before in this, Madde's section, if she has a flag.

I thought I had found it, and then I found it was missing. But there is a proposed flag, which is no-where near as historic looking as her brother's or sister's.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:26 PM
Commoner

What sort of trouble did Erik Granath get into, drugs or stealing cars or what thanks you!!

hej.. do you knowing what trouble erik got into thank thanks
Old 10-30-2003, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

drugs, fights, and something more...can´t remember. He was sentenced to community service
Old 10-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Commoner

HASNT HE STOLE A CAR?
Old 10-31-2003, 01:14 AM
Royal Highness

What about Erik Granath attracted Madde in the first place ?
Old 10-31-2003, 06:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Erik Granath stole a car? I didn´t know that... I´ve never heard anything about that...

I´m sure he is a nice person and that he has good sides that attracted Madeleine. But many of her friends didn´t like Erik and thought that he was bossy and unfriendly.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:38 AM
Courtier

I remember reading somewhere last November after she announced the break-up with Erik that she dated partially as a form of rebellion against her upbringing to show that she is in control of her own life. Does anybody know if this is true?
Old 10-31-2003, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Gita@Oct 31st, 2003 - 8:38 am
I remember reading somewhere last November after she announced the break-up with Erik that she dated partially as a form of rebellion against her upbringing to show that she is in control of her own life.  Does anybody know if this is true?
How should we answer that. Maybe Madeleine herself doesn´t know. I can´t imagine that she stood one day up, and decided that she will start a rebellion. Such things happen rather unconcsiously. But I wonder if their upbringing was really so conservative and controlling that the eldest daughter had to answer with anorexia to get autonomy and the youngest daughter with a criminal. But I guess that´s an unanswerable question too
Old 10-31-2003, 10:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lena  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 9:24 am

But I wonder if their upbringing was really so conservative and controlling that the eldest daughter had to answer with anorexia to get autonomy and the youngest daughter with a criminal.
I wonder how much in the way of personal discussions there are among royals (to compare notes and so on)... and to think that the RF of Sweden is the only one in Europe with mostly girls ?
Old 10-31-2003, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 31st, 2003 - 9:50 am
]

I wonder how much in the way of personal discussions there are among royals (to compare notes and so on)... and to think that the RF of Sweden is the only one in Europe with mostly girls ?
Honestly I´m not sure what you mean. Personal discussion between Royals of different houses. e.g Victoria and Mette-Marit talking about ...whatever?!
I´m not sure if the swedish RF is the only one with more girls. King Juan Carlos has also two daughters and just one son. But yes, males are prevailing in european Royal houses, but there are generally more male born in the world too.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lena  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 10:01 am
Quote:
(King Christian @ Oct 31st, 2003 - 9:50 am)
Honestly I´m not sure what you mean. Personal discussion between Royals of different houses. e.g Victoria and Mette-Marit talking about ...whatever?!
I´m not sure if the swedish RF is the only one with more girls. King Juan Carlos has also two daughters and just one son. But yes, males are prevailing in european Royal houses, but there are generally more male born in the world too.
I am sure that just like your parent's chatted to your uncles and aunts (and friends) about the woes of raising children and giving/receiving of ideas/tips .. the same can be said of the royal families, no?

Althought King Juan Carlos has the same set of children as King Carl Gustaf, at least in the Spanish world there is more of 'accepted' expectations of what/how young women should behave. But Sweden prides itself on freedom and liberty for all .... but did/does that apply to raising a brood of girls, one of who will (in contrast to Spain) the reigning monarch ?

Just a few thoughts ......

http://www.royalcourt.se/net/Kungl.+Hovsta...v/1067637218735

Ti 4/11

Utdelning av Torsten och Vanja
Söderbergs pris på Röhsska Museet
Göteborg

Princessan Madeleine
Old 10-31-2003, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 31st, 2003 - 6:29 pm

I am sure that just like your parent's chatted to your uncles and aunts (and friends) about the woes of raising children and giving/receiving of ideas/tips .. the same can be said of the royal families, no?

hehe, of course my mother talked to relatives/friends about upbringing...but I can´t remember that she practised one of their tips :P
To know how close the european Royals really are, is one of my favourite Royal-questions! They are always talking positively about each other, and they meet at Royal weddings...but I would like to know how often the meet privately and how often they call each other?!
I think the girl, who will be monarch is far more conservative than most of the other swedish girls in their mid-tweenties.
And "imp" Madeleine seems also matured since her break up with Eric Granath.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lena  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 6:59 pm

And "imp" Madeleine seems also matured since her break up with Eric Granath.
Because the affair
- knocked the 'rose-coloured glasses' off of her eyes ?
- knocked the stardust off of a couple of stars ?
- ........ ???????
Old 10-31-2003, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the only good thing about Eric Granath is, that he hasn´t (until now) spoken about their relationship to the press...so we will never know, why this affair ended (maybe she had just enough of all the quarrels with her parents...Yennie has once reported a story on a MB...her friend jobbed as guard in front of Drottningholm, and there he could listen to a quarrel between Madeleine and her parents...and then Madeleine drove away in her car, as if she would have stolen it.... )
Old 10-31-2003, 11:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lena  Posted: Oct 31st, 2003 - 7:29 pm

a quarrel between Madeleine and her parents...
Wonder which parent she is closer to ?
Old 10-31-2003, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess she´s closer to her father. A real daddy-girl.
Old 11-01-2003, 05:18 AM
Majesty

time to close this thread
but do not stop the news flow....

Closed Thread