The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Majesty

www.expressen.se

Sheis doing very well in School, top grades

Partyprinsessan har blivit pluggprinsessan

Lussan Gottlieb, mentor Lena Rameloch & Madeline.

www.expressen.se/
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2003, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Does anybody know how well her best friend Louise Gottlieb (nickname Lussan) is doing at University?

What is this about a design project Princess Madeleine has been offered? Is it a "proper" full time job or a type of temporary project for an employer?

Thanks, Gita. :flower:

Old 09-04-2003, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

In the third picture down of the shoes posted by Josefine, it looks like Madeline is wearing nude-coloured stockings with her black sandals. Or am I just seeing things? But if she is, shame on stylish Madeline!
Old 09-05-2003, 05:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it looks so, as if she´s wearing stockings. But this picture is about five years old. There Madeleine was a cute little chubby-faced girl, but not the Queen of style, she is today ;-)
Old 09-05-2003, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Party princess aced her exams

Princess Madeleine of Sweden, known for her partying, reveals new talents as she aces all her art history exams.
The Swedish paper Expressen reported the news.

The princess started as an art history major at University of Stockholm this winter. At the time she told the press that she feared the exams, but she apparently had no reason to do so. The Princess received the best possible grades in all subjects and is a perfect student.
Princess Madeleine was for a long time a frequent guest at Stockholm’s most trendy clubs, but she has now left the scene and she is focusing her studies.
“This is wonderful. There are really not a lot of students who receive such grades,” said Elise Dickson, student advisor at the university, to the paper.
Madeleine’s advisor is also impressed.
“She is extremely talented in this area, and it is therefore very exciting that she is succeeding with her studies,” said Lena Ramel to the paper, and she reveals that the princess is very ambitious.

Quitting the party scene

Madeleine graduated high school with very good grades, but after this she left for London and she became known to be quite a party princess. She was for a long time a frequent guest at Stockholm’s most trendy clubs, but she has now left the scene and she is focusing her studies
Old 09-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

@Yennie or anybody else (from sweden) who knows it
I know this a difficult question and not easy to answer. But I wonder how "difficult" are exams in art history (I guess that term in the article is wrong, isn´t she studying "art science")? I mean in my country it´s that way that there a big differences between for example "business studies", "medicine", "law" and easier studies like "social pedagogy" "sports"or "art" (my both cousins are studying art, and it doesn´t seem to be too exhausting for them. That shouldn´t be valuing.-All proffessions are important, but it´s obvious that you need for some study paths more input than for others. In Germany it´s also that way, that you can study some things like medicine just with an very good average at your final highschool-exams). I mean is "art science" in Sweden a study path where you really have to study a lot (with an average IQ) or is it more that way that you can make yourself a nice time during your studies and that you can easy pass your exams?
Old 09-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Sep 5th, 2003 - 9:44 am
@Yennie or anybody else (from sweden) who knows it
I know this a difficult question and not easy to answer. But I wonder how "difficult" are exams in art history (I guess that term in the article is wrong, isn´t she studying "art science")? I mean in my country it´s that way that there a big differences between for example "business studies", "medicine", "law" and easier studies like "social pedagogy" "sports"or "art" (my both cousins are studying art, and it doesn´t seem to be too exhausting for them. That shouldn´t be valuing.-All proffessions are important, but it´s obvious that you need for some study paths more input than for others. In Germany it´s also that way, that you can study some things like medicine just with an very good average at your final highschool-exams). I mean is "art science" in Sweden a study path where you really have to study a lot (with an average IQ) or is it more that way that you can make yourself a nice time during your studies and that you can easy pass your exams?
I was wondering exactly the same when reading the article!

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Sep 4th, 2003 - 6:16 pm
In the third picture down of the shoes posted by Josefine, it looks like Madeline is wearing nude-coloured stockings with her black sandals. Or am I just seeing things? But if she is, shame on stylish Madeline!
Oh my God! My mom does that too!
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 09-05-2003, 04:36 PM
Majesty

This is her course description, its in Swedish maybe someone can help and do a summery in English, I have no time at the moment….

here is a link

Quote:
Teaching and learning methods:
At the undergraduate level, all lectures, seminars and most of the literature are in Swedish.

The principal teaching methods are: lectures, colloquia, seminars and occasional study visits. However, the greater part of the courses consists of independent study.

Each course has a Director of Studies. Senior Lecturers and other teachers are also involved in these courses.

For information concerning names of teachers, schedules, curriculum and course literature, see the current lists, which are updated before the beginning of each semester.

Methods of assessment:
At the undergraduate level, examinations are normally written, oral or a combination of both. Sometimes attendance at seminars, lectures etc. is compulsory. Evaluation is conducted continuously during the semester, with examinations generally held at the end of each course unit. Students who are not successful in an examination are given the opportunity of a re-examination during or at the end of the semester.

In order to receive a grade for the entire course student must successfully complete each course unit.

Students intending to take a written examination should register at the Department office at least five days in advance. Registration for an oral examination should be made to the lecturer/professor personally or by telephone.

Three grades are given at the undergraduate level: Pass with Distinction (Väl godkänd /VG), Pass (Godkänd/G) and Fail (Underkänd/U).

For course units comprising of 3 ECTS credits or less, there are only two grades: Pass and Fail.

Students who have attained a passing grade in an examination cannot request re-examination in the same course unit in order to receive a higher grade.

ECTS students are free to write their papers and examinations in English, German or French, provided this has been agreed between the home and host institutions before departure. The use of dictionaries is generally not allowed during written examinations.

General description of programs at the department:
The Department offers both undergraduate studies and postgraduate studies.

Undergraduate studies:

The single subject undergraduate courses are given at four levels: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Specialized.The levels are further divided into three different fields of study. Each single subject course consists of several course units.

For further information concerning courses, see the course list in this database.

Regarding ECTS students:

The prerequisites for an ECTS student are at least one full academic year in Western Art History from Antiquity to Contemporaneity (lowest grade Pass). ECTS students are also expected to have a basic knowledge of Swedish and English before arrival.

ECTS students may choose course units from different courses and collect ECTS credits, provided that this has been approved by the ECTS Departmental co-ordinators of both the home and the host institutions.

Erasmus/Socrates students have the opportunity of studying a specially arranged programme lasting for one academic year. The programme consists of two parts (A + B  ) :

A. The History of Art and the Built Environment in the Nordic Countries, particularly Sweden (30 ECTS credits)

1. Course in the History of Swedish Built Environment, KV 1050, course units number 1,2 and 3 (15 ECTS credits).
2. Basic Course in the History of Art, KV 1040, course units number 2 (only the part concerning Scandinavian Art), 4, and 6 (15 ECTS credits).
The course units in course KV 1050 are given each autumn semester. The course units in course KV 1040 are given each autumn and spring semester.

B. Advanced Course KV 3040 (30 ECTS credits).

In September, the student is to choose a research area for the course paper in consultation with the ECTS Departmental co-ordinator. Following this, a member of the staff will be appointed as supervisor. The student should report at least once a month to the supervisor, but is also free to consult him/her when necessary. The greater part of the work on the paper should take place during the spring semester.

Postgraduate (doctoral) studies:

The doctoral programme leads to a Ph D. It is, however, possible to enrol for only a part of the programme, an intermediate stage, which leads to a Licentiate degree.

Admission is restricted and takes place once a year. The Erasmus/Socrates student, however, has the possibility of attending parts of the postgraduate programme without being formally admitted to the programme.

Necessary qualifications:
• A Bachelor´s degree or the equivalent from a university recognized by the Ministry of Education
• 80 Swedish credits in the History of Art including the Specialized Course, KV 5010 in the History of Art or the equivalent.

Recommended necessary qualifications:
A very good knowledge of Swedish, English, German and French. A basic knowledge of other languages may also be necessary depending on the subject of the dissertation.

The Doctoral Programme, 240 ECTS credits

Doctoral students are engaged both on research assignments and in theoretical studies in the form of seminars and/or courses. The research assignment should result in a dissertation, which will require the bulk of the student´s time.

The Ph D syllabus consists of the following:

Courses, 90 ECTS credits.
A. Theory, Methodology and Philosophy of the Human Sciences, 15 ECTS credits
B. Early and Modern Theory of Art, 15 ECTS credits. Approximately 2000 pages. Written or oral examination
C. History of Art including Nordic Art, 22.5 ECTS credits. Approximately 5000 pages. Oral examinations.
Specialized courses and excursions, 37.5 ECTS credits. The courses are examined mainly through active participation and papers.

Dissertation, 150 ECTS credits. An individual supervisor instructs the student in the thesis work. The thesis is published and publicly defended.

Seminars. The seminars deal with general subjects in the History of Art. The candidate is expected to present parts of his/her thesis work at seminars.

Opposition. Doctoral students are also expected to act as opponents, either for a student´s course paper on the Specialized Course or at a Licentiate dissertation.

The Licentiate Stage, 120 ECTS Credits

Students are engaged both on research assignments and in theoretical studies in the form of seminars and/or courses. The research assignment should result in a dissertation.

The Licentiate syllabus consists of following parts:

Courses in the doctoral degree programme: A, B, C and a specialized course, 60 ECTS credits.

Dissertation, 60 ECTS credits. An individual supervisor will instruct the student in the dissertation work. The dissertation is presented and defended at a seminar.

Seminars. Compulsory participation in at least 4 seminars each semester.

Opposition. Licentiate students are also expected to act as opponents either for a student´s course paper on the Advanced Course or the Specialized Course.

Both degrees have the following classified grades: Pass and Fail.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Nobility

Thanks, Josefine...

Now I have yet another questions.
How do Madeleine´s teacher call her?! I mean, they have to talk to her! Do they say Madeleine or Mrs Bernadotte or Princess?
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 09-05-2003, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Helen88@Sep 5th, 2003 - 3:13 pm

I was wondering exactly the same when reading the article!
@ Helen
Good to know, that somebody is thinking the same I felt myself a little bit "brazen" and "arrogant" with my question. If you are the Helen of Ritva´s board (and I´m quite sure you are) you have got mail of me.

@Josefine
Thanks a lot for the information!

Is it in Sweden also that way that you can read the marks of your study-exams on the internet (maybe encoded through a number instead of your name?)
Old 09-06-2003, 07:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Is it in Sweden also that way that you can read the marks of your study-exams on the internet (maybe encoded through a number instead of your name
yes thats true. If you have a password you can log in online to see your testresults.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

quick resume in English:

Madeleine and Jonas took an romantic walk in Stockholm yesterday.
"They really are the perfect couple", says a friend.
Last friday the couple visited the nightclub "Cafe Opera" in
Stockholm.
In the last weeks Madeleine and Jonas have been more open about
their relationship and have been seen in public several times, like
at Andrea Brodins wedding on the 9 th of August, at Cafe Opera and
yesterday in Stockholm.
"Madeleine is so happyt with Jonas. She has finally found the right
guy", says a friend.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria, Madeleine and Carl Philip will not attend Daniel Westlings birthday party tonight. Due to the situation in Sweden after foreign minister Anna Lindhs was murdered on wednesday the royal children have decided to stay at home.
The party is still on though and many friends of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine will attend the celebrations at a restaurant in Stockholm.
---
Old 09-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine and Victoria on September 15, during the celebrations of the Kings 30 years on the throne.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2003, 05:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

This is crazy. Expressen writes that the man the police arrested yesterday for the murder of Anna Lindh is friends with Madeleine.... ???!
Old 09-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
This is crazy. Expressen writes that the man the police arrested yesterday for the murder of Anna ...
Does "Expressen" have a reputation for good news or loud news? Like, if they could be listed, where does Expressen rank, above Aftonbladet and others or below?
Old 09-17-2003, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Does "Expressen" have a reputation for good news or loud news? Like, if they could be listed, where does Expressen rank, above Aftonbladet and others or below?
Aftonbladet and Expressen are similar.
Expressen is a tabloid, and often "blow up things" (sp???)
but still....
Old 09-17-2003, 10:41 PM
Royal Highness

"But still" what ..... you mean to say the quality of the expressen tabloid is slipping?
Old 09-18-2003, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

ok, that "still" part might have been a little confusing =)
I meant that it could be true. I don´t think that Expressen would write it if it was completly false. But it could be that they have said hello to eachother on a party or something and after that Expressen thinks that "they are friends"...
as long as it sells magazines... quite sad imo. Magazines shouldn´t be allowed to do such "connections".. if you understand what I meen.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:22 AM
Majesty

she will take part in the comming state visit from jordan and be at Akademiska barnsjukhuset Uppsala when its "My big day"

Closed Thread