The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, she looks to tanned. But maybe she feels good when she´s tanned...
many Swedes wants to be tanned during the winter to feel better

Old 08-01-2003, 07:25 PM
Courtier

The 20-year old girl was Princess Madeleine's friend. Now, she is dead. An unfortunate boat accident on its way home from a popular spot in Stockholm's skärgård cost her her life.
Princess Madeleine was shocked when she learned of the accident said a friend to Expressen.
(Forgive me if the next part isn't exactly right, I haven't attempted writing anything remotely Swedish in..oh, 5, 6 years.)
The water police were searching by Återlögafjärden on Värmdö in Stockholm's skärgård before 4 o'clock yesterday morning.
Two different [things, i presume] went at the same time in three leisure boats.
First, two boats went away. There were 40 metres inbetween. In one of the boats sat a 20-year old girl and a 21-year old man, some thought.

Summary: five young men held onto a higher position, apparenly the boat sunk (eh?) rather quickly. Suddenly, the boat with the 20-year old boat hit her friends boat on the right.

They rung an SOS to gästhamnen by Strömma. By then the girl was already unconscious in the boat. Four nurses at the hospital tried to save her life, but they had to give up after some time. (Hmmm... something' about the 21-year old man being mistaken for purposely killing another and something about sea crime.)
The dead girl was a close friend to Princess Madeleine. They have been together for most of their lives. A few of the girl's and princess' close friends gathered in central Stockholm to mourn.

One of them rang the princess. She was shocked at news of the death. Princess Madeleine had frequented the popular spot a few times, herself.
"A lot of us go home with alcohol in our bodies. That has become a tragic lesson for many" says a friend.
THe girl lived in Ostermalm and was daughter to a director in the telecom branch. The father has even been a foreman for a company in Singapore.

Yeeeeees....

Old 08-01-2003, 08:45 PM
Commoner

Thanks alot for the translation! Does Madde go to a spa, hair, nail place, what does she get done?
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2003, 06:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Does Madde go to a spa, hair, nail place, what does she get done
I think she gets most of that done in Stockholm. But maybe she goes to a spa oonce in a while =) I know she´s been to Selma Lagerlöf Spa in Sunne once, together with her brother
Old 08-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Majesty

time for a new thread all about madeleine

colourpress.com

Stockholm, Sweden - The 4th annual swedish sports-awards, "Idrottsgalan", in the Globen-arena in Stockholm, the world s largest spherical building.The swedish royal family, enthusiastic spectators at numerous swedish and international sportevents every year, attended this gala-evening among 5000 other VIP-guests
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2003, 04:25 AM
Majesty

www.expressen.se/

http://www.expressen.se/

http://www.expressen.se/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	13294   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	13299  
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2003, 07:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

"Madeleine knäckt av hetsjakt"

the article is about the german press "haunting" Madeleine and writing false things such as that Carl Gustaf isnt really her father, Madeleine beeing guilty to her friends death and that Madeleine and prince William are a couple.
All bullsh*t ofcourse...

And now the royal court has had enough and want the german tabloids to stop making up lies and stalk the princesses. Both Madeleine and Victoria has been followed by paparazzis from german magazines this summer.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:36 AM
Gentry

could you please translate it, cause I can't read Swedish :(
Let this never happen again!
Old 08-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@Aug 12th, 2003 - 1:04 pm
I dont have time to write a full translation right now,
but the article is about the german press "haunting" Madeleine and writing false things such as that Carl Gustaf isnt really her father, Madeleine beeing guilty to her friends death and that Madeleine and prince William are a couple.
All bullsh*t ofcourse...

And now the royal court has had enough and want the german tabloids to stop making up lies and stalk the princesses. Both Madeleine and Victoria has been followed by paparazzis from german magazines this summer.
they have been very though on her, just look at Ritvas page and one can see all the photomontages they have done....
Old 08-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah, the photomontages is so horrible! I dont get the point.. everyone can see that its fake!
Just curious, is there any laws or something that could prevent this kind of jornalism in Germany? I know its not just the german mags but its mostly them right?
Old 08-13-2003, 04:42 PM
Helen_

I´m from Germany (and new here, by the way) and I can tell you, in the German magazines it´s getting worse and worse. I´m not sure if there´s a law against it, but if the royal court wants to, they should be able to force the magazines to print counterstatements. That´s what Sabine Christiansen (German TV-woman) does all the time lately. I would prefer if the German press would print more real pictures and less text since it´s all untrue they write...
Old 08-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
This is an old interview.. it was made in the fall of 2001 when Madeleine studied in London.
But maybe there´s someone who hasn´t read it so I´ll post it for you 
Interview with Madeleine in London
Magnus Alselind, Expressen 2001.10.26
Translated by webmaster 2002.11.14

LONDON. Her best friend Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb is at the Swedish embassy together with Madeleine during the interview. Jonas Moberg, a representative for the embassy, is also present. He is there to help the princess if she has troubles answering the questions. But she is doing fine on her own. The little sister has grown up.
Madeleine is relaxed and answers the questions with a smile on her face. And except for those paparrazis, life is good for the Swedish princess. She enjoys the world metropolis together with her friends and is surprised that so few Swedish tourists recognize her.

When did you come across the thought to go abroad?
- I have always been very interested in languages and felt that I wanted to improve my English.

But that’s not the only reason you’re going to London?
- No, I like the city very much. I have been here a couple of times and I have always had a good time.

What is it that you like about London?
- It is a fun and exciting city. Things happen all the time. I enjoy myself socially and there are always things to do.

So, what do you do when you don’t study?
- There are a lot of nice restaurants, theatres and musicals.

What does a good day in London include?
- A good day… The most important thing is that I get to spend time with my friends, I really enjoy their company, no matter what we do. Then, maybe we have dinner and have a good time.

Did the fact that you older sister moved to the US and lived in New York help you take the step to go to London?
- Ehh, well, I haven’t thought of it that way. I have also always wanted to go abroad, meet other cultures and experience new things.

Has it been a big transformation?
- Yes, London is pretty different to Stockholm, so it’s exciting.

Great Britain is at war against the terrorists in Afghanistan. Have you thought about that there is a threat against for example London?
- Of course I have thought about that. I have been a little worried.

But you went anyway?
- Yes, they have estimated the safety of going here, and they told me that I’m safe.

Have you and your parents talked a lot about this?
- Mothers are always worried, so of course… they are worried at home, they are.

But they haven’t tried to make you come back home?
- No. Maybe it’s not a 100 percent safe here, but they have estimated it safe enough for me to be here.

How long will you stay in London?
- As it seems now I’ll stay until the middle of December, which is when the course is finished.

Don’t you want to stay longer?
- Yes, I’d really like to – if I’m left alone here.

What about the future. Rumour has it that you would like to be a designer?
- Yes, and that is another reason why I went here. They are very good at all sorts of design here in London.

Is that something you will go for?
- There is a big chance that I will come back here and follow that line instead.

What’s it like to be a princess by the way. Are you comfortable living with that role?
- Well, yeah… right now I’m letting myself grow into it, because it takes time to figure out what you want to engage yourself in. I think that the interest will be awoken eventually.

Do you see your future in Sweden?
- It is hard to say when you’re sitting here, but of course Sweden is my home.

What happened to the horseback riding that used to be your biggest interest?
- That took a lot of time, so during my last year in high school I didn’t have time for it. But I’m still interested in it and I still have my horse, so that is nothing that I have put aside for forever.

But girls usually think that horses are great until they discover that boys and nightlife are even funnier?
- Yes, but that’s not the case for me, I will continue riding and keep my interest, even if I won’t compete every weekend.

Have you visited an English horse farm?
- No, I haven’t had the opportunity to do that yet, but that is something that I would like to do and have planned.

Do you follow what is written about you in papers and magazines?
- It is difficult to stay updated when you live here, but my friends from Sweden often call me and say things like: "God, it says that you were out at a club until five in the morning, is that true?". And often it is not true.

What about all these princes you are paired with in foreign magazines?
- That kind of stuff is pretty nice not having to read, since it’s never true.

Have you ever been paired with a prince, read the article, and thought that he seems exciting, like crown prince Felipe of Spain for example?
- Yeah, well. Maybe he wouldn’t be so bad. Maybe that would be something. .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CAG3XREQ.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	13983  
Old 08-19-2003, 07:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

The article is about that a mens magazine have used many "bikini" pictures of Madeleine in their new edition. Its a whole poster of Madeleine in bikinis and in various (not so royal!) poses. Mainly bikini pictures from the riviera...
"Madeleine does not enjoy beeing a pinup, says Elisabeth Tarras Whalberg
Old 08-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Majesty

www.aftonbladet.se

pictures go along with
Madeleines nya utmaning - möta media

www.aftonbladet.se

here is one more

Madeleine during an interview.

www.lifepress.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1043  
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2003, 04:43 PM
Courtier

What did she say in the interview? What was the interview about?
Old 08-28-2003, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Madeleine looks far more like Victoria in the pictures above than in other pictures of her.
I would love to know too, what this interview is about, or do you get this newspaper just in Hälsingland, but not in the rest of Sweden?
Old 08-28-2003, 06:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its a local newspaper from Hälsingland, so unfortunatly people in other regions in Sweden don´t get the newspaper =/

Aftonbladet posted a resume of the interwiev.. maybe I can translate it later
and, btw, I dont think the interview (and the pictures) was made on August 26, I think it was made in June
Old 08-30-2003, 03:44 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Selma Lagerlöf Spa?

Okay. I'm sure there is a perfectly logical reason for this but why is a spa named after an author?
Old 08-30-2003, 03:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@Aug 28th, 2003 - 9:31 pm
Its a local newspaper from Hälsingland, so unfortunatly people in other regions in Sweden don´t get the newspaper =/

Aftonbladet posted a resume of the interwiev.. maybe I can translate it later
and, btw, I dont think the interview (and the pictures) was made on August 26, I think it was made in June
You are absolutely right about that, I coped the text to fast…
Old 09-03-2003, 07:07 AM
Majesty

From: http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/kvinna/story...,355289,00.html

here is the pictures for the article
www.aftonbladet.se
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	93
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	15478   Click image for larger version