Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström, Current Events Part 1: Aug 2003 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Night out

Princess Madeleine looks to have really enjoyed herself! :)

The king likes Jonas Bergström!
Apparently Madeleines boyfriend Jonas are the kings favourite among the royal boy-and girlfriends. Rumours says that the King and Jonas sometimes sits at Solliden and takes a nightcap together.
"A hell of a good guy" the King has said to one of his friends, according to www.mingel.se http://www.mingel.se

Last edited by a moderator:
Tanks so much Yennie! How exciting and interesting. Do you think this increases our chance of a Swedish royal wedding in the future?

well, this perhaps should be considered as gossip, but hey, it must have "come from somewhere" :)
Imo Jonas and Madeleine is the perfect couple... But they are so young so I think we will have to wait some years for an engagement

Yes, very interesting Yennie.
I´m surprised, my guess was, that Emma is the favourite of the king (1. Emma, 2. Jonas, 3. Daniel) I´ve thought Jonas B. is too much of an "high achiever" for the king.

You surely remember the discussion we had on Daniel Westling´s högskoleprovet (the test you can do in Sweden, when you want to go to university. When you have a very good result you have better chances to get into popular courses)You can reach results between 0,0-2,0 points...Daniel W. had 0,1 points and that´s really bad...almost impossible to "score", when you make the test seriously. Now Aftonbladet has again published the results of famous Swedes and Jonas is now among them. He has reached 0,7 points. I must say, I´m quite surprised. Wasn´t Jonas always described as ambitious high achiever with top grades?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,629085,00.html

Is that the Swedish version of the SAT's or ACT's???... I took the ACT last year and I scored a 45 I was so proud of my self.

Madeleine was not allowed to get engaged to her boyfriend Jonas Bergström. They were on a romatic holiday in Paris and wanted to get engaged. But the King don´t allows this.
- They know her father would never approve of that. No way, says a source.

Madeleine and Jonas have been together for more than two years.
A week ago that were on a secret holiday in Paris.
- They just enjoyed eachothers company. They didn´t cared about the bodyguards they had with them all the time. Madeleine and Jonas went shopping and had dinners together.
- They are still in the "new love" stadium, but at the same time they wants to take their relationship to a higher level.
Madeleine and Jonas really wants to get engaged.
- They have not tried to hide this amongs us, their friends. Everyone knows they wants to and we all think they are meant to be together.

But The King dont approve of these plans.
- For him its a thing that is just not possible. '
Its not that he dont like Jonas, he really likes him. He is the perfect partner for his daughter.
The reason is that the according to the "royal rules", Madeleine cannot get engaged before her older sister.
- It would look very bad if Madeleine got engaged before the crown princess have decided whom she wants to spend her life with.

www.expressen.se

Attachments

• Paris2005.jpg
    Paris2005.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 4,408
All the Norwegian papers have the story about Madeleine not beeing allowed to Marry because Victoria has to marry first, guess Lindwall did not follow the danish, dutch, belgium, and spanish royal house where the heir did not marry first:rolleyes:

Some good comes from having a weekend job you really dont like, I got my hands on the weekend edition of Norwegian Se og Hør without having to risk beeing seen buying it:D , they have a picture of Madeleine and Jonas in Paris. The article says Madeleine was buying clothes fro Jonas, they visited several exclusive boutiques, but only the mens departments. Personally from looking at her jeans I think she should have bought something for herself aswell

Attachments

• ingrid0001.JPG
    ingrid0001.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 3,556
Last edited:
"The taming of the Shrew" springs to mind:D (and for those who aren't familiar with the scribe - "10 things I hate about you") Not that CP Victoria is a shrew though!! But the problems are similar:)

I just noticed one thing, it looks like Madeleine got holes in her jeans?!
Nothing wrong with that :) but I never thought Madeleine had that style...
it could be something in the picture aswell....
anyone else see it?

The jeans she is wearing is nice ^___^ i love slightly rugged looking jeans i think Madeliene looks great in them too bad royals don't wear them often because they would look good in them ^__^

Thank you for translating so much and for scanning the pictures Yennie, also thanks for scanning Larzen (this mysterious job has clearly advantages :p )
I would say the story is a typical Expressobladet-Sunday-story. Then they always try to come up with something "big". As Larzen has said, it´s absolutely common that siblings marry before the heir (even the king´s sisters married before him). And I would say a crown princely wedding is in all ways (guests, programme, historical importance...) so very different from a princely wedding, that all ppl see and feel, that it is the "bigger wedding". So I guess when Madeleine would say "dear Pappa, Jonas is the only one. I want to be his wife as soon as possible", he wouldn´t hesitate. It´s no big secret, that Madeleine is daddy´s "little" girl and gets all, what she wants.

To the jeans...I´ve a strong feeling jeans with holes come again. Must have been more than 10 years, since they were popular for the last time. At least I remember that I´ve worn them at 11/12. And do you remember the jeans, which were cut with scissors and then the cut ends were frayed (Victoria and Madeleine have worn such short jeans in Mallorca in 1993). I hope they never come again!

I know that the story is coming from Expressen, but it is possible that the King seriously wants Victoria to marry first as heir. I know that many siblings have married before the heir and that many royal houses don't have an issue with it, but it is possible that the King of Sweden would like to specifically see his heir get married first before all other siblings.

Yennie

Thank you Yennie for translating the article into English, it is great for us who can't understand Swedish.Who knows maybe they will get engaged in 2006?

I know that the story is coming from Expressen, but it is possible that the King seriously wants Victoria to marry first as heir. I know that many siblings have married before the heir and that many royal houses don't have an issue with it, but it is possible that the King of Sweden would like to specifically see his heir get married first before all other siblings.

Yes, you could be right. Maybe this is something, that the king just prefers (some prefer red as colour, some blue...some prefer the bike over the car etc.). And maybe he has told his children once casually, that he would prefer, when Victoria would marry first. And if so, I guess Madeleine would accept it and there would be no conflict.
But as you say, it´s Expressen. And when we think of older articles and the often quoted friends, we have to see, that the friends either don´t exist or lie to the press or are very distant acquaintances. Actually Victoria & Daniel should marry this summer (both, Aftonbladet & Expressen had the story) but nothing like this happened (will happen).

his sisters got married before him

and by the way is madeleine still quite young to get married
becouse i think if a engagement will be public then the wedding will be in a year

Josefine said:
his sisters got married before him
but they are all older than him....
I think it very well could be so, that the King wants his heir to marry first.
We´ll have to wait and see!

Yennie said:
but they are all older than him....
I think it very well could be so, that the King wants his heir to marry first.
We´ll have to wait and see!

thats true

or maybe cause Madeleine is to young and should finish school and start a job b4 marriage or maybe he wants Madeleine to fine her true love and who will be supportive of her and her role in the RF, i dunno about the waiting B4 Vic marries, it's like the kings sisters married B4 him and his poor uncle had to wait years b4 he could marry his wife and not have any kids of their own cause of this.. I think cause she to young for marriage, Madeleine will never be Queen so there shouldn't be any problem, shouldn't be a big deal, say Vic doesn't marry at all then what Carl and Madde can't marry till old Vic marries, i think it was a rumour by the magazine..

Marriage

I think the King may feel Princess Madeleine is too young to marry. She won't be 23 until June of this year so she still is fairly young.

have we not said before that the king want his children to be at least 25 before they get married

Marriage

Yes we have said the King wants his children to be 25.

Does anyone know if she watches The OC with Jonas in bed every Thursday night?

The O.C. Fanatic said:
Does anyone know if she watches The OC with Jonas in bed every Thursday night?

Even when she would watch it, then hardly on Thursday...as much as I know the Swedish TV shows it on Wednesday...not all ppl can receive all american channels :p
Though it´s just speculation...I don´t see her as person watching this show. As much as I know she and her siblings watch "docu soaps"...and generally not much TV.

Lena said:
Though it´s just speculation...I don´t see her as person watching this show. As much as I know she and her siblings watch "docu soaps"...and generally not much TV.
Perhaps not :)
Victoria said in Luuk´s shows that she don´t watch soaps and rarely watch Tv. But that was 2002 so perhaps that have changed!
But Madeleine enjoys going to the cinema, she said so in some interview

Yennie said:
Perhaps not :)
Victoria said in Luuk´s shows that she don´t watch soaps and rarely watch Tv. But that was 2002 so perhaps that have changed!
But Madeleine enjoys going to the cinema, she said so in some interview

For Victoria probably not...I bet she has to watch now always the sport channels...poor kid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom