The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström, Current Events Part 2: June 2006 - April 2010

Welcome to part 3 of the threads devoted to the current events of Princess Madeleine and her boyfriend Jonas Bergström!

Please remember to observe our TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines.

The old thread can be found here.

Happy posting!

Old 06-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Expressen today has a story about Madeleine & Jonas' life in New York. They write that they love to be out, looking through stores, in the weekends, and that the Soho district is one of the couple's favourites. According to their source, "a friend", Madeleine loves to shop clothes (surprise surprise ) and during the spring she has done many expensive purchases.

Apparently Jonas also loves designer clothes. This past week when they were seen on Manhattan, he wore a trendy tight t-shirt and jeans from True Religion, and on his left hand is a Rolex Submariner, a classic model. Apparently he saved for it himself.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=613552

Picture by Finn Fons via Expressen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	J & M i NY 2006.jpg
Views:	3499
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	250175  

Old 06-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Gentry

I think it speaks less of Jonas that he's interested in fashion. I don't think a man should care what brand of jeans he is wearing. I know its a double-standard, but I can't help it. I don't like men to care THAT much about their looks.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by linneatherose
I think it speaks less of Jonas that he's interested in fashion. I don't think a man should care what brand of jeans he is wearing. I know its a double-standard, but I can't help it. I don't like men to care THAT much about their looks.
Jonas might be a metrosexual. Maybe that's why he and Madeleine are so compatible ! Madeleine shops, Jonas shops, and nobody gets annoyed! I really like this Finn Fons, he manages to take a couple photos for us curious royal-watchers but doesn't seem to be so intrusive to Madeleine's space as other photographers. Thanks GrandDuchess for the news! :)
Old 06-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Aristocracy

Is she going back to sweden any time soon?
Old 06-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer
Is she going back to sweden any time soon?
I don't think anybody knows for sure. Madeleine was supposed to come back to Sweden in June but June is almost over. Perhaps she might come home to Sweden for a month or two in July/August. Apparently Madeleine wishes to extend her stay in NYC.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Some news on Jonas...

According to an article today, Jonas Bergström finnished his law studies at the Queen Mary University in London last autumn, and during his and Princess Madeleine's stay in New York he has been practising on a law firm in the Big Apple. The article says that the firm he has been with is Holland + Knight.

A source says that this coming autumn, Jonas has accepted a position as an assistant lawyer at one of Stockholm's most prestigious law firms Vinge, were one of Queen Silvia's godsons, Fredrik von der Esch, has his workplace. (My note: Vinge is one of Scandinavia's largest law firms with offices in Hong Kong, Brussels, Paris and London)

The source says that Jonas will start in September. Apparently he has also been a trainee at Vinge during last year, his final year of law studies.

At Vinge he will be working with m&a, mergers and acquisitions, and will receive an initial salary somewere around 23.00-25.000, which is normal for new lawyers. The office is situated at Smålandsgatan around Norrmalmstorg, which is quite a posh area, and the working days are long for lawyers in the m&a area.

It is not yet official what Princess Madeleine will be doing this autumn. The Royal Court will apparently release the info in August. Morgan Gerle at the Information and Press Department doesn't have an answer to give on the question if she will be in Sweden or abroad.

http://www.realtid.se/ArticlePages/2...tid630.dbp.asp
Old 07-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
According to an article today, Jonas Bergström finnished his law studies at the Queen Mary University in London last autumn, and during his and Princess Madeleine's stay in New York he has been practising on a law firm in the Big Apple. The article says that the firm he has been with is Holland + Knight.

A source says that this coming autumn, Jonas has accepted a position as an assistant lawyer at one of Stockholm's most prestigious law firms Vinge, were one of Queen Silvia's godsons, Fredrik von der Esch, has his workplace. (My note: Vinge is one of Scandinavia's largest law firms with offices in Hong Kong, Brussels, Paris and London)

The source says that Jonas will start in September. Apparently he has also been a trainee at Vinge during last year, his final year of law studies.

At Vinge he will be working with m&a, mergers and acquisitions, and will receive an initial salary somewere around 23.00-25.000, which is normal for new lawyers. The office is situated at Smålandsgatan around Norrmalmstorg, which is quite a posh area, and the working days are long for lawyers in the m&a area.

It is not yet official what Princess Madeleine will be doing this autumn. The Royal Court will apparently release the info in August. Morgan Gerle at the Information and Press Department doesn't have an answer to give on the question if she will be in Sweden or abroad.

http://www.realtid.se/ArticlePages/2...tid630.dbp.asp
Brrr... I am not jealous of Madeleine now. My husband just turned down Vinge to work at a smaller lawfirm with more humane working hours. You should know the horror stories we have heard when we studied law about the big lawfirms. Jonas will work at least 80 hour weeks, and the M&A department should be the hardest of them all... Poor Jonas. But at least he will make A LOT of money. The lawyers there are guaranteed a payraise with 10 000 SEK/year (so next year he will earn 35 000 SEK per month). And to that they add all kinds of bonuses. But it will be a lot harder for Jonas and Madde to work on their relationship now...
Old 07-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Save money to buy a watch!!!I don't belive it people!!!!!Really I don't
Old 07-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Courtier

Well a Rolex can be expensive...
Old 07-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Save money to buy a watch!!!I don't belive it people!!!!!Really I don't
Prices for a Rolex start around $2,000 and can go as high as $100,000, depending on the model and the materials used.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Jonas is good looking... and a lawyer to boot. Impressive.
I don't blame her for not wanting to leave New York. It's a great place, and she probably enjoys being "anonymous"... a "regular gal" for a change.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Hot Gossip reports that yesterday, Jonas was seen walking around the central parts of St Tropez (so now we know that they are there), without Princess Madeleine. He stopped and looked around in a store for lingerie (this is now almost more than we need to know )

I'd say it's now high time for the lazy press to get off their beach chairs, put away their drinks and go get us some annual summer pictures of Princess Madeleine! Now we even know where they are.

Picture from Hot Gossip.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20060729122113.jpg
Views:	827
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	257231  
Old 07-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan
Brrr... I am not jealous of Madeleine now. My husband just turned down Vinge to work at a smaller lawfirm with more humane working hours. You should know the horror stories we have heard when we studied law about the big lawfirms. Jonas will work at least 80 hour weeks, and the M&A department should be the hardest of them all... Poor Jonas. But at least he will make A LOT of money. The lawyers there are guaranteed a payraise with 10 000 SEK/year (so next year he will earn 35 000 SEK per month). And to that they add all kinds of bonuses. But it will be a lot harder for Jonas and Madde to work on their relationship now...
80 hours a work week seems excessive but not unexpected, especially for a new lawyer who surely wants to prove himself as any new and young employeed does, especially too if he'll be compensated financially for those hours. In the legal world I'm sure that nobody bats an eye at 80 hours.

I work about 60 hours a week, not counting the hours I put in at home in the evening hours or on the weekends.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

If he only has to work 80 week he has it easy - that is only 11+ hours per day 7 days /week. Freshmen attorneys in New York and San Francisco at top law firms work more than that. But then you can also make $1 mill and more as a partner.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:37 AM
Commoner

An artical from Aftonbladet.se

Foto: PATRIK ÖSTERBERG/HOTGOSSIP.SE

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...864663,00.html

The artical says that princess Madeleine and her boyfriend Jonas have spend some time in Saint Tropez with her best friend Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb and her new boyfriend. They lived in the house ”Mistrale“ in Saint Maxime, owned by the swedish royal family.

In Wednesday they vistited the nightclub VIP-room and seemed to have a really good time there. After the holliday Louise and her boyfriend went home to Sweden again and Madeleine and Jonas diseded to fly to Hamburg for some reason.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	madde.jpg
Views:	3180
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	257279  
Old 07-31-2006, 05:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

oh, finally we got a pic! They both looks nice, not as tan as last year :)

wonder what they will do in Hamburg? Visiting some of Madeleines German relatives perhaps?

btw, found one more photo of Jonas in St Tropez, from hot gossip.se
Old 07-31-2006, 05:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongeli...gehus/1.120916
se og hør writes they just used Hamburg to change planes.

I cant belive she has gotten tough the whole vacation without beeing pictured in bikini The press must be crying. It seems the whole family has attended some sort of "how to hide from the press" course. I can never remember seeing so few pictures of the swedish royals in one summer
Old 07-31-2006, 05:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm really disappointed. Their vacation in St Tropez is over, and we haven't gotten a single picture of Princess Madeleine's vacation... :( How hard can it be for the photographers to snap a few pictures if they're out at sea!?'

This is definitely the worst summer so far when it comes to pictures of the Swedish royals on their summer vacations. All records are broken. But I guess they aren't as interesting as the more scandalous Monaco royals, and the whole celebrity circus that has been in the same city - people like Victoria Silvstedt (and now the whole rumble around Pamela Anderson's wedding) certainly demand their attention...

Oh well, I'll go sulk now
Old 07-31-2006, 06:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you GrandDuchess. This year it has been a really bad paparazzi summer :(

here´s some more photos of Madeleine and Jonas at the airport in Nice. They´re from the paper edition of Aftonbladet.
Photos taken by Patrik Österberg
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	m1.JPG
Views:	2907
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	257289   Click image for larger version

Name:	maddesttropez.JPG
Views:	3061
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	257290   Click image for larger version

Name:	mj.JPG