Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström, Current Events Part 2: June 2006 - April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well-oh-well, those two big Swedish tabloids, 'Expressen' and 'Aftonbladet'... always at war with each other, always competing.
If 'Expressen' talks about a crisis, 'Aftonbladet' just has to write the opposite and deny any rumor - and the other way around.
Most helpful for any Bernadotte watcher in search of the truth...:rolleyes:

Well-oh-well, those two big Swedish tabloids, 'Expressen' and 'Aftonbladet'... always at war with each other, always competing.
If 'Expressen' talks about a crisis, 'Aftonbladet' just has to write the opposite and deny any rumor - and the other way around.
Most helpful for any Bernadotte watcher in search of the truth...:rolleyes:

he he ...yes yes, they are very trustful ;) and the most ironic thing is that for example Mr. Nyhlen wrote on his blog (at SDT) about this "lovecrisis " and he also wrote that Madeleine and Jonas was sad and worried about all the press reports about the so called crisis ... But the thing is:Nyhlen himself is personally responsible for very much of the writing/talking in this subject! hmmm... Some kind of self-distance would be good ...
But if we read it with a chritical eye and ironic sense of humour its kind of entertaining :)

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen that he doesn´t believe that Madeleine and Jonas will get married this year. According to him Madeleine and Jonas haven´t been seen together in public for months. He wonders about why Madeleine went to Verbier with her friends without Jonas, although Verbier is the a favourite place to Jonas and Madeleine.
Johan T Lindwall: Madeleine utan Jonas vid sin sida - Expressen

According to him Madeleine and Jonas haven´t been seen together in public for months. He wonders about why Madeleine went to Verbier with her friends without Jonas, although Verbier is the a favourite place to Jonas and Madeleine.
Johan T Lindwall: Madeleine utan Jonas vid sin sida - Expressen

:eek:Gosh, I really hope this isn't true. But I've noticed too that they haven't been seen together in months, unlike Victoria and Daniel. Madeleine said in an interview that the focus is not her but on Victoria's wedding right now, so maybe the strain of coming second place is hard on them. Or maybe Jonas is working really hard, as does Madeleine. But who knows, I hope news doesn't break that they called off their engagement:ohmy:.

I doubt Princess Madeleine and Jonas has broken their engagement off. Obviously the aim of that article was to sell it!

I think they are waiting for Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel to have their wedding before announcing Princess Madeleine and Jonas own wedding date, as not to take the shine off Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel big day.

Jonas has a job and maybe he can't take time off right now. He'll have to take quite a bit off when Victoria's wedding rolls around and also when his own wedding comes around.

It´s very unlikely, there is not some truth in the story.

she will be in new york and seattle during a week each
april/may

the papers will get more to whright about they (jonas and madeleine) not havning time togather

I just read in a paper that Queen Silvia had commented that there is not going to be a wedding for Madeleine and Jonas this year. :(

Same article in Expressen, translated: Google Käännä

I hope the rumours about their crisis are not true, but if it is true, no need to hurry into marriage. They both are young, better split now and find someone else, than divorce later.

i dont think that a women even if she is princess can have a crisis with the love of her live because he is ambitious and is focusing in his work to built a good carrier
i dont find that there is a big reason for this crisis

It has been reported widely in the press that the Queen has commented that there will be no wedding for M&J this year and apparently she has also stated that Madeleine deserves to have some quiet time before her own wedding since so much is going on. According to the press she also said everything is o.k. between the couple.

I would like to see a video where HM comments the issue or a more official announcement (although I doubt that the court will be making any such announcement) to be completely sure about the authenticity of this statement. However, judging by all the comments relating to the issue and by how widely the Queen's statement have spread and been published, I would say it is most likely true. If the court and the royal couple firmly state otherwise then the wedding might still happen this year.

As I've understood it the date of Madeleine and Jonas' wedding hasn't been set in stone anyway, so it would not be that unusual if the wedding was postponed to next year. I can only imagine how difficult and unnerving it would be to prepare your own wedding while your older sister would be preparing her own at the same time! It might also irritate her somewhat that her sister will naturally be in a bigger spotlight and have a larger and more luxurious wedding than her, no matter how funny that sounds (naturally she knows her position in the family). After all, every woman in a way wants to be the center of attention on their wedding day. If her wedding would be on the same year as Victoria's, it would still be considered as the "second wedding" of the year. I hope I've been able to explain what I mean clearly enough. :)

I think, if Expressen (although not the most reliable source in the past) states, that the Queen herself is quoted, then it MUST be true. Expressen cannot afford "faking" an interview/quote with the Queen.

Nevertheless this "cryptic" answer leaves a bad feeling in me.... she could have said it differently and more clearly, if ther is really NO ISSUE around the couple and if EVERYTING is perfectly allright.

Catharina, I completely agree to your comments about being the "small" sister and thus not having such a large wedding as the crown princess. Also another statement, that everybody prefers a spring/summer wedding instead of a autumn/winter wedding. But I fear, that there is really more behind this "no wedding 2010" message.

In case there are really dramatic difference between the couple, of course it is better to find out BEFORE the wedding, than afterwards.....
Just curious: In the past: in which royal house did it happen in the last century, that an engagement has split?

Bye Bine

Have they started renovations on the manor house/castle that Madeline & Jonas are to live in ??? If the do call the wedding off will Madelikne still move into the renovated home ??

I think that the first comment and interview of Queen Silvia was at Aftonbladet
Drottning Silvia: Inget bröllop mellan prinsessan Madeleine och Jonas Bergström – i år | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
To me it is interesting, that the Queen used the word "tyvärr" - unfortunately there won´t be a wedding this year. It makes me think that there is a change of plans. She could have just said that the wedding would be next year.
Madeleine made to wait for royal wedding - The Local

Jenny Alexandersson, who blogs at Aftonbladet, says that is isn´t a secret anymore that Madeleine and Jonas have a crisis at their relationship.
"De har en kris i sin relation" - Aftonbladet
Daniel Nyhléns blog at SvenskDam, he wonders if there is ever going to be a wedding.
Nu spricker den rosenskimrande sagan | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg - Svensk Damtidning

Surprisingly, Royalcourt did release an official statement now.
Worded in a rather unfortunate way, and mis-placed under 'Current activities' instead of the 'Press release' section, it's quite obviously a rush job and anything but helpful to quiet any rumors, I'd say.
Time of Princess Madeleine's wedding is not set
Following a number of articles on the date for the wedding between Princess Madeleine and Mr Jonas Bergström, we want to announce that, as previously announced, the wedding date has not yet been determined.
Link: http://www.royalcourt.se/kungafamil...aststallt.5.1a6f639212652d9b15a800016814.html

Does anyone know if Madeline is still planning on living at the villa now that she is no longer engaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom