The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 05-11-2007, 11:10 AM
lilytornado's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: -, United States
Posts: 504
Why would she be regent? Where is Prince Carl-Philip?
__________________

  #142  
Old 05-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado
Why would she be regent? Where is Prince Carl-Philip?
In the US...he is currently getting an education in graphic design on Rhode Island (RISD : Rhode Island School of Design)
__________________

  #143  
Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,018
No I don´t think we have had an acting regent these days.
That´s against the rules. An acting regent will only be in office when the King is more than 2 hours flighttime away from sweden or something like that according to the royal palace.
  #144  
Old 05-14-2007, 02:00 PM
robby86's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tucson, United States
Posts: 379
Jonas Bergstrom, boyfriend of Swedish Princess Madeleine, played in a 7th division soccer match in Stockholm 04 May, 2007. Bergstom's team Rara Avis BK, lost the match against Norrtulls SK 1-3.

(Lots of Photos)
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1
(Photos and Story from ANP)
__________________
" Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" ~~James Dean
  #145  
Old 05-14-2007, 03:34 PM
platinum69's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Palm Bay, FL, United States
Posts: 19
In general, a husband to a royal-born princess can not get a title. It usually works the other way around. Well, I am not sure what they'll do in Sweden
__________________
Platinum69
  #146  
Old 07-03-2007, 03:29 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 90
jonas

I don't know if its just me and maybe i'm reading in too much, but I don't think they are the "perfect" happy couple and are meant to be. This is my first post and I read a ton of what everyone says, but I think pictures tell all. It always looks to me that he is much more interested in her. I've noticed at times he sees a camera and grabs on to her or try to embrace her such in New York. It looked like she was quite irritated too.

I think you guys are really going to hard on Victoria's boyfriend, my family owns companies and let me tell you its hard work. He has to work hard and actually be bright to keep afloat, there is a ton to manage in any store. I find it humorous that Jonas is the great one when he seems so vain, and I hate saying it but I sometimes wonder if he loves her. As someone earlier said he may just be in love with Madeleine's title (gold-digger keeps playing) and all of the perks that come with it.

I know the press isn't too reliable, but it does seem like Jonas is controlling. I've found it odd when we see less of him we see more of her in Sweden, having fun and working. I say give her the credit, I think she's a smart woman. I noticed wmost people dislike Daniel just for his looks and somehow he couldn't be a king. I hope i'm wrong, but I usually always call it in the American press . So hopefully Madeleine is happy and its just their Swedish culture throwing me off

  #147  
Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 PM
kaydura0717's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: somewhere, United States
Posts: 416
welcome to the forums Scooter62986 and your post is actually quite interesting. It puts a new perspective on things.
  #148  
Old 07-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter62986 View Post
I don't know if its just me and maybe i'm reading in too much, but I don't think they are the "perfect" happy couple and are meant to be. This is my first post and I read a ton of what everyone says, but I think pictures tell all. It always looks to me that he is much more interested in her. I've noticed at times he sees a camera and grabs on to her or try to embrace her such in New York. It looked like she was quite irritated too.

I think you guys are really going to hard on Victoria's boyfriend, my family owns companies and let me tell you its hard work. He has to work hard and actually be bright to keep afloat, there is a ton to manage in any store. I find it humorous that Jonas is the great one when he seems so vain, and I hate saying it but I sometimes wonder if he loves her. As someone earlier said he may just be in love with Madeleine's title (gold-digger keeps playing) and all of the perks that come with it.

I know the press isn't too reliable, but it does seem like Jonas is controlling. I've found it odd when we see less of him we see more of her in Sweden, having fun and working. I say give her the credit, I think she's a smart woman. I noticed wmost people dislike Daniel just for his looks and somehow he couldn't be a king. I hope i'm wrong, but I usually always call it in the American press . So hopefully Madeleine is happy and its just their Swedish culture throwing me off

Scooter, I happen to completely agree with you.

First, I think most folks on the forum here as well as in the media have been way too hard on Daniel, Victoria's other half. Running a business may not require a PH.D. from Stanford University, all the same it ain't no walk on the beach either. It requires a lot of guts, vision, and perseverance.

And why would some stupid law degree, which is nothing to sneeze at but all the same, isn't any more worthy than any other person jumping through a bunch of hoops, why is Jonas's law degree so revered? And for that matter, why is he? All I see is a pretentious, preppy, frat-boy-type keep up with the jones's conformist, who wears pink as if his life depended on it. Sure, what he has going for him is his white collar attitude and the fact he bears a resemblance to his girlfriend's father when young..

Of course, disclaimer here, I don't know either person personally, just from what I read and see in pictures. It's my 2 cents based on that.
  #149  
Old 11-05-2007, 08:29 PM
linneatherose's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bowling Green, United States
Posts: 88
I agree with you as well, Scooter. I had posted something about not thinking Jonas was entirely sincere once before. I hope he is really sincere, but he does seem in photographs to be more interested in how he looks at her side than in her.
  #150  
Old 12-13-2007, 10:08 PM
linneatherose's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bowling Green, United States
Posts: 88
OK- this may need a new thread but I thought I'd say something here first... Did anyone else notice the ring Madeleine wore on her left hand at the Nobel ceremonies? It may have been just a piece to wear for the evening, but why that finger? Anyone think it may be a clue about the wedding budget question??? I hope so!!!
  #151  
Old 12-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,049
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by linneatherose View Post
OK- this may need a new thread but I thought I'd say something here first... Did anyone else notice the ring Madeleine wore on her left hand at the Nobel ceremonies? It may have been just a piece to wear for the evening, but why that finger? Anyone think it may be a clue about the wedding budget question??? I hope so!!!

I saw the ring as well. And I also commented about it in the Nobel 2007 thread. But I really think that the ring likely matched other jewelry she wore. For her to wear an engagement ring on the highlight night in Sweden before an official announcement is made would be quite dumb. She has been a princess her whole life and she is not that crazy, I wouldn't think. Besides no news sources since the event has questioned the ring so it is likely that the ring was only wore for that special occasion.
  #152  
Old 12-14-2007, 02:41 AM
hrhcp's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
I saw the ring as well. And I also commented about it in the Nobel 2007 thread. But I really think that the ring likely matched other jewelry she wore.
My mother - being of German origin - wears her wedding ring on her right hand. Given that there is some similarity being swedish words and german words, so it is to be presumed that there is a similarity in the customs too. Maybe the GrandDuchess or Yennie could weigh in?

Quote:
For her to wear an engagement ring on the highlight night in Sweden before an official announcement is made would be ...
I agree. It would certainly be poor taste. Although this lady did wear a bit of a revealing dress a few Nobel ceremonies ago, so could it be said that she is not so much a trouble-maker, but a jokester? All the same, the wearing of a ring, certainly sets "the cat among the pigeons".
__________________
"Every decision is right for its time."
  #153  
Old 01-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Jose, United States
Posts: 76
I don't think that Madde would wear an engagement ring before an official announcement. I agree that she is not that untraditional. I don't get the feeling that she is ready to marry yet. I could be wrong, but I think that she won't tie the knot until her other siblings are married.
  #154  
Old 01-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 90
I have a totally random question, but what does slutfestat for Madde mean? I highly doubt it is what it sounds like. This quote was a whole bunch of pages back
  #155  
Old 01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
does anyone have a picture of Madeline with the ring on her left hand? I am curious about what the ring looks like.
  #156  
Old 01-22-2008, 03:44 AM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter62986 View Post
I have a totally random question, but what does slutfestat for Madde mean? I highly doubt it is what it sounds like. This quote was a whole bunch of pages back
Slut is Swedish for stop, so it basically means something like stopping of parties.
__________________
  #157  
Old 01-22-2008, 05:40 AM
Doncella's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 70
Hello People!...I would like to know how tall Madeleine is...Thanks a lot in advance!
  #158  
Old 01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
She seems very tall in photos. Does anyone know how tall Victoria is? It seems like Madeline is taller, but photos can be misleading.
  #159  
Old 02-03-2008, 07:21 PM
DuchessCharlotte's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 22
I think Victoria is 5'7'', I read it somewhere but I don't know if it's true
  #160  
Old 01-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
New pix of Madeleine and Jonas holidaying in Verbier
Här uppfyller han sitt kärlekslöfte - Fredag - Expressen.se (choose Bildspecial)
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström: August 11, 2009 LadyFinn Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 314 04-25-2010 02:43 PM
Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström, Current Events Part 1: Aug 2003 - June 2006 Helen_ Current Events Archive 271 06-19-2006 09:04 AM




Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 beatrice borromeo best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit june 2016 birthday british catherine coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of cambridge visit to canada duke of cambridge fashion fashion poll jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy nazi new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week picture of the week november 2016 prince charles princess beatrice fashion princess madeleine daytime fashion princess marie princess marie fashion princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion queen silvia satan september 2016 state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara vatican


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises