The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Courtier

Why would she be regent? Where is Prince Carl-Philip?

Old 05-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado
Why would she be regent? Where is Prince Carl-Philip?
In the US...he is currently getting an education in graphic design on Rhode Island (RISD : Rhode Island School of Design)

Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

No I don´t think we have had an acting regent these days.
That´s against the rules. An acting regent will only be in office when the King is more than 2 hours flighttime away from sweden or something like that according to the royal palace.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Nobility

Jonas Bergstrom, boyfriend of Swedish Princess Madeleine, played in a 7th division soccer match in Stockholm 04 May, 2007. Bergstom's team Rara Avis BK, lost the match against Norrtulls SK 1-3.

(Lots of Photos)
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1
(Photos and Story from ANP)
Old 05-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Commoner

In general, a husband to a royal-born princess can not get a title. It usually works the other way around. Well, I am not sure what they'll do in Sweden
Old 07-03-2007, 03:29 AM
Gentry

jonas

I don't know if its just me and maybe i'm reading in too much, but I don't think they are the "perfect" happy couple and are meant to be. This is my first post and I read a ton of what everyone says, but I think pictures tell all. It always looks to me that he is much more interested in her. I've noticed at times he sees a camera and grabs on to her or try to embrace her such in New York. It looked like she was quite irritated too.

I think you guys are really going to hard on Victoria's boyfriend, my family owns companies and let me tell you its hard work. He has to work hard and actually be bright to keep afloat, there is a ton to manage in any store. I find it humorous that Jonas is the great one when he seems so vain, and I hate saying it but I sometimes wonder if he loves her. As someone earlier said he may just be in love with Madeleine's title (gold-digger keeps playing) and all of the perks that come with it.

I know the press isn't too reliable, but it does seem like Jonas is controlling. I've found it odd when we see less of him we see more of her in Sweden, having fun and working. I say give her the credit, I think she's a smart woman. I noticed wmost people dislike Daniel just for his looks and somehow he couldn't be a king. I hope i'm wrong, but I usually always call it in the American press . So hopefully Madeleine is happy and its just their Swedish culture throwing me off

Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Nobility

welcome to the forums Scooter62986 and your post is actually quite interesting. It puts a new perspective on things.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter62986 View Post
I don't know if its just me and maybe i'm reading in too much, but I don't think they are the "perfect" happy couple and are meant to be. This is my first post and I read a ton of what everyone says, but I think pictures tell all. It always looks to me that he is much more interested in her. I've noticed at times he sees a camera and grabs on to her or try to embrace her such in New York. It looked like she was quite irritated too.

I think you guys are really going to hard on Victoria's boyfriend, my family owns companies and let me tell you its hard work. He has to work hard and actually be bright to keep afloat, there is a ton to manage in any store. I find it humorous that Jonas is the great one when he seems so vain, and I hate saying it but I sometimes wonder if he loves her. As someone earlier said he may just be in love with Madeleine's title (gold-digger keeps playing) and all of the perks that come with it.

I know the press isn't too reliable, but it does seem like Jonas is controlling. I've found it odd when we see less of him we see more of her in Sweden, having fun and working. I say give her the credit, I think she's a smart woman. I noticed wmost people dislike Daniel just for his looks and somehow he couldn't be a king. I hope i'm wrong, but I usually always call it in the American press . So hopefully Madeleine is happy and its just their Swedish culture throwing me off

Scooter, I happen to completely agree with you.

First, I think most folks on the forum here as well as in the media have been way too hard on Daniel, Victoria's other half. Running a business may not require a PH.D. from Stanford University, all the same it ain't no walk on the beach either. It requires a lot of guts, vision, and perseverance.

And why would some stupid law degree, which is nothing to sneeze at but all the same, isn't any more worthy than any other person jumping through a bunch of hoops, why is Jonas's law degree so revered? And for that matter, why is he? All I see is a pretentious, preppy, frat-boy-type keep up with the jones's conformist, who wears pink as if his life depended on it. Sure, what he has going for him is his white collar attitude and the fact he bears a resemblance to his girlfriend's father when young..

Of course, disclaimer here, I don't know either person personally, just from what I read and see in pictures. It's my 2 cents based on that.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Gentry

I agree with you as well, Scooter. I had posted something about not thinking Jonas was entirely sincere once before. I hope he is really sincere, but he does seem in photographs to be more interested in how he looks at her side than in her.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Gentry

OK- this may need a new thread but I thought I'd say something here first... Did anyone else notice the ring Madeleine wore on her left hand at the Nobel ceremonies? It may have been just a piece to wear for the evening, but why that finger? Anyone think it may be a clue about the wedding budget question??? I hope so!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by linneatherose View Post
OK- this may need a new thread but I thought I'd say something here first... Did anyone else notice the ring Madeleine wore on her left hand at the Nobel ceremonies? It may have been just a piece to wear for the evening, but why that finger? Anyone think it may be a clue about the wedding budget question??? I hope so!!!

I saw the ring as well. And I also commented about it in the Nobel 2007 thread. But I really think that the ring likely matched other jewelry she wore. For her to wear an engagement ring on the highlight night in Sweden before an official announcement is made would be quite dumb. She has been a princess her whole life and she is not that crazy, I wouldn't think. Besides no news sources since the event has questioned the ring so it is likely that the ring was only wore for that special occasion.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
I saw the ring as well. And I also commented about it in the Nobel 2007 thread. But I really think that the ring likely matched other jewelry she wore.
My mother - being of German origin - wears her wedding ring on her right hand. Given that there is some similarity being swedish words and german words, so it is to be presumed that there is a similarity in the customs too. Maybe the GrandDuchess or Yennie could weigh in?

Quote:
For her to wear an engagement ring on the highlight night in Sweden before an official announcement is made would be ...
I agree. It would certainly be poor taste. Although this lady did wear a bit of a revealing dress a few Nobel ceremonies ago, so could it be said that she is not so much a trouble-maker, but a jokester? All the same, the wearing of a ring, certainly sets "the cat among the pigeons".
Old 01-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Gentry

I don't think that Madde would wear an engagement ring before an official announcement. I agree that she is not that untraditional. I don't get the feeling that she is ready to marry yet. I could be wrong, but I think that she won't tie the knot until her other siblings are married.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Gentry

I have a totally random question, but what does slutfestat for Madde mean? I highly doubt it is what it sounds like. This quote was a whole bunch of pages back
Old 01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

does anyone have a picture of Madeline with the ring on her left hand? I am curious about what the ring looks like.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter62986 View Post
I have a totally random question, but what does slutfestat for Madde mean? I highly doubt it is what it sounds like. This quote was a whole bunch of pages back
Slut is Swedish for stop, so it basically means something like stopping of parties.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:40 AM
Gentry

Hello People!...I would like to know how tall Madeleine is...Thanks a lot in advance!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

She seems very tall in photos. Does anyone know how tall Victoria is? It seems like Madeline is taller, but photos can be misleading.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Commoner

I think Victoria is 5'7'', I read it somewhere but I don't know if it's true
Old 01-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

New pix of Madeleine and Jonas holidaying in Verbier
Här uppfyller han sitt kärlekslöfte - Fredag - Expressen.se (choose Bildspecial)

Closed Thread