The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 08-06-2006, 06:01 PM
ZandraRae's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 572
Also a welcome from me love36! Just as magnik said, from time to time, we will hear someone mention marriage, but I haven't heard anything serious. In my opinion Madeleine can find someone better! But, that's only me.
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 08-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5090d.jpg

According to this article in Hänt Extra, Madeleine and Jonas has bought a Jack Russel pup called Zorro. They got it just before Victorias birthday.

cute :) Hope we´ll see some photos sometime
__________________

__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
  #43  
Old 08-15-2006, 12:50 PM
robby86's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tucson, United States
Posts: 375
Jacks are such cute dogs. I have two. I hope we will see pictures too.
__________________
" Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" ~~James Dean
  #44  
Old 08-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bayamon, Puerto Rico
Posts: 10
Jonas is gorgeous
__________________
  #45  
Old 08-16-2006, 04:29 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5090d.jpg

According to this article in Hänt Extra, Madeleine and Jonas has bought a Jack Russel pup called Zorro. They got it just before Victorias birthday.

cute :) Hope we´ll see some photos sometime
On this photo I don't know why but Jonas reminds me Felipe of Spain
__________________
  #46  
Old 08-17-2006, 07:21 PM
jspate's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 135
you are right, Jonas looks very much like Felipe of Spain and I think Princess Madeleine looks a lot like the model Christie Brinkley.
__________________
  #47  
Old 08-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspate
you are right, Jonas looks very much like Felipe of Spain and I think Princess Madeleine looks a lot like the model Christie Brinkley.
The other day I watched the engagement interview of Madeleine's father and mother, and was struck by how much the young Swedish king resembles Felipe of Spain. Mind you, they are distant family--both share Queen Victoria among their ancestors.

I've since then thought that Madeleine's sister Victoria's penchant a while back for Felipe might have to do with this--Freud would agree here!

As for the jack russell--they are great dogs but notoriously stubborn minded. In addition, all puppies need a lot of work, attention, time, none of which Jonas will have to spare when he starts his lawyer internship work which will yield 50+ hr work weeks.

What, in other words, were these people thinking getting a dog? It's not like Madeleine will have ample time on her hands either, as I'm sure there will be a lot of travel and Unicef-like gigs in her near future. I don't want to sound overly judgmental here about people I don't know, but by all accounts this is not the time for these people to get a puppy. It seems selfish of these two people to get a dog when in all likelyhood they won't have the necessary time to really commit to the animal.
__________________
  #48  
Old 08-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Gita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ., United Kingdom
Posts: 773
Perhaps that is Princess Madeleine's and Jonas's was of showing commitment to each pther? After all a couple do not buy a puppy together unless they have a strong relationship.

May be they know someone who can walk it for them during the day?
__________________
Where does ones childhood go? Gita.
  #49  
Old 08-19-2006, 09:07 AM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
What, in other words, were these people thinking getting a dog? It's not like Madeleine will have ample time on her hands either, as I'm sure there will be a lot of travel and Unicef-like gigs in her near future. I don't want to sound overly judgmental here about people I don't know, but by all accounts this is not the time for these people to get a puppy. It seems selfish of these two people to get a dog when in all likelyhood they won't have the necessary time to really commit to the animal.
Well the Royal Family loves dogs, so I guess that when Princess Madeleine and Jonas can't take care of it - they will have someone from the Royal Court to walk it, and if they're abroad maybe a friend or the King and Queen (and those who take care of their dog when they're busy) will take care of it.
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
  #50  
Old 08-19-2006, 12:44 PM
jspate's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 135
Does anyone know when Madeleine is supposed to be leaving New York and returning back to Sweden because I thought she was leaving this summer.
__________________
  #51  
Old 08-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Well the Royal Family loves dogs, so I guess that when Princess Madeleine and Jonas can't take care of it
and therin lies the rub--with Jonas's new schedule, he won't have time, ever, for the forseeable future, to spend time, let alone quality time, with his new dog. How fair is that to the animal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
- they will have someone from the Royal Court to walk it, and if they're abroad maybe a friend or the King and Queen (and those who take care of their dog when they're busy) will take care of it.
Dogs hate to be shopped around, they like consistency and routine, and of all things, what they love best is to spend time with the very people who he thinks are his tribe: the people he shares his home with. If you cannot offer that to a dog on a regular basis, a dog is not for you. Not even if you are Madeleine of Sweden, daughter of a king.
What I see here is two people who are used to purchasing whatever strikes their fancy, and to them a dog, a popular breed at that, is no different. If they love dogs so much, they should know better.

I would love a dog myself, but my schedule can be Jonas-like, with lots of work and travel and no time for family members, let alone a dog. Just because I can afford a dog, doesn't mean I should get one. I wish Madeleine would think the same, as a lot of people like to emulate what she does.
__________________
  #52  
Old 08-19-2006, 06:16 PM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407
I know what you're saying, and I've had dogs myself - so I know that they need routine and an active owner. But I think we should wait and see what Madeleine will be doing this autumn before we judge. If she would for example study something, then she would probably be living with the dog and have time to be with it. So I think we should wait and see, then we can judge.
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
  #53  
Old 08-20-2006, 10:29 AM
nayeli0016's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 159
Just wanted to clarify, Princess Madeleine isn't in law school anymore right? Btw they should take it a little easy on the tan. There's a pic of Jonas that really shows how red he is! Kind of scary actually.
__________________
  #54  
Old 08-20-2006, 07:08 PM
linneatherose's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bowling Green, United States
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
Perhaps that is Princess Madeleine's and Jonas's was of showing commitment to each pther? After all a couple do not buy a puppy together unless they have a strong relationship.

May be they know someone who can walk it for them during the day?
I seem to recall reading that they had bought a yellow lab together in Sweden when they had first moved in together. What happened to this dog?
__________________
  #55  
Old 08-21-2006, 11:04 AM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by linneatherose
I seem to recall reading that they had bought a yellow lab together in Sweden when they had first moved in together. What happened to this dog?
Really? I have no memory of that... Maybe you're thinking of pictures of them walking a dog? That was probably the King Queen and Crown Princess' labrador or Princess Lilian's labrador.
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
  #56  
Old 08-23-2006, 02:56 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
I know what you're saying, and I've had dogs myself - so I know that they need routine and an active owner. But I think we should wait and see what Madeleine will be doing this autumn before we judge. If she would for example study something, then she would probably be living with the dog and have time to be with it. So I think we should wait and see, then we can judge.
Fair. Maybe Madeleine's schedule won't be that bad. Hopefully for that dog.
__________________
  #57  
Old 09-17-2006, 04:14 AM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
an article with interesting details about Jonas CV and what he has done during his studies; http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=683455

When the magazine called him at Vinges office he said;
Thank you for your kindness of asking me. I hope you understand me and my situation. I´m sorry but I can´t give any interviews about my work or private life at the moment.


Working at Vinge since: 2006
Position: Biträdande jurist, Associate
Titel: Jur kand
Education: Stockholms University (jur kand, 2006)
Queen Mary University of London (Scandinavian Programme in International Financial Law 2005)
Working experience: Foreign Lawyer Trainee vid Holland & Knight LLP (New York, 2006)
E. Öhman J:or Fondkommission AB (1999-2006)
Co-founder and manager of a company mediating insurances in the Swedish market (2003-2005)
Other: Swedsec licensed securities dealer (2002-2006)
Language: Swedish, english
__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
  #58  
Old 09-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
an article with interesting details about Jonas CV and what he has done during his studies; http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=683455

When the magazine called him at Vinges office he said;
Thank you for your kindness of asking me. I hope you understand me and my situation. I´m sorry but I can´t give any interviews about my work or private life at the moment
smart move, lets hope he keeps this up if DI calls as well

Vinge has a picture of him next to his CV, I must say his CV is quite impressive beeing so young, Princess consort material
http://www.vinge.se/templates/Lawyer...87.aspx?l=2371
__________________
"Those who do not like you fall into two categories, the stupid and the envious"
-The Libertine
  #59  
Old 09-17-2006, 06:23 PM
mixer2002de's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 629
well maybe he was just busy with a new customer :) or he is just setting up is marriage contract with madeleine
__________________
Wanna see a real good movie, just download it:
http://www.archive.org/details/M_
  #60  
Old 09-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
smart move, lets hope he keeps this up if DI calls as well


Quote:
Vinge has a picture of him next to his CV, I must say his CV is quite impressive beeing so young, Princess consort material
http://www.vinge.se/templates/Lawyer...87.aspx?l=2371
On the first sight I´m agreeing with you. And I must admit, that I was pleasantly surprised to see, that he also did projects before he met Madeleine.
But what do we know about him? I can count with one hand´s fingers, what statements he has given in the past 4 years. Ok, this speaks for him, but it also doesn´t allow to get a detailed picture. Usually we just get to know things about his career, but IMO the perfect prince consort for a Swedish country needs a little bit more. Or to come faster to a point...IMO he has to be like Inaki Urdangarin...maybe a little bit more noble and a little more into a career apart from sports...but generally I would say, that a guy like Inaki is under the current trend of dating commoners, the right "prince consort material"
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström; August 11, 2009 LadyFinn Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill 314 04-25-2010 02:43 PM
Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström, Current Events Part 1: Aug 2003 - June 2006 Helen_ Current Events Archive 271 06-19-2006 09:04 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]