The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Also a welcome from me love36! Just as magnik said, from time to time, we will hear someone mention marriage, but I haven't heard anything serious. In my opinion Madeleine can find someone better! But, that's only me.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5090d.jpg

According to this article in Hänt Extra, Madeleine and Jonas has bought a Jack Russel pup called Zorro. They got it just before Victorias birthday.

cute :) Hope we´ll see some photos sometime

Old 08-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Nobility

Jacks are such cute dogs. I have two. I hope we will see pictures too.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Commoner

Jonas is gorgeous
Old 08-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5090d.jpg

According to this article in Hänt Extra, Madeleine and Jonas has bought a Jack Russel pup called Zorro. They got it just before Victorias birthday.

cute :) Hope we´ll see some photos sometime
On this photo I don't know why but Jonas reminds me Felipe of Spain
Old 08-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

you are right, Jonas looks very much like Felipe of Spain and I think Princess Madeleine looks a lot like the model Christie Brinkley.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspate
you are right, Jonas looks very much like Felipe of Spain and I think Princess Madeleine looks a lot like the model Christie Brinkley.
The other day I watched the engagement interview of Madeleine's father and mother, and was struck by how much the young Swedish king resembles Felipe of Spain. Mind you, they are distant family--both share Queen Victoria among their ancestors.

I've since then thought that Madeleine's sister Victoria's penchant a while back for Felipe might have to do with this--Freud would agree here!

As for the jack russell--they are great dogs but notoriously stubborn minded. In addition, all puppies need a lot of work, attention, time, none of which Jonas will have to spare when he starts his lawyer internship work which will yield 50+ hr work weeks.

What, in other words, were these people thinking getting a dog? It's not like Madeleine will have ample time on her hands either, as I'm sure there will be a lot of travel and Unicef-like gigs in her near future. I don't want to sound overly judgmental here about people I don't know, but by all accounts this is not the time for these people to get a puppy. It seems selfish of these two people to get a dog when in all likelyhood they won't have the necessary time to really commit to the animal.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Courtier

Perhaps that is Princess Madeleine's and Jonas's was of showing commitment to each pther? After all a couple do not buy a puppy together unless they have a strong relationship.

May be they know someone who can walk it for them during the day?
Old 08-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
What, in other words, were these people thinking getting a dog? It's not like Madeleine will have ample time on her hands either, as I'm sure there will be a lot of travel and Unicef-like gigs in her near future. I don't want to sound overly judgmental here about people I don't know, but by all accounts this is not the time for these people to get a puppy. It seems selfish of these two people to get a dog when in all likelyhood they won't have the necessary time to really commit to the animal.
Well the Royal Family loves dogs, so I guess that when Princess Madeleine and Jonas can't take care of it - they will have someone from the Royal Court to walk it, and if they're abroad maybe a friend or the King and Queen (and those who take care of their dog when they're busy) will take care of it.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know when Madeleine is supposed to be leaving New York and returning back to Sweden because I thought she was leaving this summer.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Well the Royal Family loves dogs, so I guess that when Princess Madeleine and Jonas can't take care of it
and therin lies the rub--with Jonas's new schedule, he won't have time, ever, for the forseeable future, to spend time, let alone quality time, with his new dog. How fair is that to the animal?

Quote:
- they will have someone from the Royal Court to walk it, and if they're abroad maybe a friend or the King and Queen (and those who take care of their dog when they're busy) will take care of it.
Dogs hate to be shopped around, they like consistency and routine, and of all things, what they love best is to spend time with the very people who he thinks are his tribe: the people he shares his home with. If you cannot offer that to a dog on a regular basis, a dog is not for you. Not even if you are Madeleine of Sweden, daughter of a king.
What I see here is two people who are used to purchasing whatever strikes their fancy, and to them a dog, a popular breed at that, is no different. If they love dogs so much, they should know better.

I would love a dog myself, but my schedule can be Jonas-like, with lots of work and travel and no time for family members, let alone a dog. Just because I can afford a dog, doesn't mean I should get one. I wish Madeleine would think the same, as a lot of people like to emulate what she does.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I know what you're saying, and I've had dogs myself - so I know that they need routine and an active owner. But I think we should wait and see what Madeleine will be doing this autumn before we judge. If she would for example study something, then she would probably be living with the dog and have time to be with it. So I think we should wait and see, then we can judge.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy

Just wanted to clarify, Princess Madeleine isn't in law school anymore right? Btw they should take it a little easy on the tan. There's a pic of Jonas that really shows how red he is! Kind of scary actually.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
Perhaps that is Princess Madeleine's and Jonas's was of showing commitment to each pther? After all a couple do not buy a puppy together unless they have a strong relationship.

May be they know someone who can walk it for them during the day?
I seem to recall reading that they had bought a yellow lab together in Sweden when they had first moved in together. What happened to this dog?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by linneatherose
I seem to recall reading that they had bought a yellow lab together in Sweden when they had first moved in together. What happened to this dog?
Really? I have no memory of that... Maybe you're thinking of pictures of them walking a dog? That was probably the King Queen and Crown Princess' labrador or Princess Lilian's labrador.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I know what you're saying, and I've had dogs myself - so I know that they need routine and an active owner. But I think we should wait and see what Madeleine will be doing this autumn before we judge. If she would for example study something, then she would probably be living with the dog and have time to be with it. So I think we should wait and see, then we can judge.
Fair. Maybe Madeleine's schedule won't be that bad. Hopefully for that dog.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

an article with interesting details about Jonas CV and what he has done during his studies; http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=683455

When the magazine called him at Vinges office he said;
Thank you for your kindness of asking me. I hope you understand me and my situation. I´m sorry but I can´t give any interviews about my work or private life at the moment.

Working at Vinge since: 2006
Position: Biträdande jurist, Associate
Titel: Jur kand
Education: Stockholms University (jur kand, 2006)
Queen Mary University of London (Scandinavian Programme in International Financial Law 2005)
Working experience: Foreign Lawyer Trainee vid Holland & Knight LLP (New York, 2006)
E. Öhman J:or Fondkommission AB (1999-2006)
Co-founder and manager of a company mediating insurances in the Swedish market (2003-2005)
Other: Swedsec licensed securities dealer (2002-2006)
Language: Swedish, english
Old 09-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
an article with interesting details about Jonas CV and what he has done during his studies; http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=683455

When the magazine called him at Vinges office he said;
Thank you for your kindness of asking me. I hope you understand me and my situation. I´m sorry but I can´t give any interviews about my work or private life at the moment
smart move, lets hope he keeps this up if DI calls as well

Vinge has a picture of him next to his CV, I must say his CV is quite impressive beeing so young, Princess consort material
http://www.vinge.se/templates/Lawyer...87.aspx?l=2371
Old 09-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Courtier

well maybe he was just busy with a new customer :) or he is just setting up is marriage contract with madeleine
Old 09-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
smart move, lets hope he keeps this up if DI calls as well

Quote:
Vinge has a picture of him next to his CV, I must say his CV is quite impressive beeing so young, Princess consort material
http://www.vinge.se/templates/Lawyer...87.aspx?l=2371
On the first sight I´m agreeing with you. And I must admit, that I was pleasantly surprised to see, that he also did projects before he met Madeleine.
But what do we know about him? I can count with one hand´s fingers, what statements he has given in the past 4 years. Ok, this speaks for him, but it also doesn´t allow to get a detailed picture. Usually we just get to know things about his career, but IMO the perfect prince consort for a Swedish country needs a little bit more. Or to come faster to a point...IMO he has to be like Inaki Urdangarin...maybe a little bit more noble and a little more into a career apart from sports...but generally I would say, that a guy like Inaki is under the current trend of dating commoners, the right "prince consort material"