The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
And maybe a spring wedding...Google Översätt
A spring wedding would be nice and would space out all the weddings nicely. Victoria's in summer, Nikolaos' in August and Madeleine's next spring. But too bad we would have to wait so long.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:41 AM
Nobility

no crisis according to Jonas Bergström (and Aftonbladet) Google Översätt

"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 03-05-2010, 05:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well-oh-well, those two big Swedish tabloids, 'Expressen' and 'Aftonbladet'... always at war with each other, always competing.
If 'Expressen' talks about a crisis, 'Aftonbladet' just has to write the opposite and deny any rumor - and the other way around.
Most helpful for any Bernadotte watcher in search of the truth...
Old 03-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Well-oh-well, those two big Swedish tabloids, 'Expressen' and 'Aftonbladet'... always at war with each other, always competing.
If 'Expressen' talks about a crisis, 'Aftonbladet' just has to write the opposite and deny any rumor - and the other way around.
Most helpful for any Bernadotte watcher in search of the truth...
he he ...yes yes, they are very trustful and the most ironic thing is that for example Mr. Nyhlen wrote on his blog (at SDT) about this "lovecrisis " and he also wrote that Madeleine and Jonas was sad and worried about all the press reports about the so called crisis ... But the thing is:Nyhlen himself is personally responsible for very much of the writing/talking in this subject! hmmm... Some kind of self-distance would be good ...
But if we read it with a chritical eye and ironic sense of humour its kind of entertaining
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 04-05-2010, 03:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen that he doesn´t believe that Madeleine and Jonas will get married this year. According to him Madeleine and Jonas haven´t been seen together in public for months. He wonders about why Madeleine went to Verbier with her friends without Jonas, although Verbier is the a favourite place to Jonas and Madeleine.
Johan T Lindwall: Madeleine utan Jonas vid sin sida - Expressen
Old 04-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to him Madeleine and Jonas haven´t been seen together in public for months. He wonders about why Madeleine went to Verbier with her friends without Jonas, although Verbier is the a favourite place to Jonas and Madeleine.
Johan T Lindwall: Madeleine utan Jonas vid sin sida - Expressen
Gosh, I really hope this isn't true. But I've noticed too that they haven't been seen together in months, unlike Victoria and Daniel. Madeleine said in an interview that the focus is not her but on Victoria's wedding right now, so maybe the strain of coming second place is hard on them. Or maybe Jonas is working really hard, as does Madeleine. But who knows, I hope news doesn't break that they called off their engagement.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy

I doubt Princess Madeleine and Jonas has broken their engagement off. Obviously the aim of that article was to sell it!

I think they are waiting for Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel to have their wedding before announcing Princess Madeleine and Jonas own wedding date, as not to take the shine off Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel big day.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Jonas has a job and maybe he can't take time off right now. He'll have to take quite a bit off when Victoria's wedding rolls around and also when his own wedding comes around.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen today:
Expressen
"The big quarrel of Madde and Jonas - don´t want to live under the same roof"
The article about Madeleine and Jonas:
Madeleine vill inte bo med Jonas - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Translation:
Google Translator: Madeleine does not want to stay with Jonas

I hope that this is just bad gossip.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:18 AM
Aristocracy

It´s very unlikely, there is not some truth in the story.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Nobility

Hola has similar article about the big quarrel of them

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_sue...trom/crisis/1/
Old 04-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Majesty

she will be in new york and seattle during a week each
april/may

the papers will get more to whright about they (jonas and madeleine) not havning time togather
Old 04-13-2010, 05:16 AM
Commoner

I just read in a paper that Queen Silvia had commented that there is not going to be a wedding for Madeleine and Jonas this year. :(

Same article in Expressen, translated: http://translate.google.com/translat...as&sl=sv&tl=en
Old 04-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisi View Post
I just read in a paper that Queen Silvia had commented that there is not going to be a wedding for Madeleine and Jonas this year. :(

Same article in Expressen, translated: Google Käännä

I hope the rumours about their crisis are not true, but if it is true, no need to hurry into marriage. They both are young, better split now and find someone else, than divorce later.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:53 AM
Nobility

i dont think that a women even if she is princess can have a crisis with the love of her live because he is ambitious and is focusing in his work to built a good carrier
i dont find that there is a big reason for this crisis
Old 04-13-2010, 06:43 AM
Nobility

Hello Magazine also has an article about Queen Silvia commenting that there will be no wedding for Madelaine and Jonas in 2010.

Princess Madeleine will not marry Jonas Bergstom this year, says Queen Silvia - hellomagazine.com

Don't know how reliable the site is though - there articles aren't always accurate.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:16 AM
Courtier

It has been reported widely in the press that the Queen has commented that there will be no wedding for M&J this year and apparently she has also stated that Madeleine deserves to have some quiet time before her own wedding since so much is going on. According to the press she also said everything is o.k. between the couple.

I would like to see a video where HM comments the issue or a more official announcement (although I doubt that the court will be making any such announcement) to be completely sure about the authenticity of this statement. However, judging by all the comments relating to the issue and by how widely the Queen's statement have spread and been published, I would say it is most likely true. If the court and the royal couple firmly state otherwise then the wedding might still happen this year.

As I've understood it the date of Madeleine and Jonas' wedding hasn't been set in stone anyway, so it would not be that unusual if the wedding was postponed to next year. I can only imagine how difficult and unnerving it would be to prepare your own wedding while your older sister would be preparing her own at the same time! It might also irritate her somewhat that her sister will naturally be in a bigger spotlight and have a larger and more luxurious wedding than her, no matter how funny that sounds (naturally she knows her position in the family). After all, every woman in a way wants to be the center of attention on their wedding day. If her wedding would be on the same year as Victoria's, it would still be considered as the "second wedding" of the year. I hope I've been able to explain what I mean clearly enough.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Courtier

I think, if Expressen (although not the most reliable source in the past) states, that the Queen herself is quoted, then it MUST be true. Expressen cannot afford "faking" an interview/quote with the Queen.

Nevertheless this "cryptic" answer leaves a bad feeling in me.... she could have said it differently and more clearly, if ther is really NO ISSUE around the couple and if EVERYTING is perfectly allright.

Catharina, I completely agree to your comments about being the "small" sister and thus not having such a large wedding as the crown princess. Also another statement, that everybody prefers a spring/summer wedding instead of a autumn/winter wedding. But I fear, that there is really more behind this "no wedding 2010" message.

In case there are really dramatic difference between the couple, of course it is better to find out BEFORE the wedding, than afterwards.....
Just curious: In the past: in which royal house did it happen in the last century, that an engagement has split?

Bye Bine
Old 04-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Have they started renovations on the manor house/castle that Madeline & Jonas are to live in ??? If the do call the wedding off will Madelikne still move into the renovated home ??
Old 04-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think that the first comment and interview of Queen Silvia was at Aftonbladet
Drottning Silvia: Inget bröllop mellan prinsessan Madeleine och Jonas Bergström – i år | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
To me it is interesting, that the Queen used the word "tyvärr" - unfortunately there won´t be a wedding this year. It makes me think that there is a change of plans. She could have just said that the wedding would be next year.
Madeleine made to wait for royal wedding - The Local

Jenny Alexandersson, who blogs at Aftonbladet, says that is isn´t a secret anymore that Madeleine and Jonas have a crisis at their relationship.
"De har en kris i sin relation" - Aftonbladet
Daniel Nyhléns blog at SvenskDam, he wonders if there is ever going to be a wedding.
Nu spricker den rosenskimrande sagan | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg - Svensk Damtidning