The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Thumbs up Night out

Princess Madeleine looks to have really enjoyed herself! :)

Old 03-07-2005, 07:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

The king likes Jonas Bergström!
Apparently Madeleines boyfriend Jonas are the kings favourite among the royal boy-and girlfriends. Rumours says that the King and Jonas sometimes sits at Solliden and takes a nightcap together.
"A hell of a good guy" the King has said to one of his friends, according to www.mingel.se

Old 03-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Commoner

Tanks so much Yennie! How exciting and interesting. Do you think this increases our chance of a Swedish royal wedding in the future?
Old 03-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

well, this perhaps should be considered as gossip, but hey, it must have "come from somewhere" :)
Imo Jonas and Madeleine is the perfect couple... But they are so young so I think we will have to wait some years for an engagement
Old 03-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, very interesting Yennie.
I´m surprised, my guess was, that Emma is the favourite of the king (1. Emma, 2. Jonas, 3. Daniel) I´ve thought Jonas B. is too much of an "high achiever" for the king.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

You surely remember the discussion we had on Daniel Westling´s högskoleprovet (the test you can do in Sweden, when you want to go to university. When you have a very good result you have better chances to get into popular courses)You can reach results between 0,0-2,0 points...Daniel W. had 0,1 points and that´s really bad...almost impossible to "score", when you make the test seriously. Now Aftonbladet has again published the results of famous Swedes and Jonas is now among them. He has reached 0,7 points. I must say, I´m quite surprised. Wasn´t Jonas always described as ambitious high achiever with top grades?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...629085,00.html
Old 04-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Commoner

Is that the Swedish version of the SAT's or ACT's???... I took the ACT last year and I scored a 45 I was so proud of my self.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine was not allowed to get engaged to her boyfriend Jonas Bergström. They were on a romatic holiday in Paris and wanted to get engaged. But the King don´t allows this.
- They know her father would never approve of that. No way, says a source.

Madeleine and Jonas have been together for more than two years.
A week ago that were on a secret holiday in Paris.
- They just enjoyed eachothers company. They didn´t cared about the bodyguards they had with them all the time. Madeleine and Jonas went shopping and had dinners together.
- They are still in the "new love" stadium, but at the same time they wants to take their relationship to a higher level.
Madeleine and Jonas really wants to get engaged.
- They have not tried to hide this amongs us, their friends. Everyone knows they wants to and we all think they are meant to be together.

But The King dont approve of these plans.
- For him its a thing that is just not possible. '
Its not that he dont like Jonas, he really likes him. He is the perfect partner for his daughter.
The reason is that the according to the "royal rules", Madeleine cannot get engaged before her older sister.
- It would look very bad if Madeleine got engaged before the crown princess have decided whom she wants to spend her life with.

www.expressen.se
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paris2005.jpg
Views:	3747
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	131201  
Old 04-24-2005, 07:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

All the Norwegian papers have the story about Madeleine not beeing allowed to Marry because Victoria has to marry first, guess Lindwall did not follow the danish, dutch, belgium, and spanish royal house where the heir did not marry first

Some good comes from having a weekend job you really dont like, I got my hands on the weekend edition of Norwegian Se og Hør without having to risk beeing seen buying it , they have a picture of Madeleine and Jonas in Paris. The article says Madeleine was buying clothes fro Jonas, they visited several exclusive boutiques, but only the mens departments. Personally from looking at her jeans I think she should have bought something for herself aswell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ingrid0001.JPG
Views:	3071
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	131199  
Old 04-24-2005, 07:48 AM
Nobility

"The taming of the Shrew" springs to mind (and for those who aren't familiar with the scribe - "10 things I hate about you") Not that CP Victoria is a shrew though!! But the problems are similar:)

Old 04-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just noticed one thing, it looks like Madeleine got holes in her jeans?!
Nothing wrong with that :) but I never thought Madeleine had that style...
it could be something in the picture aswell....
anyone else see it?
Old 04-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

The jeans she is wearing is nice ^___^ i love slightly rugged looking jeans i think Madeliene looks great in them too bad royals don't wear them often because they would look good in them ^__^
Old 04-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for translating so much and for scanning the pictures Yennie, also thanks for scanning Larzen (this mysterious job has clearly advantages :p )
I would say the story is a typical Expressobladet-Sunday-story. Then they always try to come up with something "big". As Larzen has said, it´s absolutely common that siblings marry before the heir (even the king´s sisters married before him). And I would say a crown princely wedding is in all ways (guests, programme, historical importance...) so very different from a princely wedding, that all ppl see and feel, that it is the "bigger wedding". So I guess when Madeleine would say "dear Pappa, Jonas is the only one. I want to be his wife as soon as possible", he wouldn´t hesitate. It´s no big secret, that Madeleine is daddy´s "little" girl and gets all, what she wants.

To the jeans...I´ve a strong feeling jeans with holes come again. Must have been more than 10 years, since they were popular for the last time. At least I remember that I´ve worn them at 11/12. And do you remember the jeans, which were cut with scissors and then the cut ends were frayed (Victoria and Madeleine have worn such short jeans in Mallorca in 1993). I hope they never come again!
Old 04-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

I know that the story is coming from Expressen, but it is possible that the King seriously wants Victoria to marry first as heir. I know that many siblings have married before the heir and that many royal houses don't have an issue with it, but it is possible that the King of Sweden would like to specifically see his heir get married first before all other siblings.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Thumbs up Yennie

Thank you Yennie for translating the article into English, it is great for us who can't understand Swedish.Who knows maybe they will get engaged in 2006?
Old 04-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Madeleine & Jonas - Current Events Part 2 (April 2005 - June 2006)

Time to start a new thread on princess Madeleine and her boyfriend for 2.5 years, Jonas Bergström. To read the old thread go to:
Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström, Current Events Part 1: Aug 2003 - June 2006
Old 04-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Time to say goodybe and hello in a new thread

We are on page 10-time to close the thread. Thanks to all, who have participated, and feel free to go on with the discussion in the new thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...659#post203659
Old 04-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I know that the story is coming from Expressen, but it is possible that the King seriously wants Victoria to marry first as heir. I know that many siblings have married before the heir and that many royal houses don't have an issue with it, but it is possible that the King of Sweden would like to specifically see his heir get married first before all other siblings.
Yes, you could be right. Maybe this is something, that the king just prefers (some prefer red as colour, some blue...some prefer the bike over the car etc.). And maybe he has told his children once casually, that he would prefer, when Victoria would marry first. And if so, I guess Madeleine would accept it and there would be no conflict.
But as you say, it´s Expressen. And when we think of older articles and the often quoted friends, we have to see, that the friends either don´t exist or lie to the press or are very distant acquaintances. Actually Victoria & Daniel should marry this summer (both, Aftonbladet & Expressen had the story) but nothing like this happened (will happen).
Old 04-30-2005, 06:05 AM
Majesty

his sisters got married before him

and by the way is madeleine still quite young to get married
becouse i think if a engagement will be public then the wedding will be in a year
Old 04-30-2005, 06:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
his sisters got married before him
but they are all older than him....
I think it very well could be so, that the King wants his heir to marry first.
We´ll have to wait and see!