Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström, Current Events Part 1: Aug 2003 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Madeleine is well off and has some savings... I think also Jonas has got some money but as far as I know you could never read about that in the newspapers!

mixer2002de said:
At least Madeleine is well off and has some savings... I think also Jonas has got some money but as far as I know you could never read about that in the newspapers!

There is really not much information on his family. But since this yellow Pippi Longstocking-house in the pictures (from today) is located in Djursholm, I guess Jonas gets an nice amount of pocket money from Pappa Bergström.

Lena said:
There is really not much information on his family.
well the lousy tabloid reporters from expressen and aftonbladet than should do their jobs and find out!

i was watching that video clip above and Madeleine name in Swedish sounds like Madeleine in Spanish, is that it's pronounced?????? she has such a sweet lovely voice and so beautiful...

New Madeleine-and-Jonas sighting:

Madeleine and Jonas´ romantic dinner
It was just past 9.30 on a saturday evening. At a window table at restaurant Sturehof Madeleine and Jonas had dinner togehter.
It was no extravagances such as champagne and shellfish, just a quiet dinner with a loved one.
But it wasnt all private, considering the choice of the window table at Sturehof.

www.mingel.se

Are there any new pictures of them together? They are such a cute couple. :)

I havent seen so many photos of them, or Madeleine by herself for that matter lately... the last one I can remember is the one of them in Paris

2 photos of Madeleine and Jonas that I hadn´t seen before... the one with Madeleine in a black vest is from october 2004 and the other one could be recent...

Attachments

• gärdet200410042.jpg
    gärdet200410042.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 4,488
  • workingout.jpg
    workingout.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 4,393
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this article has not been posted yet: http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,666974,00.htmlVännerna: Madde är trött på Jonas

Foto: PER-OLOF SÄNNÅS

"Maddes" tidigare kärlekar

1. Mattias Trotzig, 27
Madeleine blev tillsammans med pr-konsulten Mattias Trotzig under en födelsedagsfest på restaurang Hasselbacken i Stockholm.
2. Pierre Ladow, 23
Hade en kortare flirt med Madeleine
i S:t Tropez på Franska rivieran. Bilderna när prinsessan, endast iklädd en bikini, kysste Pierre på en lyxbåt fick kungaparet att gå i taket.
3. Erik Granath, 26
Erik lärde känna Madeleine genom prins Carl Philip som han var bekant med genom privatskolan Lundsberg. Erik och Madeleine blev ett par 2001, men dessvärre svärtades Eriks rykte av att han dömdes för misshandel
NYHETER-01s07-jonas-685_368.jpg

The picture above shows Jonas with his and Madeleine's friend Dag Werner and Natalie Rosta

No, this article wasn´t posted before...it´s "brand-new". It would be nice, when you would give a summary. :)

Being able to read it, I can already say my opinion :p Strangely ("strangely" because it´s from Aftonbladet) I believe every single word. What I´ve seen Jonas is often out without Madeleine. I can also imagine him being jealous. And to be honest I´ve never seen them as married couple. When they would break up, then I wouldn´t be surprised. When Carl Philip and Emma or even Victoria and Daniel would break up, then this would shock me much more.
On an other board, I´ve explained 2 days ago (it seems the author of the article and me have some kind of coordination ;) ), why I think, that they won´t marry. Lazy me will copy that ;) :
Well, mainly it´s just a feeling. I think Madeleine is still in this "it´s so nice to have a boyfriend too"-stage. (Almost) All the girls in her circles of friends have boyfriends, and like Jonas they all fit like the pieces of a puzzle into their "social network".
I don´t jump for joy over Daniel Westling (well, as usual I should add, that it´s most important how the main protagonists of this love story feel)...out of many reasons, but that Royals marry just within the high society doesn´t seem like a solution for me either...and I guess Madeleine is smart enough to realise that.
Besides I think, that a lot of water will run down the rivers until Madeleine has finished her studies and has found a task in life. I think she won´t marry before that, and this can take time. And if a relationship of almost 3 years can stand a few more years of concubinage is questionable.
Well, just my opinion (as much worth as the trash in tabloids
tongue.gif
wink.gif
)

Rough translation of the article provided by Cissan
Madeleine and her boyfriednd Jonas Bergstrøm has a serious love crisis. The relationship is on the verge of beeing over. One of Madeleiness friends says Madeleine thinks it will be nice when Jonas goes abroad.

Madeleine and Jonas love troubles are well known in the inner circle of friends. Since a time back Madeleine does not see her best friend Lussan so much (as has been noted here). Lussan in single and a very attractive catch amongst the societyboys at Stockholms posh partyplaces

I Madeleines circle of friends many thinks she goes slumming\degrades herself (not the best of translation) if she goes out ontown with Lussan. Her boyfriend Jonas would prefer that they have dinners with their friends Dag Werner and Natalie Rosta, the couple that introduced them

Jonas gets jelaous and dont find it appropriate for the Princess to spend her nights on bars\resturants\discos with her singel friend a "source" tells
Madeleine is not amused with her boyfriends demands. When she has attended royal family meetings and weddings, Jonas has been surrounded of young women at the posh bars in Stockholm. Reports of her boyfriend wild partynights soon reached the Princess. Madeleine is tired of it all and thinks it will be nice when Joans would go to London to study

Madeleines friends has been dived in two camps, those who gives Jonas the "thumbs up" and those who find his behavious inappropriate.

-You can put such demands on a Princess, she is a "lallare" (dont know what that is:confused: ) and behaves as she like says one source.

-Bull**it says another one, Jonas is a great guy that only wants the best for the Princess

Yesterday the couples friends Ulf Frederik von Roth and Fredrik af Klercker had a birthdyparty, at the menu was lobster and champagne as well as booze. (veryy classy:cool: )The Party lasted long into the night, all the Princess friends and Jonas Bergstrøm was there but not Madeleine

All i will say is that Madeleine has herself decided to surround herself with the posh upperclases of Stockholm, many who I suspect does not know the meaning of a hard days work. I dont know about Jonas background but I suppose it easy to be dragged into that sort of lifestyle. The article comes curtesy of Daniel Nyhlen so I suppose one has to doubt the content and his as usual unnamed sources.

Last edited:
Larzen

From what I know Larzen, Jonas comes form a wealthy middle-class family.

Gita said:
From what I know Larzen, Jonas comes form a wealthy middle-class family.

Hm, I would count him already to the upper class. Ok, he´s not an as big fish as e.g. the Perssons (H&M) or the Kreugers, but when one is a constant part of the party scene around the Stureplan (what he already was before Madeleine) and whose parents have a villa in Djursholm, IMO can´t be called "middle class guy". I would rather call ppl like Daniel´s parents "middle class"...at least in a "Swedish context"

Thank you for the translation, Cissan. I just wonder from where Larzen had it :confused:

Yes, it´s "made by Nyhlén" and I didn´t wanted to mention it, because I´ve said, that I believe it :D

When posting an article in another language than Swedish, please provide a translation or at least a summary of it. If you don't speak the language of the article you post, please ask if someone can help you and do the work. This is a forum which should be open to all, and it means English is our language.

GrandDuchess, Lena & Josefine - as moderators

Larzen said:
What do you mean, I translated the article Cissan posted into english myself:confused:
Yes, thank you Larzen. This was a reminder to Cissan not to post a whole article in Swedish without providing a translation or summary, or asking for help before posting or when posting.

Sorry

Sorry, I thought he was middle-class. :( :eek: :confused:

Gita said:
Sorry, I thought he was middle-class. :( :eek: :confused:

Well, it´s all a question of definition...Donald Trump would probably say about the Bergström´s, that they are as poor as church mice ;)

At least Madeleine and Jonas still spend time with each other. And even cuddle in the pedestrian zone. The pics (I wish we would have them bigger...and without watermarks...and I wish we would also see, what the big sister is doing ;) ) are from the 27th of June and from Eastnews.

Attachments

• len1.jpg
    len1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,205
  • len2.jpg
    len2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,218
  • len3.jpg
    len3.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 5,737
  • len4.jpg
    len4.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,556
Thank you Lena!
Nice to see them together again

What does "lallare"* in the Aftonbladet-article mean? Has anyone an idea? Neither Larzen does know it, nor GD. One would assume, that journalists would use words, that ppl can understand ;)

*- Du kan inte ställa krav på en prinsessa. Han är en "lallare" som håller på så här, säger en av dem

Lena said:
What does "lallare"* in the Aftonbladet-article mean? Has anyone an idea? Neither Larzen does know it, nor GD. One would assume, that journalists would use words, that ppl can understand ;)
*- Du kan inte ställa krav på en prinsessa. Han är en "lallare" som håller på så här, säger en av dem
When I hear the word lallare/lalla I think of someone who is fooling around or is trying to do something, but doesn´t succed or does it good.

Yennie said:
When I hear the word lallare/lalla I think of someone who is fooling around or is trying to do something, but doesn´t succed or does it good.

Slowly the puzzle is solved. :) I´m just not sure, how to see the connection between your definition and the sentence :D :confused:

Lena said:
Slowly the puzzle is solved. :) I´m just not sure, how to see the connection between your definition and the sentence :D :confused:
me neither :)

One thing that "bothers" me is that this so called friend said:
You cant make demands on a princess (perhaps someone with better english could help me translate it!)

Whats up with that?! Just because she´s a princess her boyfriend cant say something when she does somethings wrong?!
hmm...

Yennie said:
me neither :)

One thing that "bothers" me is that this so called friend said:
You cant make demands on a princess (perhaps someone with better english could help me translate it!)

Whats up with that?! Just because she´s a princess her boyfriend cant say something when she does somethings wrong?!
hmm...

I agree here. I hope and guess this was just from a distant "friend" or acquaintance. It would be a shame, when Madeleine´s close friends would think this way...

Lena said:
I understand it as meaning that Madde is a fun-loving girl or a crazy chick. Not in a offensive way, more like you would talk about a young person who wants to play around and have the most fun possible and make some silly experiences before settling down. So I think the sentence means Madde does not like beeing restrained in her liberty and is not used of beeing sermoned for a behavior anyway, as she is a princess.

I don't think that looks like Madde tough.

"Problems"

Thanks Yennie. What were the "problems" in their relationship?

Gita said:

I've read in the Swedish magazine, Svensk Damtiding, that Madeleine was tired of the calm life with Jonas and that she missed going out with her friends and party. She felt Jonas was boring. The magazine guessed that the relationship would end when Jonas goes to London to continue his law studies.

But I've also experienced that this magazine isn't a particularly reliable source in these matters (one week it's over and out, the next week no problems at all!) The reason I keep reading these magazines is because there is very little on royalty in Norwegian magazines, and I take what I get, even though I read them with a sceptical eye :)

I´m not sure. In a article a few weeks ago it said that one of the reasons was that Madeleine went clubbing with her single friend Lussan, and that Jonas didn´t approve of that. He wanted to stay at home and have quiet dinners with their "couple-friends" instead.

In the article I posted above, it says that another reason to belive there is a crisis is that Jonas was seen alone at different clubs and parties. When two friends of Madeleine and Jonas celebrated their birthdays Jonas came to the party alone.
"Madeleine was devastated and felt like she was loosing control" (of the relationship?) said a friend.
"For the first time it was like they were going in different directions and disagreed on several things".

So perhaps we shouldn´t take this to seriously... Its Aftonbladet you know :)

Thank you yet again Yennie!

Thank you so much Yennie, you are a star! :) I guess we should not take what is written about them too seriously. After all Madeleine and Jonas are the only one's who know the truth in the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom