The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Majesty

swedish gossip magazines think that Madeleine and Jonas are engaged
picture

my quastian do ou think they can be engaged for a long time before its officail? becouse madeleine have to get the go head from the king and goverment.

Old 05-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Josefine@May 16th, 2004 - 1:20 pm
swedish gossip magazines think that Madeleine and Jonas are engaged
picture

my quastian do ou think they can be engaged for a long time before its officail? becouse madeleine have to get the go head from the king and goverment.
O, please. It´s probably like the ring that supposedly Daniel gave to Victoria that was proof of their engagement. It´s a gift from her father most likely.

Old 05-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Hm... I´m sure most Royals are secretly engaged before they have asked the monarch or government...especially when they know, that there wouldn´t be any problems...I mean so far Jonas seems to be the perfect candidate and as law student he probably has a clean slate... though I can´t imagine that they are engaged...she´s still a way too young.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:05 AM
Royal Highness

is Madde still bsuy with university?

what's Jonas doing these days to stay out of trouble - any summer work lined up?
Old 05-20-2004, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Both Jonas and Madeleine are still studying. Madeleine is about to finish her "C uppsats" and Jonas is still in law school.
Usually university students starts their holiday the first week of june (like myself :P)
Old 06-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Royal Highness

I agree with your observation about Jonas .... but what else would one expect from a high-born rich kid doing law and having Len as a girl-friend?

Mind you, that is an interesting question, is Len drawn to high-achievers ?
Old 06-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 14th, 2004 - 7:37 pm
I agree with your observation about Jonas .... but what else would one expect from a high-born rich kid doing law and having Len as a girl-friend?

Mind you, that is an interesting question, is Len drawn to high-achievers ?
Erik was not a high achiever unless I missed something.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Royal Highness

Well ... its known that ladies like rogues. How about if we agree that Len is entitled to a learrning curve?
Old 06-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Erik was not a high achiever unless I missed something.
I would say Eric was part of Madeleine´s post-adolescence-defiantness-phase

And talking about LEN...I would say she has searched for a guy looking like Pappa-kungen AND being "good" enough to take her away from this "lazy rich girl"-image
Old 06-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Majesty

Yes. I can see that. He was not the most stable choice. He was a "wild" choice as it were.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Gentry

You're right Lena, Jonas isn't nearly as gorgeous as CARL PHILIP!!! I really think I need to move to Stockholm with men like that running around!!!
Old 06-27-2004, 01:41 AM
Aristocracy

I apologize for my ignorance, but what is Jonas` backgound? Is he from decent family? How did he get to meet the princess?
Old 06-27-2004, 02:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
julial  Posted: Jun 26th, 2004 - 9:41 pm

I apologize for my ignorance, but what is Jonas` backgound? Is he from decent family? How did he get to meet the princess?
He is from the upper-class / upper-crust of Swedish society.

As I remember, they started going out after a ski trip ... where they met?
- probability in chatting with her friends, something was arranged, is what I imagine.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine and Jonas are now back in Sweden. They are now spending some <a time with Jonas family in their summer house in Skåne...

on the 4th of august they went to Helsingborg to see the famous "summer play" at Fredriksdals teathre with actress Eva Rydberg.
Madeleine loved the play and was seen laughting alot :)

closeup of Madeleine. Taken on august 4th in Helsingborg

Madeleine in Skåne on the 4th of august
Old 08-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Majesty

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=166710

Här gömmer sig Madeleine

Här är prinsessan Madeleines nya, skånska semesterparadis.
I sommarhuset på Bjärehalvön njuter hon av lugnet med pojkvännen Jonas Bergström.
Paret har badat, varit på cykelturer – och sett Eva Rydbergs sommarteater i Helsingborg.

picture
Old 08-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Courtier

The top Madeleine is wearing is nice in these pictures. But man, this girl needs to get out of the sun! How is it that someone so young does not know the hazards and health risks of so much exposure to sun? Someone Madeleine's age growing up would've been bombarded with messages about harmful UV rays, the importance of sunblock, and skin cancer yet Madeleine seems to not care or is ignorant of such matters.

Old 08-31-2004, 05:50 PM
Majesty

Any news on Jonas and Madeleine
Old 09-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

no news... but the school started today so perhaps we´ll see some new pics of them soon!

and some gossip, a little old but still fun :)
A few weeks ago when Madeleine and Jonas visited his parents and stayed in their summer house in Skåne, they went to Båstad and spend a day at a spa, together with Lussan Gottlieb.
In between the different spa thretments Madeleine read the swedish girly-mag Hennes...
After the girls made a quick stop at the bank to get some cash and then they dined at the restaurant "Kattegatt". And later that night they went to see Gyllene tider in Halmstad
Old 10-05-2004, 07:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nu slipper de insyn

SESSAN SPATSERAR MED SIN SAMBO Prinsessan Madeleine och pojkvännen, förlåt - sambon, Jonas Berg-ström tog en skön höstpromenad hand i hand på Gärdet i går. Kungafamiljens labrador fick också följa med.
Madeleine flyttar in i Jonas nya lägenhet
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/04...rag-97_368.jpg

www.aftonbladet.se
Old 10-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the article (I haven´t seen it online) Yennie. So again a picture of Carl Philip´s "fashion role models" *coughing*. Isn´t this Jambo...Victoria´s dog (actually her father´s dog, but the dog is mostly at her apartment)? Why do we never see Victoria and Daniel together with the dog? Has Daniel´s troubles with him, is he jealous And where are Victoria and Daniel. We see new pictures of Madeleine and Jonas, but nothing new from V & D!

Closed Thread