Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström, Current Events Part 1: Aug 2003 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Cissan@Nov 17th, 2003 - 3:10 am
Madeleine and Jonas has a new apartment:

(expressen)

The article basically says that Madeleine and Jonas have moved to another apartment sinse their contract on the first one ran out. They like the new apartment very much. This week they're celebrating the 60th birthday of Jonas's mother.
Did they mention the size of her apartment... is that what 70 kvadratmeters is?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the flat measures 70 square meters. IMO not very tall. I would love to see the interior decoration.

"70 kvadratmeters" is 70 square metres, which is about 700 square feet, or more precisely 753 square feet.

However, the "measure" of area is different in Europe compared to the USA/Canada. Where in Canada the area pertains to the whole space, I know in Germany the bathroom (and I think the kitchen) are excluded. How it is in Sweden, Austria Spain or Portugal, I don't know.

In the US. the bathrooms are excluded.

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 18th, 2003 - 5:34 pm
"70 kvadratmeters" is 70 square metres, which is about 700 square feet, or more precisely 753 square feet.

However, the "measure" of area is different in Europe compared to the USA/Canada. Where in Canada the area pertains to the whole space, I know in Germany the bathroom (and I think the kitchen) are excluded. How it is in Sweden, Austria Spain or Portugal, I don't know.
That isn't very big for two people. Is rent in Stockholm very expensive?

But yes... I bet the interior decoration is nice. Ikea is Swedish, right? Or probably Madeleine doesn't need to rely on "cheap" furniture like Ikea.

Ikea is Swedish. Actually, apartments are expensive. But for those of you who are visiting Stockholm. The ideal time to go is in the summer. The hotels slash prices to where they are at weekends during the rest of the year. Therefore, out of season(which is fall, spring and I'd imagine winter when Sweden is very beautiful), and mid-week are the most expensive times for hotels. Now you can expect to pay 500 kr($65) for a room with a tv and a bathroom. Well, that's of the beginning of the year. However, Sweden's economy is doing rather well and certainly better than the Eurozone.

"Range Varies, for example:
From around £25,000 / $37,000 for a single family home
From around £25,000 / $37,000 for an apartment
From around £40,000 / $60,000 for a villa
From around £50,000 / $75,000 for a bungalow
From around £85,000 / $125,000 for city homes
Country homes vary from around £150,000 / $225,000"

"Tax is payable at the annual rate of around 1.5% of the properties regularly assessed value at 75% and will be charged on tax registered foreign ownership. Newly built homes or renovated homes are exempt for at least the first five years with the next five years at a reduction of 50%. Expenses for construction of buildings incur V.A.T at 25%.Wealth tax is charged at 1.5% of taxable amounts in excess of SEK 800,000 (£56,000 / $83,000). " :eek:

Originally posted by beebee@Nov 18th, 2003 - 5:51 pm

But yes... I bet the interior decoration is nice. Ikea is Swedish, right? Or probably Madeleine doesn't need to rely on "cheap" furniture like Ikea.
Sweden is generally expensive (and of course to live in the middle of a capital is always expensive)...but I don´t think Madeleine has to worry about that.
Madeleine wants to be interior designer, right?! So she should IMO design and construct the furniture. Nice imagination: Madde in blue dungarees, a splotch green colour on her nose, the hair in a frowsy pony-tail and a slave (alias Jonas), who has to do all the nasty operations.
And yes, IKEA is swedish, and the best thing, which the Swedes gave to us!!!! :woot:

i heard about that too.

however ... it wouldn't surprise me if Madde gets interested in soemthing else at University.

@Dennis: the range ... where did you get that from, and what does it apply to?

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 18th, 2003 - 6:12 pm

however ... it wouldn't surprise me if Madde gets interested in soemthing else at University.

in the male professors? :p

The article also said that the Ball to the Order of Innocence was Jonas' first official appearance as Madeleine's boyfriend. How lovely. :flower:

Se & Hör speculated that Madeleine and Jonas is close to an engagement now that he appered officially with Madeleine for the first time...
we´ll just have to wait and see :p

Who knows perhaps there will be a ring on the finger in the New Year?! Actually I think they make a nice couple but of course Madeleine is very young so maybe if they are still together is a couple of years time they may get married then.

I agree with you, Gita. Madeleine is to young to get married.
She is only one year older than me and I cant imagine getting married right now :p

I am your age (20) and I could never imagine getting married before the age of 26.

I think she's old enough to marry. I'm plenty ready to marry and I'm 22. My sister was married at 20. It must just be a difference between the USA and Europe.

I don't know. I'm 24 and I know that I'm not ready. I can't imagine someone else especially with all of the options that Madeleine has is ready.

In most cases, I gather, its a case of aping the role models (the parents).
- If they marry young, the kids marry young; and if they marry around age 30, then the kids marry around that age.

But there are exceptions all the time .... the main thing - I think - is the follow your gut instinct.

I don't think your age decides whether you're ready to get married or not. I think it's the relationship. I was 22 when I married my husband. But we had been living together for 4 years. And if you're not ready to get married after living together for so long I think you should break up. But that's just my opinion.

Well, about Madeleine I would say that since she and Jonas only has been a couple for about a year I don't think they're ready to get married. (just like Felipe and Letitzia btw :p )

I don't know Madeleine or Jonas so I can't say wether or not they are redy to wedd. I got married at 19 (I was a month away from being 20). I think it has to do with how mature you are. I don't know if it has anything to do with where you live that influences you. And by the way, I was not pregant or had we already had a child. We were/are in love and ready to start our live together. We have been married 3 years and are just now starting to try to have a child.

It must just be a difference between the USA and Europe.
I think you´re right. But ofcourse its individual aswell.
Maybe Madeleine will be extra "careful" since it isnt as easy for her to call the wedding off or split up because of her royal title

none of your busniess!

let her Madeleine and Jonas together because both been back since years ago! no matters she will gets married! when my cousin got married she really young i dont care she would get married and she have baby right now.

Sara Boyce

Of course it's none of our business whether Madeline and Jonas will get married and when, but it's fun to speculate and that's all that's going on.

And I don't think anybody was making any judgment calls about the "appropriate" age to get married.

Originally posted by Cissan@Nov 17th, 2003 - 12:10 am
Prinsessan Madeleines nya drömlya
I got a laugh out of Expressen's word to describe their new apartment.

"dream lair/den" :p

how long have they been living together ? were there lots of gossips in sweden about it when it was known that they were living together ? was it the same as haakon and mette-marit ? i can't believe why the royal family will agree to that.. spot any similarity with stephanie of monaco ? :eek:

She still register at the address at drottningholm, that means that her mail goes there
thi sis what I think she has her room at the castle, I think she spend much of her time at Jonas place probably has a drawer and toothbrush there,
Jonas moved to a new apartment but Madeleine do not have her name on the contract what i know of.

They have been living together since about late May of this year.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/ 10000. Stockholm, Sverige, 20031125. Princess Madeleine of Sweden has moved in to this house with her boyfriend Jonas Bergström in the Stockholm area Gärdet. The live in a two room apartment on the top floor.

Attachments

• 25_Princess_20Madeleine_2.jpg
    25_Princess_20Madeleine_2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 429
  • 25_Princess_20Madeleine_1.jpg
    25_Princess_20Madeleine_1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 327
  • 25_Princess_20Madeleine_3.jpg
    25_Princess_20Madeleine_3.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 275
How convenient ... a corner store (convenience store) at the bottom. I can hear it now ... "Jonas, dear, could you nip down and get a liter of whipping cream ..... and if you can find a some deluxe creme brulee, I could think about a treat to pass your way? Mind you, it has to be the deluxe brand... otherwise Mom will toss a fit." :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom