The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you Lena.... Aftonbladet isn´t exactly the most thrustworthy newspaper. And I think there´s always someone who wants 15 seconds of fame claming something like this...

But lets see it as entertainment :)

Old 12-06-2005, 12:49 AM
Royal Highness

When Madeleine gets married to Jonas or to whoever (a commoner), will she have to give up Her Royal Highness title like Martha Louise did? So will she just be Princess Madeleine of Sweden (and be Duchess of her dukedoms [duchessdoms?])?

Old 12-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
When Madeleine gets married to Jonas or to whoever (a commoner), will she have to give up Her Royal Highness title like Martha Louise did? So will she just be Princess Madeleine of Sweden (and be Duchess of her dukedoms [duchessdoms?])?
We can't know that now, especially since there is really no precedence from previous cases (the King's sisters are cases of the old days with old laws and the old way of the Royal Court). It will the King's decision, and I'm sure Princess Madeleine will have a say herself on how she wants it.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I personally would like she still retain her HRH, and make her husband-to-be a Duke of her dudekom (like the spanish did with their infantas), and really really hope she doesn't lose her HRH like Martha-Louise did..
Old 12-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
I personally would like she still retain her HRH, and make her husband-to-be a Duke of her dudekom (like the spanish did with their infantas), and really really hope she doesn't lose her HRH like Martha-Louise did..
I think it´s ok, that Märtha lost her "HRH". IMO to drop it, when a Royal decides to do own work is the best solution (IMO better than to refuse it at birth)
But I can also see the problem with "my best solution". Who would decide, how much work for the crown is enough work for keeping the H.R.H.
And when you drop it, where is to draw the line between the own life and royal related life. IMO Märtha is the best (worst) example, for what happens, when one mixes these 2 fields. She´s hardly working for the crown, enjoys all advantages of being a princess and has a job, which lives from her status as princess and daughter of the king
Better she would have kept the H.R.H and would perform more duties. But that´s just me and a little OT.
I just hope Madeleine will make a clear decision!
Old 12-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Royal Highness

I would like Madeleine to keep her HRH title too. I like what purple platinum said about making her future husband a duke. I know there is no precedent for it but I'm guessing this will come up in the next five years or so? And then there is also the question of her kids and what kind of titles they would receive if they were to have any.

Any recent news about Jonas and Madeleine?
Old 12-07-2005, 05:07 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I also prefer the spanish model. Madelaine keeping her HRH, her husband joining in in the dukedom and her children just commoners with their fathers last name. The belgian model is a bit to much I think (creating Astrids husband and children all HRH Princes of Belgium)
Old 12-07-2005, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

we can only hope she will remain a princess with HRH. i also hope after she finish her degree, she will do more royal duties, helping her sister with many engagements.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Royal Highness

I wish Madeleine would also do more official duties in the future. About Madeleine's future children, I wouldn't mind them being HH or a Duke/Duchess or something. I also think it's a bit excessive to just hand out HRHs. Do Madeleine and Jonas holiday together? Wasn't there a picture of them in Paris last year? Or was that in 2005? *confused*
Old 12-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Do Madeleine and Jonas holiday together? Wasn't there a picture of them in Paris last year? Or was that in 2005? *confused*
Yes they do... they´ve been to Marbella, Åre, London, Båstad and ofcourse Öland together...

Actually, one of the first photos we saw of them together were taken during a holiday, when they went to Marbella in Spain in april 2003.
The photo from Paris that I think you´re talking of, was taken in may 2005
Old 02-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Royal Highness

Is it me or did Jonas dye his hair? It seems to be much darker when he was watching hockey with Madeleine at Madison Square Garden in NYC. BTW, he's still studying in London right? This is just a little vacation to see Madeleine?

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1138708062
(Jonas with darker hair (I think!), he looked better in a lighter color IMO)
Old 02-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1138708062
(Jonas with darker hair (I think!), he looked better in a lighter color IMO)
I agree, he looked better with lighter haircolour... but perhaps its just the light or the quality of the photo that makes it look that dark...
Old 02-02-2006, 05:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

From Daniel Nyhlens Gossip page on TV4

He claims that sources has told him Madeleine and Jonas are planning to get engaged in New York. The source says: "Its getting closer, I know that Madeleine and Jonas has discussed it."

The King and Queen should be aware that Madeleine has decided that Jonas is the man she wants to share her life with
http://www.tv4.se/kandis/441571.html

But as we know The court has said there will be no engagement before the Kings birthday so I guess its not much to take notice of it other than to note it as gossip/rumours.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Courtier

Wedding

If Jonas and Princess Madeleine get married I think it will be in 2007 not this year.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
The court has said there will be no engagement before the Kings birthday so I guess its not much to take notice of it other than to note it as gossip/rumours.
Did the court say this specifically about Madeleine and Jonas or any of the siblings in general? So if it's true should we expect one after the birthday?:) If Madeleine gets married first, I hope she gives Victoria some inspiration.:p
Old 02-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Courtier

Wedding

Last December (2005) I think the Royal Court was talking about Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.

The King has said he does not want any of his children to marry before the age of 25 and Princess Madeleine does not turn 24 until june this year so I think if the do want to marry they won't be allowed to until 2007.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Royal Highness

I know the King said he didn't want any of his children to marry before the age of 25 but I'm sure if Madeleine and Jonas got engaged they could convince him. I agree though that it'll be 2007 if any of the children might possibly get married.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Courtier

Princess Madeleine and Jonas in Hellomagazine!

if you follow the link and click on "Romantic Royals" a pop-up photogallery will appear. Click on the arrows to view the photographs.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/special...006/index.html
Old 03-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Aristocracy

Madeleines triangeldrama

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=551953

What is this article about?? And who is the girl in the sixth photo?
Old 03-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Nobility

I think that girl is Jonas' ex-girlfriend.

Closed Thread