Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 9th, 2004 - 1:34 pm
Quote:
Baywatch Babe? Not for me
Then you exclude all these women-independent from their character, that you don´t know. Further I know you closer, so I think, that I can say, that I know your view point on this topic. You divide the female world in 2 parts. The huge Bimbo-part and the little classy women part. (The same with guys, but that´s not part of the discussion)
That is not so. I do not divide the world up that way. Geez, how do I say this? I have female friends who may not be considered beautiful women on the outside but if you knew them then you would like them as well. And they have beautiful personalities. And vice versa, there are beautiful women who may not be classy but who still are beautiful. I know a few of them too. They just have fun personalities. I see it must be "Gang up on Dennis Day".

Old 06-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

yes...yes, looking in my calendar it says it´s "Gang up on Dennis Day" (always the day and night before the Corpus Christi day) :P

Quote:
They just have fun personalities
This is the part, which indicates that what I´ve said. You divide them...IMO there aren´t just fun-personalities or just thoughtful personalities...it´s mostly a mixture of more features of character.

Old 06-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Majesty

Well, I just meant that I do not see people in divisions of beautiful + bimbo and non-beautiful+ classy + non-fun. Everybody divides up people some way. I do have friends who are thoughful and fun. They are a mixture. Sure. But there are some people who are justmore fun or some who are just more thoughful
Old 06-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:48 pm

Well, if you did that I would certainly look at her but I would also talk to her and maybe we´d hit it off because of our personalities. But that is not to say that I would not look at her. When I said Baywatch babe, I was thinking more of a body type then of their mere personalities.
So Vic does not look good? You do not like her looks? What attracts you then. Here are just images!
Old 06-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Majesty

Well, if I have to tell you, then you have not been paying attention. Now let´s get back to Lilian.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 9th, 2004 - 1:51 pm
Well, if I have to tell you, then you have not been paying attention. Now let´s get back to Lilian.
So you are not man enough to say: She looks good!

How poor!
Old 06-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Majesty

People are probably tired of me saying that. :P
Old 07-12-2004, 03:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Since there's been an absence of HRH Princess Lilian lately, I though I would honour this great stylish lady B) with some pictures from past to present:

HRH Princess Lilian with her beloved husband HRH Prince Bertil in 1995

HRH Princess Lilian in a close picture in 1995

HRH Princess Lilian awarding the Hasselblad Foundation International Prize in Photography 1999

HRH Princess Lilian awarding a prize from the building industry in 1999

HRH Princess Lilian with Queen Silvia on Queen Ingrid of Denmark's funeral in 2000

HRH Princess Lilian (so stylish&#33 and the Crown Princess on the airport to welcome the President of France in 2000

HRH Princess Lilian with Crown Princess Victoria on the banquet during the official French visit in 2000

HRH Princess Lilian awarding the Hasselblad Foundation International Prize in Photography 2000

HRH Princess Lilian with Mrs. Bernadette Chircac in 2000

HRH Princess Lilian at The King & Queen silver wedding celebrations in 2001

HRH Princess Lilian at The Sweden-America Foundation's Annual Meeting 2002, in the right corner

HRH Princess Lilian at the Nobel Prize Ceremony 2003

HRH Princess Lilian at Idrottsgalan in Globen in 2003

HRH Princess Lilian at the ELLE Awards 2003

HRH Princess Lilian awarding the Gastronomical Academy's Awards 2004

HRH Princess Lilian awarding the Gastronomical Academy's Awards 2004

HRH Princess Lilian with Fernando Di Luca (the man who brought olive oil into the Swedish food traditions) at the Gastronomical Academy's Awards 2004

One of my favourite pictures of HRH Princess Lilian
Old 07-12-2004, 05:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Published in Aftonbladet on 29 August 2000:

The Princess who steals the show
Just in time for her 85th birthday, she publishes the book about the love story of her life.

Humour and hard work, there you have Princess Lilian’s recipe to a safe and sound cruise towards the 85th birthday. She has experienced great joy. And great sadness. When it was as darkest after Prince Bertil’s death, there was a faithful friend at hand: Queen Silvia who moved in on a bed in the living room.

Just in time for Princess Lilian’s birthday tomorrow, the book about her life with Prince Bertil is released. The love story that is sharper than most soap operas. The passion started to develop one evening in 1943 when bombs and shells drenched London, and Prince Bertil courageously went through the smoking city to save young Mrs. Lilian Craig from the debris of a destroyed house. They then became secret co-habiters, and where not allowed to marry by the Royal House until 7 December 1976.

- I wanted to tell about our life together and why I loved him so, and so many others who seemed to have done it too; she says when walks in on her sharp heels to present her work.

No one in the Royal House were allowed to read the script in advance, but this weekend Crown Princess Victoria came to visit at Villa Solbacken and then Princess Lilian handed over the finished book.

“Victoria read it in a stretch”
- Victoria laid down on the floor and read the book in a stretch from cover to cover, tell journalist Omar Magnergård who is the co-writer and has put together the material.

Princess Lilian shines up a little extra when the royal children ate at speak. She and Prince Bertil became something of grandparents during Victoria’s, Carl Philip’s and Madeleine’s upbringing – and now it’s the youngsters who comes to visit and keeps in touch with cool “auntie Lilian”. During Victoria’s study time in the USA, letters and cards where constantly coming to Villa Solbacken.
- She’ll be and excellent Queen, so ambitious, interested and good.
Any advice on the road?
- Oh, I think she’s doing an excellent job already!

Keeps in shape with work
About her own role in the Royal House, Princess Lilian says:
- I work as hard as I can – and that’s the only way to keep young.
- And then it’s important not to forget the humour, like we laughed together, Prince Bertil and I.

On 5 January 1997, the laughter silenced in Villa Solbacken. Prince Bertil fell asleep for ever and Princess Lilian hold his hand in hers. In the book she writes about the endless grieve and the friend who became her big support.

Queen Silvia camped just beside
- Who do you think camped in a bed? Yes, Queen Silvia. Night after night. We talked and talked. Every morning Queen Silvia got up, kissed “auntie Lilian”, as she calls me, on the cheek and went into the office at the Royal Palace of Stockholm.
Ever since, the ladies talk on the phone every day.
- Yes, The Queen is my dearest friend, says Princess Lilian.

The 85th birthday tomorrow is celebrated with a reception in the afternoon. In the evening, the Royal House invites to a family dinner at Drottningholm. Surprises have been promised.

Lilian’s favourites:
Artist: Nat King Cole
Sports star: Stefan Edberg “my golden boy”
Food: Fläsklägg and rotmos (can’t translate this to English since it’s so Swedish)
Drink: Bloody Mary
TV series: Sunset Beach (I think she's the only royal who could confess that this is the fact...)
Old 07-12-2004, 05:39 AM
Majesty

Excellent photos and a great article. Thanks, Grand Duchess. Lilian is one of a kind.

Okay. The dictionary I have has Fläsklägg as the hand or knuckle of pork or of the pig itself. :P

Rotmoss is mashed turnips and potatoes.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the translation, GrandDuchess :flower:

Oh, how very nice of the Queen to stay overnight at the home of her friend in her darkest hours.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Happy birthday to Princess Lilian(30/8/1915-30/8/2004).She is now 89 years old.I hope that she will celebrate her big 90th birthday next year.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Courtier

Question Celebrations for a 90th Birthday

Do you lot think there will be any public celebrations for Princess Lillian's 90th Birthday next year?
Old 08-25-2004, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope that there will be happen.May be Princess Lilian is the present long-living Royal in Sweden.I hope that The Swedish will celebrate it.Or taking official photograph,appearing on the balcony...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PRINCESS LILIAN!!!!!!!!!
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

It depends on what you mean when thinking "official celebrations" - that I too hope will come next year for her 90th - but I'm sure she will be honoured in some way. For her 85th birthday she was honoured with a reception, and then a private dinner in the evening, and you could also sign a congratulatory book for her. I imagine there will be something similar to that, but maybe a bit "bigger and grander" since it's a landmark age to turn 90!
Old 08-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

89 years and counting on 90!
Old 08-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the photos, GD. I hope Lilian has a wonderful birthday surrounded by her friends and family.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Great photos GrandDuchess.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Majesty

Yeah, they are great photos. I like the one in the restaurant with the baby lion. And the ones with the royal children.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:01 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
I've been going through my library today, organizing and creating some order. I my collection, I found the copy of Princess Lilian's biography "Mitt liv med Prins Bertil" ("My life with Prince Bertil") that I read when it came out many years ago. So, to the point - I descided to upload some pictures from it to Photobucket, so yall can see them! There's a lot of great pictures in it, some that I don't think are available anywhere else...

Here we go:

Prince Bertil and Lilian in the beginning of their friendship, the 40's
A few months old Lilian in her mother Glady's arms
Lilian just turned 30, when she had known Prince Bertil for two years
A youth portrait of Lilian painted by Vasco Lazlo, which hangs in her home
Lilian with a friend and a dog
Prince Bertil and Lilian
Prince Bertil and Lilian at a restaurant in New York in 1956
Prince Bertil and Lilian at a masquerade and birthday party in 1968
Finally accepted at the Court! Lilian at King Gustav VI Adolf's 90th birthday 1972 at the Royal Palace
Crown Prince Carl Gustaf and Lilian with a baby lion at a restaurant in Sainte Maxime
Queen Silvia congratulates Lilian on her 73rd birthday
Prince Bertil and Lilian captured by the camera when they leave the hospital in Helsingborg in the fall of 1973 - just after King Gustav VI Adolf passed away there
Lilian with a young Princess Madeleine
Lilian with Prince Carl Philip
Lilian scratching her dog Bingo
Prince Bertil and Lilian receives a visit by King Gustav VI Adolf in Sainte Maxime
Prince Bertil and King Gustav VI Adolf
Lilian and dog Bingo on the steps to Villa Solbacken
Villa Solbacken
Lilian in her study at Villa Solbacken
Lilian in the garden of Villa Solbacken
Villa Solgården
Lilian on the golf course
Lilian with Queen Silvia and her late parents, Walther and Alice Sommerlath
Lilian with the royal children
Lilian at a visit to one of SOS Barnbyar's villages in Vilnius, Lithuania in 1997
Lilian at a visit to one of SOS Barnbyar's villages in Vilnius, Lithuania in 1997
Lilian opening an exhibition for SOS Barnbyar
Lilian in a Swedish grocery store, trying to find the words
The Queen, Prince Bertil and Nancy Reagan on her visit to Sweden in 1987. Lilian was also there, on a luncheon for Mrs. Reagan hosted by The Queen, but not in the picture
Lilian greeting Princess Margaret, in Sweden to open the "English Weeks" on NK in 1985
Prince Bertil and Lilian
Lilian with former tennis player Stefan Edberg (her "golden boy") at Stockholm Open in 1996
Lilain with the late Harry Belafonte and his wife
Lilian with Stevie Wonder in 1996
Prince Bertil and Lilian with Swedish artist Lasse Åberg on a graphical exhibition in 1979
Boris Jeltsin on his state visit to Sweden in 1997, flanked by The Queen and Lilian
Prince Bertil and Lilian at the meeting with the press, declaring their engagement in 1976
The wedding, 7 December 1976
Prince Betil and Lilian returning home after some time in the hospital
Prince Betil's coffin is taken to the last rest
Lilian at Prince Bertil's grave in the Royal Cemetery at Haga
How come Stefan Edberg became her golden boy ?

Closed Thread