The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Princess Estelle, News and Pictures Part 1: April 2012 - June 2014

Princess Estelle, Duchess of
Östergötland's News Thread, Part One
Commencing April 2012

The thread for the Princess' birth can be found here.
The thread for her christening can be found here.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Estelle gets a street named after her, as a gift from the Borgholm municipality, in connection with the baptism on May 22nd.

Since the crown princess couple had a daughter has the Borgholm municipality been thinking about what to give as a symbolic gift. There has been thought about a sculpture, a tree or a street. To rename the example Villa Street is not really good, says Leo Eriksson, the City architect and Director of Administration on Solliden.
- Then I came up with the idea that she would give name to the road leading from Villa Street, through the castle forest to the gates of Solliden, he says.
This particular road, which is about one kilometer long, has according to unconfirmed reports been called the Queen's Road and Beach Road on old maps.
- It shall now be called Princess Estelle's walk and will lead her to Borgholm that day she can walk there herself.
Future Borgholm and representatives from the municipality have been united around the idea. On Thursday also the Royal House accepted the proposal.
- The crown princess couple thought it was a nice idea. When the princess will be baptized on May 22nd, there will be a ceremony, but what kind of a ceremony hasn´t been decided yet, says Leo Eriksson.
Prinsessans väg leder till Solliden

Old 04-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

A lovely tribute for their future Queen.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Courtier

A lovely idea and a lovely name. The fact that it may also have been known ( on old maps) as The Queen's Walk is also very fitting as, in the future, she will be ... The Queen.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Courtier

The Royal Court has just released more details about the christening. You can also see a couple of new black and white photographs from the baby Estelle photoshoot on the page.

Dopet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

I couldn't find the page in English but it will probably be released soon if not there yet. I wonder if the photos will be released on the photo page later or not. I hope so!

P.S. I have the three new pics but not sure if I'm allowed to post them anywhere.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

The three pictures are so sweet. Especially the picture of the two ladies.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Amazing pictures .I love all of them , especially this one
here is link to HQ pictures and you can download
Pressbilder inför dopet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

New black and white pictures of Princess Estelle and her parents

Estelle and Victoria
Estelle, V&D 1
Estelle, V&D 2
Old 04-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Courtier

I love the new pics!

I can't help thinking there must be a lot of pics taken in that photo shoot! What I'd really love to see would be pictures of the grandparents holding little Estelle. There needs to be a picture of all of the four grandparents with the baby. That would be sweet.

I can't wait until next month for the two upcoming christenings...
Old 04-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post

New black and white pictures of Princess Estelle and her parents

Estelle and Victoria
Estelle, V&D 1
Estelle, V&D 2

Absolutely lovely!!! Touching.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Majesty

I thought the next photos were at the christning
seems to be taken at the same period as the first
Old 04-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Royal Highness

Aw, what adorable pictures. Victoria and Daniel, understandably, seem to be absolutely taken with their cute little girl.

I agree, pictures with the grandparents would be wonderful - how I would love to see Silvia with her little granddaughter. I'd also very much like to see pictures of Carl Philip and Madeleine with Estelle.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

So adorable, I'm excited for the christening.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Courtier

Oh my, I love these pictures even more than the ones that were first released Estelle is so cute and her parents look so proud!

There has to be a fourth photo in which Daniel is holding Estelle and Victoria is standing next to them. You can see it in the slideshow at the Christening website. I hope they will also release it in high quality.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Such beautiful pictures!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Fabulous pictures. There is something especially lovely about black & white pictures, classy, timeless, elegant. !
Old 04-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Serene Highness

The pictures are very lovely - but why publish the court "old" pictures taken 13th March 2012? The little princess is now 8 weeks!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria & Daniel von Schweden: Estelle macht sie jeden Tag glücklicher! - BUNTE
Old 04-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Such wonderful pictures!
The pictures of the entire family is lovely, but the image of Princess Victoria and baby Estelle is beyond cute or adorable - it's just priceless.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Royal Highness

What a beautiful baby and the parents seem absolutely enchanted by her.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

There was also a 4th picture, more difficult to find, I must say, I like it very much
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/har-...na-pa-estelle/

Tags
princess estelle