The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Nobility

Perhaps as in Denmark the children of Carl and Madeleine will be HH only and not HRH. In fact I wonder if any other children Victoria has will be HRH or HH. In Norway Prince Sverre Magnus is HH unlike his sister who is HRH(and if I'm understanding correctly the HH is only used in English while he is only called prince in Norway).

Old 05-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Majesty

when is the next time we will see estelle, i think at victorias birthday july 14th maybe when victoria is celebrated at Soliden or family photos at soliden

Old 05-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
Perhaps as in Denmark the children of Carl and Madeleine will be HH only and not HRH. In fact I wonder if any other children Victoria has will be HRH or HH. In Norway Prince Sverre Magnus is HH unlike his sister who is HRH(and if I'm understanding correctly the HH is only used in English while he is only called prince in Norway).
As far as I know the title HH doesn't exist in Sweden, and I doubt the king has the right to create it, so the children of Carl Philip and Madelene will either have the title of HRH or no title at all. I think it's the same in Norway, that's why Sverre Magnus have no title in Norway/Norwegian but he and his aunt and grandaunts have the courtesy title HH in English.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
when is the next time we will see estelle, i think at victorias birthday july 14th maybe when victoria is celebrated at Soliden or family photos at soliden
I guess that there could be either photos or a balcony appearance at the Swedish National Day on June 6th, and perhaps a short appearance at Victoria's birthday in the morning at Solliden, but I doubt she will take part in the afternoon celebrations at Skansen and on Öland.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
I guess that there could be either photos or a balcony appearance at the Swedish National Day on June 6th, and perhaps a short appearance at Victoria's birthday in the morning at Solliden, but I doubt she will take part in the afternoon celebrations at Skansen and on Öland.
i dont think there is a belcony apperence at nainalday-
i were thinking the one event at the morning for victorias day
Old 05-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Photos from 2nd May, when Victoria and Estelle were at the Park with Victoria's friend Caroline Nilsson and her children. One photo already seen, one new.
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8909/vicvappu1.jpg
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9571/vicvappu2.jpg

Ebba von Sydow's TV-program "Det kungliga dopet", "The royal baptism", it lasts an hour
Det kungliga dopet | SVT Play
omg! beautiful and sweet victoria with her baby!
she is very natural and relax. I so surprise because we can see estelle so many times since her birth to her christening. I am fan of the british monarchy and with they royal babies is rare the time we can see since the birth to the christening, the only one I remember was eugenie.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

As coffeeclaws kindly posted in the Christening thread, the Court has finally released official pictures.

- The Crown Princely Family with the Godparents
- The Crown Princely Family with the Grandparents
- The Crown Princely Family

- The King and Princess Estelle
- Three generations of Monarchs (current and future)

De officiella dopbilderna - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 05-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Majesty

i love that sweden does these generation photos, have we seen them in any other royal family?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
i love that sweden does these generation photos, have we seen them in any other royal family?
Quite a few of them, actually. Such group pictures have a very high historic value and symbolise continuity.

Britain:
- Three generations (Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Prince William)
- Four generations 1 (Queen Victoria, future Edward VII, future George V, and future Edward VIII - later The Duke of Windsor)
- Four generations 2 (Queen Victoria, future Edward VII, future George V, and future Edward VIII - later, the Duke of Windsor)

Denmark:

- Three generations (Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Christian)

Spain:
- Three generations (King Juan Carlos, Prince Felipe, Infanta Leonor)

Norway:
- Three generations (King Harald, Crown Prince Haakon, Princess Ingrid Alexandra)
Old 05-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

^yes, and the official royal site of Belgium has a picture in the top bar of King Albert, Prince Phillippe and Princess Elisabeth in the garden.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Courtier

I have to post my favourite generation picture here even if it is a little off topic:
Austria-Hungary in 1915: Emperor Franz Joseph I. with little Otto :-)

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8133/ottokaiserfj.jpg
Old 05-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Quite a few of them, actually. Such group pictures have a very high historic value and symbolise continuity.

Denmark:
- Three generations (Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Christian)
I also remember a 3 generation photograph which was nicer than this rather cartoonish painting. Christian was still a baby and sitting on his father's arm.

The christening photos are beautiful - as was the christening. They all look very happy, even the king despite his "I am the monarch" face. Perhaps they knew there would be a strong colour in the background (love that tone of red) and therefore all dressed in light colours which don't clash?
Old 05-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
I also remember a 3 generation photograph which was nicer than this rather cartoonish painting. Christian was still a baby and sitting on his father's arm.
You probably mean this picture.
I agree it's lovely, but I do like the portrait as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
I have to post my favourite generation picture here even if it is a little off topic:
Austria-Hungary in 1915: Emperor Franz Joseph I. with little Otto :-)
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8133/ottokaiserfj.jpg
I've always loved that portrait.
As long as Archduke Otto was alive, it felt like there was some special link to a bygone era, era of an Austrian Empire.

Really, really sorry for going off-topic!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I've always loved that portrait.
As long as Archduke Otto was alive, it felt like there was some special link to a bygone era, era of an Austrian Empire.
I agree wholeheartedly! To think that with Otto the - presumably - last person has died who knew Franz Joseph personally .....
Old 06-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to this blog, Daniel has been seen jogging with Estelle at Haga Park, Estelle at a jogging stroller, no photos to be seen.
Nya kungliga vrålåket « Trend o Träning
Old 06-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Serene Highness

I hope, we will see some Sollinden Summer photos with Estelle. This has always been "tradition" at the King and Queen, "showing" family life, while the kids were young. I hope that CPSS Victoria will continue this tradition.
BYe Bine
Old 06-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Royal Highness

Those Christening official pictures are magnificent. I loved them all, especially the one with the King and his little granddaughter. This child is precious and has such alert eyes for her young age.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizier View Post
Sorry if this has been covered on one of the very long threads, but when did children born to a Princess start getting royal titles in Sweden? Traditionally even in most monarchies that allowed women to succeed to the throne children of a woman who was not the sovereign or married to him were not automatically titled. This is true in the UK and in Spain, for instance. George VI had to make Charles a Prince by decree, b/c he wouldn't inherit any title from his mother and wouldn't inherit a princely British title from his father. I think in Holland the child/ren of a princess were given titles by the queen, but it wasn't an automatic thing.
That's a great post, Vizier.

With all the respect to Victoria and her new born daughter, I don't understand how a baby can already be a Princess, and actually a Duchess. That's ridiculous, those who introduced such " a law" lack common sense...
Old 06-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by monic View Post
That's a great post, Vizier.

With all the respect to Victoria and her new born daughter, I don't understand how a baby can already be a Princess, and actually a Duchess. That's ridiculous, those who introduced such " a law" lack common sense...
With all respect, this is one of the most ridiculous posts that I've seen here in a long time. With the exception of King Oscar I of Sweden (who became swedish prince at the age of 11) all sons born in equal marriages in Bernadotte dynasty received at birth the title Prince and were assigned a duchy by the King. Since 1980 Sweden has equal primogeniture, due to retroactive effect Victoria is the Crown Princess of Sweden, taking precedens over her younger brother who was Crown Prince for nearly 7 months. Victoria herself received the title of Princess at birth and was assigned her duchy on 9 January 1980 at the age of 2 years and 5 months. Both her siblings received the titles Prince/Princess and were assigned a duchy at birth. So it's only natural that the same thing happend with Estelle and will further continue with all her siblings.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizier View Post
Sorry if this has been covered on one of the very long threads, but when did children born to a Princess start getting royal titles in Sweden? Traditionally even in most monarchies that allowed women to succeed to the throne children of a woman who was not the sovereign or married to him were not automatically titled. This is true in the UK and in Spain, for instance. George VI had to make Charles a Prince by decree, b/c he wouldn't inherit any title from his mother and wouldn't inherit a princely British title from his father. I think in Holland the child/ren of a princess were given titles by the queen, but it wasn't an automatic thing.
I would like to attempt an explanation, with a little bit of lateral thinking: Estelle is the child of a princess but she is also the child of a prince.

Daniel was created prince of Sweden and Royal Highness at the time of the marriage; this was by decision of the King (and government). This is not automatic for the marriage of a princess. If i remember correctly for example when Madeleine was engaged to Jonas Bergstorm, the court said Jonas would have a courtesy title of Duke of Gastrikland (Madeleine's duchy), but he would not become a prince. In that case i would assume if the marriage had gone ahead, any children of that marriage would be Mr, Ms Bergstrom.

Of course i am no expert constitutionalist but this is a possible explanation; Estelle is the child of a princess and a prince; plus she is 2nd in line to the throne.

There is actually another somewhat similar case among European royal families: the children of Princess Astrid of Belgium. Since the new constitution in 1991 her children are prince(s) of Belgium. They use that (their mother's title) title as well as their father's archduke title. e.g. their oldest son is known as Amedeo, prince de Belgique, archiduc d'Autriche-Este.

Why Charles had to get a title by decree is interesting: Phillip was born a prince of Greece, he gave up that title, but was given a British princely title upon marriage. So why couldn't his child get that British title? Of course this was 60+ years ago... things have changed.

Tags
princess estelle