The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Yes, but in this case I really, really like the PR strategy here..... the RF is "feeding" the hunger of the Swedes (and me ) after more and more pics from the future heir.
I don't like their PR strategy. I think it's very "celebrity" and over the top.
They are a nice couple, their baby is very cute. But the way they market their baby (as well as the way they did market their wedding/love story) puts me a bit off.
We have just seen the baby on the balcony, next week we will see the pictures from the christening. I don't think there is any need or "hunger" for more pictures in between.
Estelle will be the future heir for a long time. I hope her parents will not continue their PR strategy when she becomes older. But they might be forced to do so because the media/people got used to it and demands it.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post
People worry too much about germs and such with babies, it's best to just relax and take reasonable measures to ensure the health and safety of your babe, of course.l
There are studies that points in the direction that a too clean and germfree environment are the cause of allergies.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
They are a nice couple, their baby is very cute. But the way they market their baby (as well as the way they did market their wedding/love story) puts me a bit off.
We have just seen the baby on the balcony, next week we will see the pictures from the christening. I don't think there is any need or "hunger" for more pictures in between.
Estelle will be the future heir for a long time. I hope her parents will not continue their PR strategy when she becomes older. But they might be forced to do so because the media/people got used to it and demands it.
If you look Ebba von Sydow's document "Before the baptism"
Det kungliga dopet | SVT Play
you can see that there is very much video footage of Victoria (and Carl Philip and Madeleine) when she was a child. And there are tons of photos of Victoria as a child. King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia gave a lot of photos to the media so that the paparazzi photos wouldn't be so interesting, when there was a lot of photos of their own available. Victoria and Daniel are using the same strategy as the king and the queen when Victoria and her siblings were children. Many royal experts said after the birth of Estelle, that that strategy would be the right one this time too.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
If you look Ebba von Sydow's document "Before the baptism"
Det kungliga dopet | SVT Play
you can see that there is very much video footage of Victoria (and Carl Philip and Madeleine) when she was a child. And there are tons of photos of Victoria as a child. King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia gave a lot of photos to the media so that the paparazzi photos wouldn't be so interesting, when there was a lot of photos of their own available. Victoria and Daniel are using the same strategy as the king and the queen when Victoria and her siblings were children. Many royal experts said after the birth of Estelle, that that strategy would be the right one this time too.
Sorry, but Silvia&Carl Gustav did NOT release pictures of their newborn baby every other week.
I am not saying Victoria&Daniel should shut away their child. Of course they have to make pics available, just like all the other CP couples have done. And in retrospect (and taken all together) there will be a lot of video footage and tons of pics of Estelle - just as there already is of Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra, Christian, Elisabeth and Leonor.
It's important to find the right measure - not too little, not too much.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court (and Victoria and Daniel) have released photos of Estelle
27th February
26th March
20th April (almost all the photos were taken at the same time as the 26th March published) and
18th May
And at in different message boards many swedish people have been complaining, why didn't they publish family photos earlier, why didn't they publish photos of Estelle's eyes open, why don't they publish more photos...

Everything predicts that Estelle will wear the traditional royal swedish christening gown, which was used for the first time when prince Gustaf Adolf was baptized on 1906.
Prinsessan Estelle ska bära 106 års historia | Dokument | Expressen
Google translation
Old 05-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Serene Highness

The provence of Dalarna's christening gift to Estelle: a wooden horse.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ikel%3D5113358
Old 05-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

A video of Expressen's reporter's trip to Ockelbo, to bake and taste the pastry of Estelle.
Fem getingar till bakelsen Estelle | Kungligt | Kungligt
Old 05-19-2012, 06:24 AM
Royal Highness

Loved the pictures of little Estelle. What an adorable little girl.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:26 AM
Serene Highness

The Local: Sweden readies for Estelle's baptism.
http://m.thelocal.se/40918/20120518/
Old 05-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
They are not "marketing" her more than any other royal family. If you compare the Danish Princess who was born a month earlier, they met the public & photographs when leaving hospital, then had a photoshoot, then the little one was on the balcony with the rest of the family and we're talking about a girl that is 10th in the line to throne. It's pretty much the same as we have seen with Estelle, 3 photos released when she was few days old, one photoshoot with her parents, balcony appearance with her family and now 2 new photos before the christening. If this is a PR strategy, then it's the only thing so far that Terner & his team are doing right. The timing etc. is keeping the paparazzi away and that's dream of every parent who is in public/media.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Aristocracy

Releasing those pictures is the right choice, as it is at their own terms and may tame the paparazzi hunger for new pics!
Anyway, she is adorable!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Courtier

Estelle is not yet 3 month old. Official pics were released 4 times - actually 5 times if you count the pic on 23rd February when her parents left the hospital and 6 times if you count the pic of Victoria&Daniel with pram in Haga Park, taken by her brother. Besides we have seen her at her grandfather's birthday.

The Danish princess is not yet 4 month old, people got to see her for the first time when her parents left the hospital (which is a tradition in Dk) and official pics were released once. Besides we have seen her at her grandmother's birthday.

That is NOT pretty much the same.
And there have been more paparazzi pictures in Sweden than in Norway, NL, DK, Belgium and Spain. Besides I don't think keeping the paparazzis away is the reason for their PR strategy.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Since when as releasing pictures have keep the paparazzi at bay? They most not be in the same class as the U.S. or U.K. paparazzi than
Old 05-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Since when as releasing pictures have keep the paparazzi at bay? They most not be in the same class as the U.S. or U.K. paparazzi than
UK paparazzi have forgotten the word "respect" in regards to anyone with the possible exception of the Queen. Swedish paparazzi are thankfully nothing like that. Most European Monarchies make a deal with the press: releasing or posing pictures occasionally, in exchange for a relative press-free life the rest of the time. Victoria walks with Estelle in the park virtually every day, yet we have only seen one or two pictures of the young mother and daughter simply because the press (and other park goers) respect her privacy.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
That is NOT pretty much the same.
We have to agree to disagree, I don't think the SRF is presenting Estelle more than any other royal family did with their heir to heir or any other child for the record.

For the 3 months of her life there are exactly 5 pictures of Estelle taken on 2 different occasions without the consent of her parents (3x she is visible, 2x in pram) and just for the record neither of them were published in swedish media. Considering that either Victoria or both Victoria & Daniel are seen with her virtually daily in Haga Park it's a very good record and it shows that for now the swedish media understand their part of the deal.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
A video of Expressen's reporter's trip to Ockelbo, to bake and taste the pastry of Estelle.
Fem getingar till bakelsen Estelle | Kungligt | Kungligt
As a great lover of marzipan the Estelle pastry looks divine.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I love marzipan too and "Estelle" looks absolutely yummy!
Old 05-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
We have to agree to disagree, I don't think the SRF is presenting Estelle more than any other royal family did with their heir to heir or any other child for the record.

For the 3 months of her life there are exactly 5 pictures of Estelle taken on 2 different occasions without the consent of her parents (3x she is visible, 2x in pram) and just for the record neither of them were published in swedish media. Considering that either Victoria or both Victoria & Daniel are seen with her virtually daily in Haga Park it's a very good record and it shows that for now the swedish media understand their part of the deal.

My view is also that the number of pics for the two little princesses is equal. I feel however that it is more discreet to release an official picture than to have a fairly long chat with the press at the exit of the hospital. Anyway that suits probably better the press!! I read Swedish bloggers regretting that it took a too long time before they saw her eyes. Incidentally they had both the appearance at the balcony on the occasion of birthdays of grandparents.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

Wow. Cant believe little Estelle is already three months old and she is such a cute baby. I think she looks like Victoria. Will the baptism be broadcast in the U.S.? Cant wait to see the celebrations.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I dunno where to ask this but what time does the Christening start?

Tags
princess estelle