Princess Estelle, News and Pictures Part 1: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh no... Why on earth is she doing that... Now the baby for sure has contracted dental caries bacteria. :eek: I've heard you should never for example put the same spoon into your child's mouth that has been in your own mouth and that you should be extra careful until the child is three years old. The risk gets smaller after that. Well, then again I think it is very difficult if even impossible to avoid giving a child dental caries since it pretty much spreads even when you talk or kiss the child. Or so I think. Enlighten me if you know better.

Last edited:
Catharina said:
Oh no... Why on earth is she doing that... Now the baby for sure has contracted dental caries bacteria. :eek: Well, then again I think it is very difficult if even impossible to avoid giving a child dental caries since it pretty much spreads even when you talk or kiss the child. Or so I think. Enlighten me if you know better.

Um.. Estelle doesn't have teeth so how can she get dental caries? Human beings are covered with bugs, only a small number cause disease. Actually, the harmless bugs protect you by competing with the harmful ones. Providing Victoria wasn't sick, Estelle should be fine.

Um.. Estelle doesn't have teeth so how can she get dental caries? Human beings are covered with bugs, only a small number cause disease. Actually, the harmless bugs protect you by competing with the harmful ones. Providing Victoria wasn't sick, Estelle should be fine.

Almost everyone has dental caries bacteria in their system, regardless of whether it is manifesting itself right now or not. The baby does not need to have teeth, she can still get the bacteria (if I've understood it right) and have an infection when the teeth appear. I know the stuff about normal bacteria protecting you but this is a different matter. I guess the way these issues are dealt with depends on what country you're in. According to this link anyway parents should be careful: espoo.fi > The Baby´s mouth and teeth

But anyway, she will almost certainly get it sooner or later anyway. I don't want this to turn into a debate about how to take care of a child. I'm sure Victoria does her very best in taking care of her daughter. I just didn't find it "cute" that she had the pacifier in her own mouth.

LadyFinn said:
Photos from 1st May, when Victoria and Estelle were at the Park with Victoria's friend Caroline Nilsson and her children. One photo already seen, one new.
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8909/vicvappu1.jpg
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9571/vicvappu2.jpg

Ebba von Sydow's TV-program "Det kungliga dopet", "The royal baptism", it lasts an hour
http://svtplay.se/t/179266/infor_det_kungliga_dopet

Thanks for the video, I loved all the old childhood clips and wedding highlights. Tip: if you can't stand Johann T Lindwall, skip around 2.5 mins from 26:00. I'm sorry but I find him unbearable.

:) Catharina, I'm not familiar with that type, and it's hard to see exacty what part Victoria has in her mouth, but most mothers put the little handle part in their mouth if they need both hands for a moment (the part that usually goes into the baby's mouth is then not actually in the mother's mouth).

People worry too much about germs and such with babies, it's best to just relax and take reasonable measures to ensure the health and safety of your babe, of course. Also, most parents are very good parents and whatever the parents decide about their baby's care is usually the best way to do things. :)

ETA: I found a photo of Autumn (Princess Anne's Daughter-in-law) with her daughter's binky in her mouth (her teeth are definitely gripping the handle)
http://news.ebonybay.com/world/4422...randdaughter-her-first-public-appearance.html

Last edited:
She is such an adorable little girl, and Victoria looks beautiful in this photo...and Daniel does not look bad either :lol:. They both appear to be good people, so I am sure they are wonderful parents.

I feel so fortunate to be seeing so many pictures of Sweden's new princess!

ruthieviews

I read CanRoyals E-Mail and went back to the photo of CP Victoria. She is holding the HANDLE of the pacifier in her teeth. Autumn Phillips is doing same. When you have both hands on the baby, it's the only practical way to keep the pacifier off the floor or other surfaces. It is normal for many mothers in the USA to do this. I agree that the pacifier surface should not be put in the mother's mouth, only the handle.

These photos are so sweet, Victoria looks great and happy and the little Princess is so cute!

Estelle must be the royal child with the most pictures taken since birth until christening, there are a lot of them now!
i remenber someone said that we would not see Estelle so often, but until now we've got plenty of her^^

Yes, but in this case I really, really like the PR strategy here..... the RF is "feeding" the hunger of the Swedes (and me :whistling:) after more and more pics from the future heir. The pics are super-cute, there is no "harm" on the baby and all Swedes can participate on the joy of their CP and their growing family. Please continue!!
BYe Bine

For sure she alrady has the "Royal Look" :lol:
Bye Bine

Last edited by a moderator:
Ockelbo has made a dream pastry for Estelle, inspiration came from the painting Ockelbo gave to Victoria and Daniel as a wedding gift, painted by Tony Warren.
Ockelbo is also celebrating the baptism:
10:00 Cake Party in the square where the baptism is also shown on television in a tent. 11:55 the bells of the church are ringing. 14:00 coffee break at Herrgården 14:00 Planting of the cherry tree Stella on Wij Gardens to commemorate the baptism. 19:00 "After Baptism" by entrepreneurs in Ockelbo in connection with the inauguration of the The park - the Garden.
Ockelbos drömbakelse | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

Yes, but in this case I really, really like the PR strategy here..... the RF is "feeding" the hunger of the Swedes (and me :whistling:) after more and more pics from the future heir.
I don't like their PR strategy. I think it's very "celebrity" and over the top.
They are a nice couple, their baby is very cute. But the way they market their baby (as well as the way they did market their wedding/love story) puts me a bit off.
We have just seen the baby on the balcony, next week we will see the pictures from the christening. I don't think there is any need or "hunger" for more pictures in between.
Estelle will be the future heir for a long time. I hope her parents will not continue their PR strategy when she becomes older. But they might be forced to do so because the media/people got used to it and demands it.

People worry too much about germs and such with babies, it's best to just relax and take reasonable measures to ensure the health and safety of your babe, of course.l
There are studies that points in the direction that a too clean and germfree environment are the cause of allergies.

They are a nice couple, their baby is very cute. But the way they market their baby (as well as the way they did market their wedding/love story) puts me a bit off.
We have just seen the baby on the balcony, next week we will see the pictures from the christening. I don't think there is any need or "hunger" for more pictures in between.
Estelle will be the future heir for a long time. I hope her parents will not continue their PR strategy when she becomes older. But they might be forced to do so because the media/people got used to it and demands it.

If you look Ebba von Sydow's document "Before the baptism"
Det kungliga dopet | SVT Play
you can see that there is very much video footage of Victoria (and Carl Philip and Madeleine) when she was a child. And there are tons of photos of Victoria as a child. King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia gave a lot of photos to the media so that the paparazzi photos wouldn't be so interesting, when there was a lot of photos of their own available. Victoria and Daniel are using the same strategy as the king and the queen when Victoria and her siblings were children. Many royal experts said after the birth of Estelle, that that strategy would be the right one this time too.

Last edited:
If you look Ebba von Sydow's document "Before the baptism"
Det kungliga dopet | SVT Play
you can see that there is very much video footage of Victoria (and Carl Philip and Madeleine) when she was a child. And there are tons of photos of Victoria as a child. King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia gave a lot of photos to the media so that the paparazzi photos wouldn't be so interesting, when there was a lot of photos of their own available. Victoria and Daniel are using the same strategy as the king and the queen when Victoria and her siblings were children. Many royal experts said after the birth of Estelle, that that strategy would be the right one this time too.
Sorry, but Silvia&Carl Gustav did NOT release pictures of their newborn baby every other week.
I am not saying Victoria&Daniel should shut away their child. Of course they have to make pics available, just like all the other CP couples have done. And in retrospect (and taken all together) there will be a lot of video footage and tons of pics of Estelle - just as there already is of Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra, Christian, Elisabeth and Leonor.
It's important to find the right measure - not too little, not too much.

The court (and Victoria and Daniel) have released photos of Estelle
27th February
26th March
20th April (almost all the photos were taken at the same time as the 26th March published) and
18th May
And at in different message boards many swedish people have been complaining, why didn't they publish family photos earlier, why didn't they publish photos of Estelle's eyes open, why don't they publish more photos...

Everything predicts that Estelle will wear the traditional royal swedish christening gown, which was used for the first time when prince Gustaf Adolf was baptized on 1906.
Prinsessan Estelle ska bära 106 års historia | Dokument | Expressen
Google translation

Last edited:
Loved the pictures of little Estelle. What an adorable little girl.

They are not "marketing" her more than any other royal family. If you compare the Danish Princess who was born a month earlier, they met the public & photographs when leaving hospital, then had a photoshoot, then the little one was on the balcony with the rest of the family and we're talking about a girl that is 10th in the line to throne. It's pretty much the same as we have seen with Estelle, 3 photos released when she was few days old, one photoshoot with her parents, balcony appearance with her family and now 2 new photos before the christening. If this is a PR strategy, then it's the only thing so far that Terner & his team are doing right. The timing etc. is keeping the paparazzi away and that's dream of every parent who is in public/media.

Releasing those pictures is the right choice, as it is at their own terms and may tame the paparazzi hunger for new pics!
Anyway, she is adorable!

Estelle is not yet 3 month old. Official pics were released 4 times - actually 5 times if you count the pic on 23rd February when her parents left the hospital and 6 times if you count the pic of Victoria&Daniel with pram in Haga Park, taken by her brother. Besides we have seen her at her grandfather's birthday.

The Danish princess is not yet 4 month old, people got to see her for the first time when her parents left the hospital (which is a tradition in Dk) and official pics were released once. Besides we have seen her at her grandmother's birthday.

That is NOT pretty much the same.
And there have been more paparazzi pictures in Sweden than in Norway, NL, DK, Belgium and Spain. Besides I don't think keeping the paparazzis away is the reason for their PR strategy.

Since when as releasing pictures have keep the paparazzi at bay? They most not be in the same class as the U.S. or U.K. paparazzi than

Since when as releasing pictures have keep the paparazzi at bay? They most not be in the same class as the U.S. or U.K. paparazzi than
UK paparazzi have forgotten the word "respect" in regards to anyone with the possible exception of the Queen. Swedish paparazzi are thankfully nothing like that. Most European Monarchies make a deal with the press: releasing or posing pictures occasionally, in exchange for a relative press-free life the rest of the time. Victoria walks with Estelle in the park virtually every day, yet we have only seen one or two pictures of the young mother and daughter simply because the press (and other park goers) respect her privacy.

That is NOT pretty much the same.
We have to agree to disagree, I don't think the SRF is presenting Estelle more than any other royal family did with their heir to heir or any other child for the record.

For the 3 months of her life there are exactly 5 pictures of Estelle taken on 2 different occasions without the consent of her parents (3x she is visible, 2x in pram) and just for the record neither of them were published in swedish media. Considering that either Victoria or both Victoria & Daniel are seen with her virtually daily in Haga Park it's a very good record and it shows that for now the swedish media understand their part of the deal.

I love marzipan too and "Estelle" looks absolutely yummy! :)

We have to agree to disagree, I don't think the SRF is presenting Estelle more than any other royal family did with their heir to heir or any other child for the record.

For the 3 months of her life there are exactly 5 pictures of Estelle taken on 2 different occasions without the consent of her parents (3x she is visible, 2x in pram) and just for the record neither of them were published in swedish media. Considering that either Victoria or both Victoria & Daniel are seen with her virtually daily in Haga Park it's a very good record and it shows that for now the swedish media understand their part of the deal.

My view is also that the number of pics for the two little princesses is equal. I feel however that it is more discreet to release an official picture than to have a fairly long chat with the press at the exit of the hospital. Anyway that suits probably better the press!! I read Swedish bloggers regretting that it took a too long time before they saw her eyes. Incidentally they had both the appearance at the balcony on the occasion of birthdays of grandparents.

Wow. Cant believe little Estelle is already three months old and she is such a cute baby. I think she looks like Victoria. Will the baptism be broadcast in the U.S.? Cant wait to see the celebrations.

I dunno where to ask this but what time does the Christening start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom