The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #581  
Old 01-12-2014, 08:08 PM
hkittybaby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I think V&D are a reflection of the parenting style of many young people. Rather than keep Estelle tucked away with nannies she is folded into their lives, both private and public. They're both clearly loving hands on parents who want their daughter with rather elsewhere. They're a reflection a many modern couples. While I know they employ nannies I never think of V&D as having a lot of help with parenting duties.
I couldn't agree more
__________________

__________________
“Yes, well, I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.”
Catherine Middleton
  #582  
Old 01-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Bine221's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I think V&D are a reflection of the parenting style of many young people. Rather than keep Estelle tucked away with nannies she is folded into their lives, both private and public. They're both clearly loving hands on parents who want their daughter with the rather elsewhere. They're a reflection a many modern couples. While I know they employ nannies I never think of V&D as having a lot of help with parenting duties.
I think so, too.
PLUS: they are relying on the permanent "hunger" of the press/the swedish people for News & pics - and they are "feeding" them on the way THEY influence
PLUS: we are in modern times today with Social Media such as Facebook etc, so they use modern communication ways
So in toal I think, they are absolutely on the right way with a rightful Balance....

Bye Bine

PS.:I think, that the press "policy" on Prince George is a wrong one, i.e. keeping him nearly totally OFF the limelight. At least 1-2 official pics for Christmas would not have been a Drama. In the end he is only No 3 in line of succession (Estelle is 2), but everybody is interested in the future of the monarchy. So they are giving away a "Bonus Point" here. What a pity .... even Charles and Diane were better here.
__________________

__________________
  #583  
Old 01-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
That's lovely, if your child is not ever confused about the attention they get from the media. That's fairly rare. All the media coverage will have an impact on the person Estelle grows up to be. For good or not so good, there will be an impact.
Having the King of Sweden as your grand father and your mother as the heir apparent will have a much larger impact on Princess Estelle than a few photographers. The CP and P. Daniel's life will always be of interest to the press so their way of living and being out and about around our country and living their life around the duties and "job" they have will make it all seem much more normal to a child than living a life behind walls or in hiding.
__________________
  #584  
Old 01-14-2014, 12:26 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,414
I think that Victoria remembers very well her own childhood. Queen Silvia has many times told how devastating it was for her (and the king) to leave to official engagements, when the children, especially Madeleine, were left home crying, they didn't want their parents to go. Yes, there was a nanny, but a nanny isn't a mother of father. Madeleine has told how Victoria always tried to help in those situations, she started some game to comfort Madeleine. And Victoria has told how she as the oldest tried to be there for Carl Philip and Madeleine.
So maybe Victoria remembers this and that is why she and Daniel take Estelle with them to those public events they can. It is easier for them because Victoria isn't the regent yet.
__________________
  #585  
Old 01-14-2014, 01:18 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I don't have any children, either, and never wanted them, and I never had a babysitting job. My mother couldn't even get me to babysit my own nephews!

I wonder what it is about Estelle that's affected us this way?
Funny...I've never been a 'baby person' either, but I was saying the other day that I think Estelle is adorable! The Christmas video was so fun to watch. She might not be the 'cutest' toddler, but she has her mother's "spark." She looks intelligent to me in a way that a lot of other toddlers don't.

Count me as a Princess Estelle fan, and a fan of Victoria and Daniel.
__________________
  #586  
Old 01-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 867
I think Estelle is one of the best raised royal kids around. At the wedding of Madeleine, she was remarkably well behaved and at her age, that is a rarity. You could tell she has a bond with her mother, a real bond, and she's someone who was raised to behave through loving correction, not through intimidation or a nanny who pushes her around. She's very well connected to the outside world and she's allowed to express herself, not keep her actions and personality and preferences stifled in.
__________________
  #587  
Old 01-23-2014, 01:39 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,414
Stoppa pressarna quotes the article in Svensk Damtidning

Estelle has become known for her bows. Johanna Engberg, who sells children's clothes in her shop, tells that the girls in Östermalm have worn bows for many years, but now more and more people want to buy them, it is a really big demand on bows and now every children's clothing shops sells bows also. And Engberg says that princess Estelle makes trends, by wearing bows she has affected also to the big clothing chains.
Prinsessan Estelle har blivit en trendsättare Stoppa Pressarna
__________________
  #588  
Old 01-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: City on islands, Sweden
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
That's lovely, if your child is not ever confused about the attention they get from the media. That's fairly rare. All the media coverage will have an impact on the person Estelle grows up to be. For good or not so good, there will be an impact.
As Estelle won't know about any other kind of life (and media attention) than what she is living now I don't think that it will harm her. I would think it would be more of a shock for those children who have to get used to the media at an older age, for example children of elected politicians.
__________________
  #589  
Old 01-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Carminha Stalker's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1,698
I think that Princess Estelle´s parents understand the role she has to play in her country. I don´t hink they expose her too much. Most of her pictures are taken during public ceremonies such as her aunt´s wedding.
The Christmas video was marvelous and funny and she impressed me as being a child very normal with her parents and also very bright. Estelle will never be a private person. I´m glad her family understands that.
__________________
  #590  
Old 01-26-2014, 11:20 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,414
According to Twitter Estelle (with her parents I think) bought herself skis yesterday. She had a red velvet dress and a bow on her.
https://twitter.com/Emmabivstedt/sta...29761338114048
__________________
  #591  
Old 01-26-2014, 07:20 PM
MarNoe's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ohio, United States
Posts: 592
I'm looking forward to 2nd birthday pictures!
__________________
  #592  
Old 01-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
As Estelle won't know about any other kind of life (and media attention) than what she is living now I don't think that it will harm her. I would think it would be more of a shock for those children who have to get used to the media at an older age, for example children of elected politicians.
ITA; a huge problem with the royals these days is that they get too addicted to a private life, despite the expectations that are required. It's resulted in a lot of them making bad matches or going into a complete frenzy of claustrophobia.
__________________
  #593  
Old 01-27-2014, 02:49 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
ITA; a huge problem with the royals these days is that they get too addicted to a private life, despite the expectations that are required. It's resulted in a lot of them making bad matches or going into a complete frenzy of claustrophobia.
Any examples to back up your conclusions?
__________________
  #594  
Old 01-28-2014, 12:31 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I think Estelle is one of the best raised royal kids around. At the wedding of Madeleine, she was remarkably well behaved and at her age, that is a rarity. You could tell she has a bond with her mother, a real bond, and she's someone who was raised to behave through loving correction, not through intimidation or a nanny who pushes her around. She's very well connected to the outside world and she's allowed to express herself, not keep her actions and personality and preferences stifled in.
You see children like that in some of the traditional churches where very small children understand there are rules in life. Some places are for running and playing and others are not. There is nothing worse than visitors to church let their kids run around unsupervised or scream, shout and throw things. Strangely, these kids are taught that life is "all about me" and of course it's not and children like Estelle behave beautifully and yet often it really is all about them. Go figure!
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #595  
Old 01-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 867
Thing is, I think a lot of these 'crazy kids' live in a home where there's a lot of repressed feelings and emotions and the kids can't do anything that other kids can do.

Estelle is likely able to scream her head off in play and fun and allowed to be a kid. She has all that energy out of her system before and after big events and she's still allowed to be expressive during appearances (remember how she was during that tennis match, allowed to run around as long as she stayed near her mommy?) and she isn't forced to behave rigidly.

During the wedding, she was fidgety at times, but when Victoria read that speech, Estelle reached, but Victoria just kept on reading ignoring Estelle, but Dan let Estelle play with Mommy's dress and Victoria made it clear that at the moment, she is "Princess," not "Mommy". Victoria openly set boundaries at that time, healthy boundaries.
__________________
  #596  
Old 01-30-2014, 02:11 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
That's lovely, if your child is not ever confused about the attention they get from the media. That's fairly rare. All the media coverage will have an impact on the person Estelle grows up to be. For good or not so good, there will be an impact.
I think Estelle has an edge over just about all other royal children of her generation. That edge is a mother who found the whole Crown Princess royalty deal so stressful she descended into Anorexia and a father that was part of her mother's recovery. They both know the worst that can happen, they've been there, they've lived it and they are stronger for it and it's an absolute certainty that they are going to do everything in their power to ensure their daughter, and any further children, have all the education and support they require.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #597  
Old 01-30-2014, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think Estelle has an edge over just about all other royal children of her generation. That edge is a mother who found the whole Crown Princess royalty deal so stressful she descended into Anorexia and a father that was part of her mother's recovery. They both know the worst that can happen, they've been there, they've lived it and they are stronger for it and it's an absolute certainty that they are going to do everything in their power to ensure their daughter, and any further children, have all the education and support they require.
It was a different Daniel that was a more integral part of her recovery. Unfortunately anorexia is almost epidemic among young women so being a royal was perhaps not the reason.
__________________
  #598  
Old 01-31-2014, 02:30 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
It was a different Daniel that was a more integral part of her recovery. Unfortunately anorexia is almost epidemic among young women so being a royal was perhaps not the reason.
It is my understanding that CP Victoria first ran into Daniel Westling at his gym in 2002 when Madeleine persuaded her to join her. With Daniel as her personal trainer it became part of Victoria's holistic approach to maintaining a healthy lifestyle having acknowledged that eating disorders don't just vanish.

Her previous boyfriend was Daniel Collert. They broke up in 2001. He too supported her in her battle against anorexia.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #599  
Old 01-31-2014, 04:04 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
It is my understanding that CP Victoria first ran into Daniel Westling at his gym in 2002 when Madeleine persuaded her to join her. With Daniel as her personal trainer it became part of Victoria's holistic approach to maintaining a healthy lifestyle having acknowledged that eating disorders don't just vanish.

Her previous boyfriend was Daniel Collert. They broke up in 2001. He too supported her in her battle against anorexia.
Victoria and Daniel Collert broke up early 2001.
Victoria and Daniel Westling met eachother in 2001 when Victoria went to Daniel's gym.
H.R.H. Prince Daniel - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Daniel told at an interview before the wedding that they were first friends and when the press found out in the end of May 2002 that they were a couple, their relationship was already strong. Their dating had been kept secret by their friends and bodyguards.
__________________
  #600  
Old 01-31-2014, 05:24 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,059
That's cool, you have corrected my dates and clarified the issue. My only real objective was to point out that while there were indeed 2 Daniel's and that both were supportive.

Bringing us back to the fact that both Victoria and Daniel, for good or for ill, are totally aware of the hidden dangers young royals face and that their experience would give them an edge in supporting Estelle.

This is an assett when guiding a young royal through the teenage years which are totally unforgiving of anything less than perfection if pre-anorexia reports of Victoria being a "tubby" teen with a penchant for hamburgers.
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Closed Thread

Tags
princess estelle


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Estelle, News and Pictures Part 2: June 2014 - JessRulz Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 45 09-18-2014 05:18 AM
Christening of Princess Estelle; May 22, 2012 MagMil Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 570 12-07-2013 09:09 AM
Princess Estelle's Name Day - August 15; 2012 Meraude Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 20 08-17-2012 01:06 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]