The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I think V&D are a reflection of the parenting style of many young people. Rather than keep Estelle tucked away with nannies she is folded into their lives, both private and public. They're both clearly loving hands on parents who want their daughter with rather elsewhere. They're a reflection a many modern couples. While I know they employ nannies I never think of V&D as having a lot of help with parenting duties.
I couldn't agree more

Old 01-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I think V&D are a reflection of the parenting style of many young people. Rather than keep Estelle tucked away with nannies she is folded into their lives, both private and public. They're both clearly loving hands on parents who want their daughter with the rather elsewhere. They're a reflection a many modern couples. While I know they employ nannies I never think of V&D as having a lot of help with parenting duties.
I think so, too.
PLUS: they are relying on the permanent "hunger" of the press/the swedish people for News & pics - and they are "feeding" them on the way THEY influence
PLUS: we are in modern times today with Social Media such as Facebook etc, so they use modern communication ways
So in toal I think, they are absolutely on the right way with a rightful Balance....

Bye Bine

PS.:I think, that the press "policy" on Prince George is a wrong one, i.e. keeping him nearly totally OFF the limelight. At least 1-2 official pics for Christmas would not have been a Drama. In the end he is only No 3 in line of succession (Estelle is 2), but everybody is interested in the future of the monarchy. So they are giving away a "Bonus Point" here. What a pity .... even Charles and Diane were better here.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
That's lovely, if your child is not ever confused about the attention they get from the media. That's fairly rare. All the media coverage will have an impact on the person Estelle grows up to be. For good or not so good, there will be an impact.
Having the King of Sweden as your grand father and your mother as the heir apparent will have a much larger impact on Princess Estelle than a few photographers. The CP and P. Daniel's life will always be of interest to the press so their way of living and being out and about around our country and living their life around the duties and "job" they have will make it all seem much more normal to a child than living a life behind walls or in hiding.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think that Victoria remembers very well her own childhood. Queen Silvia has many times told how devastating it was for her (and the king) to leave to official engagements, when the children, especially Madeleine, were left home crying, they didn't want their parents to go. Yes, there was a nanny, but a nanny isn't a mother of father. Madeleine has told how Victoria always tried to help in those situations, she started some game to comfort Madeleine. And Victoria has told how she as the oldest tried to be there for Carl Philip and Madeleine.
So maybe Victoria remembers this and that is why she and Daniel take Estelle with them to those public events they can. It is easier for them because Victoria isn't the regent yet.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I don't have any children, either, and never wanted them, and I never had a babysitting job. My mother couldn't even get me to babysit my own nephews!

I wonder what it is about Estelle that's affected us this way?
Funny...I've never been a 'baby person' either, but I was saying the other day that I think Estelle is adorable! The Christmas video was so fun to watch. She might not be the 'cutest' toddler, but she has her mother's "spark." She looks intelligent to me in a way that a lot of other toddlers don't.

Count me as a Princess Estelle fan, and a fan of Victoria and Daniel.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Courtier

I think Estelle is one of the best raised royal kids around. At the wedding of Madeleine, she was remarkably well behaved and at her age, that is a rarity. You could tell she has a bond with her mother, a real bond, and she's someone who was raised to behave through loving correction, not through intimidation or a nanny who pushes her around. She's very well connected to the outside world and she's allowed to express herself, not keep her actions and personality and preferences stifled in.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Stoppa pressarna quotes the article in Svensk Damtidning

Estelle has become known for her bows. Johanna Engberg, who sells children's clothes in her shop, tells that the girls in Östermalm have worn bows for many years, but now more and more people want to buy them, it is a really big demand on bows and now every children's clothing shops sells bows also. And Engberg says that princess Estelle makes trends, by wearing bows she has affected also to the big clothing chains.
Prinsessan Estelle har blivit en trendsättare Stoppa Pressarna
Old 01-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
That's lovely, if your child is not ever confused about the attention they get from the media. That's fairly rare. All the media coverage will have an impact on the person Estelle grows up to be. For good or not so good, there will be an impact.
As Estelle won't know about any other kind of life (and media attention) than what she is living now I don't think that it will harm her. I would think it would be more of a shock for those children who have to get used to the media at an older age, for example children of elected politicians.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

I think that Princess Estelle´s parents understand the role she has to play in her country. I don´t hink they expose her too much. Most of her pictures are taken during public ceremonies such as her aunt´s wedding.
The Christmas video was marvelous and funny and she impressed me as being a child very normal with her parents and also very bright. Estelle will never be a private person. I´m glad her family understands that.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Twitter Estelle (with her parents I think) bought herself skis yesterday. She had a red velvet dress and a bow on her.
https://twitter.com/Emmabivstedt/sta...29761338114048
Old 01-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Courtier

I'm looking forward to 2nd birthday pictures!
Old 01-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
As Estelle won't know about any other kind of life (and media attention) than what she is living now I don't think that it will harm her. I would think it would be more of a shock for those children who have to get used to the media at an older age, for example children of elected politicians.
ITA; a huge problem with the royals these days is that they get too addicted to a private life, despite the expectations that are required. It's resulted in a lot of them making bad matches or going into a complete frenzy of claustrophobia.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
ITA; a huge problem with the royals these days is that they get too addicted to a private life, despite the expectations that are required. It's resulted in a lot of them making bad matches or going into a complete frenzy of claustrophobia.
Any examples to back up your conclusions?
Old 01-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I think Estelle is one of the best raised royal kids around. At the wedding of Madeleine, she was remarkably well behaved and at her age, that is a rarity. You could tell she has a bond with her mother, a real bond, and she's someone who was raised to behave through loving correction, not through intimidation or a nanny who pushes her around. She's very well connected to the outside world and she's allowed to express herself, not keep her actions and personality and preferences stifled in.
You see children like that in some of the traditional churches where very small children understand there are rules in life. Some places are for running and playing and others are not. There is nothing worse than visitors to church let their kids run around unsupervised or scream, shout and throw things. Strangely, these kids are taught that life is "all about me" and of course it's not and children like Estelle behave beautifully and yet often it really is all about them. Go figure!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Thing is, I think a lot of these 'crazy kids' live in a home where there's a lot of repressed feelings and emotions and the kids can't do anything that other kids can do.

Estelle is likely able to scream her head off in play and fun and allowed to be a kid. She has all that energy out of her system before and after big events and she's still allowed to be expressive during appearances (remember how she was during that tennis match, allowed to run around as long as she stayed near her mommy?) and she isn't forced to behave rigidly.

During the wedding, she was fidgety at times, but when Victoria read that speech, Estelle reached, but Victoria just kept on reading ignoring Estelle, but Dan let Estelle play with Mommy's dress and Victoria made it clear that at the moment, she is "Princess," not "Mommy". Victoria openly set boundaries at that time, healthy boundaries.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think Estelle has an edge over just about all other royal children of her generation. That edge is a mother who found the whole Crown Princess royalty deal so stressful she descended into Anorexia and a father that was part of her mother's recovery. They both know the worst that can happen, they've been there, they've lived it and they are stronger for it and it's an absolute certainty that they are going to do everything in their power to ensure their daughter, and any further children, have all the education and support they require.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think Estelle has an edge over just about all other royal children of her generation. That edge is a mother who found the whole Crown Princess royalty deal so stressful she descended into Anorexia and a father that was part of her mother's recovery. They both know the worst that can happen, they've been there, they've lived it and they are stronger for it and it's an absolute certainty that they are going to do everything in their power to ensure their daughter, and any further children, have all the education and support they require.
It was a different Daniel that was a more integral part of her recovery. Unfortunately anorexia is almost epidemic among young women so being a royal was perhaps not the reason.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
It was a different Daniel that was a more integral part of her recovery. Unfortunately anorexia is almost epidemic among young women so being a royal was perhaps not the reason.
It is my understanding that CP Victoria first ran into Daniel Westling at his gym in 2002 when Madeleine persuaded her to join her. With Daniel as her personal trainer it became part of Victoria's holistic approach to maintaining a healthy lifestyle having acknowledged that eating disorders don't just vanish.

Her previous boyfriend was Daniel Collert. They broke up in 2001. He too supported her in her battle against anorexia.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
It is my understanding that CP Victoria first ran into Daniel Westling at his gym in 2002 when Madeleine persuaded her to join her. With Daniel as her personal trainer it became part of Victoria's holistic approach to maintaining a healthy lifestyle having acknowledged that eating disorders don't just vanish.

Her previous boyfriend was Daniel Collert. They broke up in 2001. He too supported her in her battle against anorexia.
Victoria and Daniel Collert broke up early 2001.
Victoria and Daniel Westling met eachother in 2001 when Victoria went to Daniel's gym.
H.R.H. Prince Daniel - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Daniel told at an interview before the wedding that they were first friends and when the press found out in the end of May 2002 that they were a couple, their relationship was already strong. Their dating had been kept secret by their friends and bodyguards.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:24 AM
Heir Apparent

That's cool, you have corrected my dates and clarified the issue. My only real objective was to point out that while there were indeed 2 Daniel's and that both were supportive.

Bringing us back to the fact that both Victoria and Daniel, for good or for ill, are totally aware of the hidden dangers young royals face and that their experience would give them an edge in supporting Estelle.

This is an assett when guiding a young royal through the teenage years which are totally unforgiving of anything less than perfection if pre-anorexia reports of Victoria being a "tubby" teen with a penchant for hamburgers.

Tags
princess estelle