The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
The older she gets, the more I think she looks like her grandfather, the King.
She certainly inherited his frowning/pouting face

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_marfxlRGHN1qdz4z6.jpg
https://31.media.tumblr.com/941925cc...yf21ri988j.jpg

Old 01-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Courtier

I have always felt that Estelle is the spitting image of her father, though I will say she has her grandfather's pout down to a "t".

Old 01-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Roslyn:I think it has something to do with the delightful relationship we see her in with her parents. They are both besotted with her and with each other and the little family unit just radiates warmth and love.

Oh you nailed it for me, I also couldn't figure out how this little girl with a huge personality just took my ice cold heart and started melting it. When I watched the wedding of V/D and saw how emotional he got and had tears and V just wiped them away and had such a loving look, well they made me believe that love in a marriage can be had, for them only, and now their child, well to me this is the very best royal family out there, and their love for each other really shines bright. Seeing their pictures together helps me believe in the human race again. Just adore this family.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Courtier

Osipi:The thought that went through my mind seeing these recent photos of Estelle is how nice it would be if every child everywhere could have the happy and healthy and loving life this child does. Estelle is the poster child for Happiness

I love your comment, this is most surely the Child of Love from two very in love parents. How I wish all children could chose parents like this and then the world would be a nicer place for children, sad but it can't be.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Nobility

Princess Estelle is so . . . . cute! thanks for this video, just a joy to watch!

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 01-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Gentry

I think Estelle is adorable but I don't get the fawning over her by some. I think she is just as cute and cuddly as the little Danish girls or any of the other blond, pretty royal children. The real beauties, IMO, are the Spanish girls. They are going to be stunning I think. Of course, who knows? They may all turn out to be ugly grownups!!! (Highly doubtful, LOL)

I actually think Estelle is in the public eye a bit too much. I'm still wondering why she was front and center at Madeleine's wedding. I've never seen a child that young at a royal wedding before. It was very strange to me. Her parents seem to take her everywhere. She is very well behaved but it just seems she's front and center far too much. Just my opinion, of course. Perhaps the Swedish people insist on this but I prefer not to see a child every day all dressed up and looking like a doll that is being showcased. It becomes not special after a while. Look at how the British wait and wait to see Prince George and it's a really big deal when he was brought out for his christening. Now we probably won't see him again until March when he goes with his parents on their Aussie tour. That causes excitement, unlike seeing Estelle just about every day.

No criticism here, just my opinion.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Courtier

Kudos to all the non-maternal women who stick to their convictions and do not get pressured into having unwanted children.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
(snip) Look at how the British wait and wait to see Prince George and it's a really big deal when he was brought out for his christening. Now we probably won't see him again until March when he goes with his parents on their Aussie tour. That causes excitement, unlike seeing Estelle just about every day.

You're perfectly entitled to your own opinion.

Thing is, I don't have the remotest interest in Prince George. I'd rather see pics of Estelle just about every day. I don't have a general interest in Royal children, even the one that, in theory, will one day be my own country's monarch, just a specific interest in Estelle.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I think Estelle is adorable but I don't get the fawning over her by some. I think she is just as cute and cuddly as the little Danish girls or any of the other blond, pretty royal children. The real beauties, IMO, are the Spanish girls. They are going to be stunning I think. Of course, who knows? They may all turn out to be ugly grownups!!! (Highly doubtful, LOL)

I actually think Estelle is in the public eye a bit too much. I'm still wondering why she was front and center at Madeleine's wedding. I've never seen a child that young at a royal wedding before. It was very strange to me. Her parents seem to take her everywhere. She is very well behaved but it just seems she's front and center far too much. Just my opinion, of course. Perhaps the Swedish people insist on this but I prefer not to see a child every day all dressed up and looking like a doll that is being showcased. It becomes not special after a while. Look at how the British wait and wait to see Prince George and it's a really big deal when he was brought out for his christening. Now we probably won't see him again until March when he goes with his parents on their Aussie tour. That causes excitement, unlike seeing Estelle just about every day.

Estelle isn't being showcased, she attends with the family or her parents at the events which Victoria and Daniel consider as suitable for her. Estelle was too young to be a flower girl, but to me it looked that it was very important for Madeleine that Estelle was at the wedding. We have seen from the photos taken on the National day and now at their skiing holiday, that Madeleine and Estelle have a very close relationship. And Estelle attending at receiving Christmas trees was very understandable because she received her first own Christmas tree. It is a long tradition for the Bernadotte children to have a Christmas tree at their own room. Why would it have to be special when Estelle is "shown" or attends at some events? Seeing her doesn't have to cause excitement, she is a natural part of the royal family. And for her it is good to grow to be photographed and being with big crowds. And the swedish newspapers have agreed that as long as the court gives photos of Estelle, they will not publish any paparazzi photos of her.
And about if Estelle will be beautiful or not, it isn't important. Being beautiful isn't the most important feature for a girl/woman. A beautiful person can be totally boring and without charisma and not interesting at all.

Svensk Damtidning writes that soon Estelle has her second birthday and we will get new photos, but until then they have two videos of Estelle, at the tennis match and at the King's jubilee.
Snart fyller prinsessan Estelle två år Svensk Damtidning
Old 01-11-2014, 05:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Why make it a competition? Just as you're entitled to think that the Spanish Infantas are loveliest, other people/posters are just as entitled to think that Estelle (or any other royal child) is the loveliest. Regarding who's prettier than who, I think that's a disgusting comparison to make - pardon my harsh conduct. I see absolutely no point in comparing royal children (or ANY children, for that matter) to each other - especially not in terms of beauty.

Madeleine obviously wanted Estelle to be a big part of her wedding, otherwise she wouldn't have "invited" her (or asked Victoria and Daniel to bring her). I am quite certain that Victoria and Daniel wouldn't have brought her, had Madeleine's wish been that she shouldn't be there.

In regards to her being "showcased", I actually think that the Swedish court has handled publicity surrounding Estelle really well (unlike so many other things which seem difficult for the court to handle). They don't send out a new picture/video every day, yet there's not several months between seeing her. I am also perfectly content with the way George has been shown off, after all he is "only" third in line of succession to the British throne, where Estelle is second in line of succession to the Swedish throne. Estelle is obviously very fancied by the royal family as well as the public. Why wouldn't she be? She's the first royal baby in the SRF since Madeleine. I think it's only natural that they show her off with pride. And sending out pictures/videos every now and again also prevent them from being hunted down by photographers. I think your criticism (which I strongly believe it is) is uncalled for.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am in the camp that thinks Estelle is seen a bit too much, though I wouldn't say she is showcased. The SRF obviously just work differently than other royal families and they want to get her used to the media, which is fine as long as she doesn't resent it when she is older. William has said that the press intrusion on his life was hard, and the Wales' showcased William and Harry a lot as young children. They had lots of photoshoots and they were brought to engagements at young ages. All I am saying is that it can backfire on the parents if they child grows up thinking they have never been given a private life.

Anywho, I can't wait to see Estelle photos with her new cousin. :)
Old 01-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Courtier

I don't think there's any comparison between Estelle and William with regard to the "paps". Poor William and Diana were literally stalked by the photographers - it's no wonder he hates them. There's a totally different attitude in Sweden about photographing the royal family. I don't see any difference between V and D taking Estelle with them when they go somewhere and any other parents anywhere in the world taking their children to special events. Plus there's no denying that Estelle must get used to being in the public eye and starting at an early age and making it fun can make a huge difference for her.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Aristocracy

This forum surprises me everyday. There will be posts saying we don't see the kids enough and now there are posts saying we see too much. I don't think they will ever have a private life unless they never leave the palace Molly2101.

I think perhaps their thinking (Victoria and Daniel) is that if they do a little bit here and there it won't be so jarring as an adult.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Chelly, I wasn't necessarily saying we see her too much. I was just comparing Estelle to William as a child because William was seen a lot as a toddler and little boy. Charles and Diana did lots of photocalls with William and interviews with him and William, growing up, began to resent it and hate the intrusion. I was just saying I hope that Estelle does not feel like that.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel have only one photographer at the photoshoots of Estelle. They have the whole time used the same photographer, Kate Gabor, at the photoshoots. So Estelle has got used to her and the photoshoot is easy for her. Kate Gabor has even taken the photos of Estelle with the king and queen and Estelle with the royal family. Only at the photoshoot of the royal family on the National day at the courtyard there were more than one photographer.
When Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine were children, at the royal family photoshoots were many photographers.

The royal court published in 2013 photos of Estelle
- on her birthday 23th February (9 photos)
- at the end of April, Victoria and Estelle at the Haga Park (4 photos)
- on National Day 6th June, Estelle on a national costume (one photo)
- 8th November, Estelle at the Haga Park (two photos)
- 13th December, Christmas greeting, Estelle baking with Victoria and Daniel (4 photos)
Old 01-12-2014, 01:55 AM
Courtier

Lady Finn:And about if Estelle will be beautiful or not, it isn't important. Being beautiful isn't the most important feature for a girl/woman. A beautiful person can be totally boring and without charisma and not interesting at all.

Dear Lady Finn:
Yes you are a lady and I so love your comment. Beauty is only in the eye of the beholder, all women are indeed beautiful, it's also what on the inside (developing when we are younger) that makes us women beautiful. And being labeled pretty/beautiful/attractive can does have it's problems for women. I really hate labels on a person, so very much.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:03 AM
Courtier

Archduchess Zelia:Why make it a competition? Just as you're entitled to think that the Spanish Infantas are loveliest, other people/posters are just as entitled to think that Estelle (or any other royal child) is the loveliest. Regarding who's prettier than who, I think that's a disgusting comparison to make - pardon my harsh conduct. I see absolutely no point in comparing royal children (or ANY children, for that matter) to each other - especially not in terms of beauty.

Oh how I so agree with your comment, in fact the entire comment I agree with, just can't figure out how to do the Brackets that you all do...not a tech person at all....lololo.

Labeling and comparing children to one another is cruel and hateful and down right mean and I won't say I am sorry for being that way. It makes children, if and when they hear/read/learn of these comments from adults to feel insecure and they then develop low self-esteem.........We are all entitled to our own opinions yet, some here need to rethink how they talk about children........why be so hateful to a child is beyond me. Some adults here are in needing a lesson on how to be a decent human being and stop the cruel comments about children, after all they where children once, I think or did they just grow up mean and hateful? Makes me wonder.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Aristocracy

"I actually think Estelle is in the public eye a bit too much"!!! I expected a discussion on this. I think we have to distinguish between releasing pictures and involving her in the activities of the RF.

The number of photos released does not raise any special comment, in my view, as they were listed by Lady Finn.
I am however more surprised about her presence at the tennis match in October f.i. (which can potentially be fairly long); or her standing on a table at the 40 anniversary cérémonies on the balcony. It is dangerous for a start, and gives her excessive emphasis in my view. I would have preferred more discretion.

I now also believe that V&D want to get her used to public appearances and the media as soon as possible, so that it appears natural to her. Maybe they discussed that with their pediatrician.

Estelle is probably spoilt one way or another, I hope V&D are, or will also be, demanding towards her about efforts in her future school work etc.

I had also noted the contrast between Estelle and prince George, regarding public appearances and photos. It is however not surprising : W&K had to calm down the pressure from media at the time of his birth.
Remember that when Estelle was 6 months she was already taken at Victoria's anniversary celebration in Solliden.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I think V&D are a reflection of the parenting style of many young people. Rather than keep Estelle tucked away with nannies she is folded into their lives, both private and public. They're both clearly loving hands on parents who want their daughter with the rather elsewhere. They're a reflection a many modern couples. While I know they employ nannies I never think of V&D as having a lot of help with parenting duties.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I think V&D are a reflection of the parenting style of many young people. Rather than keep Estelle tucked away with nannies she is folded into their lives, both private and public. They're both clearly loving hands on parents who want their daughter with rather elsewhere. They're a reflection a many modern couples. While I know they employ nannies I never think of V&D as having a lot of help with parenting duties.
That's lovely, if your child is not ever confused about the attention they get from the media. That's fairly rare. All the media coverage will have an impact on the person Estelle grows up to be. For good or not so good, there will be an impact.

“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Closed Thread

Tags
princess estelle