Princess Estelle, News and Pictures Part 1: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the camp that thinks Estelle is seen a bit too much, though I wouldn't say she is showcased. The SRF obviously just work differently than other royal families and they want to get her used to the media, which is fine as long as she doesn't resent it when she is older. William has said that the press intrusion on his life was hard, and the Wales' showcased William and Harry a lot as young children. They had lots of photoshoots and they were brought to engagements at young ages. All I am saying is that it can backfire on the parents if they child grows up thinking they have never been given a private life.

Anywho, I can't wait to see Estelle photos with her new cousin. :)

I don't think there's any comparison between Estelle and William with regard to the "paps". Poor William and Diana were literally stalked by the photographers - it's no wonder he hates them. There's a totally different attitude in Sweden about photographing the royal family. I don't see any difference between V and D taking Estelle with them when they go somewhere and any other parents anywhere in the world taking their children to special events. Plus there's no denying that Estelle must get used to being in the public eye and starting at an early age and making it fun can make a huge difference for her.

This forum surprises me everyday. There will be posts saying we don't see the kids enough and now there are posts saying we see too much. I don't think they will ever have a private life unless they never leave the palace Molly2101.

I think perhaps their thinking (Victoria and Daniel) is that if they do a little bit here and there it won't be so jarring as an adult.

Chelly, I wasn't necessarily saying we see her too much. I was just comparing Estelle to William as a child because William was seen a lot as a toddler and little boy. Charles and Diana did lots of photocalls with William and interviews with him and William, growing up, began to resent it and hate the intrusion. I was just saying I hope that Estelle does not feel like that.

Victoria and Daniel have only one photographer at the photoshoots of Estelle. They have the whole time used the same photographer, Kate Gabor, at the photoshoots. So Estelle has got used to her and the photoshoot is easy for her. Kate Gabor has even taken the photos of Estelle with the king and queen and Estelle with the royal family. Only at the photoshoot of the royal family on the National day at the courtyard there were more than one photographer.
When Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine were children, at the royal family photoshoots were many photographers.

The royal court published in 2013 photos of Estelle
- on her birthday 23th February (9 photos)
- at the end of April, Victoria and Estelle at the Haga Park (4 photos)
- on National Day 6th June, Estelle on a national costume (one photo)
- 8th November, Estelle at the Haga Park (two photos)
- 13th December, Christmas greeting, Estelle baking with Victoria and Daniel (4 photos)

Last edited:
Lady Finn:And about if Estelle will be beautiful or not, it isn't important. Being beautiful isn't the most important feature for a girl/woman. A beautiful person can be totally boring and without charisma and not interesting at all.

Dear Lady Finn:
Yes you are a lady and I so love your comment. Beauty is only in the eye of the beholder, all women are indeed beautiful, it's also what on the inside (developing when we are younger) that makes us women beautiful. And being labeled pretty/beautiful/attractive can does have it's problems for women. I really hate labels on a person, so very much.

Archduchess Zelia:Why make it a competition? Just as you're entitled to think that the Spanish Infantas are loveliest, other people/posters are just as entitled to think that Estelle (or any other royal child) is the loveliest. Regarding who's prettier than who, I think that's a disgusting comparison to make - pardon my harsh conduct. I see absolutely no point in comparing royal children (or ANY children, for that matter) to each other - especially not in terms of beauty.

Oh how I so agree with your comment, in fact the entire comment I agree with, just can't figure out how to do the Brackets that you all do...not a tech person at all....lololo.

Labeling and comparing children to one another is cruel and hateful and down right mean and I won't say I am sorry for being that way. It makes children, if and when they hear/read/learn of these comments from adults to feel insecure and they then develop low self-esteem.........We are all entitled to our own opinions yet, some here need to rethink how they talk about children........why be so hateful to a child is beyond me. Some adults here are in needing a lesson on how to be a decent human being and stop the cruel comments about children, after all they where children once, I think or did they just grow up mean and hateful? Makes me wonder.

"I actually think Estelle is in the public eye a bit too much"!!! I expected a discussion on this. I think we have to distinguish between releasing pictures and involving her in the activities of the RF.

The number of photos released does not raise any special comment, in my view, as they were listed by Lady Finn.
I am however more surprised about her presence at the tennis match in October f.i. (which can potentially be fairly long); or her standing on a table at the 40 anniversary cérémonies on the balcony. It is dangerous for a start, and gives her excessive emphasis in my view. I would have preferred more discretion.

I now also believe that V&D want to get her used to public appearances and the media as soon as possible, so that it appears natural to her. Maybe they discussed that with their pediatrician.

Estelle is probably spoilt one way or another, I hope V&D are, or will also be, demanding towards her about efforts in her future school work etc.

I had also noted the contrast between Estelle and prince George, regarding public appearances and photos. It is however not surprising : W&K had to calm down the pressure from media at the time of his birth.
Remember that when Estelle was 6 months she was already taken at Victoria's anniversary celebration in Solliden.

I think V&D are a reflection of the parenting style of many young people. Rather than keep Estelle tucked away with nannies she is folded into their lives, both private and public. They're both clearly loving hands on parents who want their daughter with the rather elsewhere. They're a reflection a many modern couples. While I know they employ nannies I never think of V&D as having a lot of help with parenting duties.

Last edited:
I think V&D are a reflection of the parenting style of many young people. Rather than keep Estelle tucked away with nannies she is folded into their lives, both private and public. They're both clearly loving hands on parents who want their daughter with rather elsewhere. They're a reflection a many modern couples. While I know they employ nannies I never think of V&D as having a lot of help with parenting duties.

That's lovely, if your child is not ever confused about the attention they get from the media. That's fairly rare. All the media coverage will have an impact on the person Estelle grows up to be. For good or not so good, there will be an impact.

I think V&D are a reflection of the parenting style of many young people. Rather than keep Estelle tucked away with nannies she is folded into their lives, both private and public. They're both clearly loving hands on parents who want their daughter with rather elsewhere. They're a reflection a many modern couples. While I know they employ nannies I never think of V&D as having a lot of help with parenting duties.

I couldn't agree more :flowers:

I think V&D are a reflection of the parenting style of many young people. Rather than keep Estelle tucked away with nannies she is folded into their lives, both private and public. They're both clearly loving hands on parents who want their daughter with the rather elsewhere. They're a reflection a many modern couples. While I know they employ nannies I never think of V&D as having a lot of help with parenting duties.

I think so, too.
PLUS: they are relying on the permanent "hunger" of the press/the swedish people for News & pics - and they are "feeding" them on the way THEY influence
PLUS: we are in modern times today with Social Media such as Facebook etc, so they use modern communication ways
So in toal I think, they are absolutely on the right way with a rightful Balance.... :flowers:

Bye Bine

PS.:I think, that the press "policy" on Prince George is a wrong one, i.e. keeping him nearly totally OFF the limelight. At least 1-2 official pics for Christmas would not have been a Drama. In the end he is only No 3 in line of succession (Estelle is 2), but everybody is interested in the future of the monarchy. So they are giving away a "Bonus Point" here. What a pity .... even Charles and Diane were better here.

That's lovely, if your child is not ever confused about the attention they get from the media. That's fairly rare. All the media coverage will have an impact on the person Estelle grows up to be. For good or not so good, there will be an impact.

Having the King of Sweden as your grand father and your mother as the heir apparent will have a much larger impact on Princess Estelle than a few photographers. The CP and P. Daniel's life will always be of interest to the press so their way of living and being out and about around our country and living their life around the duties and "job" they have will make it all seem much more normal to a child than living a life behind walls or in hiding.

I think that Victoria remembers very well her own childhood. Queen Silvia has many times told how devastating it was for her (and the king) to leave to official engagements, when the children, especially Madeleine, were left home crying, they didn't want their parents to go. Yes, there was a nanny, but a nanny isn't a mother of father. Madeleine has told how Victoria always tried to help in those situations, she started some game to comfort Madeleine. And Victoria has told how she as the oldest tried to be there for Carl Philip and Madeleine.
So maybe Victoria remembers this and that is why she and Daniel take Estelle with them to those public events they can. It is easier for them because Victoria isn't the regent yet.

I don't have any children, either, and never wanted them, and I never had a babysitting job. My mother couldn't even get me to babysit my own nephews!

I wonder what it is about Estelle that's affected us this way?

Funny...I've never been a 'baby person' either, but I was saying the other day that I think Estelle is adorable! The Christmas video was so fun to watch. She might not be the 'cutest' toddler, but she has her mother's "spark." She looks intelligent to me in a way that a lot of other toddlers don't.

Count me as a Princess Estelle fan, and a fan of Victoria and Daniel.

Last edited:
I think Estelle is one of the best raised royal kids around. At the wedding of Madeleine, she was remarkably well behaved and at her age, that is a rarity. You could tell she has a bond with her mother, a real bond, and she's someone who was raised to behave through loving correction, not through intimidation or a nanny who pushes her around. She's very well connected to the outside world and she's allowed to express herself, not keep her actions and personality and preferences stifled in.

Stoppa pressarna quotes the article in Svensk Damtidning

Estelle has become known for her bows. Johanna Engberg, who sells children's clothes in her shop, tells that the girls in Östermalm have worn bows for many years, but now more and more people want to buy them, it is a really big demand on bows and now every children's clothing shops sells bows also. And Engberg says that princess Estelle makes trends, by wearing bows she has affected also to the big clothing chains.
Prinsessan Estelle har blivit en trendsättare Stoppa Pressarna

As Estelle won't know about any other kind of life (and media attention) than what she is living now I don't think that it will harm her. I would think it would be more of a shock for those children who have to get used to the media at an older age, for example children of elected politicians.

I think that Princess Estelle´s parents understand the role she has to play in her country. I don´t hink they expose her too much. Most of her pictures are taken during public ceremonies such as her aunt´s wedding.
The Christmas video was marvelous and funny and she impressed me as being a child very normal with her parents and also very bright. Estelle will never be a private person. I´m glad her family understands that.

I'm looking forward to 2nd birthday pictures!

As Estelle won't know about any other kind of life (and media attention) than what she is living now I don't think that it will harm her. I would think it would be more of a shock for those children who have to get used to the media at an older age, for example children of elected politicians.

ITA; a huge problem with the royals these days is that they get too addicted to a private life, despite the expectations that are required. It's resulted in a lot of them making bad matches or going into a complete frenzy of claustrophobia.

ITA; a huge problem with the royals these days is that they get too addicted to a private life, despite the expectations that are required. It's resulted in a lot of them making bad matches or going into a complete frenzy of claustrophobia.
Any examples to back up your conclusions?

I think Estelle is one of the best raised royal kids around. At the wedding of Madeleine, she was remarkably well behaved and at her age, that is a rarity. You could tell she has a bond with her mother, a real bond, and she's someone who was raised to behave through loving correction, not through intimidation or a nanny who pushes her around. She's very well connected to the outside world and she's allowed to express herself, not keep her actions and personality and preferences stifled in.
You see children like that in some of the traditional churches where very small children understand there are rules in life. Some places are for running and playing and others are not. There is nothing worse than visitors to church let their kids run around unsupervised or scream, shout and throw things. Strangely, these kids are taught that life is "all about me" and of course it's not and children like Estelle behave beautifully and yet often it really is all about them. Go figure!

Thing is, I think a lot of these 'crazy kids' live in a home where there's a lot of repressed feelings and emotions and the kids can't do anything that other kids can do.

Estelle is likely able to scream her head off in play and fun and allowed to be a kid. She has all that energy out of her system before and after big events and she's still allowed to be expressive during appearances (remember how she was during that tennis match, allowed to run around as long as she stayed near her mommy?) and she isn't forced to behave rigidly.

During the wedding, she was fidgety at times, but when Victoria read that speech, Estelle reached, but Victoria just kept on reading ignoring Estelle, but Dan let Estelle play with Mommy's dress and Victoria made it clear that at the moment, she is "Princess," not "Mommy". Victoria openly set boundaries at that time, healthy boundaries.

I think Estelle has an edge over just about all other royal children of her generation. That edge is a mother who found the whole Crown Princess royalty deal so stressful she descended into Anorexia and a father that was part of her mother's recovery. They both know the worst that can happen, they've been there, they've lived it and they are stronger for it and it's an absolute certainty that they are going to do everything in their power to ensure their daughter, and any further children, have all the education and support they require.

I think Estelle has an edge over just about all other royal children of her generation. That edge is a mother who found the whole Crown Princess royalty deal so stressful she descended into Anorexia and a father that was part of her mother's recovery. They both know the worst that can happen, they've been there, they've lived it and they are stronger for it and it's an absolute certainty that they are going to do everything in their power to ensure their daughter, and any further children, have all the education and support they require.

It was a different Daniel that was a more integral part of her recovery. Unfortunately anorexia is almost epidemic among young women so being a royal was perhaps not the reason.

It was a different Daniel that was a more integral part of her recovery. Unfortunately anorexia is almost epidemic among young women so being a royal was perhaps not the reason.
It is my understanding that CP Victoria first ran into Daniel Westling at his gym in 2002 when Madeleine persuaded her to join her. With Daniel as her personal trainer it became part of Victoria's holistic approach to maintaining a healthy lifestyle having acknowledged that eating disorders don't just vanish.

Her previous boyfriend was Daniel Collert. They broke up in 2001. He too supported her in her battle against anorexia.

Last edited:
It is my understanding that CP Victoria first ran into Daniel Westling at his gym in 2002 when Madeleine persuaded her to join her. With Daniel as her personal trainer it became part of Victoria's holistic approach to maintaining a healthy lifestyle having acknowledged that eating disorders don't just vanish.

Her previous boyfriend was Daniel Collert. They broke up in 2001. He too supported her in her battle against anorexia.

Victoria and Daniel Collert broke up early 2001.
Victoria and Daniel Westling met eachother in 2001 when Victoria went to Daniel's gym.
H.R.H. Prince Daniel - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Daniel told at an interview before the wedding that they were first friends and when the press found out in the end of May 2002 that they were a couple, their relationship was already strong. Their dating had been kept secret by their friends and bodyguards.

Last edited:
:previous: That's cool, you have corrected my dates and clarified the issue. My only real objective was to point out that while there were indeed 2 Daniel's and that both were supportive.

Bringing us back to the fact that both Victoria and Daniel, for good or for ill, are totally aware of the hidden dangers young royals face and that their experience would give them an edge in supporting Estelle.

This is an assett when guiding a young royal through the teenage years which are totally unforgiving of anything less than perfection if pre-anorexia reports of Victoria being a "tubby" teen with a penchant for hamburgers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom