Princess Christina and Family, Current Events Part 1: March 2003 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Google Translate: "In 37 years he lived with his wife Christina, and he thinks it went too fast. He would like an eternity left with his wife."

Sweet. :wub:

Is it known already when Oscar & Emma will tie the knot?

Good that Gustaf has found new love. She is a couple years younger than he, isn't she?

Is it known already when Oscar & Emma will tie the knot?
It was rumored that it will be this year, but as they are really private we might not know beforehand.

Good that Gustaf has found new love. She is a couple years younger than he, isn't she?
Yes, she's 8 years younger.

I hearing that Princess Christina's son Oscar had married yesterday in France, is that right?

Oscar Magnuson & Emma Ledent to marry in France

Was Queen Silvia attend the wedding (now she is in France at time)? The king had an official event in Sweden!
I read yesterday on another board that Svensk Damtidning has an article about the wedding, the wedding was strongly private and there will be no photos released. The Queen, Victoria and Daniel did attend the wedding, which took place in Vence, France.

No photos released but I happen to know someone who was a guest at the wedding.
It was a traditional wedding and the bride wore a classical bride dress. No more informations!

SvenskDam tells that 55 guests attended the wedding in a private chapel in Vence, near the summer house of princess Christina and Tord Magnuson. A day before princess Christina and her husband had invited the guests to their summer house in Gattieres.
At the wedding people wore suits and dresses. After the wedding the guests went to their hotels to change clothes to evening dresses and tuxedos, the wedding dinner was held at a great restaurant nearby.

Princess Christina and her husband Tord Magnuson arrive to the festivities when the company Kinnevik celebrates its 75th anniversary.
ANP Photo

From Iltalehti:
The finnish reporters met princess Christina on Thursday morning, when she came out from her home near the castle with her dog. She told to the reporters, that she woke up when the finnish parish started their church service on Ascension Day. So she decided to go out with her dog. Princess Christina sang the last hymn with the finnish parish when the music could be heard outside the church. The princess couldn't talk long with the reporters, she said that she didn't have time to go for a coffee after the service, because her husband was waiting her at home to make breakfast.

Some of princess Christina's jewelry have been stolen, among the items were cuff links that had belonged to her grandfather and a watch that had belonged to Haile Selassie, emperor of Ethiopia. A 19 year old man who knows the princess's husband have confessed to the theft and to having sold the items. 19-åring stal prinsessans smycken - Sverige - www.gp.se

Dreadful news,how on earth did this young man find the keys to the safe,that baffles me!

The young man was staying in the couple's apartment and went one day into their bedroom to look for cigaretts and found the secret compartment where the keys were kept. Kupp mot Christina | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Well, the 'Aftonbladet' article is a bit more precise - amazingly detailed actually, because they must have had either access to the police files or the Princess' co-operation as they also publish pics of the crime scene, the hidden safe and the hiding place for its keys - rather strange, IMO.

According to the article, the real story goes like this:
The thief came to Sweden as a minor refugee in 2010, and Tord Magnuson considered himself to be his mentor.
The young man used to live part-time with Magnuson and Princess Christina who regarded him as ‘part of the family’, and he discovered the hiding place of the keys to the secret safe holding the jewels in the couple’s bedroom 'by accident'.
On the evening of the robbery in late May, he was house-sitting while Princess Christina and husband had gone out.
It's stated here that the thief sold all the jewelry, valued at 60.000 Euro, for less than 1000 Euro - but threw the tiara, valued at 40.000 Euro, in a Stockholm river. Divers tried to retrieve the tiara without success.

IMHO the story does have its dubious aspects, but with a newspaper like 'Aftonbladet', you never know.

Well, the 'Aftonbladet' article is a bit more precise - amazingly detailed actually, because they must have had either access to the police files or the Princess' co-operation as they also publish pics of the crime scene, the hidden safe and the hiding place for its keys - rather strange, IMO.
As the thief is "häktad", under arrest orders by a court, all the information about the theft, including police files, becomes public, "offentlig handling" and anyone who wants can get access to a copy of the information, according to Swedish law.

Thank you for the explanation, Meraude; I would have thought that in the case of public persons and members of the royal house, certain restrictions - for example regarding the publication of pics taken inside their private home - might apply.

What an awful event and a violation of trust.

I was surprised when I saw the pictures of the safe in the closet, since it to me looked like the type of locker one is required by law to use for storing guns.

Tord Magnusson has for some years been helping youths in Tensta, a Stockholm suburb with a vast immigrant population.

Well, I think Aftonbladet is trying to make a scandal out of this story. Today the are writing about the friendship between Magnusson and the somalian boy. They write that Magnusson and the boy soon became best friends and that Magnusson got him a job at Café Opera and that the two of them often went partying in central Stockholm. The boy went with Magnusson when he went to their summer house in the archipelago and that the boy stayed in the flat when princess Christina went abroad. Aftonbladet also claims that Magnusson forgave the boy but that Princess Christina refused to forgive him.

I fell very sorry for Christina who lost things of such a personal value and to be betrayed by someone she trusted.

I do not know how to put this, but this story has made people imply things and other stories have been told. I do not know if anything of them are true but I will try to tell them so that you who are not swedish can take part in some of the things people are discussing and implying.

Firstly someone claims that some jewels of the princess have been stolen in the 90s from her summer house in France. ( Do anyone of you have an article about it?)

Secondly it has been implied that the news that was published some years ago of "a swedish business man who was robbed in his hotel room in New York by two male prostitutes" is about Tord Magnusson.

Ingrid Cecilia said:
Secondly it has been implied that the news that was published some years ago of "a swedish business man who was robbed in his hotel room in New York by two male prostitutes" is about Tord Magnusson.

I hope it's not true, for Princess Christina's sake, but I admit that it crossed my mind that something seemed off, and this is one of the scenarios I considered.

It's just... So highly unusual for a wealthy, prominent man to take a poor younger man into live with him. There are other ways he could have helped the boy if that was the goal.

It'll be interesting to see how the story develops.

I agree that there's more to the story, although it's possible that the "more to the story" could be much more innocent than that. But there seem to be some odd holes in this story. Most glaringly, how did the Magnussons have a close relationship with this kid for 2 years and have him live with them at times and not notice he had serious character flaws?

It's just... So highly unusual for a wealthy, prominent man to take a poor younger man into live with him. There are other ways he could have helped the boy if that was the goal.
I think that it's a bit difficult for someone outside Sweden to understand the social structures in Sweden, as the differences between social classes are not as huge and strict as they are in for example the U.K. or U.S.A., the social "strata" is much flatter here in Sweden and there are more movement between the groups.

I don't think that the young man was living permanently with the Magnussons', it's more likely that he was staying with them perhaps one or two weekends a month and maybe a week or two during the summer, as a contact family/mentorship to help him to adapt to the Swedish society, it's the kind of work the Swedish Red Cross do when it comes to refugee children who comes here alone. I don't find it that unusual that someone who have been active in the Red Cross for many years (princess Christina) would want to participate and I would guess that Tord Magnusson have also been involved in the Red Cross during their marriage, regardless of their so called high social status.

I think that it's a bit difficult for someone outside Sweden to understand the social structures in Sweden, as the differences between social classes are not as huge and strict as they are in for example the U.K. or U.S.A., the social "strata" is much flatter here in Sweden and there are more movement between the groups.

I don't think that the young man was living permanently with the Magnussons', it's more likely that he was staying with them perhaps one or two weekends a month and maybe a week or two during the summer, as a contact family/mentorship to help him to adapt to the Swedish society, it's the kind of work the Swedish Red Cross do when it comes to refugee children who comes here alone. I don't find it that unusual that someone who have been active in the Red Cross for many years (princess Christina) would want to participate and I would guess that Tord Magnusson have also been involved in the Red Cross during their marriage, regardless of their so called high social status.

Ah, thank you for the clarification. I was indeed making the error of judging the situation by how things are in the U.S.

This makes my heart ache for them.

Ingrid Cecilia said:

When exactly did this happen?

If Tord Magnuson has anything to hide I doubt he would have encouraged the young man to go to the police and confess. Nor would he and the Princess have been so open with the press about the event. As far as being able to spot the "character flaw" it may be just as difficult as some parents have found out that the child they raised for 16-17 years and thought the world of suddenly has been stealing from them in order to buy drugs and alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom