Princess Christina and Family, Current Events Part 1: March 2003 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No he is not married yet.
Gustav and his partner Nathalie Ellis just bought a house, where they can start a family.
The second son, Oscar lives together with his partner Emma Ledent and the youngest one Victor took over his elder brother's appartment to live there with his partner Frida Bergvall.

Source: Svensk Damtidning

Tord Magnuson and Oscar Magnuson at the launch of Audi A8 on March 28. The launch was at Berwaldhallen with a concert with Bauhouse together with the Royal Festivals Orchestra. The designer Oscar Magnuson reflects on the function and importance of the design and the compere of the evening was Emma Sjöberg-Wiklund.
Audi A8 – lansering - STUREPLAN.se

Princess Christina inaugurated the exhibition in Ulriksdals Palace
Prinsessan Christina invigde utställning i Ulriksdals slottspark | Svensk Damtidning

A week before the royal wedding Express tells about a new love crisis in the royal family. Crown Princess Victoria's friend and favorite cousin, Gustaf Magnuson, 34, has broken with his great love - former reality show star Nathalie Ellis, 36.
- She will not come to the wedding, said the king's godson Gustaf Magnuson Expressen.
Kungabarnens kusin i kärlekskris - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

Are there any photos of the princess' sons at Victoria's wedding ?

ruthieviews

I was just looking through the thread on Queen Desideria and was amazed to see how much Princess Christina looks like some of the better portraits. Of course, I think Princess Christina is much prettier, but there is such a strong resemblance. And considering how involved Princess Christina is in representing the SRF and supporting other causes, it is clear she did not inherit Desiree Clary's reluctance to become an active participant in same.

I just read about it at the blog. Shocking news. I really hope Christina will get better soon. I am wishing her all the best!

Three operations + chemotherapy + radiation - sounds like she's had a really rough 2010. :sad: The last article sounds like she is much better now, and I hope that's accurate. Cancer is such a horrible disease, and Christina always seems like such a nice lady. So sorry to hear all this!

Having a lost a very good girlfriend to breast cancer this year at the age of 42, I wish a speedy or rather just a "recovery" from her illness.

Cancer is a dreadful disease that takes no prisoners regardless of race, sex, and/or economic situation.

I'm so sorry to hear that. My family went through this "hell" this year with my brother, cancer really is a dreadful disease. I wish her complete recovery and her family lots of strenght to support her. I really hope that the article is accurate and she's feeling much better now.

Princess Christina speaks about her cancer

Nearly 7000 women suffered this year from breast cancer.
One of them was Princess Christina; 67.
- I had surgery three times, "she told Aftonbladet.
In today's Aftonbladet is an interview with the king's sister, Christina.
There tell the princess how she was told last spring that affects one in ten Swedish women:
Breast cancer.
Been quiet royal family has kept the disease by itself.
And the synthesis is not a track where Princess Christina and her husband Tord Magnusson last summer photographed extensively in the context of Victoria's wedding.
Three operations Princess has secretly during the summer and fall undergone treatment at the Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm.
- I had surgery three times and I have undergone both chemotherapy and radiation. But I am happy and grateful that Sweden is a world leader in this area, "she told Aftonbladet. Read in Aftonbladet

Roger from the Scandinavian Royals Message Board wrote that he had spoken to Christina (I think he's like a writer or something where he has contact with some of the royals b/c I know he's quoted various people directly before). He said that "she feels better today - however she is very tired."

Someone else observed how happy/relaxed/interested she appeared at the Nobel banquet. No hint at all while on duty that she was at all sick. Truly a class act.

It's amazing that she underwent 3 operations and various treatments at one of the largest hospitals in Sweden and no one breathed a word all this time. (I thought the same after news of Daniel Westling's kidney transplant finally came out- obviously he was no stranger to the hospital by that point, but no one said a thing.) It really says something about the sensitivity and discretion not just of the medical and hospital staff, but I think of the Swedish people in general.

It's amazing that she underwent 3 operations and various treatments at one of the largest hospitals in Sweden and no one breathed a word all this time. (I thought the same after news of Daniel Westling's kidney transplant finally came out- obviously he was no stranger to the hospital by that point, but no one said a thing.) It really says something about the sensitivity and discretion not just of the medical and hospital staff, but I think of the Swedish people in general.

Well, i dont think anyone at any of the hopsitals in Stockholm thinks that revealing a celeberties illness is worth atleast 1 year in jail and not able to work in the medical community again. When you start working at a hospital you have to sign a paper about confidentiality.

Maybe this is something they should do in the United States (a year in jail and not able to work in the medical community again) if they reveal a celeberties illness or anyone's medical history. Too often they do. The threat of not being able to work in the medical community again is probably more of a deterant than 1 year in jail.

I wish Princess Christina a speedy recovery. My half-brother wife got breast cancer when she was 32 years old. Her doctor listened to her concerns and did tests. She battled it for 7 1/2 years and passed away two days after Thanksgiving. She was 39 years old. Would have been 40 in January.

Do any of the Swedish members (or any members, really) know an address where we could send cards and notes to the Princess?

Princess Christina has handled her cancer with toughness and courage. She is truly a class act. I can understand why nothing was released by the Princess until now. As with Daniel's kidney transplant, it's a private matter and the person doesn't need to have the press and public hanging around the hospital or clinic hoping for a view. All of us on the Forum like our privacy especially if we or our families are hospitalized and don't want personal info given out unless we give permission and that includes Royals and celebrities. In the US the laws have been toughen up with HIPAA and if someone has violated confidentiality, he/she can face Federal action.
Roger is a journalist and has written several books and is a Royal correspondent for on of the Swedish networks.

Adress

Do any of the Swedish members (or any members, really) know an address where we could send cards and notes to the Princess?

I´m sure You can use "Send a message" on this site

If You would write a post card or a letter You can use:
Kungl. Slottet
att: Prisessan Christina
SE-111 30 Stockholm
Sweden

Last edited:
I was so sad to hear about Princess Christinas condition, i wish her a speedy recovery, she is a real asset to the Swedish monarchy :flowers:

And she looks great I might add, is this for the first time she is in public with short hair?

Lovely to see her out! I hope she feels as good as she looks! :flowers:

Oscar Magnuson, second son of Princess Christina, has got engaged to his girlfriend Emma Ledent. They got engaged in France on February 11th.

Source: Svenska Dagbladet 20. 2. 2011

Om March 7, Princess Christina has attended the presentation of the new
ambassador of the 1,6 & 2,6 miljonerklubben, Viktoria Helgesson, a Swedish
figure skater.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Gustaf Magnuson and his girlfriend Vicky Andrén at Sebastian Ingrosso´s house concert at Münchenbryggerie last Saturday.
Stureplan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom