Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 3: January 2006 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If only he'd find a beautiful girl suitable for him... :ermm: I guess it's wishful thinking something similar would happen as did with Felipe. Or maybe he could meet some nice countess or princess somewhere in Germany or surrounding areas..?

If only he'd find a beautiful girl suitable for him... :ermm: I guess it's wishful thinking something similar would happen as did with Felipe. Or maybe he could meet some nice countess or princess somewhere in Germany or surrounding areas..?

I think most people would agree on this : handsome, yes but not really on the right track. Sofia continues to raise controversy including on her general attitude at the christening of Estelle. Felipe experienced a similar situation yes, although I think Sodia is even more controversial than the Norwegian top model girl.
Carl Philip is probably not looking for another relationship, so he will not find any. I have also difficulties in accepting his very slow education process... What else can we say about him; hopefully he will take up his share of official tasks as well as he can, without being involved in other scandals. He is also far from being a great speaker.:ermm::sad: I really wonder what was the level of involvement of the king in the education of his children?! or was it mainly left to Queen Sylvia?

Carl Philip requested an exemption from the shoreline protection to build a boathouse with sauna on his farm Ökenäs on the east coast.
But now he got a hard answer.
County Administrative Board of Södermanland said no, because they concluded that there aren't sufficient grounds to grant an exemption from the shoreline protection.
Prinsen får nej - hans bastu stoppas | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

Last edited:
^I don't get it. Why did they reject his proposal?

^I don't get it. Why did they reject his proposal?
There is a very old tradition in Sweden when it comes to every citizen's "allemansrätt" (freedom to roam) in nature and that right is now a part of the Swedish laws. The "strandskydd" (shoreline protection) is a part of those rights and to allow a person, regardless whether it's a royal or non-royal, to build any shoreline structure would diminish the genral public's freedom to roam. You can read more about it here: Freedom to roam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He really wants that boathouse, doesn't he? :ROFLMAO:

Or perhaps rather:
She really wants that boathouse, doesn't she? :ROFLMAO:

I am guessing you give CP no credit for being able to think for himself or to know what he wants.:whistling:

Or perhaps rather:
She really wants that boathouse, doesn't she? :ROFLMAO:

Just another jibe against Sofia just because she is Sofia. This is getting more and more boring and childish lately.

I am guessing you give CP no credit for being able to think for himself or to know what he wants.:whistling:

A lot of users around here don't. They think Carl Philip gave away his brain the moment her saw Sofoa for the first time. Another boring and childish argument if you ask me. Thank heavens there are at least a few around here who can see beyond their personal dislike and "I know her and her motivations0 because I saw a few pics of her"-way.

The text at this photo on APA-Picturedesk, 25th June:
Prince Carl Philip was rejected by the County Administrative Board for the almost 800 meter long traditional fence which he had built around his house outside the small town of Trosa. Now he and his girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist might be forced to demolish or move the fence. The County Administrative Board's experts have found that the fence has encroached too much on the availability for the public, according to newspaper Expressen.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Another boring and childish argument if you ask me. Thank heavens there are at least a few around here who can see beyond their personal dislike and "I know her and her motivations0 because I saw a few pics of her"-way.
Oh dear, I sense a case of humor failure happening... which is indeed one of the biggest bores which can happen in life, IMHO.

Of course those users around here who express their personal liking of Prince Carl Philip's current girlfriend on the premise of "I know her and her motivations because I saw a few pics of her" are neither boring nor childish, but exciting and mature?

(By the way, 'Expressen' writer Johan T. Lindwall answered in the newest edition of Swedish magazine 'S' the question whether he thinks that there will be an engagement soon by expressing his belief that there will be an engagement if Miss Hellqvist wants an engagement, adding that Miss Hellqvist executes a large amount of control over the Prince.)

In order to return to the subject of Prince Carl Philip's current events:
It might not be the smartest decision to try and appeal the decision of the County Administrative Board of Södermanland to prohibit his building plans.
This is bound to create a certain amount of negative sentiments, and if he suddenly wins the right to build despite the shoreline 'freedom to roam' law (particularly as the fence around his Tronas property already violates the rules), it invites accusations of favoritism.

Last edited:
It might have been easier for Carl Philip to get a permission to fence in his property and build a boat house/sauna if he was living permanently on the property, but he isn't and doesn't seem to be interested to move there permanently in the forseeable future, and are only using the place a few weeks during summer and weekends, so I can understand why he was denied permission to do something that would encroach pubilic access to the area the whole year.

It might not be the smartest decision to try and appeal the decision of the County Administrative Board of Södermanland to prohibit his building plans.
This is bound to create a certain amount of negative sentiments, and if he suddenly wins the right to build despite the shoreline 'freedom to roam' law (particularly as the fence around his [-]Tronas[/-] Trosa property already violates the rules), it invites accusations of favoritism.
Especially when one of the organisations that appealed against ther first deciciion to allow a building permit was Naturskyddsföreningen (the Swedish Environmental Coalition), and both Carl Philip and the king are keen on environmental issues, ecology and nature preservation (or is it perhaps only as long as those issues don't hinder their own activities?).

Last edited:
Oh dear, I sense a case of humor failure happening... which is indeed one of the biggest bores which can happen in life, IMHO.

Of course those users around here who express their personal liking of Prince Carl Philip's current girlfriend on the premise of "I know her and her motivations because I saw a few pics of her" are neither boring nor childish, but exciting and mature?

(By the way, 'Expressen' writer Johan T. Lindwall answered in the newest edition of Swedish magazine 'S' the question whether he thinks that there will be an engagement soon by expressing his belief that there will be an engagement if Miss Hellqvist wants an engagement, adding that Miss Hellqvist executes a large amount of control over the Prince.)

In order to return to the subject of Prince Carl Philip's current events:
This is bound to create a certain amount of negative sentiments, and if he suddenly wins the right to build despite the shoreline 'freedom to roam' law (particularly as the fence around his Tronas property already violates the rules), it invites accusations of favoritism.
The county originally approved the building with the sauna, hence the fence was put in.. It is the regional board and "naturskyddsföreningen" that voiced their concern and got it overturned. With a score of one to one it is certainly expected that he would go to appeal.

Last edited:
LadyFinn said:
The text at this photo on APA-Picturedesk, 25th June:
Prince Carl Philip was rejected by the County Administrative Board for the almost 800 meter long traditional fence which he had built around his house outside the small town of Trosa. Now he and his girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist might be forced to demolish or move the fence. The County Administrative Board's experts have found that the fence has encroached too much on the availability for the public, according to newspaper Expressen.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

What kinda fence is that?! Looks like it came from the middle ages.

What kinda fence is that?! Looks like it came from the middle ages.
The 'kinda' fence is what's called an 'old time fence', emulating the kind of fence old farms used to have.
Certainly unusual to Los Angeles eyes, but then I can recall kinda baroque LA fences which would look just as unusual to a European's eye. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom