Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 3: January 2006 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl Philip is a handsome man, but that hair is a BIG problem for me. IMO, he and Daniel have the worst hair, I mean with all their hair gel, they could keep a company in business for generations. Other than that, he's got a great face and really hot body (or at least from what I can see with his clothes on).

Sofia looks really pretty there, and they both look really happy together :)

Several posts have been removed as they did not comply with the forum rule:

Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Any questions should be directed to the mod team via PM.

JessRulz
Swedish Forum Mod

Has he been doing any duties lately?Or is he still working on his college degree?If he is he is 32 and wow........

Yes, Carl Philip got to a car accident yesterday, outside the Grand Hotel in Stockholm. There were long queues and the prince was standing, when a black Volvo suddenly began to back straight towards him.
Carl Philip beeped several times, but the driver did not notice it, and backed straight into his car.
Court confirms the incident, but stresses that it was nothing serious.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article13144949.ab

The prince soon land surveyors

Prince Carl Philip's study is almost completed. It remains only a few courses before the prince could take his professional degree as land surveyors. - "The prince is an ambitious and diligent student," said Anette Neldestam Communications at the Swedish University of farming to Expressen.

Wasn't he supposed to finish years ago? I have a feeling when he gets his degree he'll find something else to study.

Not this studies. He studied design (or was it fotography?). So it's his second degree next to the other one AND his militäry career AND his royal duties. I think it's a lot to gain at this age. And if he wants to study something else after this degree why not? It's his decision.

i got a question i hear prince carl might be getting married soon??? is there anyone from sweden that hear about this??? or is this just a crazy rumor???:eek:

As far as I see it's just a crazy rumor which origins from the fact that his girlfriend joined the SRF on their summer holiday in Paris and the Cote D'Azur.

Maybe the Swedes among us have other informations. But I doubt it.

Not this studies. He studied design (or was it fotography?). So it's his second degree next to the other one AND his militäry career AND his royal duties. I think it's a lot to gain at this age. And if he wants to study something else after this degree why not? It's his decision.

What royal duties? He's got the least engagements for the month of August out of the entire family - one on the 31st of August.

It's great that he wants to continue his studies, but it's starting to look like it's at the expense of the rest of his family.

Every engagement he's attending he's doing because he want's do. Not because he has to. Because he isn't paid by the tax payers. So if he wants to attend just one engagement per month it's absolutely okay. No-one can hold this against him, because he's doing this engagement for free. And definitely not at the expense of the family.

he isn't paid by the tax payers.
No, he is not.
His father is. And he distributes allowannces to other family members including Prince Carl Philip.
In other words, of course the Prince receives an undisclosed amount of tax payers' money, just like his younger sister which was confirmed by PR Chief Ternert a few months ago.

Right and wrong

No, he is not.
His father is. And he distributes allowannces to other family members including Prince Carl Philip.
In other words, of course the Prince receives an undisclosed amount of tax payers' money, just like his younger sister which was confirmed by PR Chief Ternert a few months ago.

We can not know if the prince lives of King Karl Gustav remote private wealth or "the taxpayers' money." Such is the Swedish royal court statement right now. There are a lot of criticism from some political parties which want the money should be shown in more detail, but yet so far there is nothing to push them in the Swedish Parliament. the prince can continue to choose whether he wants to represent to Sweden or just living off daddy's money ...

Last edited:
No, he is not.

I never said anything against your argument. I just said he doesn't get tax money officially. If his dad gives him a part of the money he (the king) is getting then it's the kings decision to give it to him. It's his money in that moment. And if he wants to give it to his son or younger daughter (who also doesn't get anything officially) no-one has the right to hold that against him. And no-one can tell the son or younger daughter to also work for that money. The money is earned by the king.It doesn't need to be earned again. Or did you go to the company your father works for when he gave you yor pocket money once a week/month?

On the other hand we don't know if Carl Philip and Madeleine really get their share from the tax money or from the private money the king makes with trust funds or through inhirance or whatever. It could very well be that the two younger Bernadottes only get their hands on tax money when they need clothes for the nobel price ceremony or the national day or whatever official royal duty they're attending. Or when they're representing Sweden offroad. And in that situation it's a "give and take" situation. Give me money so I can afford to look phantastic / get where I need to be in time and I will represent our country the best I can."

To be honest I can think about the last mentioned way of managing their money (private and tax) as the way they really do it. It would make the most sense IMO.

Last edited:
Kitkat2006 - do we really need to know about remuneration by the King or by the State?
If the Swedish population has grievances about the money, surely they would be the ones to query the arrangements ??

Bernadotte´s private money

Bernadotte family paid once the Swedish government's public debt with their own private assets after Jean Baptist appointed as Crown Prince against the government subsequently repaid the interest ence of maintenance to the royal family Bernadotte. The royal appanage originated from here. Bernadotte family was not without money, and money has been well managed over the years. This money is not the Swedish state's assets, but belongs by right of inheritance Bernadotte family.

---

One can naturally ask whether it is good that a young man in the prince's age is maintained by his Father. (But it 'is another discussion). I have acquaintances that will help their own children the same age as I myself tried to teach my children to become independent. However, I can not comment on what my friends do with their own money than we may have views on what the Bernadotte family does with their private funds.

Kitkat2006 - do we really need to know about remuneration by the King or by the State?
If the Swedish population has grievances about the money, surely they would be the ones to query the arrangements ??

Renata4711 - I just answered on a question/statement that's being made right before me. And I answered on a statement made on my statement. That's called discussion. Discussions in the internet are being held in a forum. This is a forum. So what problem do you have with me acting naturally to my surrounding. Is the problem that you don't agree with me? If so you're acting ridiculous, my dear. So there's absolutely no reason to yell at me like that.

Bernadotte family paid once the Swedish government's public debt with their own private assets after Jean Baptist appointed as Crown Prince against the government subsequently repaid the interest ence of maintenance to the royal family Bernadotte. The royal appanage originated from here. Bernadotte family was not without money, and money has been well managed over the years. This money is not the Swedish state's assets, but belongs by right of inheritance Bernadotte family.

---

One can naturally ask whether it is good that a young man in the prince's age is maintained by his Father. (But it 'is another discussion). I have acquaintances that will help their own children the same age as I myself tried to teach my children to become independent. However, I can not comment on what my friends do with their own money than we may have views on what the Bernadotte family does with their private funds.

The first half of your posting is really interesting. I didn't know all this in such detail. I just knew that there's a lot of money and property that's nothing to do with the state but a lot with inheritance and proper money management. So thanks for this info, Karisma.

The second half is what I see a little different. I don't see it entirly as spoiled kids living of daddys money, but more like living of families money. Because what more right to this money and property has the father than his children, when it's from centuries of inheritance management after inheritance management? It's the childrens money just like it's the fathers. So why should the children work for their own money when the father isn't doing the same? If the father doesn't work for his own money (to spend for private things like hobbies, clothes, university, house/appartement) why should the children do it? They have a right to all this things just like their father has, because they belong to the same family. Do you know what I mean?

Last edited:
To study and learn courses that makes you grow in independence versus others are good for everyone. Prince CP have done well with his design stuides and as a land surveyor. I tried to make comparisons between my friends, who I respect and love, and myself and my children. But we are not royal and we do not have the Bernadotte's fortune. But we respect each other. And I also think that you should trust the Swedish royal family and respect and review the choices made for CP and Madeleine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom