The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Gentry

It says that the other students are not required to bow or curtsy to Carl Philip, but they have been advised to address him as "prince". The article also says that Carl Philip does not need to show his ID when he wants to borrow books from the library because everybody knows him.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

He doesn't have to use an ID to check out a book at the library? Some how I doubt that, a book has to be checked out if it leaves the library in order to keep track of where it is (if its available for others to use, or unavailable), plus those evil late fees. Unless they are referring to someone the books that no one is allowed to check out and you have to ask to see them, so in return for seeing them they hold on to your ID at the help desk till you give the book back before you leave. Unless they look him up in the system manually then check him out that way but that would be stupid, its just so much easier so scan/swip the back of the card. I wonder if he doesn't need to use a atm card at the bank either? He just walks up to it and it hands over its money to him. As would any of the bank tellers.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hola!/EL PISO DE ESTUDIANTE DEL PRÍNCIPE CARLOS FELIPE ES UN CASTILLO RENACENTISTA
Old 01-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Aristocracy

He looks cute in that picture,very casual looking.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Courtier

I wonder until when is he going to keep studying???
Old 01-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

As mentioned already a few times before, Prince Carl Philip is NOT studying full-time.
In the course of this year, he is just taking a few courses at the University of Agricultural Sciences, each of which lasts a few weeks, with the purpose of being sufficiently prepared to manage the estates he's going to inherit one day. Reasonable enough, I'd say.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:46 AM
Courtier

I'm not sure if this goes here, but i found this video about an interview they did to CP 14 years ago

Old 02-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Courtier

Courtesy of Expressen.se & Google Translate.

"Mina systrar blev rejält förvånade" - Nyheter - Expressen.se

Translated version of http://www.expressen.se/Nyheter/1.1474933/mina-systrar-blev-rejalt-forvanade=

An article about P Carl-Philip's studies at the agricultural college and also what his family think about him studying agricultural science.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Administrator

The interview was already given in January, here are some
more pics of it:

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden is seen during an interview with
the newpspaper Expressen at the premises of the Swedish
University of Agricultural Sciences in Alnarp, Sweden, January
12, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
Old 03-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Serene Highness

^Really nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

Random question: anyone know about how tall CP is? He seems a little on the short side.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
^Really nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

Random question: anyone know about how tall CP is? He seems a little on the short side.
I would appreciate that Carl Philip is approximately 1.74 cm long, as long (short) as his father.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Majesty

Will there be any special event this years as carl philip is celebrating 30 years?
It has been when he turned 18 and 25, the same for madeleine.
Victoria has her victoria day on her birthday but they made a event in stockholm at her 18th 25th and 30th birthday.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Commoner

This has probably been discussed at some point - but I was wondering whether anyone knew why Carl Philip was sent to boarding school in America at such a young age?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qisabella View Post
This has probably been discussed at some point - but I was wondering whether anyone knew why Carl Philip was sent to boarding school in America at such a young age?
If I remember correctly the school specialized in children with learning disabilities(dyslexia)
Old 04-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalone3 View Post
If I remember correctly the school specialized in children with learning disabilities(dyslexia)

Actually, it is a very academically rigorous school - my husband interviewed there once. That is odd then - considering that Carl Philip does have learning issues....
Old 05-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qisabella View Post
When was Carl Philip at and American boarding school?
Old 05-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Courtier

I don't know if this is the right place for this post (if there is one better feel free to move the post there): I have found some old piece of news about an experience (don't know if call it scandal or terrible episode) happened to C-P when he was only 15 yo.. someone knows what I am refering to? This episode is never remembered in his bios, how is it possible?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Commoner

No I have never heard of this. What kind of scandal? Is this why he was sent to the states at such a young age?
Old 05-31-2009, 05:40 AM
Courtier

That has in fact happened in the summer before his departure to US but I don't know if the two thinks are linked.
Here's the link to where I read the news orge reali, scandalo alla corte di Svezia
It is in italian: it came out that in a pre-confirmation spiritual retreat the prince and his companions of both sexes were allowed/encouraged to take part in erotic games at the prensence of their adult religiuos teachers
Old 05-31-2009, 05:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I don´t think it was the reason for his stay abroad. Most likely his dyslexia was the reason.

I know the story with the confirmation camp...and it´s quite weird actually. The weirder it is, because 3 years later Madeleine was in the same confirmation camp/course with the same reverend...and he is even discussed to marry Victoria and Daniel (as assistant to the bishop)...

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, current events, prince carl philip