The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Or perhaps rather:
She really wants that boathouse, doesn't she?
Just another jibe against Sofia just because she is Sofia. This is getting more and more boring and childish lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I am guessing you give CP no credit for being able to think for himself or to know what he wants.
A lot of users around here don't. They think Carl Philip gave away his brain the moment her saw Sofoa for the first time. Another boring and childish argument if you ask me. Thank heavens there are at least a few around here who can see beyond their personal dislike and "I know her and her motivations0 because I saw a few pics of her"-way.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

The text at this photo on APA-Picturedesk, 25th June:
Prince Carl Philip was rejected by the County Administrative Board for the almost 800 meter long traditional fence which he had built around his house outside the small town of Trosa. Now he and his girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist might be forced to demolish or move the fence. The County Administrative Board's experts have found that the fence has encroached too much on the availability for the public, according to newspaper Expressen.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 06-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Another boring and childish argument if you ask me. Thank heavens there are at least a few around here who can see beyond their personal dislike and "I know her and her motivations0 because I saw a few pics of her"-way.
Oh dear, I sense a case of humor failure happening... which is indeed one of the biggest bores which can happen in life, IMHO.

Of course those users around here who express their personal liking of Prince Carl Philip's current girlfriend on the premise of "I know her and her motivations because I saw a few pics of her" are neither boring nor childish, but exciting and mature?

(By the way, 'Expressen' writer Johan T. Lindwall answered in the newest edition of Swedish magazine 'S' the question whether he thinks that there will be an engagement soon by expressing his belief that there will be an engagement if Miss Hellqvist wants an engagement, adding that Miss Hellqvist executes a large amount of control over the Prince.)

In order to return to the subject of Prince Carl Philip's current events:
It might not be the smartest decision to try and appeal the decision of the County Administrative Board of Södermanland to prohibit his building plans.
This is bound to create a certain amount of negative sentiments, and if he suddenly wins the right to build despite the shoreline 'freedom to roam' law (particularly as the fence around his Tronas property already violates the rules), it invites accusations of favoritism.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

It might have been easier for Carl Philip to get a permission to fence in his property and build a boat house/sauna if he was living permanently on the property, but he isn't and doesn't seem to be interested to move there permanently in the forseeable future, and are only using the place a few weeks during summer and weekends, so I can understand why he was denied permission to do something that would encroach pubilic access to the area the whole year.

Quote:
It might not be the smartest decision to try and appeal the decision of the County Administrative Board of Södermanland to prohibit his building plans.
This is bound to create a certain amount of negative sentiments, and if he suddenly wins the right to build despite the shoreline 'freedom to roam' law (particularly as the fence around his Tronas Trosa property already violates the rules), it invites accusations of favoritism.
Especially when one of the organisations that appealed against ther first deciciion to allow a building permit was Naturskyddsföreningen (the Swedish Environmental Coalition), and both Carl Philip and the king are keen on environmental issues, ecology and nature preservation (or is it perhaps only as long as those issues don't hinder their own activities?).
Old 06-28-2012, 03:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Oh dear, I sense a case of humor failure happening... which is indeed one of the biggest bores which can happen in life, IMHO.

Of course those users around here who express their personal liking of Prince Carl Philip's current girlfriend on the premise of "I know her and her motivations because I saw a few pics of her" are neither boring nor childish, but exciting and mature?

(By the way, 'Expressen' writer Johan T. Lindwall answered in the newest edition of Swedish magazine 'S' the question whether he thinks that there will be an engagement soon by expressing his belief that there will be an engagement if Miss Hellqvist wants an engagement, adding that Miss Hellqvist executes a large amount of control over the Prince.)

In order to return to the subject of Prince Carl Philip's current events:
This is bound to create a certain amount of negative sentiments, and if he suddenly wins the right to build despite the shoreline 'freedom to roam' law (particularly as the fence around his Tronas property already violates the rules), it invites accusations of favoritism.
The county originally approved the building with the sauna, hence the fence was put in.. It is the regional board and "naturskyddsföreningen" that voiced their concern and got it overturned. With a score of one to one it is certainly expected that he would go to appeal.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip attended today at the start of the ÅF Offshore Race in Stockholm.
Nyheter | INVIGNINGEN EN KUNGLIG AFFÄR | KSSS
Old 06-28-2012, 07:18 PM

he really wears a suit. :p
Old 06-29-2012, 05:22 AM
Courtier

Carl Philip is such a handsome man
Old 06-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video
Old 06-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn
The text at this photo on APA-Picturedesk, 25th June:
Prince Carl Philip was rejected by the County Administrative Board for the almost 800 meter long traditional fence which he had built around his house outside the small town of Trosa. Now he and his girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist might be forced to demolish or move the fence. The County Administrative Board's experts have found that the fence has encroached too much on the availability for the public, according to newspaper Expressen.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
What kinda fence is that?! Looks like it came from the middle ages.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
The 'kinda' fence is what's called an 'old time fence', emulating the kind of fence old farms used to have.
Certainly unusual to Los Angeles eyes, but then I can recall kinda baroque LA fences which would look just as unusual to a European's eye.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
The roundpole fence, Roundpole fence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , goes back to iron age and are still common in Sweden, Finland and Norway.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I've been told by friends of mine that Prince Carl Philip of Sweden is in the Irish city of Galway on the west coast to attend the Volvo Ocean Race Finale.How true this is I don't know,I'd did find some links saying that he was to attend,whether he did or not is another story

Latest News - Prince Carl Philip of Sweden on his way to Galway for Volvo Ocean Race Finale
Old 07-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I've been told by friends of mine that Prince Carl Philip of Sweden is in the Irish city of Galway on the west coast to attend the Volvo Ocean Race Finale.How true this is I don't know,I'd did find some links saying that he was to attend,whether he did or not is another story

Latest News - Prince Carl Philip of Sweden on his way to Galway for Volvo Ocean Race Finale
A look at the official website's calendar would have helped as Prince Carl Philip as patron of the Volvo Ocean race is indeed listed to attend the finale in Ireland both today and tomorrow.
But the fact that he was still car racing in Sweden today is another story indeed...
Old 07-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
A look at the official website's calendar would have helped as Prince Carl Philip as patron of the Volvo Ocean race is indeed listed to attend the finale in Ireland both today and tomorrow.
But the fact that he was still car racing in Sweden today is another story indeed...
Well that answers that
Old 07-24-2012, 05:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip lost his wallet in Båstad.
They thought they were deceived
Wilhelm Backman and Linnéa Gustavsson thought someone was joking with them when they found Carl Philip's wallet in Båstad. When the prince collected his lost possessions was no mention of any reward.
Prins Carl Philip lämnade ingen hittelön | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Svensk Damtidning knows that Carl Philip lost his Gucci-wallet when he was doing some exercise, jogging at the boardwalk. He and Sofia have been accommodated at some friends of Carl Philip, at Tennisvägen (Tennis street). The founders told to Aftonbladet that Carl Philip seemed quite stressed out, he thanked and was relieved that they found his wallet.
SvenskDam thinks that of course Carl Philip was relieved, he is going to Olympics next week and it would have been difficult to get all papers and cards in order until then. Now the trip was saved!
Prins Carl Philip tappade plånboken i Båstad | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation
Old 08-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Motor på programmet när prinsen gästade - nwt.se
Google translation

Prins Carl Philip besökte Hagfors | Hagfors.se

Aftonbladet about Carl Philip's visit and how the prince is now working after his fight. Carl Philip said that he had enjoyed of his day.
And Aftonbladet was late yesterday in contact with the court about the fight in Cannes. The court confirmed that it has not gone further with the case.
- We still have not decided how to act in this matter. But we'll sit down with the prince and our lawyer and go through what are the possibilities. And after that, we will leave a response, says Bertil Ternert.
Carl Philip tillbaka på jobbet | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 08-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
And Aftonbladet was late yesterday in contact with the court about the fight in Cannes. The court confirmed that it has not gone further with the case.
- We still have not decided how to act in this matter. But we'll sit down with the prince and our lawyer and go through what are the possibilities. And after that, we will leave a response, says Bertil Ternert.
The longer they wait, the less likely it is that the truth about what happened that night will be revealed and the identity of the "attacker" known.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip inaugurated the shooting range at Söderåsens Shooting & Events in Wrams Gunnarstorp.
He had made a test shoot couple of hours earlier, since according to the court rules that may not be done in the presence of journalists.
- I am extremely impressed. This is fantastic, fun and interesting, said the prince at his speech.
Prinsen invigde skjutbiografen - hd
Translation

Prins Carl Philip invigde skjutbiograf i Wrams Gunnarstorp - Sveriges Kungahus

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, current events, prince carl philip