The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Carl Philip at the Army Days in Ravlunda , May 9th

Prins Carl Philip närvarade vid markstridsdagarna i Ravlunda - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] *** translation

Old 05-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Old 05-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

An article about Carl Philip renovating the Ökenäs farm, it is estimated that it has cost about four million SEK, 450.000 euros. The neighbours tell that CP and Sofia are there quite often. When CP inherited the farm, the value was estimated to about 900.000 euros, but nowadays similar farms are sold to a price of 1 million 670.000 euros.
Prinsen rustar arvet - för minst fyra miljoner | Leva & bo | Heminredning Allt för Hus & Hem | Expressen
Google translation

Photos of the Ökenäs estate
Prinssi Carl Philip remppaa maalaistaloa | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi
Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Gentry

No news about CP b'day celebration?
Old 05-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Thanks for the pics! I've been wondering what that estate looks like. He has a lot of work to do on that place., but renovating can be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_tka View Post
No news about CP b'day celebration?
Madeleine and CP's birthdays are usually a low key affair. Unlike Victoria who's birthday is publicly celebrated every year, both Madde and CPs birthdays are celebrated every 5 years. So his 35th birthday will be public, with lots of pics, etc:)
Old 05-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5

Thanks for the pics! I've been wondering what that estate looks like. He has a lot of work to do on that place., but renovating can be fun.

Madeleine and CP's birthdays are usually a low key affair. Unlike Victoria who's birthday is publicly celebrated every year, both Madde and CPs birthdays are celebrated every 5 years. So his 35th birthday will be public, with lots of pics, etc:)
We might have to wait till his 40th. 35 isn't really considered a big birthday, is it? I think the significant ones are: 18, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60..Madeleine is turning 30 very soon, though. Not sure there are any plans for a public celebration with her being in New York.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
We might have to wait till his 40th. 35 isn't really considered a big birthday, is it? I think the significant ones are: 18, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60..Madeleine is turning 30 very soon, though. Not sure there are any plans for a public celebration with her being in New York.
I thought it was every 5 years? Hmmmm
Old 05-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have never notice before that Prince Carl Phillip is left handed

http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0027296121.jpg
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0027296122.jpg
Old 05-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I thought it was every 5 years? Hmmmm
In Sweden it's traditionally been when coming of age (18), 25, 50, 65 (retirement), 75 and after that every five years. Today many people start celebrating every even 10 years from that they turn 30.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
In Sweden it's traditionally been when coming of age (18), 25, 50, 65 (retirement), 75 and after that every five years. Today many people start celebrating every even 10 years from that they turn 30.
Thanks I didn't know that. So I guess we will have to wait till he's 40! Bummer!

I've always thought it unfair that Victoria's birthday is publicly celebrated every year on the dot and Madde and CPs bdays are not.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Thanks I didn't know that. So I guess we will have to wait till he's 40! Bummer!

I've always thought it unfair that Victoria's birthday is publicly celebrated every year on the dot and Madde and CPs bdays are not.
Unfair? to whom? Well, that much for different tastes

I know better things to amuse myself with, than grinning at hundreds of people, I don't know and shake humid hands and have hours of small talk etc.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
Unfair? to whom? Well, that much for different tastes

I know better things to amuse myself with, than grinning at hundreds of people, I don't know and shake humid hands and have hours of small talk etc.
If I were in their position I'd want to touch as many lives as possible. You never know who's day you could make by simply smiling and shaking a "humid" hand as you put it. And BTW, Victoria doesn't just shake hands and make small talk on her birthday. She has concerts where some of the most famous people in the world perform. And that's why I think it's unfair. They should go way out for Madde and CP. But that just my opinion
Old 05-17-2012, 02:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
If I were in their position I'd want to touch as many lives as possible. You never know who's day you could make by simply smiling and shaking a "humid" hand as you put it. And BTW, Victoria doesn't just shake hands and make small talk on her birthday. She has concerts where some of the most famous people in the world perform. And that's why I think it's unfair. They should go way out for Madde and CP. But that just my opinion
Victoria is the heir and the future queen, that's why it is understandable that her birthday is a bigger event than Carl Philip's and Madeleine's. I think that the swedish people would find it rather odd if CP and Madeleine would have grand celebrations. Victoriadagen in Öland was done to add tourism to Öland. Kay Wieståhl, the organizer of Victoriadagen in Öland, has told about a meeting with the king where they concluded that they would do anything to keep tourism alive in Öland, and the concert tradition was started.

Carl Philip's 30th birthday was celebrated at the courtyard of the Royal Palace, so maybe they do the same with Madeleine, if she is in Sweden on her birthday.
http://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamilj...800014640.html
Old 05-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip attended today at Lantmästarförbundet's (Association of Land Surveyors) 75th anniversary celebrations in Alnarp. He was elected as a honorary member of the union. This includes a life-long membership in the union and the Prince will be invited to all events, seminars, annual general meetings and various events organized by the association.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 05-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
She has concerts where some of the most famous people in the world perform. And that's why I think it's unfair. They should go way out for Madde and CP. But that just my opinion
As a lot of people in Sweden are not impressed by how much (or should I say how little) work Carl Philip and Madeleine does for Sweden compared to Victoria and now Daniel do, I don't think special events for those two would be that popular in Sweden.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip on Saturday
Carl Philip gästade Alnarp - Lomma/Burlöv - Skånskan.se
Old 05-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Courtier

I think the bigger question is not whether they marry ---- but how long will the marriage last. I can only assume she's in it for Love, if not how long will she stick around for afterwards, and what's in it for her? So am assuming its not because he's a Prince, but because she feels he's the one for her.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip attended today at a ceremony at the UN memorial in connection with Veterans Day in Stockholm.
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...16679477_n.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-m-SZjv-07G...arl_philip.jpg
Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 AM
Administrator

Here's some additional information and pics:

** Pic ** forsvarsmakten.se: Sveriges veteraner hyllades ** translation **

** kungahuset.se: Prins Carl Philip närvarade vid Veterandagen ** translation **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery: Carl Philip komeana univormussa **
Old 05-31-2012, 06:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

May 30th - Prince Carl Phillip visited the demining operation

Prins Carl Philip besökte minröjningsoperation - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] *** translation

Tags
carl philip, current events, prince carl philip