Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 3: January 2006 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aftonbladet wrote today that Daniel fed the elk "Lillprinsen (=Little prince)" yesterday. But what the real "Lillprinsen" Carl Philip does during the autumn, no one knows. According to the court press department Carl Philip attends at the celebration of the king 40 years at the throne, but that is just one day. He has no other work events. Annika Sönnerberg from the press department said that Carl Philip has given a lot of time for designing and he competes in racing. On Monday he launched a collection of plates, he came up with the idea but not designed. If there will be a change on the career remains to be seen. What the Prince really wants to do, no one seems to know.
Royal expert Roger Lundgren said that it is usually so with most people 35 years of age. He's a grown man now so we'll hope for engagement and wedding soon. Annika Sönnerberg said that it is the future, only time will tell. He tries to keep all areas of interest active.
No matter what the prince plans for the future racing takes time away from his official duties. There are three races left and he is scheduled to continue for two more years. Press officer Johan Meissner from Volvo Polestar said that they think it has exceeded expectations. This is the first learning year. After the season, a new goal will be set up for the next.
Slut på semestern - nu börjar allvaret Nyheter Aftonbladet

... and after the article was published the court was busy to update Carl Philip's calendar.
http://www.kungahuset.se/kalender/hkhprinscarlphilip.4.7d567ccd12609a2858d80003401.html

Last edited:
Expressen has an article about Carl Philip. He has the least work duties of the royal family, he is concentrating on his racing, his design and the king hopes that he takes over Stenhammar.
During the fall Carl Philip focuces on his design tasks and jobs in the royal family:
- That will be one of the main focus, then, we will be posting various official duties of the Royal House. Prince will work with this in the fall, says Ulrika Näsholm from the press department.
Så har prinsen byggt sitt liv utanför familjen Extra Expressen Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller
Translation

Expressen's Johan T Lindwall says that Carl Philip doesn't like to be at the official duties, he doesn't like to be at the limelight. Most of his duties are of family events, the king's 40 years on the throne, Madeleine's wedding, Lilian's funeral. He hardly does duties all over Sweden and doesn't represent the Royal House in that way.

Last edited:
:previous:

Thank you for posting this; it sort of leaves me with a strange feeling of P.Carl-Philip not really knowing what he wants to do with his life and everybody trying to push him in the "right" direction.
Almost feel a bit sorry for him...:sad:

Last edited:
I think it would be a great idea to give Prince Carl Philip a bigger role within the royal family.

I think it would be a great idea to give Prince Carl Philip a bigger role within the royal family.

He is 34 years old, if he wanted to have a bigger role in the family, he has had many years to tell it to his father. But obviously he is more interested in designing and racing. He isn't very good in holding speeches and seems very uncomfortable sometimes in official engagements.

Last edited:
I know I'll be playing a bigger role within the family. Time to put that racing crap down and get down to business.

I know I'll be playing a bigger role within the family. Time to put that racing crap down and get down to business.

Obviously he doesn't have a clue what he could do for the Royal House, in what he would like to focuse or what he is interested in. Daniel has made himself a clear role in only three years.
On the other hand, he isn't as important for the Royal House as Victoria and Daniel, so Carl Philip can stay in the shadows. I think Carl Philip will race at least for five years still.

Obviously he doesn't have a clue what he could do for the Royal House, in what he would like to focuse or what he is interested in. Daniel has made himself a clear role in only three years.
On the other hand, he isn't as important for the Royal House as Victoria and Daniel, so Carl Philip can stay in the shadows. I think Carl Philip will race at least for five years still.

I agree about Daniel - the man should be cloned LOL. He is so wonderful.

I too like how Daniel has carved out his role within the royal family. He practically hit the ground running after the wedding. He also look very comfortable too.

You would think Carl Philip would be years ahead in royal duties ahead of his brother-in-law.

Didnt he work in Armed Forces? Almost all princes do right.. That would have kept him occupied till his mid-30s, and given him some ambition and direction in life..

Do any of the Swedish royals have especially heavy official work schedules either at home or abroad? It never appears so.

After Carl Philip had inaugurated the track, there was also an invitation show race. Carl Philip raced with Fredrik Ekblom, Thed Björk and Marcus Ericsson.
Björk and Ekblom raced with Carl Philip in STCC, Björk won the championship.
En unik bana i Sverige tyckte prinsen
Translation

Do any of the Swedish royals have especially heavy official work schedules either at home or abroad? It never appears so.

Well, at least king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia have quite busy schedules. The swedish royals concentrate more to work in Sweden than abroad. Of course the queen travels with Childhood and Mentor Foundations quite much and the king with the Scouts, and of course the state visits. Victoria goes next week to New York to United Nations and on 8th October to Belgium to International Paralympic Committee Honorary Board meeting. Carl Philip visits South Korea, there hasn't been told what the visit is about. Daniel visits Åland in Finland in October.

Didnt he work in Armed Forces? Almost all princes do right.. That would have kept him occupied till his mid-30s, and given him some ambition and direction in life..

Carl Philip hasn't worked in the Armed Forces. He completed his military service with the Amphibious Battalion of Vaxholm's Coast Artillery Regiment and was trained as a combat boat commander. In 2001-2002 he completed a Naval Officer training course. During the autumn of 2007, Carl Philip studied at the Swedish National Defence College. In spring 2008 he read business economics and continued with his military education.

Last edited:
Reading these messages, I wonder what kind of Crownprince he would have been. In the end he is rather similar to his father.

Reading these messages, I wonder what kind of Crownprince he would have been. In the end he is rather similar to his father.

If there wouldn't have been the change between Carl Philip and Victoria he would have had a very different upbringing and education. So we can't compare Prince Carl Philip with Crownprince Carl Philip. Those two would have been completely different men.

We cannot say that. Yes his upbringing might have been quite different from what he had now. Ac tually The King would have taken lot of care, taking lessons from his own life and youth, while raising him and made him a more purposeful man.

What I feel is, the "demotion" of Carl Philip definitely dejected the King. He sort of felt sorry for the injustice done for him, and so eventually tried to compensate that by letting him have an unresticted, unburdened lifestyle of his own choice..

I think he would be a lot more serious as a person. I don't think he'd race cars and I definitely don't think he would be dating Sofia.

I think he would be a lot more serious as a person. I don't think he'd race cars and I definitely don't think he would be dating Sofia.

Even as a Sofia-Supporter I second that. There is a big difference between dating a simple Prince and dating a Crown Prince. Sofia would have had to fight a lot more and give up a lot more to be accepted than she has now. Hence why Daniel had to fight and give up more than Chris and Sofia had.

Apart from that I think Carl Philip would have been a good, hard working Crown Prince similar to how Victoria is now.

Carl Philip visits the Republic of Korea (South Korea) on 7th-9th October. The court hasn't given any official program, Ulrika Näsholm from the press department told to Svensk Damtidning some weeks ago that Carl Philip will attend a traffic safety symposium and visit companies, both Swedish and Korean.
Prins Carl Philip på väg till Sydkorea Svensk Damtidning
Translation

On the first day of the visit Carl Philip attended Korea-Sweden Road Safety Forum, visited swedish companies and the university of Hongik.
Prins Carl Philip besöker Sydkorea, dag 1 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
South Korea was probably chosen for Carl Philip's visit because he has been there before because of the meetings of IUCN.

Last edited:
Carl philip does not get much press. Does svenk dam have a reporter in s korea. If victoria or Madeleine were abroad on royal duty they would get the press attention

Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall releases next April a book "Carl Philip: Prinsen som inte fick bli kung" ("Carl Philip: The Prince who didn't get to be a King")

A portrait of a shy guy, always a step behind her sisters.
Carl Philip was born as crown prince and future king of Sweden. But less than a year after his birth, he was stripped of the right to inherit the throne, which the king still can not accept. Carl Philip himself is relieved that it's big sister Victoria who will one day become queen. He is the one in the family who feels uncomfortable in the spotlight and has also been struggling with dyslexia and difficulties in getting mates. He has also been bullied.
Over the years, Carl Philip has had several agonizing conflicts with his parents, including the girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist. But when Carl Philip threatened to break with the family and renounce his prince title if they did not accept Sofia they gave in. Even the king and queen realized finally that girl from Älvdalen helped their son to have a self-confidence he always lacked, and now the engagement is approaching.
Carl Philip Prinsen som inte fick bli kung - Johan T Lindwall - 9789137141985 Adlibris Bokhandel – Alltid billigt, fraktfritt från 99 kr

Lindwall has earlier written books "Victoria - princess private " and "Madeleine - princess private "

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning writes that they saw Carl Philip at the exclusive night club Bergmans in Stockholm on one Saturday night in October. Sofia wasn't with Carl Philip, he had male friends with him. One of the owners of Bergmans is Carl Philip's friend Ulf Frederick von Roth. Carl Philip ordered three bottles of champagne Cristal, which costs 1650 SEK (almost 190 euros) a bottle.

Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall releases next April a book "Carl Philip: Prinsen som inte fick bli kung" ("Carl Philip: The Prince who didn't get to be a King")

A portrait of a shy guy, always a step behind her sisters.
Carl Philip was born as crown prince and future king of Sweden. But less than a year after his birth, he was stripped of the right to inherit the throne, which the king still can not accept. Carl Philip himself is relieved that it's big sister Victoria who will one day become queen. He is the one in the family who feels uncomfortable in the spotlight and has also been struggling with dyslexia and difficulties in getting mates. He has also been bullied.
Over the years, Carl Philip has had several agonizing conflicts with his parents, including the girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist. But when Carl Philip threatened to break with the family and renounce his prince title if they did not accept Sofia they gave in. Even the king and queen realized finally that girl from Älvdalen helped their son to have a self-confidence he always lacked, and now the engagement is approaching.
Carl Philip Prinsen som inte fick bli kung - Johan T Lindwall - 9789137141985 Adlibris Bokhandel – Alltid billigt, fraktfritt från 99 kr

Lindwall has earlier written books "Victoria - princess private " and "Madeleine - princess private "

I wonder what would happen if the parents of a Prince who made a threat like this finally were to call his bluff?

Once, just once...I would love to see it happen!:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom