The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Gentry

i got a question i hear prince carl might be getting married soon??? is there anyone from sweden that hear about this??? or is this just a crazy rumor???

Old 08-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Courtier

As far as I see it's just a crazy rumor which origins from the fact that his girlfriend joined the SRF on their summer holiday in Paris and the Cote D'Azur.

Maybe the Swedes among us have other informations. But I doubt it.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Not this studies. He studied design (or was it fotography?). So it's his second degree next to the other one AND his militäry career AND his royal duties. I think it's a lot to gain at this age. And if he wants to study something else after this degree why not? It's his decision.
What royal duties? He's got the least engagements for the month of August out of the entire family - one on the 31st of August.

It's great that he wants to continue his studies, but it's starting to look like it's at the expense of the rest of his family.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Courtier

Every engagement he's attending he's doing because he want's do. Not because he has to. Because he isn't paid by the tax payers. So if he wants to attend just one engagement per month it's absolutely okay. No-one can hold this against him, because he's doing this engagement for free. And definitely not at the expense of the family.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
he isn't paid by the tax payers.
No, he is not.
His father is. And he distributes allowannces to other family members including Prince Carl Philip.
In other words, of course the Prince receives an undisclosed amount of tax payers' money, just like his younger sister which was confirmed by PR Chief Ternert a few months ago.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Nobility

Right and wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
No, he is not.
His father is. And he distributes allowannces to other family members including Prince Carl Philip.
In other words, of course the Prince receives an undisclosed amount of tax payers' money, just like his younger sister which was confirmed by PR Chief Ternert a few months ago.
We can not know if the prince lives of King Karl Gustav remote private wealth or "the taxpayers' money." Such is the Swedish royal court statement right now. There are a lot of criticism from some political parties which want the money should be shown in more detail, but yet so far there is nothing to push them in the Swedish Parliament. the prince can continue to choose whether he wants to represent to Sweden or just living off daddy's money ...
Old 08-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
No, he is not.
I never said anything against your argument. I just said he doesn't get tax money officially. If his dad gives him a part of the money he (the king) is getting then it's the kings decision to give it to him. It's his money in that moment. And if he wants to give it to his son or younger daughter (who also doesn't get anything officially) no-one has the right to hold that against him. And no-one can tell the son or younger daughter to also work for that money. The money is earned by the king.It doesn't need to be earned again. Or did you go to the company your father works for when he gave you yor pocket money once a week/month?

On the other hand we don't know if Carl Philip and Madeleine really get their share from the tax money or from the private money the king makes with trust funds or through inhirance or whatever. It could very well be that the two younger Bernadottes only get their hands on tax money when they need clothes for the nobel price ceremony or the national day or whatever official royal duty they're attending. Or when they're representing Sweden offroad. And in that situation it's a "give and take" situation. Give me money so I can afford to look phantastic / get where I need to be in time and I will represent our country the best I can."

To be honest I can think about the last mentioned way of managing their money (private and tax) as the way they really do it. It would make the most sense IMO.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Kitkat2006 - do we really need to know about remuneration by the King or by the State?
If the Swedish population has grievances about the money, surely they would be the ones to query the arrangements ??
Old 08-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Nobility

Bernadotte´s private money

Bernadotte family paid once the Swedish government's public debt with their own private assets after Jean Baptist appointed as Crown Prince against the government subsequently repaid the interest ence of maintenance to the royal family Bernadotte. The royal appanage originated from here. Bernadotte family was not without money, and money has been well managed over the years. This money is not the Swedish state's assets, but belongs by right of inheritance Bernadotte family.

---

One can naturally ask whether it is good that a young man in the prince's age is maintained by his Father. (But it 'is another discussion). I have acquaintances that will help their own children the same age as I myself tried to teach my children to become independent. However, I can not comment on what my friends do with their own money than we may have views on what the Bernadotte family does with their private funds.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Kitkat2006 - do we really need to know about remuneration by the King or by the State?
If the Swedish population has grievances about the money, surely they would be the ones to query the arrangements ??
Renata4711 - I just answered on a question/statement that's being made right before me. And I answered on a statement made on my statement. That's called discussion. Discussions in the internet are being held in a forum. This is a forum. So what problem do you have with me acting naturally to my surrounding. Is the problem that you don't agree with me? If so you're acting ridiculous, my dear. So there's absolutely no reason to yell at me like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma View Post
Bernadotte family paid once the Swedish government's public debt with their own private assets after Jean Baptist appointed as Crown Prince against the government subsequently repaid the interest ence of maintenance to the royal family Bernadotte. The royal appanage originated from here. Bernadotte family was not without money, and money has been well managed over the years. This money is not the Swedish state's assets, but belongs by right of inheritance Bernadotte family.

---

One can naturally ask whether it is good that a young man in the prince's age is maintained by his Father. (But it 'is another discussion). I have acquaintances that will help their own children the same age as I myself tried to teach my children to become independent. However, I can not comment on what my friends do with their own money than we may have views on what the Bernadotte family does with their private funds.
The first half of your posting is really interesting. I didn't know all this in such detail. I just knew that there's a lot of money and property that's nothing to do with the state but a lot with inheritance and proper money management. So thanks for this info, Karisma.

The second half is what I see a little different. I don't see it entirly as spoiled kids living of daddys money, but more like living of families money. Because what more right to this money and property has the father than his children, when it's from centuries of inheritance management after inheritance management? It's the childrens money just like it's the fathers. So why should the children work for their own money when the father isn't doing the same? If the father doesn't work for his own money (to spend for private things like hobbies, clothes, university, house/appartement) why should the children do it? They have a right to all this things just like their father has, because they belong to the same family. Do you know what I mean?

Old 08-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Nobility

To study and learn courses that makes you grow in independence versus others are good for everyone. Prince CP have done well with his design stuides and as a land surveyor. I tried to make comparisons between my friends, who I respect and love, and myself and my children. But we are not royal and we do not have the Bernadotte's fortune. But we respect each other. And I also think that you should trust the Swedish royal family and respect and review the choices made for CP and Madeleine.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, August 31, Prince Carl Philip attended the premiere of the film "Hoppets Hamn" (Harbour of Hope) in Malmö.

** Pic **

** svenskdam.se: Carl Philip på filmpremiär i Malmö ** translation **
Old 09-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Majesty

it seems that he will do more royal duties nor, do you think he will take on some of victorias when she is in the end of her pregnancy and awhile after the birth
Old 09-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, September 12, Prince Carl Philip has visited the Swedish Trade Council in Stockholm.

** Pic ** kungahuset.se: Prins Carl Philip besöker Exportrådet ** translation **
Old 09-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday, September 12, Prince Carl Philip has visited the Swedish Trade Council in Stockholm.

** Pic ** kungahuset.se: Prins Carl Philip besöker Exportrådet ** translation **
The swedish royals are keen to visit the Swedish Trade Council, prince Daniel visited it on December 21st last year.
Prins Daniel besökte Exportrådet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 09-15-2011, 12:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip attended at opening night of fashion photographer Francesco Valentino's art exhibition in Berns Salonger on Wednesday. Valentino takes photos of celebrities, he has also taken a photo of Carl Philip.
The exhibition is carried out on behalf of Marianne and Sigvard Bernadotte artist fund.
Through the years they have handed out over 175 scholarships to young artists, and now Carl Philip has chosen to become patron of the fund.
- It's fantastic that Prince Carl Philip, who is himself a designer becomes protector and shows his support and commitment to young artists. My husband and I Sigvard have worked all our lives to support the arts, says Marianne Bernadotte.
Video:
TV: Här hänger Carl Philip med Carl Philip | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Here are some pics of it, the first with the crown has something funny

Prince Carl Philip arriving at the opening of the exhibition of Italian photographer
Francesco Valentino in Stockholm, Sweden, September 14, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** svenskdam.se: Prins Carl Philip: Jag är själv inspirerad av fotografering **
Old 09-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Courtier

Thank you Iceflower for these photographs. The Prince looks quite dashing in his grey suit and navy silk tie. Certainly one of Sweden's most eligible batchelors.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from the exhibition:
Prinssi Daniel Francesco Valentinon näyttelyn avajaisissa. | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi
Old 09-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Administrator

For sure, Daisiesforever, and you are most welcome

Today, September 16, Prince Carl Philip unveiled a memorial of the Swedish
Count Folke Bernadotte of Wisborg at the Royal Djurgarden Park in Stockholm.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Tags
carl philip, current events, prince carl philip