Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 3: January 2006 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GrandDuchess said:
The Court Marshal of H.R.H. The Crown Princess' Household says to the media today that Prince Carl Philip, together with four childhood friends, will go to Germany to attend the World Cup match between Sweden and England on Tuesday.
Thats great! I think its good when royals supports their teams at such events

and a good thing for us to; many fun photos :)

GrandDuchess said:
The Court Marshal of H.R.H. The Crown Princess' Household says to the media today that Prince Carl Philip, together with four childhood friends, will go to Germany to attend the World Cup match between Sweden and England on Tuesday.

Ohh he´s so lucky, I could kill for a ticket to that game :)

Yay new pic!!! He's so lucky to go to the World Cup, I'm stuck watching it on TV.

No photos of him in Germany yet? I didnt saw him on tv either...
but hey, it was a great game! (2-2)

Are we 100% sure that he is there because I find it odd that there were no pics of him.

kaydura0717 said:
Are we 100% sure that he is there because I find it odd that there were no pics of him.
As no one saw him we cant be 100 % sure, but since it was mentioned in the official calendar I think it would be strange if he hadnt been there...?

I watched the German news carefully, he wasn't even mentioned in the German media, so I was wondering whether he was really in Cologne or not...

He was there, but even if it was mentioned in the official calendar, it seems he was there in private together with four friends. He wasn't seated in the VIP section, but in the normal crowd, and was mentioned in two articles I saw (he was spotted before the match).

I wonder if any of the Swedish fans said anything to him? I would've been like CARL!!! if he was feet away from me.

Yesterday at the Royal Family's summer haven Solliden at the island of Öland, Prince Carl Philip went kite surfing. Apparently he's been practicing it for two years, the sport came to Sweden seven years ago.

The Prince tries to practice it whenever he has the time, and according to a source of Aftonbladet, the King has also taken an interest and started to learn.

It can be a dangerous sport is one doesn't master the technique and have "education" for it, but Carl Philip apparently masters it but takes people with him in the boat for safety.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,856863,00.html

Pictures by Uffe Kongsted via Aftonbladet.

Attachments

• Kitesurfing Solliden 13 jul 2006_1.jpg
    Kitesurfing Solliden 13 jul 2006_1.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 455
  • Kitesurfing Solliden 13 jul 2006_2.jpg
    Kitesurfing Solliden 13 jul 2006_2.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 539
looks like they´ve got really bad weather on Öland... poor Victoria. Hope the sun will shine on her today!

Carl Philip on holiday with a friend in the town of Båstad in southern Sweden!

Carl Philip and his friend were seen in the harbour wearing rubber costumes. They rented an RIB boat and jet skies.
- Thats what I call royal fun. The boat have room for 16 people but the prince and his friend rent it for themselfs only.
The boat came from Stora Blå in Båstad and is a large boat mostly used by the military.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,866648,00.html

photo by Christian Herlin/ Aftonbladet

Attachments

• NYHETER-04s17-phillip-390_438.jpg
    NYHETER-04s17-phillip-390_438.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 723
Last edited:
Does anyone else think he needs a haircut? I mean having such long hair for state occassions for a guy doesn't look very good. Maybe I'm being a bit old-fashioned.

PrincessDianafan said:
Does anyone else think he needs a haircut? I mean having such long hair for state occassions for a guy doesn't look very good. Maybe I'm being a bit old-fashioned.

You might be...? I hope he won´t change it for a long time to come!
Carl Philip has gorgeous, very thick hair, inherited by his mother and it
would be a great shame to cut it off. In fact it has a much more beautiful structure than the hair of his sisters!
And it´s not that long not to be able to wear it in such a manner on state occasions by far.
I used to think for a long time by now, that it´s very boring in my opinion
for princes always to have the same kind of short hairstyle.
Just look at the two Casiraghi-boys (though they´re not Royals): The long
hair looks simply fantastic and is a nice change to the alltime-average-princes-look.

The court is not amused with an article written by Daniel Nyhlen for TV4. He had publushed yesterday at 8.45 an article describing Carl Philips party night out at the posh stureplan club "The White Room" It describes how he and his friends got very drunk and splashed champagne on each other, danced on the tables and wrestled with each other, further some guest said they had never seen the Prince so drunk. At 9.45 the article was removed. In TV4 they say the needed to do some double checking and that things had gone a little fast. Nyhlen is suprised the article was removed, and says he stands by it 100%

The Courts press woman Nina Eldh says the Prince was at a party, but there was deffenetly NO splashing of champagne, and NO wresteling, and that even Princes must be allowed a night out with his buddies. She has talked to the Prince, and he felt that the article had exaggerated
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=657176
The court has dropped that case and does not want an apology:rolleyes:

Ulf Frederik von Roth says the Prince was at the White Room but he did not experience the Prince as drunk rather he was having a good time

Last edited:
Larzen said:
The court is not amused with an article written by Daniel Nyhlen for TV4. He had publushed yesterday at 8.45 an article describing Carl Philips party night out at the posh stureplan club The White room, it describes how he and his frineds got very drunk and splashed champagne on each other, danced on the tables and wrestled with each other, further some guest said they had never seen the Prince so drunk. at 9.45 the article was removed. In TV4 they say the needed to do some double chcking and that things had gone alittle fast. Nyhlen is suprised the article was removed, and says he stands by it 100%

The Courts press woman Nina Eldh says the Princes was at a party, but there was deffenetly NO splashing of champagne, and NO wresteling, and that even Princes must be allowed a night out with his buddies. She has talked to the Prince, and he felt that the article had exaggerated
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=657176
The court has dropped that case and does not want an apology:rolleyes:

Ulf Frederik von Ruth says the Prince was at the White Room but he did not experience the Prince as drunk rather he was having a good time

Well, I´m for freedom of speech...the Royal court is allowed to present the Royal youngsters as super good, perfect and lovely honeymakers, so why shouldn´t ppl like Daniel Nyhlén be allowed to present it their way. At least that´s what I would understand under democracy. Ppl, who don´t like that can always read other media (Svensk Damtidning for example)
Personally I´m tending to believe the Nyhlén version a little more...it seems Carl Philip doesn´t always say no to binge parties (do you remember the story of him getting injured, when sliding on a serving tray) So what...better admiting it, than playing the saint. At least in my opinion it´s more likeable...

BTW aren´t many friends of the Royal family working at TV4 :rolleyes:

I also have to say that that particular guy in the Apprentice season 5, Tarek Saab does have a resemblance with Prince Carl as well as with Orlando. Tarek's pretty cute.
Btw, is Prince Carl going to do any travels in the near future?

Yes, he's going to Shanghai together with the Crown Princess soon. Read more on the thread here.

Did you saw this title? "Carl Philips vilda natt censurerad"? Can you translate, and comment, please?

Bia said:
Did you saw this title? "Carl Philips vilda natt censurerad"? Can you translate, and comment, please?

Carl Philips wild night out censored.

The story is about an article Daniel Nyhlen wrote and published on www.tv4.se who later mystic disappeared. It was said that the royal court did not approve of the article where prince Carl Philip was describe as a party animal and had it removed.

In answer to Lena, about freedom of speech. This is a good thing - but with it goes responsibility. To publish things that damage someone's reputation usually has legal implications. You need to be very sure of your ground. And it is possible that the law in Sweden is the same as in the UK - the Editor is reponsible for the content of the papers. So maybe, when the Court complained about the inaccuracies in the story, the Editor felt he evidence was not strong enough to keep it running.

I think a Prince should have the same resort to the law in cases of possible defamation as anyone else has.

Friday 1/9
> H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip
Opening of Gillinge Traffic Center’s new track (the D track)

Three pictures from Gillinge, more can be found here.

I know that Prince Carl-Philp once had been in the Sweden royal navy before going on to school. But how long did he stay in the Swedish royal navy before leaving?

Prince Carl Philip at the "Expedition Linné" Documentary Premiere: April 1, 2007

Carl Philip and photographer Mattias Klum arrive to the premiere of the 'Expedition Linné' film documentary at the Rigoletto Theatre in Stockholm, Sweden, April 1, 2007. The 'Expedition Linné' documentary follow in the footsteps of Swedish explorer Carl von Linné. The film is produced by Klum and Folke Rydén. Prince Carl Philip has participated in some of the expeditions in the film.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

He is looking more and more like his father, especially in Pic 3.

Prince Carl Philip is very good-looking, similar to his father, but darker. I think though he should have shorter hair, it would look classier, he's a prince anyway.;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom