Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 3: January 2006 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's end of hope that someday CP will be back whit Emma.She is expecting a child in autumn :)

I think there was no hope for their reunion. Emma looks very nice and happy! We are waiting for CP and Sofia official engagement!:whistling:

Last edited:
Congratulations to Emma; she really does look radiant.
It's a shame it never worked out between her and Prince Carl Philip though; she would have made a wonderful Princess.

Prince Carl Phillip inaugurated exhibition for 100 birthday of Prince Bertil
On the end of speech he spoke about Count Carl Johan :flowers:

Before we do that, I would like to ask you to give some thoughts to Prince Bertil's brother Carl Johan Bernadotte - a person who also has meant a lot to our family and for me.
Carl Johan was, like his brother, also a warm and happy person and he has now left a big gap. I also appreciated him very much and will miss him and our pleasant conversation.

Prins Carl Philip invigde utställning om prins Bertil på Strömsholms slott - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] ** translation

Wow! Congrats to Emma. She has certainly moved on.

An article about Carl Philip renovating the Ökenäs farm, it is estimated that it has cost about four million SEK, 450.000 euros. The neighbours tell that CP and Sofia are there quite often. When CP inherited the farm, the value was estimated to about 900.000 euros, but nowadays similar farms are sold to a price of 1 million 670.000 euros.
Prinsen rustar arvet - för minst fyra miljoner | Leva & bo | Heminredning Allt för Hus & Hem | Expressen
Google translation

Photos of the Ökenäs estate
Prinssi Carl Philip remppaa maalaistaloa | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi

Last edited:

Thanks for the pics! I've been wondering what that estate looks like. He has a lot of work to do on that place., but renovating can be fun.

No news about CP b'day celebration?

Madeleine and CP's birthdays are usually a low key affair. Unlike Victoria who's birthday is publicly celebrated every year, both Madde and CPs birthdays are celebrated every 5 years. So his 35th birthday will be public, with lots of pics, etc:)

Last edited:
CrownPrincess5 said:
Thanks for the pics! I've been wondering what that estate looks like. He has a lot of work to do on that place., but renovating can be fun.

Madeleine and CP's birthdays are usually a low key affair. Unlike Victoria who's birthday is publicly celebrated every year, both Madde and CPs birthdays are celebrated every 5 years. So his 35th birthday will be public, with lots of pics, etc:)

We might have to wait till his 40th. 35 isn't really considered a big birthday, is it? I think the significant ones are: 18, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60..Madeleine is turning 30 very soon, though. Not sure there are any plans for a public celebration with her being in New York.

We might have to wait till his 40th. 35 isn't really considered a big birthday, is it? I think the significant ones are: 18, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60..Madeleine is turning 30 very soon, though. Not sure there are any plans for a public celebration with her being in New York.

I thought it was every 5 years? Hmmmm

I thought it was every 5 years? Hmmmm
In Sweden it's traditionally been when coming of age (18), 25, 50, 65 (retirement), 75 and after that every five years. Today many people start celebrating every even 10 years from that they turn 30.

In Sweden it's traditionally been when coming of age (18), 25, 50, 65 (retirement), 75 and after that every five years. Today many people start celebrating every even 10 years from that they turn 30.

Thanks I didn't know that. So I guess we will have to wait till he's 40! Bummer!

I've always thought it unfair that Victoria's birthday is publicly celebrated every year on the dot and Madde and CPs bdays are not.

Thanks I didn't know that. So I guess we will have to wait till he's 40! Bummer!

I've always thought it unfair that Victoria's birthday is publicly celebrated every year on the dot and Madde and CPs bdays are not.

Unfair? :whistling: to whom? Well, that much for different tastes :lol:

I know better things to amuse myself with, than grinning at hundreds of people, I don't know and shake humid hands and have hours of small talk etc. :ermm:

Unfair? :whistling: to whom? Well, that much for different tastes :lol:

I know better things to amuse myself with, than grinning at hundreds of people, I don't know and shake humid hands and have hours of small talk etc. :ermm:

If I were in their position I'd want to touch as many lives as possible. You never know who's day you could make by simply smiling and shaking a "humid" hand as you put it. And BTW, Victoria doesn't just shake hands and make small talk on her birthday. She has concerts where some of the most famous people in the world perform. And that's why I think it's unfair. They should go way out for Madde and CP. But that just my opinion;)

If I were in their position I'd want to touch as many lives as possible. You never know who's day you could make by simply smiling and shaking a "humid" hand as you put it. And BTW, Victoria doesn't just shake hands and make small talk on her birthday. She has concerts where some of the most famous people in the world perform. And that's why I think it's unfair. They should go way out for Madde and CP. But that just my opinion;)

Victoria is the heir and the future queen, that's why it is understandable that her birthday is a bigger event than Carl Philip's and Madeleine's. I think that the swedish people would find it rather odd if CP and Madeleine would have grand celebrations. Victoriadagen in Öland was done to add tourism to Öland. Kay Wieståhl, the organizer of Victoriadagen in Öland, has told about a meeting with the king where they concluded that they would do anything to keep tourism alive in Öland, and the concert tradition was started.

Carl Philip's 30th birthday was celebrated at the courtyard of the Royal Palace, so maybe they do the same with Madeleine, if she is in Sweden on her birthday.
http://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamil...gaslottet.5.6b0698e911fa8f90058800014640.html

Last edited:
Carl Philip attended today at Lantmästarförbundet's (Association of Land Surveyors) 75th anniversary celebrations in Alnarp. He was elected as a honorary member of the union. This includes a life-long membership in the union and the Prince will be invited to all events, seminars, annual general meetings and various events organized by the association.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

She has concerts where some of the most famous people in the world perform. And that's why I think it's unfair. They should go way out for Madde and CP. But that just my opinion;)
As a lot of people in Sweden are not impressed by how much (or should I say how little) work Carl Philip and Madeleine does for Sweden compared to Victoria and now Daniel do, I don't think special events for those two would be that popular in Sweden.

I think the bigger question is not whether they marry ---- but how long will the marriage last. I can only assume she's in it for Love, if not how long will she stick around for afterwards, and what's in it for her? So am assuming its not because he's a Prince, but because she feels he's the one for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom