The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 01:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Carl Philip isn´t doing well at his studies and he must read school books during the Christmas Holiday:
Prinsen ligger efter - måste läsa på lovet - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate
How on earth do people find out these things?

Old 12-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
How on earth do people find out these things?
Well, in Sweden you can get the grades of anyone you want from the entire schoolsystem. The place he studies at keep the grades in the system called LADOK and the paper just have to phone and ask them for his graders.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Nobility

Grades are not private?
Old 12-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
Grades are not private?
Nope, according to swedish law, the offentlighetsprincip, every swedish citizens grade belong to the public domain and can be asked for by the media if they want. I have seen the grades from Daniel, Jonas Bergstrom and Emma Pernald a few years ago. Jonas had topgrades, Daniel average grades and Emma had in the upper half i belive. They havent posted Sofias yet(i think).

They have also posted the kings, Victorias, Carl-Philip and Madeleines grades for every swedish school they attended.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:54 AM
Serene Highness

Must be a lot of pressure for the Royals- the whole country would know if you failed an exam!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
Nope, according to swedish law, the offentlighetsprincip, every swedish citizens grade belong to the public domain and can be asked for by the media if they want.
This is a bit OT...but since there is already talk about grades... I remeber reading a while back that the grades are public only if you go to public school, if you go to private school you or your parents have to give premission for the grades to be public. Is that true?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Prince Carl Philip received the firs. December 16, 2010

Prins Carl Philip tog emot granar - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Google Traduttore
Old 12-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prins Carl Philip och Bocuse d'Or - Sveriges Kungahus
Prins Carl Philip stöttade tävlingskocken inför Bocuse d’Or | Svensk Damtidning
Old 01-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prins Porsche – en gratiskung | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Carl Philip's new car is a luxus-Porsche worth a million swedish crones.
But the prince himself has not paid a dime - the car is sponsored by Porsche.

For years, Carl Philip drove a leased Volvo XC90. But now the prince opted out of the Swedish car and instead started running German. Namely, a brand new Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid - worth about one million swedish crones.
Porsche Sweden lends the car to Flash Engineering, the prince's racing stable, which then lent it to Carl Philip.
- The car was delivered in November. The prince has driven the Carrera Cup a number of years and it is an extension of the cooperation that he runs our products privately as well, said Bo Johansson, CEO of Porsche in Sweden.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Courtier

Nice car. Really nice car.

I should think about driving Carrera Cup for a few years too, because I desperately need a new car, but can't afford it. And I definitely wouldn't turn down a Porsche if it would be handed to me for free.

That said, lucky Carl Philip (and lucky Sofia) and poor me.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Prins Porsche – en gratiskung | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Carl Philip's new car is a luxus-Porsche worth a million swedish crones.
But the prince himself has not paid a dime - the car is sponsored by Porsche.

For years, Carl Philip drove a leased Volvo XC90. But now the prince opted out of the Swedish car and instead started running German. Namely, a brand new Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid - worth about one million swedish crones.
Porsche Sweden lends the car to Flash Engineering, the prince's racing stable, which then lent it to Carl Philip.
- The car was delivered in November. The prince has driven the Carrera Cup a number of years and it is an extension of the cooperation that he runs our products privately as well, said Bo Johansson, CEO of Porsche in Sweden.
So is this car on loan or was it a gift? I know he races cars...just try to understand this all. I wonder if this will cause any controversy. Considering that some people had an issue with Victoria accepting a honeymoon as a gift.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Courtier

I understood it as some kind of a loan. And I don't see anything wrong with it. Victoria is the immediate heir to the throne and the honeymoon could be seen as a somewhat future bribe. But this car is nothing more than a company car from the princes employer which he can also use in private. That's how I see it anyway.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
So is this car on loan or was it a gift? I know he races cars...just try to understand this all. I wonder if this will cause any controversy. Considering that some people had an issue with Victoria accepting a honeymoon as a gift.
Aftonbladet have apperantly decided that they are a republican newspaper this month since they try to find anything on the family that can hurt them.

Most people i talked to reacted like "WHO CARES" about this. Its worse that the prince is driving in a car that is a hazard to all other cars on the road with all the snow on the roof
Old 01-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
Aftonbladet have apperantly decided that they are a republican newspaper this month since they try to find anything on the family that can hurt them.

Most people i talked to reacted like "WHO CARES" about this. Its worse that the prince is driving in a car that is a hazard to all other cars on the road with all the snow on the roof
Completely understandable. Really, who cares what car he's driving. Even if it's some kind of free car that isn't paid in some ways by taxpayers. And you're also right about the snow on the car. He should have made his car snow-free before he drives away. In Germany you get a ticket if the police catches you with snow on the roof and hood of your car. Aren't there any similar laws in Sweden? After all, you have much more snow there on a regular basis then we.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Completely understandable. Really, who cares what car he's driving. Even if it's some kind of free car that isn't paid in some ways by taxpayers. And you're also right about the snow on the car. He should have made his car snow-free before he drives away. In Germany you get a ticket if the police catches you with snow on the roof and hood of your car. Aren't there any similar laws in Sweden? After all, you have much more snow there on a regular basis then we.
Yes, They would give him a fine here also.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have a Porsche and they are thee best cars ever!!
I'm glad CP's going to be riding around in that...his blue volvo was quite ugly IMO.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Serene Highness

It's looks the vehicle either has been through an avalanche or a severe blizzard or snowstorm. Isn't it dangerous to be driving a vehicle that has a lot of snow on the roof as the roof could collapse. Perhaps they were trying to get away from the press. Couldn't really get a good look at the car from that photo.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Courtier

I don't think the roof could collapse. There's a lot more snow needed. What's more dangerous is that if he has to hit the break suddenly the snow could come crashing down and turn him completely blind. What will he do if that happens when he's somewhere on the road, one car before him and one just behind him and no chance to pull over and free the front window from the snow? Or what if suddenly a child is running in front of his car out of nowhere? He may have the time to stop, but the snow will for sure went flying right over to the child and maybe bury it under it. Those scenarios are much more possible than the roof collapsing.

For a closer look at the car click http://anycarinfo.com/2010-porsche-c...rid-system.htm It's not CPs car but you will get the general idea.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Prince Carl Philip visited the Swedish stand during the 2011 Bocuse d'Or
world final at Lyon Eurexpo on January 26, 2011 in Lyon, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 01-27-2011, 04:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

He looks really thin.
Is this the same place Joachim and Marie visited??

Tags
carl philip, current events, prince carl philip