The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
The Swedish parliament should have decided the succession issue long before any children were born. That's just my opinion, since it sounds like they were considering changes in the succession law to begin with. This is just common sense IMO. If they had a have a special session to do so, then so be it. Again this is just my opinion.
Changes to the succession were discussed before the children were born, but it was a long process. Silvia was already 32 when she married (going on to 33) in an era when most women had children in their 20s. Neither it seems were prepared to delay having children and there was always a 50% chance their first born would be a boy. The succession law not only changed to first born is the heir but that females would have succession rights too, none of Carl Gustav's sisters were in line to the throne.

Once they had a girl, again it didn't stop them having more children (the 2nd could have been a girl as well!) contrast this with the Spanish where because of the succession law controversy (males come first) Felipe and Letizia have been advised not to have more children in case the next one is a boy.

Victoria was asked in an interview if she and Carl Philip had ever discussed the change in succession law, she said neither had. It wasn't something that concerned them, both were far too young for it to have affected them. Had they been older then the same situation as in Norway would have happened, the succession law was change in 1990, by which time Haakon who is younger than his sister had been trained to be the heir, Martha Louise said since she didn't have the training it would be better than the succession laws related to future generations, and leave the younger male sibling as the current heir.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Courtier

The parliment started to work at a change of the constitution after Victoria was born to ensure that the first child inherit the throne, and even more important to give female succetion rights if there would have only been girls born in the royal family. But a change in the constitution has to be voted on twice by the parliment with a general referendum held in between - so it takes time.

The thing that the king opposed was not to give the females succession rights but that the law took away Carl-Philips title as he had been born before the law came in to effect - and he meant that it would have been better to let him keep it as he was born as crownprince and let the full equal rights to the next generation.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post

The thing that the king opposed was not to give the females succession rights but that the law took away Carl-Philips title as he had been born before the law came in to effect - and he meant that it would have been better to let him keep it as he was born as crownprince and let the full equal rights to the next generation.
He often spoke about that in the 80ths. But the older Victoria and Carl-Philip became less opposition the king spoke
Old 10-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

Google bersetzer

Prince Carl Philip will act as regent while the King is in Canada and Crown Princess Victoria in China.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
He often spoke about that in the 80ths. But the older Victoria and Carl-Philip became less opposition the king spoke
Obviously, once Victoria was old enough to understand what he father was saying, he had to stop. Otherwise it would seem like to her that he was choosing a favorite amongst his children
Old 10-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Prince Carl Philip during the Little Child foundation award ceremony in Stockholm,
October 29, 2010. The foundation is supporting neonatal research.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** svenskdam.se: Prins Carl Philip delade ut pris fr Lilla barnets skull **
Old 10-29-2010, 06:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Are grey and red theme colours for this charity?
It's wonderful to see, and for such a good cause as well.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:39 AM
Administrator

I don't think so, or have you found a hint on that? I thought it's simply been
his fashion choice

Here's another article with pics of the event:

** bakomkulisserna.svenskdam.se: Carl Philip p jobbet **
Old 10-29-2010, 07:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I only asked because CP is wearing Red and grey, as is the man he hands the prize too.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

The red is too loud for the gray suit.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Carl Philip is very handsome. I only wish he would lay off the styling gel. It makes his hair look greasy.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness

Prins Carl Philips nya uppdrag – heja fram Sverige i kocktvling | Svensk Damtidning

Prince Carl Philip will support Sweden in a cookery competition in Lyon next January.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Commoner

i think carl philip's girlfriend sofia is doing more charity work than he is , sofia is trying to fit in with swedish royals
Old 11-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Serene Highness

When I saw Carl Phillip's picture, the first thing that I noticed was his tie. I don't know if I'm color blind but it looks like he's wearing a black suit with the red tie.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Carl Philip leads in a People's magazine poll on the hottest Royal bachelors. He got twice as many votes as Prince Harry. You have to vote to see the results!
http://www.people.com/people/package....html#20802099
Apparently he's also going to take over Stenhammar palace.
http://svenskdam.se/2010/11/prins-ca...-poppis-i-usa/
Old 11-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Prince Carl Philip with Sofia

Carl Philip de Sude : Install avec sa belle Sofia, leur idylle avance...
Old 12-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Gentry

According to the SRF's website Prince Carl Philip will be holding an audince with the Royal College of Forestry's master of forestry students on the 16th December at The Royal Palace.

Royal Diary - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Please excuse my spelling and gramar, I have dislexiya.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip isnt doing well at his studies and he must read school books during the Christmas Holiday:
Prinsen ligger efter - mste lsa p lovet - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate
Old 12-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That's an odd story to publish, I have to read books in my holidays for my exams in January.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Courtier

Seeing Prince Carl Philip and Anne Hathaway at the Nobel Prize awards...got me thinking about the possibility of them together...Anne is perfect in terms of looks, education, intelligence, name, age (gap) and people skills....I personally would love to see a Princess Anne Jacqueline of Sweden, formerly Anne Hathaway...she is 3 years younger than the Prince, he being born in 1979, she in 1982...It would actually be ironic and funny, since she has been in those atrocious, but entertaining 'Princess Diaries' movies...She'll have to get her own princess diary then

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, current events, prince carl philip