The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 12:16 AM

Well, I didnt get braces until I was 21. The reason I didnt get them earlier, was because there was nothing wrong with my teeth, so I didnt really NEED them. It was all cosmetic. Being in a wedding, I didnt want my teeth to be crooked for the pictures, so I wore braces for a year.

The apple thing is weird, though. I wasnt allowed to eat an apple either, unless it was already off the cork. What really killed me was not being able to eat swedish fish. They're my weakness.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Gentry

One stuuuuuuuupid question: Where does he live?! Does he have a "normal home" or is he living in a castle/palace?!

Old 08-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena
One stuuuuuuuupid question: Where does he live?! Does he have a "normal home" or is he living in a castle/palace?!
Prince Carl Philip lives in his own apartment at Slottsbacken 2, in a building just next to the Royal Palace of Stockholm. The building, owned by the Royal Court at the disposal of the King and managed by The National Property Board, hosts a total of 24 apartments, and many employees of the Court lives there. It is said that they are smaller apartments, around 3-4 rooms.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Gentry

Hihi, okay, then I have another question: Will he ever be able to have a normal job?! Like a graphic designer?!
Old 08-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Hihi, okay, then I have another question: Will he ever be able to have a normal job?! Like a graphic designer?!
Maybe, I don't think we really know this yet. There isn't much precedence to go on before the royal children, because then one would have to look back on the days of the old Court and system, and back then it was all so different. But maybe Carl Philip and Madeleine could have some sort of job tasks, maybe not a normal full time job, but taking on assignments to do things or so.

We will have to wait and see, I would say it's up to them to decide their own futures.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Maybe, I don't think we really know this yet. There isn't much precedence to go on before the royal children, because then one would have to look back on the days of the old Court and system, and back then it was all so different. But maybe Carl Philip and Madeleine could have some sort of job tasks, maybe not a normal full time job, but taking on assignments to do things or so.

We will have to wait and see, I would say it's up to them to decide their own futures.
Even though it's two different monarchies, the future of the Swedish monarchy will probably be most like something the Spanish monarchy has now.
The King and Queen and Felipe and Letizia carry out the majority of the royal duties.
The Infantas and their husbands all have jobs of their own but assist with an occasional event on their own or with the rest of the family.
In Sweden the King and Queen, Victoria and her husband will carry out the majority of the royal duties.
Carl Philip and Madeleine and their spouses will get to have their own jobs in whatever field they choose but will perform some royal duties with their spouses or on their own and sometimes with the rest of the family like on the Swedish National Day.
That seems like the most logical course of action in the coming years.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Carl Philip sailed with Victory Challenge in Americas Cup yesterday!

and Aftonbladet has now noticed his braces to :)

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/halsa/...691045,00.html
Old 08-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday, 28 August 2005, Prince Carl Philip sailed on board the Swedish yacht "Victory Challenge" in the Louis Vuitton Act 6 match races of the 32nd America's Cup outside Malmö in the south of Sweden. Pictures from Getty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	53474077.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	186963   Click image for larger version

Name:	53474078.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	186964   Click image for larger version

Name:	53474098.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	186965   Click image for larger version

Name:	53474099.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	186966  

Name:	53474101.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	186967   Click image for larger version

Name:	53474102.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	186968  
Old 08-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Gentry

Hmmm, must suck to know you can`t do what you want to do for a living... but on the other hand: A member of the royal family with a normal job?! I don`t know!

Is the royal family of Sweden very wealthy?!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

A pic of Carl Philip in Copenhagen on the way to the coffee bar "Ketchup"
http://www.seoghoer.dk/default.aspx?...398&GroupID=51
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2005, 02:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

cute muscles poking too!! I like his outfit.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:45 PM
Courtier

He looks like Orlando Bloom every second I see a picture of him!
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 04:40 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Hmmm, must suck to know you can`t do what you want to do for a living... but on the other hand: A member of the royal family with a normal job?! I don`t know!

Is the royal family of Sweden very wealthy?!
I think it is getting more normal these days. In the dutch royal family for example the two youngest sons of the queen and their wives have normal jobs, as have all the sons and daughter-in-laws of princess Margriet. In belgium Princess Claire continues working. Most of the luxembourg grand ducal family have a job, the duke of gloucester is an architect etc.

So probably prince Carl-Philip will have a normal job after he finishes his school. I do not believe the swedish royals are exceptionally wealthy and most money will probably be stuck in intangible goods and investments (so not that much left to spend), which is th case with most old-money families.
Is Emma (or Daniel/Jonas) from a rich family btw? From what kind of family/background ar they anyway?
Old 09-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Courtier

Swedish Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, who for the day is the 18th man aboard of Swedish challenger yacht Victory Challenge, SWE-73, sails during the seventh match race against Spanish challenger yacht Desafio Espanol 2007.Newscom...Same as the other post!

They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Commoner

Very classic and very elegant for the both of them!
Old 09-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Majesty

wonder what he did in copenhagen and where he styed
maybe he poped in for a visit with the danish royal family
Old 09-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
Even though it's two different monarchies, the future of the Swedish monarchy will probably be most like something the Spanish monarchy has now.
The King and Queen and Felipe and Letizia carry out the majority of the royal duties.
The Infantas and their husbands all have jobs of their own but assist with an occasional event on their own or with the rest of the family.
In Sweden the King and Queen, Victoria and her husband will carry out the majority of the royal duties.
Carl Philip and Madeleine and their spouses will get to have their own jobs in whatever field they choose but will perform some royal duties with their spouses or on their own and sometimes with the rest of the family like on the Swedish National Day.
That seems like the most logical course of action in the coming years.
Yes this sounds logical - excellent answer. Especially now that monarchies are getting so big!!!! It'll be good 2c PM & PC get good jobs etc. But i dunno, it'll b hard 4them 2work in any ordinary office because of who they are tho. The future and what to do with them i guess is still open.

I know in England there is a big and ongoing debate about the monarchy and it's future. In terms of the royals of the brother and sisters of the monarch. No1 quite knows - for instance what to do with PH.

I think in their own countries it's hard for a royal to have a 'normal' life, unless they move abroad.

But we'll c about PC's future. I've read in these forums that he likes drawing etc so mayb he could do something like that. Or take up motor racing professionally.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Nobility

I hope this photo hasn't been posted b4 - here goes. From isifa
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pcarl-ifa.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	195992  
Old 09-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Announcement from the TRF Team:

In an effort to conserve bandwidth, the TRF Team is making some changes to how News and Picture threads are being organized, which you may have noticed is already being made in some forums.

From this point forward, please be aware that the only images that will be allowed to be attached directly to the forum will be those of current activities of the royals, which can be posted in the Current Events threads.

Instead of posting a dozen or more pictures, please try to select a few pictures that best describe the event/occasion. Aim to conserve. Think quality not quantity.

If you wish to post pictures of events that happened a few years ago or older images of various royals, please do so in the Picture threads via a private image hosting account such as Photobucket or Imageshack.

Please note that older images which are attached directly to the forum are subject to removal by an Administrator or SuperModerator without notice to the member.

Thank you for your co-operation on this matter so that we can all continue to enjoy images of our favourite royals.

The TRF Team
Old 09-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice to see Carl Philip starting to take on more responsibilitys

Here is a stroy from db that they have taken from Expressen.

Sept the 10 Carl Philip and his friend Jesper Eriksson arranged a party at Tullgarns castle in Sörmland. 150 people was present including his sisters with boyfriends. Expressen reports alot of alcohol was consumed and in the middle of the night Carl Philip and his friends decide to slide on serving trays down the stairs . Carl Philip and his tray crashed and he hurt his arm. After the accident CP and Emma went to bed. The day after when he was giving a brunch his arm hurt so much that he had to see a doctor. His arm hurt for some days, but he took part in a hunt in Uppland the next week says a source. The Press woman, Ann-Crisitn Jernberg confirms to the paper there was a party but she has not heared anything about sliding down the stairs on serving trays or that the Princes got hurt

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2005/09/25/444424.html

Closed Thread