Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 2: August 2004 - January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Carl P. has a PS2 or a XBox?

I want to know if we have the same thing. (its not really mine it's my cousin's but I use it most of the time)

Actually I'm pretty sure that in an interview he did say he was a gamer. But that was a long time ago and while I'm pretty sure he has a game system now I don't think he has much time to use it.

Anyway I think that he has a PS2...

New Carl Philips Pictures (I'm not sure if these wre posted yet) :eek: Pics are fomr newscom...It was from the wedding of German Princess Anna of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg and Prince Manuel of Bavaria in Stigtoma, Sweden ...that they attended like 4 days ago!

zumalive213155.jpg
zumalive213154.jpg
dpaphotos023823.jpg

zumalive212912.jpg

zumalive212913.jpg

runaway princess said:
New Carl Philips Pictures (I'm not sure if these wre posted yet) :eek: Pics are fomr newscom

Good photos of the prince and his sisters. Thank you for posting them!

I got my braces off this year and I am 23 ... I don`t think its bad, but maybe thats the reason why he didn`t talk to the reporters ?!

My english is not so good, so I don´t understand what you both mean with "braces", is it something like fraught or what do you mean?

Please let me know.

Cerasma said:
My english is not so good, so I don´t understand what you both mean with "braces", is it something like fraught or what do you mean?

Please let me know.
Braces are metal or plastic pieces glued to your teeth to make them straight. It also is an old fashioned word for "suspenders"--what men use to hold up their pants instead of a belt.

braces....hmm....it means like.....if your teeths are not that good looking...u go to the orthrodontics to get ur braces (like...hmm..putting metal wires around ur teeth so they look more "tidy"-is that the word>?!?!!:confused: )

yeah...that's what braces means...:D

Serena said:
I got my braces off this year and I am 23 ... I don`t think its bad, but maybe thats the reason why he didn`t talk to the reporters ?!
I meant that his teeth didn't look like they needed to have braces.

Last edited:
ahh, a "tandställning" means a retainer. I thought it is a mood or something like that :D

Another translation is suspenders like Lindy80 said, but I thought, that couldn´t be meant.
Thank you very much!!!

Last edited:
Earlier in July, one of Prince Carl Philip’s best friends, Johan Bernström, got married. The wedding was held in Brunnby Church in Mölle in Skåne County, and he married Louise Barkman. Around 190 guests attended the wedding, and the dinner afterwards was held at Grand Hôtel Maritime, with a telegram read from Prince Carl Philip who was in the US together with Emma at that time (which I don’t really understand, I would never choose to vacation at the time of one of my best friend’s wedding).

Some pictures from Svensk Damtidning.

brudparet14hg.jpg
brudparet37bk.jpg

The bride and groom, Johan Bernström and Louise Barkman

bestmannilswachtmeister8zw.jpg

The best man, Nils Wachtmeister

amijohanvonhorn4hg.jpg

Johan and Ami von Horn

ceciliajohangabrielbeckfriis3u.jpg

Baron Johan Gabriel and Baroness Cecilia Beck-Friis

jakobhgfeldtcatharinabelfragee.jpg

Jacob Högfeldt (hunting comrade of Carl Philip), Catharina Belfrage and Elisabeth Johannesson

matsdurietzvanessapalmstiernaj.jpg

Mats du Rietz, Vanessa Palmstierna (friend of Madeleine) and Jacob Felländer

mrtasofiaschrlingandershgberg2.jpg

Sisters Märta and Sofia Schörling, and Sofia's (then) fiancée Anders Högberg (pictures from their wedding in the Victoria & Daniel thread)

Last edited:
Why did he get braces now? How come he didn't get them when he was like 12 or whatever.

Oh yes our Carl-Philp is so handsome! Thanks for the pics Yennie

I was wondering the same O.C, why now? Ussually people gets braces before.
btw i like your signature

Piewi said:
I was wondering the same O.C, why now? Ussually people gets braces before.

I guess it was his own decision to do something with his teeth (not that I think it was necessary, but HE has to be comfortable with his looks). I highly respect him for doing it, it`s not easy when you are grown up! But look at Tom Cruise, he did the same! ;)

Oh, didn`t know about the party! OMG, he looks so freaking funny! But M & V are looking great!

Last edited:
Isn't Carl Philip afraid that his brackets fall down?

It is interesting. May Carl Philip bite into apple? When I was wearing braces ,my dentist forbad me to bite into apple because the brackets (metal pieces) can fall down.

Attachments

• 00725562.JPG
    00725562.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Well, I didnt get braces until I was 21. The reason I didnt get them earlier, was because there was nothing wrong with my teeth, so I didnt really NEED them. It was all cosmetic. Being in a wedding, I didnt want my teeth to be crooked for the pictures, so I wore braces for a year.

The apple thing is weird, though. I wasnt allowed to eat an apple either, unless it was already off the cork. What really killed me was not being able to eat swedish fish. They're my weakness.

One stuuuuuuuupid question: Where does he live?! Does he have a "normal home" or is he living in a castle/palace?!

Serena said:
One stuuuuuuuupid question: Where does he live?! Does he have a "normal home" or is he living in a castle/palace?!
Prince Carl Philip lives in his own apartment at Slottsbacken 2, in a building just next to the Royal Palace of Stockholm. The building, owned by the Royal Court at the disposal of the King and managed by The National Property Board, hosts a total of 24 apartments, and many employees of the Court lives there. It is said that they are smaller apartments, around 3-4 rooms.

Hihi, okay, then I have another question: Will he ever be able to have a normal job?! Like a graphic designer?!

Serena said:
Hihi, okay, then I have another question: Will he ever be able to have a normal job?! Like a graphic designer?!
Maybe, I don't think we really know this yet. There isn't much precedence to go on before the royal children, because then one would have to look back on the days of the old Court and system, and back then it was all so different. But maybe Carl Philip and Madeleine could have some sort of job tasks, maybe not a normal full time job, but taking on assignments to do things or so.

We will have to wait and see, I would say it's up to them to decide their own futures.

GrandDuchess said:
Maybe, I don't think we really know this yet. There isn't much precedence to go on before the royal children, because then one would have to look back on the days of the old Court and system, and back then it was all so different. But maybe Carl Philip and Madeleine could have some sort of job tasks, maybe not a normal full time job, but taking on assignments to do things or so.

We will have to wait and see, I would say it's up to them to decide their own futures.

Even though it's two different monarchies, the future of the Swedish monarchy will probably be most like something the Spanish monarchy has now.
The King and Queen and Felipe and Letizia carry out the majority of the royal duties.
The Infantas and their husbands all have jobs of their own but assist with an occasional event on their own or with the rest of the family.
In Sweden the King and Queen, Victoria and her husband will carry out the majority of the royal duties.
Carl Philip and Madeleine and their spouses will get to have their own jobs in whatever field they choose but will perform some royal duties with their spouses or on their own and sometimes with the rest of the family like on the Swedish National Day.
That seems like the most logical course of action in the coming years.

Yesterday, 28 August 2005, Prince Carl Philip sailed on board the Swedish yacht "Victory Challenge" in the Louis Vuitton Act 6 match races of the 32nd America's Cup outside Malmö in the south of Sweden. Pictures from Getty.

Attachments

• 53474077.jpg
    53474077.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 53474078.jpg
    53474078.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 248
  • 53474098.jpg
    53474098.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 53474099.jpg
    53474099.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 311
  • 53474101.jpg
    53474101.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 53474102.jpg
    53474102.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 206
Hmmm, must suck to know you can`t do what you want to do for a living... but on the other hand: A member of the royal family with a normal job?! I don`t know!

Is the royal family of Sweden very wealthy?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom