Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia's Current Events Part 1: June 2015 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh wow..Im guessing at least one photographer got the right shot
hopefully they dont publish it
http://s03.imageupper.com/1/3/G14406826161622380_3.jpg

but I guess these things happen, to some more than once lol

on another note, Sweden looks very pretty the forest are beautiful

Nothing new! Few royal women have been caught in this situation. Or to be fair, even worse! Besides, it is nothing that Sofia hasn't already shown.

Side note: I agree who those who say she looks fake. But it would be no use since this has beenmy own opinion and perception for many years anyway. Glad someone are starting seeing this too though.

Last edited:
I can't put my finger on it but I also find something off with Sofia on this visit, yes she seemed happy and relaxed but also a bit smug. I don't know what it is but it just seems a little fake.

Also, I don't like the Maraback outfit. She's not at a business meeting, so why a collared shirt and pencil skirt? I would've liked to see her in a nice dress rather than looking business casual.

Nothing new! Few royal women have been caught in this situation. Or to be fair, even worse! Besides, it is nothing that Sofia hasn't already shown.

Side note: I agree who those who say she looks fake. But it would be no use since this has beenmy own opinion and perception for many years anyway. Glad someone are starting seeing this too though.

I can't believe that this is anything but a photoshopped picture. There is no way that the hosts wouldn't have strategically placed a step to enter the boat with a bit more grace.

I can't believe that this is anything but a photoshopped picture. There is no way that the hosts wouldn't have strategically placed a step to enter the boat with a bit more grace.

This photo says nothing about Princess Sofia and a lot about the photographer who took( or photoshopped) the photo. I do have to ask why nobody is helping her aboard. Where are the boat crew, organizers,CP? A royal visit and the princess is holding her umbrella and pulling herself aboard on a wet day. Something amiss here folks!!!

All that aside I think they both looked happy and it was a successful first visit.

They both look happy and people look happy to see them. She's cheery and looks like she's making an effort. I think this is a good first round of visits for them as a couple.

That picture of Sofia climbing on the boat was an unforced error. It didn't have to happen. Every public woman going to a public event should be aware that photographers are out for that money shot: catch her in her underwear, or better yet, no underwear. Sofia going commando during the Varmland would fetch a lot of money, which is probably what the photog was going for. The royal mentor needs to have another sit down with Sofia about wardrobe choices at royal events. She represents the House of Bernadotte now.

Guys, no upskirt photos have been released or published? Maybe save the pearl clutching until that happens? (And even then, I've always thought that maybe we should criticize photographers for thinking that's an appropriate way to treat women. There's zero reason it should be considered civilized or acceptable for people to try and view up a woman's skirt- and outrage about that should be aimed at the people uncouth enough to behave that way, not the woman who wore a skirt)

I agree, no one has the right to take a pic up a woman's skirt. I don't think she should be wearing those short dresses/skirts but that's beside the point.

Past that I don't understand why she'd wear a dress like that to a event on a boat. Jeans/pants would of been much smarter. She's been around the papps for years now, she should know some of these things.

LaRae

@Duke of Marmalade - I heard about the feeling up in Carl-Philip's shirt. You missed Sofia's hand on her husband's thigh during an official event:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/26/17/2BAE22EF00000578-3211747-image-m-59_1440607355519.jpg

Sorry, it's tacky in my opinion. You're on the royal clock and you know the cameras will be on you. Save that for private moments. I think Silvia's hovdam who is Sofia's mentor needs to schedule a coaching session.
Well, first off, if I read that photo correctly, I would assume that had Carl Philip not been using his right hand to hold an umbrella over her/them, they would have been holding hands. Instead, he has his left hand over hers. They're newlyweds and I'm guessing they are going to be every bit as bad as Victoria and Daniel and, like them, the PDA's will continue for years! Quelle horreur!
Interesting article and I have to give credit where credit is due, they did not publish the photos of Sofia trying to navigate that somewhat high step. This makes me wonder as to why.

It was posited by suztav that it was a possibly a photoshop because there is nobody there to assist her which I have to admit I found a little odd. I've seen photos of royal ladies with a guy each side lifting them up from under their arms to a higher level. Whatever happened, if the photos are real then the CP needs a clip around the ear for not assisting his wife and the organisers need a kick in the rear for overlooking the obvious.
I think she did good on her first official tour. My favorite picture is the one of her in green raincoat and boots. Not so much glamour there, but they both seemed to be enjoying themselves.
I love that photo and she was a good sport with the weather being so inclement that her hair lost it's volume and developed a bad case of frizzies. She didn't seem to care and she didn't lose her smile.

But having read the deep feelings of some of the posters about Sofia looking sly, smug or fake, I am going to examine every royal princess at work to see if she too looks sly, smug or fake. After all, we can't have them enjoying swanning around in the mud now can we.

Me? I thought it was lovely that Carl Philip seems to be more relaxed when Sofia is with him and that his smile comes a lot more easily than before. I think that Sofia gives him strength to be himself. I don't think he has ever really put himself 'out there' except within the narrow confines of his racing or being lost in the crowd at the Nobels. One-on-one with strangers has never been his forte.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...s_Sofia_and_Prince_Car-a-17_1440677785123.jpg

The picture of Sofia I believe is photo shopped, if you look at the picture on #63 you can her shoes and they do not match the pumps you see in that ridiculous picture of supposedly her trying to step up into the boat.

Well.....I have to say that she is trying. She does need to do something about her choice of wardrobe though. She is afterall a princess now. I think some more coaching and advice is needed. I am surprised that CP would not say anything to her before they leave for events. I suppose he leaves that to her dressers. Maybe Victoria should step in.

If Sofia would have had pants at the boat in the morning, she would have had no problems.
About Carl Philip being more relaxed, I think he clearly loves that there is someone who takes the control (Sofia) and he can stay behind. And we can't compare how he has been at the events before because when he has been alone, there has been perhaps 2-3 photographers and 15 photos published. Now there were 50 photographers and hundreds/thousands photos posted.

Visiting ZtoryLabs
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...620_920744228024458_7691783773099742268_o.png
Visiting Konsumentverket in the afternoon before the trip with the ship.
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=db662848713fac3f6973b95d39cf6dd6&oe=5682852E

Sofia had flat shoes when they walked at Picassoudden on a short guided tour and went to ship Christina af Bro and the trip ended.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

This was mostly "look at us, we are beautiful" -visit. And because Sofia loves cameras, it went well.

Last edited:
To assume the picture is photoshopped is ridiculous. Of course its genuine. I am with those who think that the outfit was out of place (weather, boat) and it would have been nice if somebody would have helped her on this occasion.

Other than that I think this visit was perfect for Sofia, she loves the cameras and CP seems relieved that somebody is taking the driver's seat and he can be accessory.

I don't think she's fake, its the way she is, Miss Slitz in a reality soap is now Princess Sofia in Varmland, the smug grin has always been there.

I think that Sophia did great in this two-day visit. Nice clothes choices and as much comfortable as could be on time. All royal ladies in their first appearances do not think I did better.

To assume the picture is photoshopped is ridiculous. Of course its genuine. I am with those who think that the outfit was out of place (weather, boat) and it would have been nice if somebody would have helped her on this occasion.

Of course the photo is not photoshopped. At this gallery are photos taken from the same situation by Bernard Rübsamen, the ceo of Royalportraits Europe, who has photographed european royals (mostly dutch and belgian) since 1995.
Bernard Rübsamen

And here another situation at the boat, yesterday, taken by photographer Charles Hammarsten, who has photographed the king and swedish royal family for almost 50 years.

My opinion:
They did fine. It would take serious talent to screw that one up anyway! Especially as it wasn't complicated, no potentially controversial speeches. No potentially controversial subjects. People and the press were friendly.

Don't know much about fashion, but I think Sofie dressed nicely. No dresses too short or too low either.
The one about Sofia showing legs when climbing aboard the boat I won't blame her for. Is it really that difficult to get some steps for her? Come on!
Sofia had to choose between standing there looking silly until someone came and helped her or getting aboard herself.

Apart from that Sofia looked like a fish in the water and very comfortable with the attention, which is of course something she is used to and like. So no problem there.

CP stood back and allowed his wife to shine, which is only appropriate.
However, is he growing a beard or is that the length he wants it? - IMO grow a proper beard or lose it.

So all in all they did fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she looks good and they both seem very happy. One slip up with her dress when getting on to the boat. But overall great

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

^^^^^ or maybe the weather had something to do with that ;)

She really did a wonderful job for her first visit. Certainly the duchess of Cambridge took a few years to get the mini skirts out of the royal wardrobe. She is Swedish, her husband obviously adores her, and is trying. They have a different perspective than many Anglos who concentrated on her getting her teeth fixed and tattoo removed. What does that say about our culture, be uncomfortable in your own skin and get surgery?

As mentioned in the opening post of this thread: this thread is for the current events of prince Carl-Philip and his wife. This thread is NOT for rehashing an ongoing discussion about the suitability of Sofia as a princess. This thread is NOT for discussing her past, this thread is NOT for discussing her tatoos. And this thread most certainly is NOT for attacking posters.

Those who enjoy online fighting are adviced to leave this forum.

Those who want to discuss Sofia's past or her suitability as a princess can do so in this thread, which was opened especially to channel that debate.

Several posts have been edited and deleted. Regard this post as a notification of that. If you have any questions about our moderation of these threads you can send a PM to any or all of the Swedish moderators.

Last edited:
Cp and Sofia have just completed their first month of duties as the Prince Couple. IMO they did a super job. What was your favourite moment? I loved the walk in Varmland with Princess Sofia in her rainwear! Looking forward to more pictures and stories.
Any news on how long the African Visit will be?

from the royal calendar I understand that Prince CP and Princess Sofia next joint event is the opening of parliament next week. I do not understand Swedish so can someone confirm this please. Would this event be covered live?

from the royal calendar I understand that Prince CP and Princess Sofia next joint event is the opening of parliament next week. I do not understand Swedish so can someone confirm this please. Would this event be covered live?

Yes, Carl Philip and Sofia attend at the events of the Opening of the Parliament. SVT shows the Opening of the Parliamentary session on TV at SVT2, and probably live in internet too, and it will be sent live at the website of the Parliament (Riksdagen) too. TV4, Expressen and Aftonbladet send on their Live-TV's possibly some arrivals.
We will see only on 15th September, how the events will be shown online.

I think it will be broadacast on SVT, the swedish tv. The couple will not be alone, of course, as it is an event attended by all the members of the royal family...

Madeleine will be at the opening of Riksdag too. It's probably to symbolize how the SRF is expanding: a new married in royal, a new prince of the blood and a prince or princess on the way who has impacted the line of succession.

That is nice to read. I wondered when they would visit Alvdalen. Thanks Lady Finn for all your timely updates.

An update was just made to the court website:
Carl Philip and Sofia attend on Tuesday evening at Ericsson Globe at the big concert "Hela Sverige skramlar" organised because of the refugee crisis, revenues during the evening go to the UN refugee agency UNHCR. The concert is broadcasted live on SVT, TV3 Play, TV4 Play, Channel 5 Play, Aftonbladet TV, Expressen TV, Dagens Nyheter, Dagens Industri, Sydsvenska Dagbladet and Helsingborgs Dagblad and Sveriges Radio. It starts at 19.00 and lasts about four hours.
About the concert
http://helasverigeskramlar.se/

Sofia was added last week to the calendar to attend with Carl Philip at the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' formal gathering on Friday 23rd October, it has been at Carl Philip's calendar for some weeks. It is a pity that Daniel can't attend like on the last years, because he has the tight co-operation with the Academy with his Prince Daniel Fellowship program, but the event clashes with Victoria's and Daniel's trip to Peru and Colombia.
However, since Sofia attends, perhaps she will get her Order of the Seraphim before the event, because the orders are used at the event.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom