The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 12-12-2005, 07:27 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan
Me and my husband met Emma and her dog Gela when they were out walking on Djurgården with a friend this saturday. She was very petite and pretty. What caught both our eyes was that Gela was a very small rottweiler. She looked almost like a pitbull. Not very "pretty" to be a rottweiler IMO.
An other parnter-of-a-Royal-sighting! Lucky one!
Well, imagine a big Rottweiler with small Emma...he would pull her over the meadow Carl Philip isn´t tall either...so a mini Rottweiler for a mini-couple
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 12-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,227
i know trhat some members are just waiting for them to get engaged but i think we need to have in mind they are quite young to get married if we look at their age and when people get married in sweden. Was not Joachim of denmark very young when he married Alexandra and i think he was one of the youngest to get married if we look at modern royal time say from the 80'ies
__________________

  #43  
Old 12-13-2005, 03:33 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,824
Of the reigning royal families I think only Princess Astrid of Belgium was younger when she married, and maybe Alois of Liechtenstein.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #44  
Old 12-15-2005, 05:50 PM
rop81's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Middle of nowhere, Sweden
Posts: 562
I think that Carl-Philip and Emma will marry the year after Victoria and Daniel.
__________________
  #45  
Old 12-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 2
I think they will marry a couple months before them. The same thing happened here in Holland. Prince Constantijn and (now) Princess Laurentien married a couple months before Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Maxima. As some kind of practise... just to see how things were going so that the wedding of the crown prince would go perfect (which it did).
__________________
  #46  
Old 12-16-2005, 04:53 AM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,800
So, do you think we are going to fill threads on Carl Philip and Emma like we do on Victoria & Daniel?, because it seems to be a pattern on this family: long relationships, NO marriage :)
__________________
  #47  
Old 12-16-2005, 05:19 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,824
well, they are both still young and I expect that CP wants to finish his studies before he marries.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #48  
Old 12-17-2005, 02:31 PM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407
Translation of a Dagens Industri article

"Royal" in the advertising business

Hello Emma Pernald. Congratulation to the new job in the advertising business! You start at McCann Nordic in January after a practice period as a planner (analyst with focus on consumer’s insight) during the fall. What will you do there?
- I will work at McCann Nordic as a junior planner; it feels very exciting and developing.

What is your background, have you worked with advertising before?
- I think communication and advertising is inspiring and I have worked at the event company Eventum before. I also have, apart from my Bachelor degree in economics, just finished my Master degree in communication which I will now get practical use for.

Telia, The Swedish National Debt Office and the Museum of Modern Art are some of the firm’s clients. Which clients will you work with?
- What clients I will work with is not decided yet.

Also you boyfriend Prince Carl Philip has done a practical at Storåkers McCann. Will there be a lot of work talk at home now?
- I won’t comment about the Prince, but McCann is a very exciting workplace so I understand that many people want to practice and work there.


For the original & full article (in Swedish), go here.
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
  #49  
Old 12-17-2005, 11:38 PM
purple_platinum's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 4,876
thanks for the translation, GrandDuchess

That's kinda interesting.. first, Daniel did an interview with DI, and not it's Emma...
i know it's unrelated.. but, still...
__________________
^_^
  #50  
Old 12-18-2005, 07:16 AM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
thanks for the translation, GrandDuchess

That's kinda interesting.. first, Daniel did an interview with DI, and not it's Emma...
i know it's unrelated.. but, still...
You're welcome.

Not that this was anything near what Dagens Industri did with Daniel, that was a really big interview and a feature. This was just a small thing, because of her new job. I think it's nice to know what she will be doing, since she has been quite an anonymous girlfriend of Prince Carl Philip previously. Now we at least now what her job is...
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
  #51  
Old 12-18-2005, 07:25 AM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Translation of a Dagens Industri article

"Royal" in the advertising business

Hello Emma Pernald. Congratulation to the new job in the advertising business! You start at McCann Nordic in January after a practice period as a planner (analyst with focus on consumer’s insight) during the fall. What will you do there?
- I will work at McCann Nordic as a junior planner; it feels very exciting and developing.

What is your background, have you worked with advertising before?
- I think communication and advertising is inspiring and I have worked at the event company Eventum before. I also have, apart from my Bachelor degree in economics, just finished my Master degree in communication which I will now get practical use for.

Telia, The Swedish National Debt Office and the Museum of Modern Art are some of the firm’s clients. Which clients will you work with?
- What clients I will work with is not decided yet.

Also you boyfriend Prince Carl Philip has done a practical at Storåkers McCann. Will there be a lot of work talk at home now?
- I won’t comment about the Prince, but McCann is a very exciting workplace so I understand that many people want to practice and work there.


For the original & full article (in Swedish), go here.
I think that a "problem" here is that she say yes to the attention, but no to say anything about the reason for it. DI would hardly write that Emma Pernald got a new job if she wasn´t "Emma Pernald", if you know what I mean

just say: my friends and family are happy for me or...anything!
__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
  #52  
Old 01-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 43
i think you r wrong they might get married , depending on how strong their relationship is , and they make a cute couple

beauty is in eye of beholder as they say, emma is quite pretty and she looks to have both feet on the ground not seeking the glamour of the media
__________________
  #53  
Old 01-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coimbra, Portugal
Posts: 14
Everyone has the right to express an opinion: the beauty patterns aren't equal for everyone, what some people consider beautiful, other people consider ugly.
Personally, I consider Emma Pernald ugly, but that is only my opinion, it doesn't mean that she is ugly in fact because some people may consider her beautiful.
Another thing: I don't hava a nice opinion about Emma and Letizia, I hope I'm wrong but they seem to have found the chicken of the golden egs, if you know what I mean. It's hard to tell, but it seems to me that they don't really, really love the princes, they appear to be interested in their money and their titles. I believe that the princes are more sincere in their feelings than those women.
Anyway, I accept that there are opinions different from mine and I believe that there are people (they know who they are) that don't share my sense of tolerance in what concerns other's right to expression their points of view. Did I make myself clear?
__________________
  #54  
Old 01-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Hungary
Posts: 39
I totally agree with you Aline but I could say more princesses. Unfortunately such is life ,there are too many gold digger women in the world.
__________________
  #55  
Old 01-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aline
Everyone has the right to express an opinion: the beauty patterns aren't equal for everyone, what some people consider beautiful, other people consider ugly.
Personally, I consider Emma Pernald ugly, but that is only my opinion, it doesn't mean that she is ugly in fact because some people may consider her beautiful.
Another thing: I don't hava a nice opinion about Emma and Letizia, I hope I'm wrong but they seem to have found the chicken of the golden egs, if you know what I mean. It's hard to tell, but it seems to me that they don't really, really love the princes, they appear to be interested in their money and their titles. I believe that the princes are more sincere in their feelings than those women.
Anyway, I accept that there are opinions different from mine and I believe that there are people (they know who they are) that don't share my sense of tolerance in what concerns other's right to expression their points of view. Did I make myself clear?
I could understand, that one has now a picture of Letizia (personally I don´t think she´s a "gold digger" and I think she truly loves her giant, but I admit, that I wasn´t sure, what to think for a while), but how could one get a picture of Emma I accept of course your opinion/views/feelings, but I wonder, how one can have such an opinion of a girl, who has hardly spoken 10 sentences to the press and who never pushed herself into the limelight (by doing a photoshooting or a job in the media etc.) Wouldn´t she hurry with marrying Carl Philip, when it´s about gold digging? Soon it are 7 years of dating and they are still not married.
__________________
  #56  
Old 01-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
I dont like the word goldigger because it seems to only be attributed to women, now I dont doubt that Mary, Mette-Marit and Maxima etc loves their husbands, however I dont think they mind the perks that he brings with him to put it like that (or that the perks outweight the negatives)

As for Emma Pernald, I think 7 years relationship without trying to promote herself, keeping an extremely low profile speakes in her favour. He could be getting her a posh job trough some of his rich and connected friends, take her from one wedding to another, go on endless vacations together, bring her for semi official trips where the press know they would be, pose for kissing pictures together, but they dont, they seem to keep their relationship a private thing and also her family seems to know to keep their mouth shut.
__________________
"Those who do not like you fall into two categories, the stupid and the envious"
-The Libertine
  #57  
Old 01-10-2006, 10:36 AM
pollyemma's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington,DC, United States
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
I dont like the word goldigger because it seems to only be attributed to women, now I dont doubt that Mary, Mette-Marit and Maxima etc loves their husbands, however I dont think they mind the perks that he brings with him to put it like that (or that the perks outweight the negatives)

As for Emma Pernald, I think 7 years relationship without trying to promote herself, keeping an extremely low profile speakes in her favour. He could be getting her a posh job trough some of his rich and connected friends, take her from one wedding to another, go on endless vacations together, bring her for semi official trips where the press know they would be, pose for kissing pictures together, but they dont, they seem to keep their relationship a private thing and also her family seems to know to keep their mouth shut.
indeed. if she really wanted the jewels and titles I'm sure she would have pushed CP to marry her by now. its been 7 YEARS. thats a long time...
__________________
  #58  
Old 01-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Coimbra, Portugal
Posts: 14
And who ashures you that she hadn't pushed him already? The fact she doesn't expose herself to the media is on her favor (we have the example of Letizia - prince Felipe mantained a long relationship with Eva Shaun and it was very exposed to the media. Result: they never got married. Letizia learned the lesson and, as a journalist she knew what to do: to keep quiet. Didn't she get what she wanted?)
These girls now know how to get what they want and princes should be more careful.
An example of what seems to be a true love is the one of kate middleton and prince william: we can never be sure but she met him in their University and they were sharing the rooom with another classmate. They didn't meet under suspicious circumstances and we can understand how their love began.
In what concerns Letizia....hum...it is not that clear, and Emma...well, you already know my opinion.
__________________
  #59  
Old 01-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,824
so, under what 'suspicious' circumstances did Emma and Carl-Philip meet (as you explicitely state that Kate did not meet William under such circumstances)?
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #60  
Old 01-11-2006, 12:44 PM
pollyemma's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington,DC, United States
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
so, under what 'suspicious' circumstances did Emma and Carl-Philip meet (as you explicitely state that Kate did not meet William under such circumstances)?
indeed! i would just generally like to know how they met. that would be interesting.

whats really 'suspicious' to me is that they've been dating 7 years and havent married yet. I dont get it!
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald Separate: March 2009 Santacruz Prince Carl Philip 112 08-11-2009 05:41 AM
Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 3: October 2006 - January 2009 kwanfan Current Events Archive 94 01-10-2009 05:23 AM
Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 2: August 2004 - January 2006 Josefine Current Events Archive 186 01-18-2006 02:04 PM
Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 1: October 2004 - August 2005 hrhcp Current Events Archive 134 08-21-2005 04:10 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]