Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 2: August 2005 - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, many people prefer to finish their studies before they marry, so maybe that is what they are waiting for?

Marengo said:
well, many people prefer to finish their studies before they marry, so maybe that is what they are waiting for?

I thought he was done already?

i know she's done she's been working in PR for ages now.

Lena said:
Soon it are 7 years of dating and they are still not married. :confused:

2 things:

1) The unoffical protocol that the Crown Prince/ss usually gets married before his/her siblings
-I realize that this is not always the case (ex: Prince Joachim married before Cp Frederick), but it was true in the past and some royals may still wish to follow this

2) Yes, Emma and P. Carl Phillip have been dating 7 years but they started dating when they were both teenagers. It is only the last few years that they have been at an age where it is common for people to get married ( mid 20s)

What is the hurry for them to get married maybe they aren't ready and want to experience life single first . There is plenty of time for them to get married.:)

Hello. I was just wondring, does anyone have large pictures of Emma from Madeleine and her friends Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb's graduation party. She's wearing a pink dress, very pretty. If someone has it, could you please post it??=) thank you so much

i am not sure 25 is a commen age for swedes to get married i think if they get married its more in their 30's

Josefine said:
i am not sure 25 is a commen age for swedes to get married i think if they get married its more in their 30's

Besides, almost all Princes and Princesses these days get married in their 30's:
Frederik, Felipe, Elena, Cristina, W-A, Laurent, Philllippe, Haakon, Märtha, Constantjin, Johan Friso, Alexia, Edward
But none of them had (at least not in a public way) long relationships like the Bernadotte trio have had, so I don't know about that;)

so that's quite some time , i think he should ask emma to marry him and settle down with kids and hopefully be very happy , they make a cute couple and always look like they are having fun:):D:p

Nice to see them again, it has been quite a while.

I can't see the picture, can someone post it??

Carl and Emma make a really nice couple I hope he does get married to her after his sister Victoria.
By the way does anyone know when carl finshes his studies, I know hes doing graphic design but he must be like 26yrs old, how many more years has he got to go. When does he graduate??:rolleyes:

In Sweden its really common to not get married and to be in relationships for a really long time and even start a family without getting married. But as he is a royal Im guessing he is excluded from mainstream swedish culture.

For Crown Princess Victoria's children to be able to inherit the throne they must be born in wedlock.

grandempressxx said:
By the way does anyone know when carl finshes his studies, I know hes doing graphic design but he must be like 26yrs old, how many more years has he got to go. When does he graduate??:rolleyes:
I'm not sure in any way, but I think I've read somewhere that he should finnish his education at Forsbergs School this year. But we'll see if that's accurate, but so far we have no hint about what he will be doing next. Perhaps go professional? Who knows!

Maybe they might marry soon? who knows. I don't think the heir has to marry first- in Denmark Queen Margrethes sister married before her, Joachim before Frederik, Anne before Charles, and Felipes sisters married before him,although they were older!anyway, time will tell.

Gita said:
For Crown Princess Victoria's children to be able to inherit the throne they must be born in wedlock.

Is that just what you guess or is that fixed somewhere in the Swedish act of succession?

Edit: I just looked up the Swedish act of succession:

In the preamble to first art. it says:

we have this day determined and confirmed for the legitimate direct male heirs of His Royal Highness JOHAN BAPTIST JULIUS, Prince of Ponte-Corvo, the following order of succession to the crown and government of Sweden, applicable in the manner and on the conditions expressly set forth below.

Art. 1. The right of succession to the throne of Sweden is vested in the male and female descendants of King Carl XVI Gustaf, Crown Prince Johan Baptist Julii, later King Karl XIV Johan’s, issue in direct line of descent. In this connection, older siblings and their descendants have precedence over younger siblings and their descendants.

Please not: while the (historical) preamble speaks of the "legitimate direct male heirs", the first article, which was changed in 1980, speaks only of "descendents of King Carl XVI Gustaf" weather they are female or male. It doesn't say "legitimate"! As the whole Act po Succession was revised by parliament and several articles were reworded and/or filled with new content, one could argue that the Swedish parliament did not mean "legitimate" but just "descendants". As I've only a law degree in German law and not Swedish constitutional law, I can't say anything about the view the Swedish parliament takes on the issue of legitimate vs illegitimate children. But as Scandinavian countrys are known for their being liberal, I wouldn't wonder if any child of CP Victoria could inherit. IIRC, when Mette-Marit became engaged to CP Haakon, the media reported that Marius Borg Hoiby is not "illegitimate" under Norwegian law, just born without his parents being married. Thus, he is the legitimate issue of CP Mette-Marit, but as it is her husband and not her who is the Royal, it doesn't mean Marius has a claim to anything Royal.

So let's hope that CP Victoria decides to get married before she presents Sweden with an heir of her body....

Last edited:
I seriously doubt any of the Swedish Royal children would have children out of wedlock.

Wedlock is another term for marrige. Basically, children born to parents who are not married (i.e. Albert) versus children born within a marriage (i.e. Charles, Frederick, Joachim, etc.). In some instances, these children are not the eligible for succession (again Albert's son). Although in the past in Monaco, these children have been legitimized. But that's another thread :)

Zonk1189 said:
Wedlock is another term for marrige. Basically, children born to parents who are not married (i.e. Albert) versus children born within a marriage (i.e. Charles, Frederick, Joachim, etc.). In some instances, these children are not the eligible for succession (again Albert's son). Although in the past in Monaco, these children have been legitimized. But that's another thread :)

Thanks a lot, so Victoria and the others have to pay attention to be married bevore they got kids. Then this children will not have any problems.
Tho its quite normal today that women get kids without being married. :D

Yes you are right it is not unsual for women to have children before marriage but if members of the Swedish Royal Family want children to inherit the throne they must be born to married parents.

I dont think that could happend in Sweden. I dont think the rf would approve of that.

Yes Yennie you are right and of course any children born would not be entitled to inherit the throne.

According to this article in Expressen http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=582233

Emma has sold her apartment on Valhallavägen and moved in with prince Carl Philip in his apartment on Slottsbacken. Ofcourse she can´t live there "officially" so on the paper she stays at her parents house.

The royal court wont comment on the prince and Emmas whereabouts and says that; We wont comment individuals or acquaintances of members of the royal family

Rumours says that a engagement is coming, but Carl Philip and Emma has to wait until Victoria and Daniel are engaged

So perhaps one wedding will be held next spring and another in the summer. Or one wedding will be held early summer and the other late summer? What do you lot think? And who knows may be Princess Madeleine and Jonas in 2008?!

Thank you for the article Yennie. How is your driving going? I passed my practical this morning, at last!

Gita said:
So perhaps one wedding will be held next spring and another in the summer. Or one wedding will be held early summer and the other late summer? What do you lot think? And who knows may be Princess Madeleine and Jonas in 2008?!

Thank you for the article Yennie. How is your driving going? I passed my practical this morning, at last!

I dont think they would plan two weddings in the same year because it would simply be to expensive (remember the kings birthday was a reason not to have the wedding this year)
And perhaps the attention wouldn´t be enough to make sure its even between the sibs :D

Gita; my driving is put on a hold until the summer. Simply to busy with school at the moment... congrats to you for passing the test!

Sibling squabbles

I seriously hope there have been not squabbles at the palace between the siblings. "No Dad I want to marry first!" :D ;)

I´ve heard rumours that Victoria will marry Daniel in summer 2007.
So if CP and Emma also will marry, we can hope to two weddings, following near by each other.
That means, perharps, nice pictures on TV.
Or won´t the weddings be on TV?:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom