Press Reports about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: January 2011 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
b3,5 hours is still a very long trip. Basically, Madeleine and/or Chris would have to spend about 8 hours on the road alone to see each other every day - which is pretty much impossible given both of them will be working. Realistically, it would mean weekend meetings at best - and I doubt a relationship can survive on days off only.

I wonder if this will show up just how busy Madeleine is with her work for The Childhood Foundation. ?

Will we see her being the one who commutes most often. ?

I don't understand how Madeleine finds Chris attractive. He's so grimy! And she can do so much better. I have a weird feeling they won't be breaking up anytime soon...which means she may have found her husband.

Breffney said:
So, hot on foot of hearing that Chris is taking up employment in Florida we see Madeleine pictured with her good friend and now, Carl Philip.

Is this a coincidence or is she very upset and has sent for reinforcements to console her. ?

Well CPs birthday is coming up, so maybe she wanted him to visit before his b-day. And since he's visiting why not kill 2 birds with one stone and invite the best friend to come along. The more the merrier. I don't think it's about her being upset and wanting reinforcements at all,

According to press reports, Chris was an a business trip to Florida on Friday and Saturday, but returned for Sunday, when we have seen photos of him with Madeleine, Carl Philip and Lussan.

Chris & Madeleine dining with Queen Silvia in NY
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fToDlILZH...uecia-chris-oneill-restaurante-nueva-york.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EyEH3tyi0...T28f-nZYA/s640/Newscom-abausaphotos725547.jpg

Chris seems to be well accepted by King & Queen (what else can they do when publicly vacationing with Sofia). To me, Chris & Madeleine dont look well matched and I get a creepy vibe from him.

I said it in another thread, to me Chris doesnt look like he wants to become a Prince of and in Sweden, cant imagine him giving up his independent life in order to walk behind the SRF to attend (some of them) silly events. He most certainly is no fame or gold digger.

Chris seems to be well accepted by King & Queen (what else can they do when publicly vacationing with Sofia). To me, Chris & Madeleine dont look well matched and I get a creepy vibe from him.
I'm glad someone feels the same way. Always thought I'm incredibly subjective because of a certain dislike I feel towards Chris.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fToDlILZH...uecia-chris-oneill-restaurante-nueva-york.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EyEH3tyi0...T28f-nZYA/s640/Newscom-abausaphotos725547.jpg

I said it in another thread, to me Chris doesnt look like he wants to become a Prince of and in Sweden, cant imagine him giving up his independent life in order to walk behind the SRF to attend (some of them) silly events. He most certainly is no fame or gold digger.

I've been on the fence about Chris and haven't had any opinion about him one way or another if he makes Madeleine happy and treats her well, but I would think that for dinner with the Queen he'd make an effort to wear a better outfit rather than that slovenly mess. The grungy beard doesn't add to the overall appearance either. I certainly wouldn't want him in my mother's company looking like that!

Last edited:

I'm glad someone feels the same way. Always thought I'm incredibly subjective because of a certain dislike I feel towards Chris.

Here's a third person who feels exactly the same way, I have got creepy vibes ever since I saw Chris for the first time.
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edoris?tem=dorismark&doc_id=7aa7d2266525421ef2c9c6c4a6320bdf
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edoris?tem=dorismark&doc_id=7aa7d2266525421ef3ccc6c4a6320bdf

Did you have a creepy vibe about Jonas? Remember how wonderful everyone thought he was, and how Daniel was compared unfavorably to him. I think you actually have to meet, talk to, and really get to know a person before you can make judgements about them.

Did you have a creepy vibe about Jonas? Remember how wonderful everyone thought he was, and how Daniel was compared unfavorably to him. I think you actually have to meet, talk to, and really get to know a person before you can make judgements about them.

I always disliked Jonas very much, he was too slimy and too good to be true. Madeleine and Jonas were like Barbie and Ken. I thought that Jonas loved Madeleine because she was a princess, while Daniel loves Victoria despite of that she is a princess.

Last edited:
I always disliked Jonas very much, he was too slimy and too good to be true. Madeleine and Jonas were like Barbie and Ken. I thought that Jonas loved Madeleine because she was a princess, while Daniel loves Victoria despite of that she is a princess.

Agree 100%!!!
I too find both creepy, but in a different way. Jonas comes across as creepy in a polished or snobbish way, while Chris seems to be creepy in an obsure way. Neither man is or was the right candidate for Madeleine imo in case she is looking for a Daniel/Victoria type relationship (until death will part us, honesty, family etc).

At the cover of SvenskDam
The meeting of mother-in-laws confirm the engagement rumors
A court source: Madeleine has a ring on her finger within one month!
SDT1221_

I really do fear we are heading for another double engagement in the Swedish royal family. :whistling:

I woudn't consider Svensk Damtidning's predictions reliable, they have been writing at least a year now that Carl Philip and Sofia are going to be engaged soon, and it hasn't happened.:whistling:

But it's reason to be jolly, not to fear, Artemisia!:flowers::);)
When and if engagements are announced, I'll be very happy for both Madeleine and Carl-Philip, although truth be told I'm not very fond of Chris and struggle to like Sofia. Unfortunately, a double engagement is bound to bring back some unpleasant memories of the last similar occasion. I really hope one of the siblings will until after the other is married to announce his/her engagement.

I really hope one of the siblings will until after the other is married to announce his/her engagement.
Why should they wait? Madeleine will turn 30 very soon, Carl-Phillip has just turned 33; they are still young people, but already a man and a woman, not a boy and a girl, so it's perfectly normal that they begin to long for stabilization - much more when they look at their sister so happy and fulfilled as wife and mother. And also more and more of their friends are getting married and starting a family.:baby::baby::twohearts::twohearts::rose2::rose2:

Why should they wait?
If one of them announces their engagement and the other follows before the first one has got married there will most likely be media rumours that the second one only announced his/her engagement out of spite for the first one, there were such rumours when Madeleine announced her engagement so soon after Victoria.

If one of them announces their engagement and the other follows before the first one has got married there will most likely be media rumours that the second one only announced his/her engagement out of spite for the first one, there were such rumours when Madeleine announced her engagement so soon after Victoria.

Announce both at the same time?

Not a good idea to announce both at the same time if this is the case IMO Not because of what happened previously but for other reasons.

Sometimes when they are two people in a family announcing an engagement at the same time, one gets more attention than the other. However, you can have the same risk if you announce an engagment weeks or months later. Timing has a lot to do with it.

If my memory is correct, Princess Madeline was to be married first and then a couple of months later, Princess Victoria. Princess Victoria announced her engagement first and then shortly thereafter Princess Madeline. I don't think Princess Madeline wanted to upstage her sister. IMO it didn't appear that way.

If my memory is correct, Princess Madeline was to be married first and then a couple of months later, Princess Victoria. Princess Victoria announced her engagement first and then shortly thereafter Princess Madeline. I don't think Princess Madeline wanted to upstage her sister. IMO it didn't appear that way.
No, Madeleine was supposed to get married after Victoria, in the autumn or early winter of 2010. There were really no reason due to a planned wedding date for Madeleine to announce her engagement shortly after Victoria, she could have waited until after Victoria's wedding and still got married in 2010. The engagement was possibly an attempt to save her relationship with Jonas as there were rumours about him having had an affair.

Victoria and Daniel announced their engagement on February 24th, Madeleine and Jonas on August 11th. They had gone secretly engaged already in June in Capri, where Jonas proposed. The swedish press has written that Madeleine knew that Jonas had betrayed her when she got engaged.
Madeleine and Jonas could have waited with their engagement since their wedding was planned to happen after the wedding of Victoria and Daniel.

Biri said:
Very nice couple!

That's nice that you think so.

I personally think he's too grimy and rugged for her IMO. But I guess what really matters is that he treats her good.

I like rugged, but I wouldn't want anyone dressed like that with stubble on his face having dinner with my mother, let alone the Queen! But that's just my personal opinion and it's how he treats Madeleine that's important.

I find a three-days’-stubble entirely acceptable at such an occasion; remember that even Crown Princes have been known to sport them at official events.;)
Chris O’Neill’s bearing was restrained, cool and actually quite dignified.

What I find less acceptable than the personal touch of a stubble is a very different kind of personal touch which feels more like a sledgehammer...
...namely an attitude which expresses the delusion of a movie playing in your mind in which you’re not entering the Stockholm Palace Church, but walking on a red carpet as a celebrity, surrounded by photographers trying to get a pic of your famous self.
Searching out every camera lens with an open-mouthed smile and stopping to pose even in church, this attitude was Miss Hellqvist’s, very visible throughout in the TV live footage as well as on pics.

It's a relief indeed that the attention today was not very focused on these two royal partners, but I fear that thngs will look quite different in the European press over the next week(s).

Because this is the right thread, I'll quote my comment made in the CP/Sofia-Thread here:

Even though this is not the Madeleine-Thread I just want to add a little compliment about Madeleines choice of clothes, too. It really siuted her and I would love to see what shewore underneath the coat? Are there any pics of that? Maybe somewhere in the Madeleine-Thread?

And her hat? To die for. Especially the little netting over her eyes. She looked absolutely beautiful today with her dark hair, the hairdo, the hat and her darkframed blue eyes. She's morphed from a beautiful young woman into a very elegant, beautiful woman lately. It seems she has martured a lot.

OK, and that's all about my opinion about Madeleine here. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom