Press Reports about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: January 2011 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, SRF can manage without Madeleine carrying out royal duties and they are already doing so for some time. The same goes for her brother. They both have minimum of public engagements. While I agree with what you wrote, "dumping his girlfriend and starting to do real work", I think in regards of work, the same goes for Madeleine.

Exactly. She is basically doing nothing there, apart from some alibi charity work. Most royals who decide to keep public duties to a minimum and live abroad have proper jobs and work for their living (eg the Dutch princes).

IMO its a sleazy attitude for a royal to have it both ways, live abroad to get away from it all (duty, paparazzi) but keeping the royal title and benefit from it (being a wealthy socialite). Victoria seems to be the only child who has interited Silvia's discipline and sense of duty, or maybe she was the only child who was educated in that sense, the other two are more or less a total loss in that respect, including the wanna-be-famous partner. HRHs for nothing and rather whining about the media intrusion than paying respect to the huge privileges.

I think in regards of work, the same goes for Madeleine.

Totally agree with what you say about Madeleine.
Carl-Philip is doing a better job than his sister has done in the past 3 or 4 years IMO and I commend that. CP doesn't IMO need to dump his girlfriend and do real work, he has shown that he serves his country well and his girlfriend is nothing worse than any other scandal that has hit almost every royal family.

Madeleine needs to make a decision, be a Princess in your own country and bring your boyfriend home with you. He seems like a good person, who hasn't done anything wrong to Madeleine. Or, give up your title and move to NYC to be with Chris over there. She could make a nice living on the charity circle i'm sure.

Exactly. She is basically doing nothing there, apart from some alibi charity work. Most royals who decide to keep public duties to a minimum and live abroad have proper jobs and work for their living (eg the Dutch princes).

IMO its a sleazy attitude for a royal to have it both ways, live abroad to get away from it all (duty, paparazzi) but keeping the royal title and benefit from it (being a wealthy socialite). Victoria seems to be the only child who has interited Silvia's discipline and sense of duty, or maybe she was the only child who was educated in that sense, the other two are more or less a total loss in that respect, including the wanna-be-famous partner. HRHs for nothing and rather whining about the media intrusion than paying respect to the huge privileges.

You're post is excellently written, well said.

PM has plumped up a bit and looks very good.

I have to agree. Looks that she is attracted to the wrong type of guys. But who knows, maybe we're completly wrong.
He has a similar type of beauty, and of character...time will show.

Is it only me who thinks, that Chris is resembling a lot to Elvis Presley?

He looks nothing like Elvis to me.

-P. Madeleine wants to stay in NYC and her family agrees because she and her family feel embarrasement about her break up with Jonas (he dumped her).
-P. Madeleine does NOT fall in love with Chris. She only needs a man at this time to cure her feelings. P. Madeliene will NOT choose Chris, but Chris chooses P. Madeliene.
-Chris is just a normal person who can give up everthing for any royal princess or prince. He gave up every relationship with every woman in his life since he met Princess.

sriwadee said:
-P. Madeleine wants to stay in NYC and her family agrees because she and her family feel embarrasement about her break up with Jonas (he dumped her).
-P. Madeleine does NOT fall in love with Chris. She only needs a man at this time to cure her feelings. P. Madeliene will NOT choose Chris, but Chris chooses P. Madeliene.
-Chris is just a normal person who can give up everthing for any royal princess or prince. He gave up every relationship with every woman in his life since he met Princess.

How do you know that any of this is true? For me it sounds like nonsense.

:) Thank you, dear georgiea, your answer was very nice.

Those are my opinion.
If I'm not wrong, his full name is Christopher John O'Neill.

Everytime I see her in NY she's eating!
She better be careful cause it's very easy to gain weight in Manhattan.

i think she has gained weight

If Princess Madeleine wants to stay in New York, I don't know why people are criticizing her for doing so. A lot of royals live in New York or have apartments in New York. Many royals don't even live in their country of origin (some of course can't for obvious reasons).

How do the press get these pictures? Send people to different restaurants every morning?

If Princess Madeleine wants to stay in New York, I don't know why people are criticizing her for doing so. A lot of royals live in New York or have apartments in New York. Many royals don't even live in their country of origin (some of course can't for obvious reasons).
I can't speak for others, but I don't have problem with Madeleine living in New York or Moscow or wherever she wishes to live. My problem is that she is having it both ways. She's living in New York, "working" for her mom's charity which she is not paid for, she's stated it herself that she's traveling at her own cost etc. I'm not aware of any high pay job she had before so I'd assume that the money for her appartment, traveling etc. comes from her parents, who are paid by swedish taxpayers. Since she's performing minimum of royal engagements, they are virtually paying her for nothing.
I know from the top of my head just about two couples from reigning european houses who are living abroad. Cristina & Inaki in Washington and Friso & Mabel in London. The difference between them and Madeleine is that they are actually working there and earning for their living.

How do the press get these pictures? Send people to different restaurants every morning?

Hi Esmeralda,
I thought, London is THE city of paparazzis, so I thought you might know.....

No, in this case there are many possible ways to get the pictures.
- The paparazzi knows the addresses of HIS appartment and HER appartment -- and some pics has already been made by entering/leaving the appartments.
- Apart from that there are many "IN-Locations", which are observed by paparazzis regularily -- not only reg. the Princess, but also other Celebrities, i.e. Hollywood Actors, Billionaires, Celebrity woman, etc. -- such as the Boat House in the Central Park, where the first pics of the couple were made.
- last but not least: Paparazzis have a great network of gatekeepers, bar owners, concierges in hotels, etc etc, where they get tips, i.e. this and that person just entered our restaurant/bar.... so they are able to quickly move to this location and take some pics.
- and surely there are many many more ways.

BYe Bine

They do whatever because there is a market for such pictures. Somebody will live very well off getting up early / staying up late / hanging around the apartments or paying someone else to do so and selling the result to the mainly European market for royalty.

Madeleine broke off an engagement, she is one of the soap opera royals. Cristina of Spain or Friso of the Netherlands lead boring family lifes, not very interesting.

most of the paparazzi pay the restaurants money like the greeter a waiter or the owner of the establishment they call when a celebrity is there...
and if its a juicy valuable shot like princess Madeleine with her new boyfriend then its worth money ...if its just Madeline having breakfast by herself they probably wouldnt call or the paparazzi woulnt go unless they need a shot of that clebrity

Last edited:
Madeleine feels betrayed by one of her friends, Stephanie af Klercker. They have been friends since childhood. Stephanie dated Ludvig Blomqvist, one of Jonas Bergström´s childhood friends. They broke up as did Madde and Jonas.
Now Jonas and Stephanie are together, they have been a couple for three weeks in secrecy. Madeleine found just recently out that Jonas has a new love in his life. Although Madeleine has found a new love, she felt angry when she heard that Jonas´ new love was one of her friends, who hadn´t told her about it. Madeleine doesn´t know to whom she can rely on. She has broke up the friendship with Stephanie.
Madeleine bryter med sin väninna - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

Madeleine feels betrayed by one of her friends, Stephanie af Klercker. They have been friends since childhood. Stephanie dated Ludvig Blomqvist, one of Jonas Bergström´s childhood friends. They broke up as did Madde and Jonas.
Now Jonas and Stephanie are together, they have been a couple for three weeks in secrecy. Madeleine found just recently out that Jonas has a new love in his life. Although Madeleine has found a new love, she felt angry when she heard that Jonas´ new love was one of her friends, who hadn´t told her about it. Madeleine doesn´t know to whom she can rely on. She has broke up the friendship with Stephanie.
Madeleine bryter med sin väninna - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

Well, that´s hard stuff..... with her friend since childhood days, and they didn ´t tell her... I can understand her decision. Although she has found another love as well, they were a couple for quite a substancial time. But: it may be, that they did not tell her, because the love is just 3 weeks old - maybe they wanted to wait longer to find out, whether it may last longer or whether it is just a flash in the pan.
BYe Bine

She sounds like a dog-in-the-manger to me!
It's not like her friend was dating him while he and Madeleine were together; it only happened after they'd broken up.
I feel she could be more gracious about it.

I think Madeleine should take a deep breath and get on with her life. If she is not able to do so and "feels betrayed" she probably isnt over Jonas as much as her new relationship suggests.

We dont know the full extend and who was to blame in the break-up story, while I dont think much of Jonas I do think he was an easy scapegoat to make Madeleine look like the poor dumped innocent girl I doubt she was. And given Jonas has never spilled the beans in the media what he easily could have done could indicate that he isnt THAT bad.

They broke up and moved on, Madeleine is in a new relationship and the same right goes for Jonas. It would be a different matter if Stephanie had been the reason of the split but she wasnt and almost a year has passed now. If Jonas finds a new girlfriend in their former circle of friends why not and who knows how deep the friendship or how regular the contact between Stephanie and Madeleine was at this stage.

If I was Madeleine I would be annoyed too. She is her friend and knows what hurt Jonas caused but still started a relationship with him? But I guess at the same time it is not always possible to control our feelings.

There's an unspoken rule in which you can never ever date your friends ex boyfriend! That's just wrong and its crazy if it's true.

Any pics ...

... Of Princess Madeleine in New York....
Madeleine
7/9 mars:
projet avec la World Childhood Foundation, Minneapolis

There's an unspoken rule in which you can never ever date your friends ex boyfriend! That's just wrong and its crazy if it's true.

Gotta go with CrownPrincess5 on this one!

You don't date your friend (especially a "good" friend's) ex. At least without telling her first. Its an unwritten rule.

Now if Jonas is the bad guy in the break up you really don't date him. And if he wasn't, and this is a good friend, you aren't so much seeking their approval but you should let them hear it from you.

SO if Stephanie is dating Jonas, and Madeline broke up with Jonas...than Madeline should have heard it from Stephanie. It doesn't matter if Madeline has moved or if she and Stephanie aren't that tight anymore. Good friends don't have to speak all the time, or be in the same city. Its just tacky IMO.

I think if this is true, Madeline has every right to be upset and it isn't about her being a whiner. I mean, goodness, I know that she isn't the ideal Princess but sometimes I think that people take their dislike for a person (and this isn't just Madeline) and it doesn't allow them to see things objectively.

It's in very poor taste to do something like this. Well all I can say is if Jonas cheats on Stephanie she has no one to blame but herself because this was something that was known about him. Perhaps she may think Jonas won't cheat on her or do the same thing he did to Madeleine. Maybe she thinks she can reform him. Who knows. This is what many women think when they date their friend's ex. The same pattern comes up again and again. Seen it happened again and again. Not in my own personal experience but seen it happened to other women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom