Press Reports about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: January 2011 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well im sure he knows fully now who she is after being outed in every major NY newspaper.
i bet it was a bit of a shock to wake up on monday and have your face in the NY papers because of who you are dating

I wonder how Madeleine introduced herself to him. Did she say:

"I'm Madeleine Bernadotte"
Or
"I'm Princess Madeleine" :ermm:

Congratulations to princess Madeleine.:flowers:

For meeting a new romance. Of course it would happen eventually:lol:

And also congratulations to Madeleine for getting rid of the infamous fiancee.

I wonder how Madeleine introduced herself to him. Did she say:

"I'm Madeleine Bernadotte"
Or
"I'm Princess Madeleine" :ermm:

Perhaps they were introduced by friends :) Madeleine, this is Chris, Chris, this is Madeleine :)

Madeleine, in the grand scheme of things and in regards to world-wide knoweldge, is not a big royal. Few people outside of Sweden, not counting royalty watchers, would know who she is, unless someone who did know told them. Especially in the US, where the main royals are the Windsors and the Grimaldis - mainly due to Princesses Diana (in recent times) and Grace. Madeleine could be dropped into any country in the world, excluding Sweden, and would be able to go by unnoticed by the populace (until a paparazzi spotted her/was tipped off) - at most, some people might think she is some anonymous wife/daughter of a millionaire. The same for most of the other royals in the world (with some exceptions - Queens Rania and Noor in the US, the Spaniards in South America, Princess Mary in Australia; and even then there would be a large number of people who still wouldn't know who they are - nor would they care). So it is quite likely that this man, whoever he may be, had no clue that Madeleine is a Swedish Princess upon first meeting.

I did say in that reply

I can understand that he might not know who she is,

she's been in NY for a while, I'm sure she's been noticed by someone. My main post was that Madeleine should be back in Sweden.

Great that you share my veiw of Finland is a apart of Sweden not really an indepent country. ;)

Well... The area now known as Sweden used to be inhabited by Finns and Samis long before the Swedes arrived... But since I know you Swedes have such a penchant for colonialistic boastery (much like our eastern neighbours do), I'll let it slide this time... ;)

The papers have been full of speculations and pure gossip regarding Madeleine and Chris today... I'll put the beyond all proportion interest in this down to the press needing an excuse to have photos of Madeleine published. :whistling: Most tabloids seem to be keen to present her wearing an evening gown as generous as possible, it seems... :ermm:

All this speculation is getting out of control. They may just be friends.

Except she is a big royal, who should be in her own country doing something worthwhile than spending time in NY for no reason. ;)
I can understand that he might not know who she is, but being a Princess is hard to keep. Especially when Madeleine has been in NY for a while and I could imagine that at least some gossip magazine might have picked up on her? She has done a few events hasn't see?

A) You know, I always feel like laughing, when I'm reading something like your first sentence. Madeleine works for a charity her own mother founded while spending her spare time (which we all have a right to have) going out and having fun, while she attends a few royal events here and there. Her brother is doing something worthwhile while he's in his country, studying something useful to manage his properties later-on and doing some royals appearances here and there and he obviously isn't doing something useful according to thousands of users. So, Which one of them really does something worthwhile and useful and which one doesn't? So what if Madeleine does her duties in NY and not in Stockholm? She is doing something and not wasting her time. And if getting over her broken relationship in NY helps her, what's so bad in working there? At least she IS doing something and NOT nothing. The only thing she shouldn't have handled otherwise is the nobel prize ceremony, but other than that, I see nothing wrong with her living and working in NY.

B) NY is a very big city and I definitely do believe that it's possible do go out with her for a while and not knowing who she really is. If she doesn't tell (IF) there's no telling that he'll recognize her for a while (if he really doesn't know). Because honestly, there are so many famous people in NY and Madeleine isn't that much of a big fish there (she would, if she would have been a british royal, but she isn't). Like I said before, not everyone follows the royals like we do and will recognize her right away. Just like we won't recognize a pro hockey player or an actor right away which would be absolutely incomprehensible for a die-hard fan of said pro hockey player or actor. Do you know what I mean?

A; Shall we agree to disagree on this matter, I think Madeleine should be in Sweden doing duties and when she's needed in NY she can pop over throughout the year rather than living there. I have already said I think Madeleine is milking her supposedly broken heart. However if she's in a new relationship, she seems to be over Jonas and what he did.
She's Princess of Sweden, not New York. If Prince Harry spent the majority of the year in Africa rather than in the UK i'd be annoyed.
She is doing something, but she's only working for one charity which her mother founded, has she not got other patronages or duties in Sweden or is she choosing to neglect them?

B; I get what you mean, but if this guy she's dating is a well known man, the magazines will have done some background research on who the "blond babe" is. Don't you think? Or have the press suddenly started respecting privacy? ;)

If he doesn't know Madeline is a princess, his mummy does.

Anyhoo, some say the woman in the video isn't Madeline at all.

If he didn't know that she is a Princess, he sure does now.

I hope things work out for her. She deserves someone who loves and respects her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so happy for her, everyone deserves to be happy !

I don´t understand why so often the opinion is given in this thread that Madeleine "deserves" love or so. She doesn´t deserve it more or less than any other person IMO and IMO she has of course her share in the break-up with Jonas.
And concerning this Mr. O´Neill: I have no good feeling, he´s IMO similar to Jonas from his shape and already being him 36 of age is IMO also alarming. Has he been married before?

And concerning this Mr. O´Neill: I have no good feeling, he´s IMO similar to Jonas from his shape and already being him 36 of age is IMO also alarming. Has he been married before?

In NYC, its common for men (and women) to still be unmarried well into their 30s.

Daniel was 36 when he married Victoria and Phillipe of Belgium was 39 when he got married. We'll have to know more about him to judge what he's like.

A; Shall we agree to disagree on this matter, I think Madeleine should be in Sweden doing duties and when she's needed in NY she can pop over throughout the year rather than living there. I have already said I think Madeleine is milking her supposedly broken heart.

Couldnt agree more. Madeleine strikes me as a bit spoiled and superficial, enjoying the priviliges but not willing to face the storm at home. She is attracting a certain type of men who in the end get tired of worshipping the ground the princess walks on while having enjoyed their share of the limelight.

KittyAtlanta If he doesn't know Madeline is a princess, his mummy does.
Exactly :whistling:

There's an error in the thread-title. The princess's name is MadelEine and not MadelAine. Can someone correct it please?

I'm stuck between agreeing she should be in Sweden working, and saying it's not a big deal that's shes in NYC because I doubt that she would be doing much of anything in Sweden anyways. I doubt shes working at Childhood in a 9 to 5 sense, but rather occasionally/periodically doing volunteering type work.

I doubt shes working at Childhood in a 9 to 5 sense, but rather occasionally/periodically doing volunteering type work.

Why? Why is is that unusual for her to have a 9 to 5 job? Because she is princess? Or because she is a spoiled brat who's just wasting time?

I didn't say it would be unusual for her to have a 9 to 5 job because shes a princess, in fact that would be wonderful if it was true. I see her as somewhat spoiled but in the 'she so spoiled she must be a horrible personality' sense, but rather she knows knows she doesn't' have to work much so she does what the minimum she can get away with. If you look at the annual report from 2009 from the court, most of her appearance is apart of a group, official visits/dinners, or fashion related. Granted a large chunk of what she did is Childhood related, so it is indeed important to her, but I don't think her work ethic would stand up to 9 to 5, 5 days a week.

To be honesty if she wants to stay in New York, then that's fine, but I don't want to see her flying home to Sweden just for the galas and state dinners and other big ticket items. Fairy tale princesses are suppose to be glamorous, but the real ones should have substances.

I don´t understand why so often the opinion is given in this thread that Madeleine "deserves" love or so. She doesn´t deserve it more or less than any other person IMO and IMO she has of course her share in the break-up with Jonas.

His age is not alarming. She's 3 days younger than I am, so we're both going to be 29 this year. A 29 year old with a 36 year old is not alarming, by any stretch of the imagination.

Not all men get married in their early or late 20s. My dad was 22, but some of my friends' fathers were in their mid-30s. You get married when you feel you're with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. That may be at 22, 32, 42 or 52. There's no maximum age requirement.

I read an article which interviewed Madeleine's work with the childhood foundation and it gave insight as to her job duties for the foundation and I believe the interviewer followed her around to see what a typical workday for her is like. Madeleine said she works from about 9am to as late 5 or 6pm. She said when shes not out doing something official she's in the office on the computer all day. I didn't think she worked really hard until I read that and I realized she really does take this childhood seriously and from what I read I gathered that she really is a hard worker...she has to be hardworking cause what her job entails.

We never see her in the office working, we only see her partying or having fun and that makes her look like a spoiled brat. I cut her some slack cause one cannot have all work and no play in New York...the city that never sleeps:)

Last edited:
I read an article which interviewed Madeleine's work with the childhood foundation and it gave insight as to her job duties for the foundation and I believe the interviewer followed her around to see what a typical workday for her is like. Madeleine said she works from about 9am to as late 5 or 6pm. She said when shes not out doing something official she's in the office on the computer all day. I didn't think she worked really hard until I read that and I realized she really does take this childhood seriously and from what I read I gathered that she really is a hard worker...she has to be hardworking cause what her job entails.

We never see her in the office working, we only see her partying or having fun and that makes her look like a spoiled brat. I cut her some slack cause one cannot have all work and no play in New York...the city that never sleeps:)

Maybe they should have taken a photo of her working at the computer. Who knows, she could be playing WOW or EVE-online or solitare all day:ROFLMAO:

the thing i find funny is that if this guy was in Stockholm last summer between her sisters wedding and the Greek wedding or around that time frame ..then Madeleine obviously was into this guy most likely before her sisters wedding .

meaning she had to have spent enough time with him in NY before she came back for the wedding in June.
to be comfortable with him to the point of him coming to visit her in Stockholm

..so much for her running off to America and grieving about the breakup of her engagement. it almost appears she hopped right from Jonas to this guy pretty fast

Well, you know, they could be just friends...

That's exactly what I meant before. No-one sees her working in the office on a regular basis and therefore many think she does only a few appearances here and there and otherwise wasting her time partying the day and night away. Thanks for this information, CrownPrincess. It's nice to know she really works hard ll day just like all of us (or at least like all of us should).

the thing i find funny is that if this guy was in Stockholm last summer between her sisters wedding and the Greek wedding or around that time frame ..then Madeleine obviously was into this guy most likely before her sisters wedding .

meaning she had to have spent enough time with him in NY before she came back for the wedding in June.
to be comfortable with him to the point of him coming to visit her in Stockholm

..so much for her running off to America and grieving about the breakup of her engagement. it almost appears she hopped right from Jonas to this guy pretty fast

But that's all just speculation on your part with absolutely no proof. Personally I believe her that she needed a new surrounding to get over her break-up. And if that's NY where she can combine work and getting-over-Jonas than that's fine with me.

Maybe taking pictures where she works is off limits or prohibited. Some workplaces don't allow pictures or it might be for security reasons that she is not photographed at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom