Press Reports about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: January 2011 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expressen promises to publish some pictures of Princess Madeleine in the morning. The article claims that "everyone" is talking about the photos and that they are supposedly about her new love interest in NY. We'll see... :ermm:

Expressen ensam om Madde-bilderna - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

Google Translate

interesting video and little article it looks like she is meeting some guy at the bar there. but i think its naive to think she hasn't been dating in NYC its a big city with alot of eligible guys good for her

Hmmmm, she really deserves a new love after this "annus horribilis" for her. But I have had a look at the video: what exactly is the special something on this video? She stroke his arm..... ok. This is not yet the proof for endless love, it could be a good friend, too.....
So she´having a good time! But new love? I am not yet convinced, I need more "proofs" here.
BYe bine

Hmmmm, she really deserves a new love after this "annus horribilis" for her. But I have had a look at the video: what exactly is the special something on this video? She stroke his arm..... ok. This is not yet the proof for endless love, it could be a good friend, too.....
So she´having a good time! But new love? I am not yet convinced, I need more "proofs" here.
BYe bine
Well that were exactly my thoughs after seeing the video. It looks more like a good friend then a new boyfriend. But you never know where a friendship can lead...

In todays Aftonbladet they say something about Madde dating a stock-broker called Chris.

Also, they gave the name of the restaurant today, Boathouse in Central park NY and had their US correspondent sit in the same chair as Madeleine.

Have anyone been there? I checked it out online, but the menu didnt have prizes

Magdalena? There is a new princess in Sweden?
This shouldn't happen I think.. Publishing on internet, they can take a look at least on Google or Wiki before posting that or what..
PS in the translation by Google is Madeleine of Sweden.. At least Google knows..

I hope she has nothing to do with Stavros. She deserves someone else.. He seems to me like a playboy..

This shouldn't happen I think.. Publishing on internet, they can take a look at least on Google or Wiki before posting that or what..
PS in the translation by Google is Madeleine of Sweden.. At least Google knows..
Magdalena is spanish form of Madeleine, they've just translated her name to spanish, therefore google translate gives the right form of the name. Hola is doing it regulary...

Can somebody post the video again?
I can't seem to view it.

I hope she has nothing to do with Stavros. She deserves someone else.. He seems to me like a playboy..

frankly i dont think it is he has been dating an Australian model jess hart ...this guy is most likely some stock broker from long island . who has no idea he has been going on dates with a princess ...

well that would be funny if thats how it is. maybe all he knows is that she is Madeleine from Sweden in NY working for the world childhood foundation

Last edited:
Magdalena is spanish form of Madeleine, they've just translated her name to spanish, therefore google translate gives the right form of the name. Hola is doing it regulary...

Really? Sorry, my mistake.
I'm just very happy that our beloved Slovak newspapers haven't found it out yet. They translate lots of names and sometimes you don't know who are they talking about..

A photo of the man in Madeleine´s life:
According to Expressen´s sources, the man is Christopher O´Neill, 36-year old vice president of a finance company. They have been dating for a while, but according to Madeleine´s friends, she is still single, at least officially.
"Madeleine är fortfarande singel" - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

And Aftonbladet tells the same.
Maddes nye kille - Chris | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Does he even know that he is dating a princess? :D
Seems to be nice guy..

I can't see him not knowing who she is, and if she hasn't told him who she is then that's kinda manipulative.
I'm glad she's dating again, just wish she would come home and do her job.

Mabye Madeleine hasnt told him that she is a princess to see if its her he is intressted in or her title. If there is something going on between them then this is someone that is used to official functions and the life in the spotlight from the story in todays Expressen.

Maybe Madeleine should avoid that place for a while now:)

Also, they gave the name of the restaurant today, Boathouse in Central park NY and had their US correspondent sit in the same chair as Madeleine.

Have anyone been there? I checked it out online, but the menu didnt have prizes

Most entrees will run you $20-50 USD, I would say. It's a beautiful location, and the food is delicious. Many go for the bar and views of the lake, especially, IMO, during the winter when you can see everything in it's beautiful snow covered glory.

boathouse in central park I have been there during christmas holidays, there were just a few people there outside having a coffee, people that were wlaking there dogs, it is a very cosy house rigth in the meadle of central park...were you can hear the birds and see lots and lots of white snow!!

I can't see him not knowing who she is, and if she hasn't told him who she is then that's kinda manipulative.

I agree. I think it would be naiive to assume that he didn't know who Madeleine is.
I think he knows exactly who she is. :closedeye

I agree. I think it would be naiive to assume that he didn't know who Madeleine is.
I think he knows exactly who she is. :closedeye

Sorry, but I disagree. Not everyone is so much into royals that he (or she) recognizes them everywhere. So it could be possible that he really doesn't know who she is (the same happened with Mary and Frederik 10 years ago).

And I also don't think it's manipulativ that she maybe hasn't told him who she is. Maybe she just wants to be completely normal and not a big royal and just wants to know if he's really interested in her. Couldn't blame her.

Sorry, but I disagree. Not everyone is so much into royals that he (or she) recognizes them everywhere. So it could be possible that he really doesn't know who she is (the same happened with Mary and Frederik 10 years ago).

And I also don't think it's manipulativ that she maybe hasn't told him who she is. Maybe she just wants to be completely normal and not a big royal and just wants to know if he's really interested in her. Couldn't blame her.

I agree, unless one is really into royalty (not just British royalty which is what's mostly reported on in the US) one wouldn't just recognize Princess Madeleine upon meeting her. Now, I don't believe that he'd be totally in the dark about her identity for long.

Last edited:
Well if he didn't know who she is he probably does now or will very soon judging by the article.

I think this is the supposed "new guy" in Winter Wonderland Ball in 2007:

http://www.panachemag.com/Web/BeSeen/NYBG0701/B19.jpg

I have a feeling they're exaggerating the whole thing. As Madeleine's friends stated there are a lot of guys circulating around her all the time, doesn't mean she's already taken. I think she should find someone more down to earth, not necessarily someone from high society. With down-to-earth I mean someone with common sense and good values.

Except she is a big royal, who should be in her own country doing something worthwhile than spending time in NY for no reason. ;)
I can understand that he might not know who she is, but being a Princess is hard to keep. Especially when Madeleine has been in NY for a while and I could imagine that at least some gossip magazine might have picked up on her? She has done a few events hasn't see?

Except she is a big royal, who should be in her own country doing something worthwhile than spending time in NY for no reason. ;)?

Madeleine, in the grand scheme of things and in regards to world-wide knoweldge, is not a big royal. Few people outside of Sweden, not counting royalty watchers, would know who she is, unless someone who did know told them. Especially in the US, where the main royals are the Windsors and the Grimaldis - mainly due to Princesses Diana (in recent times) and Grace. Madeleine could be dropped into any country in the world, excluding Sweden, and would be able to go by unnoticed by the populace (until a paparazzi spotted her/was tipped off) - at most, some people might think she is some anonymous wife/daughter of a millionaire. The same for most of the other royals in the world (with some exceptions - Queens Rania and Noor in the US, the Spaniards in South America, Princess Mary in Australia; and even then there would be a large number of people who still wouldn't know who they are - nor would they care). So it is quite likely that this man, whoever he may be, had no clue that Madeleine is a Swedish Princess upon first meeting.

Last edited:
Story about Madeleine and her new "Prince Charming" hits the UK press. Looks like a regurgitation of other articles.
Daily Mail

... Madeleine could be dropped into any country in the world, excluding Sweden, and would be able to go by unnoticed by the populace ...
Great that you share my veiw of Finland is a apart of Sweden not really an indepent country. ;)
Mainly I agree with you, but she would not go unoticed in Finland, and I am not sure she would in the rest of Scandinavia or Germany eitehr but apart from that I agree.

:previous:

Well, perhaps I should give Madeleine the benefit of the 'neighbour' factor ;) - if she was dropped into Denmark, Norway, Finland or Germany, chances are she would be recognised quicker than in other nations. But my point remains the same - Madeleine is not well-known enough on an international scale, simply by face, that she would be recognised immediately by a passer-by on the street.

Agreed Madeline might not be well known on site but I trust by now at the very least this guy knows who she is, either from press, but more likely she or someone she knows told him.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom