Press Reports about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: January 2011 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iltalehti quotes Expressen, that nowadays it is more easier than ever to get into the swedish royal family, referring to that Chris attended with Madeleine a concert at the Carnegie Hall, an engagement that was at Madeleine´s official agenda. Carl Philip has always gone single to his official engagements and Victoria and Daniel could go together just after they had got engaged.
The court refused to comment about Chris being on Madeleine´s side at the concert.
Oho, prinsessa Madeleine edusti jo Chrisin kanssa! | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

No comment from the palace, Victoria close to birthing, Daniel didn't accompany until they were engaged, Maddy shows up with Chris at an event on her official agenda..... I think they are engaged, but not announced.

i think its a case of distance. Madeleine gets away with it because she is in NYC halfway around the world so what can the king do?
Victoria couldn't because of her position and Carl Philip is in Sweden and under his parents nose.

also Madeline knows with Victoria going on materity leave soon she has leverage if you want me to help out more ... i want Chris there with me she is not stupid

i think its a case of distance. Madeleine gets away with it because she is in NYC halfway around the world so what can the king do?
Victoria couldn't because of her position and Carl Philip is in Sweden and under his parents nose.

also Madeline knows with Victoria going on materity leave soon she has leverage if you want me to help out more ... i want Chris there with me she is not stupid

This is not just against you personally, doric, or against anyone who write similar statements, but sometimes I can only shake my head when I read statements like this. Who do you think those three royal "kids" are? Spoiled, egoistic, arrogant teenage brats? Especially regarding Madeleine (with Chris) and Carl Philip (with Sophia) this thinking goes way to far lately.

I don't think they do or don't do things on the basic if they can "go away with it". And I also don't think anyone blackmails a sibling or parent to get their way with anything. That's hormon driven teenager behavior and they're all way to grown up to behave like that.

If Chris was with Madeleine when she is on an official duty I'm pretty sure the king knows it. She is working for the "family company" and knows better than to embrass that "company" just because she wants to "get her way" with her father/boss or blackmail her sister/colleague. That would be just way to low and I just don't see Madeleine that way (the same goes for Carl Philip).

And who knows, maybe it's agreed upon by the king/court and Madeleine that she and Chris can show up on events together on which they're both (if separately) invited. Because we shouldn't forget that Chris himself is not just some little average joe over in NYC and everyone pretty much know they're together anyway. If this would be a good decision is another question though.

No comment from the palace, Victoria close to birthing, Daniel didn't accompany until they were engaged, Maddy shows up with Chris at an event on her official agenda..... I think they are engaged, but not announced.

I don't think she really tags her hypothetical secret fiancé along if he wouldn't be invited anyway. Because in this very moment she's not Madeleine Bernadotte the privat person who maybe is or isn't engaged but HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden who DEFINITELY is NOT engaged. Because as long as there isn't an official announcement the princess is not engaged even if the privat person Madeleine Bernadotte is.

Like I said above my guess why Chris is there with her is that he is invited also and anyone knows they're together anyway. So why stage a farce with them coming separatly and act like they barely know each other?

Last edited:
It is all a farce. She should be entitled to a life. A good life. The Swedish gentleman she was engaged to, turned out not to be a gentleman. Chris seems to be a decent guy. Why all the hoo ha?

Exactly,she is a free woman and she should have the best life she can get with a man who loves and respects her.

The royal reporter of Expressen, Johan T Lindwall said to Iltalehti, that he believes that Madeleine is going to get married soon. Chris doesn´t have to go to a similar prince school as Daniel. The king feels positive to the relationship of Carl Philip and Sofia and he obviously has not refused Chris to attend at Madeleine´s official events with her.
Hoviasiantuntija: "Madde kiirehtii naimisiin" | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

And Lindwall continues
Although Madeleine does not have the same obligations as her big sister Victoria, she lives more royal life.
- Madde likes the glamorous life. She is a real princess. Victoria is a very down to earth and ordinary, says Lindwall.
This is seen particularly clearly in princesses choosing a spouse. Victoria has always fallen in love with very common like men. After Daniel Collert Daniel Westling represented a significant common man.
- With Daniel Westling Victoria has come even closer to the people and the "normal everyday life." Madeleine has a crush on the upper-class achievers who share her values​​.
- Madde would never have fallen in love with a common man like Daniel, says Lindwall.
Hoviasiantuntija: Daniel ei olisi kelvannut Maddelle | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

I recall an visit that was in Victorias calender caused quite a stir on this (and in the newspapers) board when Daniel showed up with her, and they where not engaged then, so it has happend before but it´s not usual - but i think there is a difference showing up together in America then if they where in Sweden, and it´s also less pressure on Madeleine then on Victoria to be and act "perfect".

I recall an visit that was in Victorias calender caused quite a stir on this (and in the newspapers) board when Daniel showed up with her, and they where not engaged then, so it has happend before but it´s not usual - but i think there is a difference showing up together in America then if they where in Sweden, and it´s also less pressure on Madeleine then on Victoria to be and act "perfect".

Daniel was once with Victoria at an icehockey game, which was in Victoria´s calendar. But I have read that they didn´t arrive together and they didn´t sit beside eachother, they sat at the same row. Daniel also attended at a festive mass in Storkyrkan on 8th October 2006, it was at the calendar of the royal family. But Daniel had an invitation of his own because he is a very good friend of the priest and he sat many rows behind the royal family.
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/736/vd200610081.jpg

Last edited:
Well, all (former) girl- and boyfrieds have been invited to the King´s last round birthday party. This was kind of official, too. The photographers really went mad by taking the best pictures :ROFLMAO:.
BYe Bine

Well, all (former) girl- and boyfrieds have been invited to the King´s last round birthday party. This was kind of official, too. The photographers really went mad by taking the best pictures :ROFLMAO:.
BYe Bine

Yes, but that was the private birthday party of the king, not the official.

From magazine "S":
Madeleine was extremely disappointed with her mother that she invited Sofia to French Riviera without informing Madeleine. She reportedly became enraged when she saw the photos of CP and Sofia with the king and queen. So taking Chris to the concert could be a little revenge.
- We choose not to comment on this, says the court information officer Bertil Ternert to S.
So the court usually refrains from commenting on official events?
- As I said, we choose not to go into the issue, says Bertil Ternert.
For the organizers it was a surprise that Madeleine chose to take with her boyfriend:
- I knew she would have someone with her, but it was not until they came as I saw who it was, says Hans Dyhlén, director of the orchestra to Expressens Johan T Lindwall.
'S expert on royalty Roger Lundgren, however, claims that he is not so surprised
- Nothing happens by accident in the royal family. She has clearly spoken to the royal family first before she gets with Chris in an official context, says Roger Lundgren.
S asked from Ternert if the king and the queen were informed that Mr O'Neill would follow with:
- We choose to not at all to go in and comment on Chris O'Neill, says Ternert.
However, it is the first time something similar happens in the Swedish royal family.
- Yes, it is clear that there is historic that it is done this way, says Roger Lundgren.
- One can also interpret that it really is serious about Madeleine's side with Chris, said Lundgren.

Rebellprinsessan Madeleine trotsar Silvia - Tidningen S
Google translation

So Bertil not comment official event with member of SRF, but are talking a lot about girlfriend of CP and her relationship with Maddie. I'm not surprise that Madeleine is angry that Sofia got so warm welcome from family.

Seems like much ado about very little.

Sorry but I dont get it - Ternert refuses to comment on Chris but has no problem commenting on Sofia?

What is wrong with the SRF's communication department?

Madeleine cannot forbid her mother to like Sofia!
If Queen Silvia sees that Carl-Phillip is happy with her, she accepts her, it's normal; every loving mother does it.

To be honest (press included), none of us actually know what Madeleine thinks and feels towards Sofia. The press will write any nonsense to sell a story.

A reporter who has followed the royal family for a long time, Jenny Alexandersson says at Aftonbladet Klick! that Madeleine taking Chris to an official event (the concert at the Carnegie Hall) is an important step towards an engagement.
Prinsessan Madeleines djärva kärleksbeslut

At the article of Svensk Damtidning´s paper version regarding Madeleine and Chris at the concert one "source from the court" says: "We didn´t believe our eyes when we saw the photos from Carnegie Hall. The princess has crossed the limit. Our rules can be oldfashioned. But they are there to save the monarchy".

She crosses the limit? What about CP dating with model who posed to the nude photos :whistling: Double standards?

She crosses the limit? What about CP dating with model who posed to the nude photos :whistling: Double standards?

Yes, it´s odd. But the source refers to the rule of the swedish royal family, that a prince or a princess can´t take girl- or boyfriend to an official event before they are officially engaged.

I know and I also think that bringing a Chris was hmmm rather unexpected and still don't know if it means something (engagement coming) or Madeleine just wanted to show her independent nature. Time will show I think. But constantly criticize of Madeleine and adulation of Sofia really makes me angry.

Finnish Iltalehti quotes Expressen:
Madeleine is going to move to live together with Chris in a luxury apartment during the next weeks. Queen Silvia isn´t happy about this, she had hoped that Madeleine would come back to Sweden and help the family with the work while Victoria is on her maternity leave. The article says that Victoria´s maternity leave will last at least a year, but I think that it means that Victoria will work less during the first year of her child.
Madeleine avoliittoon - Silvia raivostui | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

agami.pearl said:

Sadly there is still some old men in the staff to the king that still belives that monarchy can be saved by using 300 years old rules. If we want's to keep the monarchy in Sweden for many more generations, their only chance is to create a more modern way of living and follow "the time".

Last edited:
I really do wonder what is going through the minds of Swedish media, Sofia was referred to as an unofficial member of the Swedish Royal House while meeting the Finnish Head of state and treated as a Representative Sweden and not fuss is made of it, CP joins her charity, and she does things connected to one of his, Sofia moves in with CP and helps him renovate both his farm house but my god how dare she take Chris? While I don't think bring him along was the best idea, it is the least of problems in the royal family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom