The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
How do the press get these pictures? Send people to different restaurants every morning?
most of the paparazzi pay the restaurants money like the greeter a waiter or the owner of the establishment they call when a celebrity is there...
and if its a juicy valuable shot like princess Madeleine with her new boyfriend then its worth money ...if its just Madeline having breakfast by herself they probably wouldnt call or the paparazzi woulnt go unless they need a shot of that clebrity

Old 03-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine feels betrayed by one of her friends, Stephanie af Klercker. They have been friends since childhood. Stephanie dated Ludvig Blomqvist, one of Jonas Bergström´s childhood friends. They broke up as did Madde and Jonas.
Now Jonas and Stephanie are together, they have been a couple for three weeks in secrecy. Madeleine found just recently out that Jonas has a new love in his life. Although Madeleine has found a new love, she felt angry when she heard that Jonas´ new love was one of her friends, who hadn´t told her about it. Madeleine doesn´t know to whom she can rely on. She has broke up the friendship with Stephanie.
Madeleine bryter med sin väninna - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

Old 03-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Madeleine feels betrayed by one of her friends, Stephanie af Klercker. They have been friends since childhood. Stephanie dated Ludvig Blomqvist, one of Jonas Bergström´s childhood friends. They broke up as did Madde and Jonas.
Now Jonas and Stephanie are together, they have been a couple for three weeks in secrecy. Madeleine found just recently out that Jonas has a new love in his life. Although Madeleine has found a new love, she felt angry when she heard that Jonas´ new love was one of her friends, who hadn´t told her about it. Madeleine doesn´t know to whom she can rely on. She has broke up the friendship with Stephanie.
Madeleine bryter med sin väninna - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

Well, that´s hard stuff..... with her friend since childhood days, and they didn ´t tell her... I can understand her decision. Although she has found another love as well, they were a couple for quite a substancial time. But: it may be, that they did not tell her, because the love is just 3 weeks old - maybe they wanted to wait longer to find out, whether it may last longer or whether it is just a flash in the pan.
BYe Bine
Old 03-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

She sounds like a dog-in-the-manger to me!
It's not like her friend was dating him while he and Madeleine were together; it only happened after they'd broken up.
I feel she could be more gracious about it.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I think Madeleine should take a deep breath and get on with her life. If she is not able to do so and "feels betrayed" she probably isnt over Jonas as much as her new relationship suggests.

We dont know the full extend and who was to blame in the break-up story, while I dont think much of Jonas I do think he was an easy scapegoat to make Madeleine look like the poor dumped innocent girl I doubt she was. And given Jonas has never spilled the beans in the media what he easily could have done could indicate that he isnt THAT bad.

They broke up and moved on, Madeleine is in a new relationship and the same right goes for Jonas. It would be a different matter if Stephanie had been the reason of the split but she wasnt and almost a year has passed now. If Jonas finds a new girlfriend in their former circle of friends why not and who knows how deep the friendship or how regular the contact between Stephanie and Madeleine was at this stage.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

If I was Madeleine I would be annoyed too. She is her friend and knows what hurt Jonas caused but still started a relationship with him? But I guess at the same time it is not always possible to control our feelings.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

There's an unspoken rule in which you can never ever date your friends ex boyfriend! That's just wrong and its crazy if it's true.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Commoner

Any pics ...

... Of Princess Madeleine in New York....
Madeleine
7/9 mars:
projet avec la World Childhood Foundation, Minneapolis
Old 03-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
There's an unspoken rule in which you can never ever date your friends ex boyfriend! That's just wrong and its crazy if it's true.
Gotta go with CrownPrincess5 on this one!

You don't date your friend (especially a "good" friend's) ex. At least without telling her first. Its an unwritten rule.

Now if Jonas is the bad guy in the break up you really don't date him. And if he wasn't, and this is a good friend, you aren't so much seeking their approval but you should let them hear it from you.

SO if Stephanie is dating Jonas, and Madeline broke up with Jonas...than Madeline should have heard it from Stephanie. It doesn't matter if Madeline has moved or if she and Stephanie aren't that tight anymore. Good friends don't have to speak all the time, or be in the same city. Its just tacky IMO.

I think if this is true, Madeline has every right to be upset and it isn't about her being a whiner. I mean, goodness, I know that she isn't the ideal Princess but sometimes I think that people take their dislike for a person (and this isn't just Madeline) and it doesn't allow them to see things objectively.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Serene Highness

It's in very poor taste to do something like this. Well all I can say is if Jonas cheats on Stephanie she has no one to blame but herself because this was something that was known about him. Perhaps she may think Jonas won't cheat on her or do the same thing he did to Madeleine. Maybe she thinks she can reform him. Who knows. This is what many women think when they date their friend's ex. The same pattern comes up again and again. Seen it happened again and again. Not in my own personal experience but seen it happened to other women.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Majesty

I agree. I'd even hesitate to date my friend's ex if they broke up on GOOD terms....let alone if it was a nasty breakup.

It's just a deal breaker where I am from, a line that friends do NOT cross.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

I just wouldn't. I can tell you that it's very strange when you socialize with the partner of someone you broke up with, even if it was good terms. In my case I'd broken up with someone that I was engaged to be married to (he married someone else who wasn't in the picture when we were dating). I'll never forget we were at a party and I was talking to his new wife and I happened to look over and saw him looking at me and then her. It was like he wanted to run out of the room or hide somewhere (we weren't talking about him but the look on his face suggested that he thought we were or wondered if we were talking about him). Later I had to laugh about it Even though he broke up with me, I had no bad feelings towards him but it was awkward to say the least. Seems like it always awkward even when bad feelings aren't involved.

I can't imagine though if I were a childhood friend of someone that I would date their ex-fiance who had hurt them very deeply. I would be reluctant to date anyone they had dated, even if they parted on good terms. It's still awkward especially if you travel in the same circles.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Well... The area now known as Sweden used to be inhabited by Finns and Samis long before the Swedes arrived... But since I know you Swedes have such a penchant for colonialistic boastery (much like our eastern neighbours do), I'll let it slide this time...

The papers have been full of speculations and pure gossip regarding Madeleine and Chris today... I'll put the beyond all proportion interest in this down to the press needing an excuse to have photos of Madeleine published. Most tabloids seem to be keen to present her wearing an evening gown as generous as possible, it seems...
According to the genetics research, the first half of your first sentence has not been proved, one way or the other. It would be great to prove such a thing, one way or another, but in order of appearance of chromosomal markers, one would have to be very careful to say that the Finns or Saamis or Lapps were in Europe first. The first bodies tested from the earliest layers of Sweden are, well, R1 in marker (not the marker of the today-named Finns or Lapps). This could change at any moment, with the discovery of earlier layers, but the old idea that Finns and Hungarians were in situ earlier than Nordic people/R1a-R1b type Europeans is in doubt.

Anyway, this is pertinent only because inheritance is central to the modern notion of royalty - but there's definitely more than just genetic inheritance involved.

I'm guessing that Chris knew she was a bit special when he met her, whether or not he knew right away she was a princess. If she is as regal as she appears in her photos and interviews, I'm sure she let him know subtly and not too long into the relationship that he might be in the public eye.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

Princess madeline of sweden suitors

She already has a boyfriend but I thought that she was perfect for prince William of wales
-same age
-royal
-like to ride horses
But William was taken with another and are now marrying this year.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:47 AM
Nobility

I sincerely agree with you. I've read from many people that they would have made a great couple. It crossed my mind if by chance these allusions were a part of some rumor. Maybe I've felt William have had a fling or romance yet unheard of, but then again it could be my fantasizing imagine. Yes, now we know that William is lovingly marrying his partner for life and boy is she beautiful, yet I'll always wonder why people thought that William and Madeleine would have been a great beau. They're both very attractive. I can see as you. We will never know. In any event I hope Madeleine finds the right person. She deserves only the best from the heavens and the Earth. Cheers.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
She already has a boyfriend but I thought that she was perfect for prince William of wales
-same age
-royal
-like to ride horses
But William was taken with another and are now marrying this year.
Not sure the British people would be that keen on a foreign born royal princess with a questionable work ethic.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

Agreed that both Princess Madeleine and Prince William are very attractive people and would make an attractive couple. If they had shown an interest in each other or shown interest towards each other, we probably would have heard about it at some point especially if they had gone on a couple of dates together or seen together on a couple of occasions. I've never heard of them being linked together or seen pictures of them together. I'm sure if they were, you probably would hear about it.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel

Not sure the British people would be that keen on a foreign born royal princess with a questionable work ethic.
Instead they are getting a British born, commoner with a questionable work ethic..lol (joke)

And before anyone blasts me, some people do question her work ethic....
Old 03-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Aristocracy

What is an acceptable work ethic?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Agreed that both Princess Madeleine and Prince William are very attractive people and would make an attractive couple. If they had shown an interest in each other or shown interest towards each other, we probably would have heard about it at some point especially if they had gone on a couple of dates together or seen together on a couple of occasions. I've never heard of them being linked together or seen pictures of them together. I'm sure if they were, you probably would hear about it.

Did they ever meet????
BYe Bine

Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine